Strawberry Kiss - #24

EUNHAE BONFIRE FEST 2015 - GRAND REVEAL!

Title: Strawberry Kiss

Name: [Redacted]

Tumblr and/or AFF username: [Redacted]

Prompt #: #24

Theme: fluff. As kids, Hyukjae stole Donghae’s first kiss. They meet again a couple of years later and Donghae demands his first kiss back.

Place: anywhere

Object/word prompts: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, sandbox

Action: Donghae spills strawberry milk on Donghae, Hyukjae flicks flour on Donghae’s face.

Specific kinks: none

Things not to be added: no homophobia

Preferences/other notes: none

Prompt given by: [Anonymous]

Word Count: 5051

Rating: PG-13

Author’s/Artist’s Notes: I tried using a highschool!AU for this which is probably a bad idea because i at it. Please forgive me ;__; 

Summary: What kiss is best to repay a stolen first kiss? Of course one that tastes like strawberries!


 

Strawberry Kiss

 

So... this is it.

Hyukjae stands straight with his head tilted upwards, facing the building in front of him. It looks ordinary, painted white much like the rest of the buildings in this small city. It has a huge clock just above the entrance, just like the typical schools you see in the movies. Breathing in, Hyukjae glances at his own attire for the final time, adjusting his uniform. He tugs as his tie and adjusts it to hang a little bit lower than before. Then, he finally steps in the building with long slow strides.

The corridors are silent as it’s still very early. Hyukjae takes his time observing the white pristine walls and letting his feet take him to the teacher's office. He had been there yesterday with his mother to confirm his transfer so he still remembers his way. Reaching the door, Hyukjae knocks it twice before a voice invites him in.

"Excuse me," he mutters, bowing politely by the door.

A man around the age of thirties (or at least Hyukjae thinks he is) turns from his seat to face him, a smile forming. "You must be the transfer student right? Come, come! Take a seat!"

Hyukjae nods timidly, taking a seat across the man's table. "Umm, yes I'm the transfer student. My name's-"

"Lee Hyukjae, am I right?" the man cuts. "My name is Park Jungsoo and you will be assigned in my class for the following year," he says with a smile. "I have your schedule over here, but before that is there anything you would like to ask?"

Hyukjae asks him a few questions regarding school. They chat for a few minutes, taking the time before he needs to officially start his first day at a new school. In those few minutes, Hyukjae decides that he really like his friendly homeroom teacher. Teacher Park asks him about his move to the city, where he lives before and why moving in his third year. Hyukjae explains his father's work transfer and how his mother seems so eager in leaving the busy Seoul life.

The bell rings and he doesn't even realize they had been chatting that long. He follows as teacher Park leads him to his new classroom. Hyukjae hears the noisy class turns silent as teacher Park walks in, and waits outside until he's called. Unconsciously, he fiddles with his tie once more. His other hand is rubbing his nape in a nervous manner, brushing a few strands of burgundy hair. He hears teacher Park telling his soon-to-be-classmates of a transfer student and takes it as his cue to walk in. So he slides the door open and walk in rather slowly, stopping next to teacher Park and faces the rest of the class.

"Hi?" he utters, before realizing it sounds a bit awkward and he clears his throat, trying to ignore the little giggles around the class. "I'm Lee Hyukjae. I just moved in from Seoul three days ago. I hope we all can get along well!" he greets, smiling politely.

He hears a few okays and other agreements, a few hi's and more giggles. He stands for another awkward 5 seconds before teacher Park asks him to take a seat next to a rather curly brown haired male. He walks towards the male who isn't really paying attention to him, seeing how he's too engrossed in his PSP.

Still, Hyukjae greets him as he seats. "Hello."

The boy mumbles a low 'hi' without even glancing at him. Hyukjae shrugs and doesn't try talking some more, although he secretly wonders if playing PSP during class is allowed.

He gets his answer when teacher Park asks the boy to put his PSP away in a reprimanding tone a minute later.

.

.

"Hey, Hyukjae was it?"

Hyukjae is quite startled when his seatmate talks to him as soon as the bell rings. But he replies him nonetheless. "Yes. And you are...?"

"Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun. I'm sorry for ignoring you earlier, I was really close to kill that boss," he explains with a chuckle.

"Nah, its fine. I know how it feels to be disturbed while playing games," Hyukjae replies with a smile.

"So you just move in, eh?" he was clearly trying to start a conversation, and Hyukjae is grateful for that.

"Yea. I left Seoul just three days ago," he replies before continuing in hopes of keeping the conversation going. "I still don't know anything about this place."

"Well, there's not much thing going on here. I'm sure you will be able to adjust pretty well," Kyuhyun paused before continuing. "Wanna join me to the cafeteria? I could introduce you to some friends."

“Gladly!”

They walk besides each other towards the cafeteria, Hyukjae actually following a step behind because he’s afraid he’ll get the wrong way. If Kyuhyun notices this, he doesn’t comment on it. The atmosphere between them slightly awkward but nothing unbearable.

“So... Any girlfriend? Boyfriend?” Kyuhyun asks, breaking the silence.

Hyukjae lifts a brow at the sudden and blunt question. “No, no boyfriend at the moment. But why are you asking?”

“We’re meeting my friends in a few moment. I’m just making sure you’ll back off my boyfriend,” Kyuhyun states nonchalantly, but glares at Hyukjae a bit.

Hyukjae chuckles. “What is his name?”

“Lee Sungmin.”

“Well then,” Hyukjae opens the large cafeteria door, turning to face the crowded hall. “I’ll make sure to remember that.”

As mentioned, the cafeteria is crowded with students from all grades. Hyukjae notices how the tables in the middle are a lot noisier compared to the ones near the corners.

Ah, so the food chain is a thing here.

Hyukjae kinda wish that Kyuhyun’s friends are not those in the very middle of the hall, because they seem rather too loud and obnoxious for his liking. But at the same time he doesn’t want to be on the very corner either. He follows as Kyuhyun leads him through the sea of students before stopping at a table filled with a few other students situated several tables away from the middle. Far enough from the obnoxious group yet not enough to outcast.

Perfect.

“Hey,” he hears Kyuhyun greeting them before the curly haired male swiftly slides on next to another male while slinging his arm around him. He then motions to Hyukjae and welcomes him to take a seat at the same time. “Guys, this is Hyukjae. He just moved in from Seoul three days ago.”

“Hmm, decent,” a deep voice judges him before he can even start. Hyukjae glances at the guy (-it’s a guy right?) sitting across Kyuhyun. He has a really feminine face, contradicting his deep voice if Hyukjae might add. But weirdly Hyukjae felt a chill running down his spine as this guy keeps on scanning him up and down. “He passed,” the same guy commented flatly, before finally staring at Hyukjae right in the eye.

“Heechul-hyung, you’re scaring him,” another voice chuckles softly, and Hyukjae guesses it’s the boyfriend Kyuhyun mentioned before, because the curly haired male is clearly hugging him right now. “Hi Hyukjae, I’m Sungmin. Please just ignore Heechul-hyung and take a seat, make yourself comfortable. He won’t bite I promise.”

Hyukjae sits next to Heechul to even the space, grinning cheekily. “I surely hope not. I mean I know I look delicious but,” he jokes.

Heechul lifts his brows, his arm supporting his chin as he tilts his head lazily. An amused smile plastered on his lips. “I like this kid. Welcome to the group.”

Hyukjae smiles, looking up from the table just in time for another guy to approach them. “Hey!” the guy exclaims loudly and dumps down beside Sungmin, trying to snatch a bit of his lunch before he gets swatted away. He grins and turns to Hyukjae. “Who’s this?” he asks as if Hyukjae can’t hear him.

“Hyukjae, I just moved in. Nice to meet you,” Hyukjae greets politely.

“Oh, welcome!” he suddenly greets in English. “I’m Henry! I hope you’ll like it here. Well I sure do, with all the delicious food this cafeteria provides,” he blabbers.

“With the amount you eaten I’m surprised you never gain any weight.”

“It’s my gift, Heechul-hyung.”

Hyukjae chuckles. “Oh I can relate to that.”

Henry turns to face Hyukjae with something akin to sparkles in his eyes. Hyukjae contemplates if he should be amused or mildly scared. He settles with the feeling in between when Henry opens his arms wide and shouts ‘brother!’ in an exaggerated manner. The other three on the table seems too used to these stuffs happening that they don’t bother to comment on it.

Lunch went well. At least Hyukjae enjoys every second of it himself. He takes his time to carefully learn his surroundings. Kyuhyun and Sungmin looks like a loving couple. Kyuhyun is surprisingly snarky, in a friendly manner. He teases Henry a lot and Henry is sometimes too naive to even realize. Heechul is eccentric, he decides. But he’s kinda cool and his taunts don’t deliver as much venom as it sounds, seen through the fond eyes. Sungmin is clearly the most calm and sane one in this group, most of the time settling them all  when their banter starts getting out of control. So far, Hyukjae enjoys his first day. It’s interesting enough and went by smoothly. Well, at least until the next moment.

Hyukjae is laughing along to one of Kyuhyun’s smartass comment when he spots a guy walking towards them. His hair is brunette and his face is oddly familiar. Hyukjae thinks it might be one of Kyuhyun’s friends again, but the guy stops right in front of him.

The guy says nothing, staring at him with wide, brown eyes. Hyukjae is sure his face shows confusion as he stares back. He hears some people start to whisper and his friends turning silent to stare at them confusedly.

“Uhh... Is something wro--”

“I want my first kiss back,” the guy cuts him, voice loud and clear.

The whispers around them get louder. People are now openly staring at them in curiosity. Even his new friends are now gawking at them. But Hyukjae notices none of it. Because the only thing he could think of, with his single-lidded eyes opened wide is-

“...what?”

.

.

“I’ve told you I really don’t know!”

His voice is starting to sound really desperate. Hyukjae ruffle his burgundy hair exasperatedly, tangling his fingers between the now messy locks. He had been receiving questions about the brunette guy he doesn’t even know for the past school hours now from literally everyone. He barely copes with the excessive attention given to him because of it and was glad when school ends. But even so, now one of his newly made friends won’t stop questioning him too. Hyukjae quicken his steps in hopes of exiting the school grounds as fast as possible and ditch his friend.

After the weird demand was uttered by the weird brunette, all Hyukjae could do was gawk at him. He didn’t even react when the brunette repeated his sentence with a little huff. Seeing his lack of reaction, the brunette seemed rather ticked off and he frowned (rather adorably, now that Hyukjae remembers it) before finally turning around and stomping away. The whole cafeteria watching him leave and how Hyukjae was still pathetically gaping.

Turns out, the brunette is pretty famous. And to Hyukjae’s surprise, not for his weirdness. His name is Lee Donghae, the sweet and cheerful guy who is loved by almost everyone in school. Both girls and guys adore him. The thing is, he never accepts any confession so his preference has been a mystery. That’s why it came to a shock that the brunette approaches the new student and asks for a kiss.

By the tone he’s using it’s more like he’s trying to rob me or something.

“Are you sure? Maybe you’ve met him somewhere before...” Kyuhyun’s voice drifts of as his steps slows down, and that’s when Hyukjae realize the same brunette he had been thinking about is now standing near the school gates, staring straight at him. Unconsciously, Hyukjae slows down as well, before coming to a halt several meters away from the brunette. Kyuhyun stops with him.

“He can’t possibly be waiting for me, can he?” Hyukjae whispers to Kyuhyun.

“It seems like he is,” Kyuhyun mumbles, his expression a mix of confusion and curiosity.

Before the both of them can say anything more, the brunette gets impatient and marches towards them, sending Hyukjae into an internal panic state. Hyukjae doesn’t even know why he feels afraid. The brunette is a few centimeters short compared to him and he doesn’t look intimidating at all. Yet here is Hyukjae having an internal seizure.

The brunette says nothing. He grabs Hyukjae by his arm and drags him away just like that, exiting the school grounds. Hyukjae tries to say something, anything, but again he is too caught out by surprise to produce any voice that doesn’t sound gibberish. He doesn’t know how long has the brunette been dragging him along when he finally gets his voice (and brain) back.

“Hey, where are you dragging me to?” when Hyukjae receives no answer, he feels the pent up confusion and frustration turning into anger and starts to rise up in him. “Hey, answer me. Donghae, is it? Where are you taking me? Why are you taking me? Why did you approach me in the cafeteria and--”

Donghae stops and Hyukjae is barely able to stop himself into crashing on him. “I just want my first kiss back,” Donghae says, turning back to face Hyukjae with a frown.

“What do you even mean? You don’t make any sense,” Hyukjae sighs exasperatedly. “What first kiss?”

“You don’t remember, do you?”

Hyukjae stares back at him, confused. Not only because of the things he imply, but because there’s a hint of disappointment lying beneath the tone of voice. That is when Hyukjae finally takes the time to really look at the brunette’s features.

His skin looks smooth and flawless, slightly tan. His lips are thin, a contrary to his own plump ones but just as pink and sweet looking. But what draws him the most is the pair of deep brown eyes that looks like it sparkles even in the brightest lighting of the sun. The pair of eyes drowns him deep, bringing him into a distance memory he never really remember before.

A memory of a particular summer trip to a city back when he was barely five. He remembers a familiar looking boy with round brown eyes and soft brunette hair that was tied into a tiny ponytail. He remembers a younger version of himself talking and playing with the boy, on a tiny park with two blue swings and a large sandbox.

“Ah!” Hyukjae exclaims. “It was you, was it? Back then when we were five.”

A smile graces Donghae’s lips, and now Hyukjae can definitely say he remembers the sweet smile. “Technically I was still four. But yes, that was me.”

“How could you recognize me? I mean that was ages ago. I didn’t even remember this is the same city I went to during that one summer vacation.”

“Well,” Donghae pauses, turning to look at the right side of the road they were at. Hyukjae follows his gaze, quite surprised to find them being in the same little park. “I’m not sure myself. Maybe because that short week was one of the best week I ever have.”

Seemingly to just realize what he had said, Hyukjae notices how the smooth tanned skin of his cheek is now painted with a reddish hue, a soft blush blooming from his own words. “Ah, sorry. I didn’t mean to sound so dramatic and--”

“That’s okay,” Hyukjae cuts him, gazing at him warmly. Donghae returns the gaze only to blush a little bit more. “It’s actually really sweet of you.”

Hyukjae watches how Donghae fidgets in his place, looking awkward and shy. He can’t help but chuckle. Not wanting the brunette to drown in his embarrassment, he gently pulls Donghae’s hand to enter the park with him. Hyukjae glances at the sandbox, but then pull Donghae to sit on one of the swings and then moves to sit on the other one. They both start swinging back and forth in silence.

“I’m starting to remember now,” Hyukjae says while staring at the sky. Donghae turns his face a bit to glance at Hyukjae, not fully staring at him. “When I was five, dad brought me to have a summer vacation here, in one of my relative’s place. I was so bored though, because my cousins are way older than me and they won’t let me play with them. So most of the time, I will sneak out of the house and wander around on my own.” Hyukjae glances back at Donghae. “That was when I met you.”

“I remember I was playing at this park alone,” Donghae continues the story, a small smile on his lips. “I was waiting for dad to come home from work by playing in this park. It has always been lonely. But then you came along. I was a shy kid, so I started crying when you approach me and talk to me.”

“I remember that!” Hyukjae laughs. “I was so surprised when you burst out crying. I didn’t know what to do. I tried soothing you but you cry even more. So I give you my strawberry milk. But you accidentally slapped my hand away making it drop and spill all over me. I was shocked, half soaked with the pink substance. But then,” Hyukjae pauses and smiles at the memory. “Then you started giggling at me. You looked so adorable I can’t even get mad at you.”

A faint blush dusts Donghae’s cheeks again, but he laughs along. “I can’t help it! You look so funny with half of your white shirt soaked pink. And your hair deflated making you resemble a drenched cat.”

“That wasn’t the best meeting, was it?” Hyukjae remembers how he started whining a minute later and Donghae trying to apologize while muffling his giggles. They ended up in Donghae’s home, confusing his mom and him borrowing one of Donghae’s nemo printed shirt.

“It wasn’t,” Donghae agrees. “But it’s what makes it special, I guess.”

Hyukjae nodded, gaze back to the little sandbox. The sandbox used to look so huge before. They made castles and huge sand turtles in it, big enough for them to ride behind its shell. Now as they age, it looks so small. “I had a great time that week.”

“Me too...” Donghae’s gaze saddens a little. “Too much of a great time that I cried when it’s time for you to go.”

“It’s hard for me too, you know.” Hyukjae sighed. “You were crying so much I felt really guilty. So I just...”

Hyukjae remembers how his innocent self mashes his plump lips with Donghae’s thin ones. Because his mom had always say that kisses makes everything better, and kisses stops pain. He remembers how little Donghae’s eyes widen before he hiccupped cutely in confusion. At least, that succeeded on stopping his cries.

But wait.

“What did you mean by wanting your first kiss back?”

If Donghae’s cheeks were dusted by light red before, this time the hue intensifies ten times darker. “I-I don’t know. I-I was just saying it because... I don’t know. But you stole my first kiss!”

“I’m sorry if I stole your first kiss. But I can’t really return it can I?” Hyukjae scoots over a little with his legs paddling the ground, his swing tilting slightly towards Donghae. He grins cheekily before whispering in a rather teasing manner. “If this helps you, that was my first kiss too.”

When Donghae whines and covers his face with both of his palms, Hyukjae wonders how he could forget his childhood sweetheart.

“Now that I’m back though,” Hyukjae starts again. “We have all the time in the world. Not just another week.”

When Hyukjae sees the corner of Donghae’s lips curl up, palms unable to hide it, he wonders if it’s alright to have his heart fluttering for him already.

.

.

The next day at school, after Hyukjae greets Donghae and is returned by a shy smile, he finds himself being famous in a matter of seconds. Not that he hates it. He just marvels how much of an impact Donghae could bring to his social life. He have random people greeting him as he walks by the corridor at lunch. And that’s not even the peak yet.

When Donghae asks if he could sit with him at lunch, he contemplates if it’s a good decision. Later on he decides it’s a fifty-fifty result. Because Donghae is now officially Heechul’s favorite adorable dongsaeng and Heechul won’t stop smothering him. Heechul admits to never really care about the rather famous brunette before, but now can’t resist him when he gets to know him better. The good news is, Donghae seems to be fond of Heechul too.

Hours turn to days, days turn to weeks. Hyukjae is starting to feel at ease with this environment. He manages to get comfortable with his friends, starts to get familiar with the classes and the roads. On top of that, him and Donghae had been inseparable.

And he enjoys every second of it.

Rumors of him and Donghae dating is bound to appear sooner or later. But the both of them never really mind. Questions were asked every so often, but both just laugh it off because the truth is, they never really settled for anything either. For now they’re happy with what they have, whatever that is.

.

.

“Hyukjae?”

Hyukjae hummed in response, refusing to open his eyes. The grass feels like a huge green blanket underneath him, too comfortable to wake him up.

“Wanna hang out by my place today? Mom will be out for some business dinner and I don’t wanna be alone.”

Hyukjae can see the pout on Donghae’s lips even with his eyes closed, and he holds back a smile. In these short weeks, Hyukjae knows so much more about Donghae. Like how he hates being alone at home, because it makes him miss his deceased father. At that thought Hyukjae’s smile disappears. He opens his eyes and stares at Donghae’s back sadly. The brunette is sitting with both his legs folded in front of his chest, arms crossed above his knees. He is sitting a bit in front of Hyukjae.

Hyukjae sits up and scoots over exactly beside him. “Sure, I’ll just text my mom first,” and he does just that, pulling his phone from his back pocket and sent a quick text to his mother. “What do you want to do?”

Donghae shrugs. “I don’t know. We finished all the playstation and PSP games I have. And I still haven’t bought a new monopoly board to replace the one you soaked.”

Hyukjae has the decency to look ashamed. “Can you stop reminding me about that? I said I was sorry,” now it’s his turn to sulk.

Donghae laughs. “I was just teasing you. But yeah, we basically got nothing to do.”

It’s silent for a while as both tries to find something to do for the day. Suddenly Hyukjae brightens up. “Hey, remember the strawberry pie they used to have in Chocolat Bonbon?”

Donghae stops to think for a while, not knowing where this conversation is heading. “Uh... Yes? But they stopped selling it a few days ago because the sales wasn’t so good right?”

“Sadly,” Hyukjae nods pitifully. “And now I’m craving for strawberry pies. But since there’s no place near that sells it now... How about we...” he drawls, wiggling his eyebrows at Donghae.

“...Are you suggesting that we bake a strawberry pie?” Donghae asks incredulously. “Hyukjae, you have the magic ability to burn water when you cook and I have the prowess of exploding electronic things with a touch, including the oven.”

“I know right? It’s going to be fun!”

Despite the impossible idea, Donghae can’t help but agree with him when Hyukjae is showing such a bright smile that shows his gums and makes him feel warm inside. As Hyukjae stands up with a small jump and reaches out a hand towards him, Donghae grasp the warm palm and entwines the fingers with his own, knowing nothing can go wrong.

.

.

“So... what’s the first thing to do?”

“Wait let me read it for a second,” Donghae takes out his phone and opens his minimized browser that displays a strawberry pie recipe. “Uhh... For the pie crust, mix flour and chopped butter. Season it with salt. Then add in water.”

Hyukjae rummages their shopping bags and pulled out the mentioned ingredients. Then he prepares the utensils that he ransacked blindly from the cupboards.

“How much is it?” he asked, rolling up his sleeves and preparing to pour the flour into the bowl.

Donghae tells him the measurements before pulling out fresh strawberries. He takes a bowl and soaks the strawberry in cold water to rinse it. He is about to start slicing the strawberries when Hyukjae calls out for him again.

“Donghae?”

“Yes?”

“Is the butter supposed to melt when you cut them?”

Donghae turned to face him. “Huh?”

He can see Hyukjae’s confused face as he tries to chop the butters. It’s starting to melt because of his own body heat where he gripped the other end. Some of the butter sticking to the knife. “Maybe we should’ve put it in the freezer first...” Hyukjae mumbles, but knowing it’s too late for that now.

“We’re going to mix it all in anyway right? It shouldn’t be a problem,” Donghae says, trying to cheer him up.

“If you say so...” Hyukjae shrugs, continuing chopping the butter with much difficulty.

Donghae turns back to his own work and starts slicing the strawberries carefully. The more he slice, the more tempted he is to sneak a bite or two. Donghae wasn’t a strawberry lover, at least not until Hyukjae starts influencing him. Now he’s probably as bad as Hyukjae himself.

Losing to temptation, Donghae takes a slice of strawberry and eats it.

Before he can even chew, he feels a bit of flour flunged to his face. “Hey!” he exclaims, turning to Hyukjae who is now mixing some ingredients on a huge bowl while staring at him judgingly.

“I can see you. Stop trying to sneak a bite. No one eats any strawberry before me,” Hyukjae states.

“Oh really?” Donghae taunts. He chews and gulps the strawberry, before taking another slice and opens his mouth to eat another piece.

Yah!” Hyukjae reaches out to grab his hand but misses, making Donghae laugh and eat happily.

Not wanting to lose, Hyukjae dips his finger in the mixture, the more wet part from the butter and smears it to Donghae’s cheek. Donghae yelps and swats his hand away. But it’s too late and the damage had been done. Hyukjae laughs loudly, not realizing that Donghae has put his knife and strawberries away to grab Hyukjae’s bowl and dip his own fingers in it, smearing Hyukjae all over his clothes and arm.

What was supposed to be a baking session turned into playful food war between the two. Flours are flunged all over the kitchen, butter smeared on each other’s face and body. By the time they are done, both are sitting on the kitchen floor tiredly but still with laughter that won’t stop. The bowl that was supposed to be filled with the pie dough now half empty and lying behind them.

“Look at what you’ve done,” Donghae accuses, pointing at the bowl and flailing his arms to gesture at the messy kitchen. His breath a bit short from too much laughing.

“You asked for it,” Hyukjae defends. “I guess we were never meant to bake after all,” he adds with another laugh.

Donghae agrees, he reaches out for the left over strawberries and bites one of it. Because they might have been stealing some bites too in between their food war. “Let’s just eat this fresh.”

“Uh huh,” Hyukjae turns towards Donghae and for the nth time that day he bursts out laughing. “Your face is a mess!”

Donghae frowns, looking at him judgingly. “You’re one to talk. You have flour on your chin.”

“You have flour everywhere,” Hyukjae counters, reaching out a hand and wipes the corner of Donghae’s mouth.

It is then that Hyukjae realizes how soft Donghae’s lips felt. How inviting the colour looks, even a bit more red from the strawberry juices he had been eating. He wonders if it tastes like strawberries too.

Donghae holds his breath when he realize Hyukjae isn’t planning to pull his hand anytime soon. He sees how Hyukjae is staring rather dazed at his lips, and he wonders if something is going to happen. Because he wants something to happen. He wants Hyukjae to kiss him.

And so, he asks for it.

“Hyukjae,” he whispers.

“Hmm?” Hyukjae seems to be too lost in his trance to stop staring at the now moving lips.

“I want my first kiss back.”

That seems to snap Hyukjae out of his trance. His eyes widen as he diverts his gaze to Donghae’s eyes, drowning in the brown orbs. Then he smiled, softly before he confidently nods and leans in.

As he kisses him, Hyukjae is quite satisfied because what he has been wondering is right after all. Donghae’s lips are soft and fits perfectly with his own. And they taste sweet, really sweet and brings a pleasant feeling, just like strawberries. Hyukjae can feel his heart starting to beat loudly in bliss, and he knows he’s not the only one feeling this way. They move their lips languidly against each other, drowning in the pleasant feeling just a little longer.

“...was that enough to repay your first kiss?” Hyukjae whispers when they finally separate.

“Mmm, I’m not sure,” Donghae breathes. “Maybe we need to do it again.”

So they kiss again.

And again.

And they keep on kissing until their hearts content.

.

.

-End-