Midnight Festival - #12

EUNHAE BONFIRE FEST 2015 - GRAND REVEAL!

Note of admin (Lau): I am so, so, so, so sorry for the long wait, guys :( I know I should have posted this last story and the Grand Reveal weeks ago, but things got hectic and life became busy and I couldn't do anything anymore /o\

Since some works came in too late, which I really don't blame the creators for, don't worry, I was kind of taken aback when I realized I had to post the grand reveal of the fest while I was on vacations in Vietnam. There's no stable wi-fi in Vietnam, or almost none, and I was kind of running out because I invited a friend and I wanted her to have a good time, and also because I wanted to meet my family :(((

Also, I installed Windows 10 and that little messed up with my touchpad which made it ten times more difficiult to use my laptop /o\\\

All in all, I am very, very, very sorry. And I also apologize to the author of this story for using it as space for my sorry note :( do forgive me.

The Grand Reveal will be posted in a couple of days!


Title: Midnight Festival

Name: [Redacted]

Tumblr and/or AFF username: [Redacted]

Prompt #: #12

Theme: anything you want

Place: anywhere you’d like

Object/word prompts: stars, indigo

Action:He slowly picks the dark flower up and inhales, eyes closed. But it smells of nothing.

Specific kinks: slow, lazy up against a wall (or anything else) if rated. Though it’s not mandatory at all!

Things not to be added: no homo/biphobia, no bashing

Preferences/other notes: just have fun!

Prompt given by: [Anonymous]

Word Count: 5998

Rating: PG-13 to NC-17

Author’s/Artist’s Notes: The longest story I had to work on! But I loved the prompt. Finally I made use of my long kept drafts and arrived at this plot. Forgive me for any mistakes (and the poor ) ;; I did my best! Hope you like it ^^

Summary: "They send a person who can never stay, who can never accept my offer of companionship for more than a little while. They send me a hero I can't help... just the sort of person I can't help falling in love with.”


 

 

Moonlight Festival

 

“They send a person who can never stay, who can never accept my offer of companionship for more than a little while. They send me a hero I can't help... just the sort of person I can't help falling in love with.”

 

 

There is this old urban legend from the small town of Donghae's province about one flower that can grant any wish and make it come true. It is said that this flower is found deep in the forest where spirit folk and fairies lie and up the Indigo Cliff. The folktale also says that the flower only blooms one week before full moon and vanishes once the lunar week is over. However this is not only just a regular full moon, it is when the moon rises showing off it's beautiful features giving off a majestic view and the stars are aligned accordingly to the legend does it only appear. No one knows when it is or where it is exactly.

 

Every year, people from different places visit the town to watch the majestic Moon Festival and indulge in the marvelous and closest view of the full moon they will ever see. But their true intentions lie within the secret desires of their hearts; to make a wish on that flower or even catch a glimpse of it.

 

 

 

Lee Donghae knows this legend very well, or rather, this story. His mother often tell him this before he goes to bed. The legend got passed to and fro little kids which served as their bedtime stories. This made the kids of Mokpo full of dreams, ears out and eyes always ready for adventure. But because of the mixed gossips of people, the legend got modified plenty times over time. Although a part of him says this is only an urban legend, a myth that is made up solely for the reason of fantasy, deep inside he believes. He wants to believe. He has too because it’s the only thing left that coaxes him. He has too because it's his only reason not to give up completely yet.

 

When he was 13, his parents got divorced. He was left under the custody of this father and his older brother to their mother. He only get to see his mom and brother on his birthday and Christmas. When he hit 16, Donghae admitted to himself he isn’t like those normal boys who like girls. He prefer those with the same gender of him and came out to his father. His dad accepted him and he couldn’t be more thankful for the support. He lost his father when he was 18 due to car accident and custody was transferred to his mother. Unlike his father, his mom wasn’t supportive about it. His brother studies in Japan so there was no one to turn to. He received beating and insult everyday even in school until he can’t take it anymore and left his house for good. He decided to cut off his family ties unless his mother learns to accept him. He got into numerous relationships, both with girls and boys, but all of them resulted to countless heartbreaks. He then labeled his life as miserable, hopeless and alone. Through it all, Donghae remained standing.

 

In the eyes of many people, Donghae is the definition of strong. He never falters at any insults nor do judgmental looks people give him. He stands up every time he falls, he walks head high; proud and smiling. But they were wrong. Donghae is not strong, he is weak. He flinches at insults and judgmental looks, he got bruises and scars every time he falls, he walks with head high proud and smiling but once he hit home, he curls up and breaks down at how hard life is. He cries to sleep every single night and silently pleas for the ache in his heart to stop.

 

So he decided, he will do any means to find meaning to his life again.

 

 

My goddess, what is love?

 

Love is the most powerful thing on earth.

 

If that’s the case. I wish to experience it, my goddess.

 

You will, soon.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

“Damn it.” Donghae cursed under his breath. He shouldn't have come here alone. He shouldn't have believed in that stupid story in the first place. Despite being born in Mokpo; he was raised and spent almost his whole life in Seoul. He never remembers himself leaving the brightly lit busy city he deemed as home. Yes, he may have visited his province once or twice but that was back when he was younger, way too back when his family are still together. Now he is hopelessly lost.

 

"Did I even rode the right train or no?" Donghae dialled his Grandpa's number again but no response came. "7% battery left, great. I'm the luckiest person ever" he muttered to himself.

 

The brunette dejectedly made his way to a nearby 24-hour convenience store to kill time. What can he do? Its past midnight already and the trains already stopped working. Maybe he can ask the saleslady on the counter about directions or something. Maybe if she's kind enough she'll let him sleep here in a few hours. Or maybe he can just give it up and go home. He's dead tired anyway and he wants nothing more but to be back in his small apartment pondering over his ed up life. Maybe he'll do that.

 

With slumped shoulders, he grabbed a ramen cup along with a bottled water and walked up to the counter for his purchase. He didn't even notice the flirting glances the saleslady kept giving him.

 

"Excuse me but do you know where Jeollanam-do is?"

 

"I just moved around this area, I don't know most of the places yet so I can't help you with your problem. Sorry sir."

 

Wow, such luck indeed. "It's alright but thank-"

 

"But maybe I can help you with your... other problems", the lady winked.

 

Gee, no thanks. Donghae rubbed his nape awkwardly. "Uhh.. I don't really swing that way." He said sheepishly and walked over the corner, leaving the lady in surprise.

 

Donghae sat in one of the tables and charged his phone while waiting for his ramen to cook. At the same time, a jingle was heard signifying arrival of another customer. He hears a few shuffling and a hearty laugh. That lady is probably hitting on a poor stranger. He guessed the new arrival is most likely looking through the shelves of food or whatever. The brunette ignored the sounds and started to dig in to his food. It's a rather chilly night so he mentally praised himself for opting for a hot soup of ramen. He supposed he can help himself with a cup of coffee too the moment a sweet aroma filled his nostrils. He looked at a nearby table and was surprised to see a young man already occupying the seat.

 

Surprise was an understatement. He was more like ... enchanted. The young man was undeniably gorgeous. Donghae's eyes slowly travelled its way to the man's face, taking its time to observe.

 

The young man had a pale yet smooth complexion. Donghae couldn't figure out the other man's hair color but he thinks it's somewhere near blond or was it bright blond? ; His bangs are swept to one side hovering over a pair of single lidded eyes that connects to a straight nose and an even fuller plump lips. Donghae can only stare in amazement as he watches those lips pucker as the said man sips at his own coffee.

 

"Excuse me? Do you need anything?" The gorgeous man spoke.

 

"Huh?" He snapped asked in a daze. What the hell am I doing?

 

Donghae just then realized what he was doing before mentally slapping himself. "Oh I j-just... I didn't know I'm also, yeah, I'm s-sorry!"

 

"It's okay." The other smiled at him and Donghae was taken aback. "I'm sorry to intrude but you look a little ... lost."

 

The brunette's eyes widen in return, "N-no. I'm only waiting for the train to operate. My grandfather is waiting for me but I lost contact with him" The other shrugged and continuer sipping his coffee. Silence dominates the store except for the silent him of the air conditioner and the occasionally sounds from the counter. Donghae decided to break the deafening silence.

 

"I could use some directions though!" His face beet red. “I’m a little … lost”

 

The blonde’s lips curl up in a soft smile. “Don’t worry I’ll help you!”

 

Little did Donghae know, this man is about to help him even more.

 

~~~~~~

 

“Where are you from?”

 

“Seoul”

 

A raised eyebrow. “That’s pretty far from here, isn’t it? Why are you here?”

 

“T-to visit my grandfather” He can’t just say ‘I’m here for a ing flower is he?’

 

“Oh. So … where are you going again?”

 

“Jeollanam-do.”

 

“Really? What a coincidence! I live there!”

 

“Great.”

 

Silence deemed them again once more. They are near the train platform, waiting for each other to start a conversation. He was actually shy to start one, he can’t even look at him for long after the staring incident earlier!

 

“Have you ever been to Jeollanam-do before?” Donghae was taken aback when the man suddenly spoke.

 

“I have, when I was a little kid.” He sighed.

 

Silence again. It was awkward to say the least. They were talking with each other yet they didn’t know each other names yet. Weird. They sat in silence, the man staring at the sky and Donghae trying his best not to stare at him, until the people start to come by and the trains started working.

 

They didn’t talk until they were sat along the confinements of the train.

 

“Isn’t it weird that there is two guys, on a way to Jeollanam-do, with a complete stranger not knowing his name except he offered help to a complete stranger?” Donghae chuckled to himself and offered a handshake. “My name is Donghae, by the way.”

 

The man blinked and shook his hand. “Hyukjae, I’m Hyukjae.” Finally a name to label a gorgeous face.

 

They continued to talk about random things until they arrived at their destination. Donghae’s grandfather was waiting for him to the station when they arrived. He scolded Donghae for losing contact with him before hugging him. Donghae’s grandpa then turned to Hyukjae and thanked him for guiding his ‘naughty grandson’.

 

“It’s fine grandpa. I live around here anyways.”

“Is that so? Then you should tour this grandson of mine around then! He seldomly visits here so I need someone to show him around.” His grandpa taps him in his shoulder and Donghae can’t help but feel embarrassed about it.

 

“Ah.. No! I can do it by myself.” He said sheepishly. “Grandpa, we can’t bother him anymore.”

 

“Nonsense, you need a friend. Who will show you around when the festival starts?”

 

Festival?

 

Hyukjae overhears their conversation that sparks him an interest. “I can show you there. I can tour you at the Moonlight Festival”

 

Donghae widen his eyes. Moonlight Festival, that’s what he came here for. His eyes didn’t hide his curiosity and eagerness when he agrees. Meanwhile, Hyukjae was taken aback when he saw those sparkle in his eyes.

 

~~~~~~

 

They met again in a small café to have breakfast, near the station. Strangely, they don’t feel awkward anymore and it feels like they are old colleagues who decided to catch up on life. They had a nice conversation about anything they can think of. Soon enough, laughters and jokes were being thrown to each other. It all felt so natural …. Talking with each other, making bad jokes without getting bored even if they were strangers before.

 

They talk for hours which surprised both of them. “You know what, we can be cooped around this café all day or I can show you around now”

 

“On your way then, ladies first” Donghae gestured to the door. Hyukjae stuck his tongue out. Cute, Donghae thought.

 

It’s either the blonde is a tour guide or he just knows his way around. They walked around, with Hyukjae showing him places and Donghae was amazed. He didn’t know Mokpo would be this beautiful. He arranged his camera and pointed it to a pretty-looking scenery. He clicked the button and came snap! He kept on shooting photos everywhere while Hyukjae babbles. It’s so fun he decided to check the photos out later. Hyukjae isn’t entirely sure where to bring Donghae or what to show him but it didn’t seem like a problem.

 

Donghae was completely fascinated about everything. He looked alive compared to yesterday.

 

They stopped for a while in a store when they grew tired of walking. He noticed Hyukjae was sweating buckets so he decided to buy him a cone of ice scream as a sign of thanks.

 

“Tired?” The blonde nodded. Sweaty bangs were stuck to his forehead. “I honestly never toured someone before.” He weakly smiled.

 

“Is that all you’ve got?” Donghae jokingly challeneged. “I can go on for more hours without stopping.”

 

“You bet”

 

They continue to eat their ice cream until they were all finished. They resume on walking peacefully, side by side for the sake of relaxing. Sometimes their shoulders will bump and they will break out into small laughs until Hyukjae decided to bump him with more strength and Donghae stumbles and falls on his .

 

“What the hell?!” He looked like a total idiot. Sitting on his , in the middle of the sidewalk with people staring.

 

Hyukjae laughed so loudly, all gums peeking behind the plumpy lips. Donghae freezed. It was the first time he saw him like that. He was so dazzled by the way the blonde looked. He didn’t realize he was staring again when he saw a flash of the camera. “Hyukjae!”

 

“What? You look funny like that and why are you not yet standing?” He held his hand out and helped Donghae get up.

 

“Shut up” He faked his annoyance and they continue walking. He kept quiet the whole time faking anger to Hyukjae. The truth is, he was busy replaying that smile in his head. He thought Hyukjae look handsome the most even with his loud laughter and gummy smile. While the latter was worried, he had gone too far.

 

“Sorry” He muttered under his breath.

 

“Sorry, your ” He said, a hint of playfulness in his voice. Hyukjae got the hint and they end up chasing each other through the streets.

 

 

~~~~~~

“See you tomorrow?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Same time, same place?”

 

“Sure!”

 

~~~~~~

 

 

They met day after day and spent time together more than ever. Hyukjae brings Donghae to different places with the awesomest food and Donghae was thankful.

 

He was thankful more than that reason.

 

Throughout of their times together, Hyukjae listens to his story. He tells him of his life in Seoul and how tiresome it is. He opened up to him, shared a little of life to him. And Hyukjae didn’t judge him. He didn’t leave him or mock him even if he said he’s into guys.

 

Instead Hyukjae hugged him and told him he will make Donghae forget. And he did. Problems were forgotten temporarily. They talked, ate, goofed and joked around. Hyukjae was great. He doesn’t have a single care in the world whenever he was with Hyukjae. He was reminded of his purpose of coming here when the blonde brought him to the plaza where the festival was supposed to be held.

 

“Whoa, they have put up many stalls already!” Donghae exclaimed.

 

“Early preparation.” Hyukjae smiled. “You’ll see. After sunrise, this place would be magical”

 

Hyukjae never lies, Donghae figured.

 

Colorful lanterns were hung around trees and stalls were decorated of a wide variety of cute trinkets. An upbeat but traditional song were being played by some instruments. There is a big stage in front, probably for performances. People are beginning to pile up for the festival. Little kids were playing around, running here and there.

 

Donghae was touched. He even feel like crying. “Thank you, Hyukjae.” he took the latter’s hand and clasped in tightly with his own. They walk around the pre-festival hand-in-hand, hearts beginning to pound for something more.

 

~~~~~~

 

Every day, after their usual ‘date’ on the mornings, they would spend time together on the plaza, hands still holding. It became a habit of theirs, Hyukjae isn’t weirded out anymore, and instead he feels comfortable. He thinks Donghae is warm and handsome. He really likes it.

 

“Do you know the story behind the Moonlight Festival?” Donghae starts.

 

“Of course. Every single person here in Mokpo knows that.”

 

“Well, I know this is strange but I think I’m going to look for that flower and make a wish on it!” He noticed Hyukjae’s hands grips him a bit tightly.

 

“Really? What will you wish for?”

 

“It’s a secret. But it’s something I wanted for years now.”

 

Hyukjae was about to ask a question when Donghae’s attention shift to a small pond with colorful fishes on it, taking pictures.

 

He stared at Donghae’s back sadly but at the same time he hopes. He hopes, this is it.

~~~~~~

 

My goddess, if I found my love already, if my hero founds me, will I be human?

 

Yes child, you will be but are you ready?

 

Why?

 

Human time contrast ours. Time runs differently in the human world. And my gift of immortality will vanish once you are one.

 

Its okay my goddess, I’m ready.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

They walk home side by side. Hyukjae gripping Donghae’s hands tighter than before. Heart feeling heavy and weary. Tomorrow will be his last day.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

A nod.

 

“Why are you quiet today?”

 

Silence.

 

Donghae stopped in his tracks and took Hyukjae’s face in his hands. “Is there something wrong?” Hyukjae shook his head and broke out a smile.

 

“No, there’s nothing wrong.” Donghae thought his smile didn’t reach his eyes today. But he ignored it, maybe he’s tired.

 

He was so surprised though when he felt a quick but light peck on his cheek. He felt his ears burning at the tip and his face slowly resembling a red color before Hyukjae pulled him close into a hug. “Donghae, it’s nice meeting you. Thank you”

 

 Donghae smiled. “Me too.”

 

“In two days, at Mount Gaejol, up the indigo cliff, you will find the moonlace there.” Hyukjae barely whispered.

 

“What?”

 

“Be there not after by midnight or you will lose the chance.”

 

Donghae was puzzled. What is this about?

But even if the worst may happen, ‘I will wait for you. No matter how long, I’ll wait.’

Hyukjae hugged him tight and pecked his cheek again before walking away. Donghae stood frozen in his place. He was surprised by the kiss and also the words he said.

“See you tomorrow?” He called out but Hyukjae didn’t turn his back again or replied and continued walking away.

Well it’s Hyukjae after all and he never lies. He suppose he could give it a try.

 

~~~~~~

 

Hyukjae never came. It’s been two days since Hyukjae left with his weird behavior. Two days since he last saw him and God does he miss him so much.

 

His grandfather also noticed the sudden drop of Donghae’s mood. He walks along the streets and everywhere it reminded him of Hyukjae.

He’s everywhere and he can’t move on.

 

There’s no one he can talk to now, no one to tell his problems, no one to have fun with, no soft warm hands to hold to …

 

I miss you so much, please come back.

 

Donghae thought if Hyukjae is just like those other people who left him. But he brushed away that thought. He knows he’s not like that. He believes he’s not.

 

It’s his coldest days in Mokpo since day 1, simply because Hyukjae, his warmth is not here anymore.

~~~~~~

 

A panting brunette reached the top and leaned onto a big rock for a while to catch his breath. He had never thought climbing or hiking would be so tiring. Like Hyukjae said, he came to Mount Gaejol in hopes of finding the moonlace. He was torn actually, between finding the moonlace or searching for him. He supposed he can work it out after somehow. He let his eyes roam around the place and awed in wonder. The mountain top is very beautiful. There were colorful wild flowers and plants he couldn’t name everywhere, weird-looking-rocks come in various shapes and sizes.

 

There it was, the flower. Moonlace, as he calls it.

It sat prettily and lonely in the middle, looking bio-luminescent with an indigo-like glow around it. No other flowers or plants grew around it. Donghae cautiously walks over, careful not to stomp any plants.

He slowly picks the dark flower up and inhales, eyes closed. But it smells of nothing but spring. The smell of freshly picked flowers, the smell of honey and wild fruits, the smell of fresh air in the early morningthings that reminded him of spring. It’s nearly intoxicating. 

It’s warm, cozy, fresh, sweet and it smells almost, almost like Hyukjae. Hyukjae with his bright smile, with his ringing laughter, with his soft delicate touches... Hyukjae, Hyukjae, Hyukjae

 

It calms him yet it brings a painful throbbing in his chest. Donghae misses him so much. Where is Hyukjae? Where did he go off to? He stared at the little flower in his hand, clenching his other fist. Donghae made it this far. All his life he wished to go here, hoping to make his wishes come true. He would have immediately wish his old life back and be content and live a normal life after if only he does not feel empty. Would I be happy? If only Hyukkie was here…

 

Donghae closed his eyes, brought the flower close to his chest, letting his heart speak.

“I want happiness. I want my happiness back.” Please, I want him back.

 

Tears flowed, tight gripping and a gasp. I need Hyukjae please, I love him so much.

 

A spark.

 

Donghae opened his eyes and turned his head above. There are three stars that seems abnormally close. Was it Orion? It’s sparkling and twinkling so bright he had to squint his eyes. He didn’t even noticed that the flower in his hand is gone. Suddenly the cliff glowed in various colors that floated between the trees. The Moon glowed brighter, boastful even, of its majestic beauty and looked even larger and closer up than before. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The Moon Festival starts. The place was covered in a strange violet-like hue light and was pulsating towards the middle where the pretty flower sat earlier.

 

The flower!

 

Donghae looked at his hand only to find it gone. Did he drop it? In panic, he searched the grounds but with no avail. He’s tired already. Tired of his failures, his expectations, his life, of people running away from him. He figured this out now. That old stupid tale is ing stupid and he is so stupid to even believe it. He turned around, ready to leave facing the trail when he heard something. A familiar voice.

 

“Donghae!”

 

He stared and saw the glory that is Hyukjae. He saw the familiar eyes, familiar smile, and familiar face only with a mop of black hair decorating his once beautiful golden locks instead. He doesn’t know whether to cry and run to him like a crazy man or stomp angrily to him and hit him for almost leaving him. He chose the latter.

 

“O-ow!” Hyukjae yelped and held his head. “What was that—”

Donghae didn’t let him finish as he crash his lips upon him. The kiss was shy but angry, Donghae letting his frustration out. It turned passionate and deep when Donghae poured out his love. Hyukjae tilt his head a little to give more access and kissed back with the same passion. Donghae pulled him closer by the waist and Hyukjae almost sobbed. It was innocent and sweet and wonderful, just lips against lips, no tongues involved. They were impossibly close, lip-locking, pouring out emotions that needed to be let out. The kiss turned slow and sweet, they part away, out of breath; and Donghae looked at him straight in the eye.

 

“Don’t ever leave me out again. Don’t you dare scare me again.” He kissed his forehead.  Hyukjae stared, eyes glinting and almost to tears and nodded. “I won’t. I promise.”

 

Hyukjae looks amazing and beautiful he couldn’t help but crash him into a tight embrace with a soft oof, burying his nose in his hair and his neck. “God, I miss you so much.” I love you.

 

Hyukjae laughed and hugged him back with the same intensity, with Hyukjae’s cheeks flushed red and swollen lip, he can’t help but pull him into another endearing kiss.

 

~~~~~~

 

They walk, swaying hands tighly clasped, along the trail till the foot of Mount Gaejol. Both are sporting matching goofy smiles, giggles and laughter can be heard every now and then. It’s dark along the way but the Moon is shining so brightly it served as their guide downwards.

 

Hyukjae looked behind him and smiled sadly. Thank you my goddess. Thank you.

Donghae closed his eyes and prayed silently. Thank you for granting my wish.

 

They reached a small empty cabin probably intended for woodcutters and decided to spend the night there. It’s getting late and it’s not safe to walk in the middle of the forest anymore. They could get lost or worse, wild animals may appear.

 

A small bed and bedside table was located inside, a small room is rather fitting than to call it a cabin. They transferred to the bed and lie down, side by side. Donghae’s arms automatically wrapping around the now ravenhead’s shoulder and the latter leaning to to his touch comfortably.

 

“I have a lot of things to tell you.” Hyukjae began and took a deep breath. “My disappearance, your confusion, everything.”

 

Donghae kissed his forehead tenderly, jokingly said. “It might take all night so better start talking now.” He received a glare and a light punch in return. It feels so nice with him in his arms.

 

“Promise me you won’t get weirded out or anything?” Donghae nodded.

 

Hyukjae cleared his throat, and sat up, shifting slightly.

 

“The legend you knew about the moonlace, it’s incomplete.” The brunette tilt his head in confusion and Hyukjae continued. “A hundred years ago, the Moon goddess; Daesoon-nim, decided to help humans in the simplest way she can. She created the flower, moonlace and asked for the Tres to look over the flower. A human must have strong determination and passion to be able to find this flower and make a wish. Only by that, the Moon Goddess will grant it. It is not easy to find because the lunar week of the goddess only happens every ten years. Moonlight Festival may be celebrated annually but the real festival only happens every decade.”

 

“You mean, I was lucky?!” Donghae gapes at him in disbelief. He couldn’t believe it. He was at the right place at the right time. With the right person too.

 

Hyukjae smiled sheepishly. “Or it could be fate. You see the moonlace was very very lonely and curious. He will sit prettily in the peak of the mountain alone forever wishing someone will visit him. So he prayed to the Moon Goddess and asked a favor. The moonlace wanted company and affection, he asked for the Moon Goddess for a vacation.” He chuckled and rest his head upon Donghae’s chest who his hair in return. “A time where he could be whatever he want to be and visit the human land and search for love. The goddess have been kind of course, she gave him 7 days and after those days he will return to the place and wait again for a decade unless his hero will rescue him from his miserable waiting. The moonlace craved company so bad he cries every night to the sky. He’s also tired of waiting and waiting so he decided this year’s Lunar Festival will be the last one he will ever try.”

 

Hyukjae lift his head up and found Donghae’s beautiful eyes. Eyes that he knows are for him only. “But you know what, something amazing happened.” He slowly latched his lips upon Donghae who kissed him back. They share a few seconds before he stopped. “He met someone. That someone made him happy, the happiest he could ever been, that someone made him feel amazing, made him feel he’s not alone anymore.” He pecked Donghae’s lips. “You made him feel he’s loved.”

 

Donghae broke his stupor and flipped their positions, with Hyukjae below him. He attacked his lips feverishly. The ravenhead moaned into the kiss, allowing a passage for Donghae to let his tongue inside. The brunette left his lips in favor of reaching out to his neck and collarbones, kissing. Hyukjae gulped and closed his eyes. “But he have to leave because the 7 days were over. H-he had to return again but this t-time with a heavy heart because he knew, he knew he already found his hero.”

 

He gasps when Donghae a little too hard on a certain spot near his collar. He stopped and looked at Hyukjae below him. Hyukjae with his beautiful smile, Hyukjae with his teary eyes.

 

“Ssssh.” He pecked those plump lips. “I found you now.”

 

They share a more sensual kiss than earlier with Donghae taking off Hyukjae’s clothes and leaving him only with his boxers. “You are so so beautiful, do you know that?”

 

He began to kiss every expanse of skin he see: face, chest, thighs, hands... Hyukjae almost sobbed at how the brunette claims him and holds him like he’s the most precious thing on earth.

 

Donghae discovered a patch of moles in Hyukjae’s body, cluttered away, like stars, like a constellation and took his time , nipping, tracing patterns.

The smooth skin shivers as he makes his way lower and lower. Hyukjae tries his best to muffle his moans but is failing to do so. Last pieces of clothes were thrown on the side and Hyukjae practically quivers as Donghae makes his way through him. On a chilly night, the air suddenly became warmer as time passes by.

 

Lips against lips, tongue against tongue, skin against skin rubbing deliciously creating pleasurable heat between them. Hyukjae moans while Donghae curses. “F-… Aah Hyukjae” He latches his lips against the latter to distract him as his hands went further down asking for silent permission. With a breathy yes, he pushes his two coated fingers to prepare his lover.

 

~~~~~~

 

Their bodies rocked with rhythm as Hyukjae fisted the brunette’s hair, Donghae creating delicious hip rolls as he makes love to the most beautiful person in the planet. The bed moves rapidly, slamming the headboard into the wall harder. Afraid that the bed will break, Donghae stood up, still buried within Hyukjae and take him to the wall.

 

He made shallow s into the tight heat enveloping his manhood, staring into Hyukjae. Hyukjae bit his lip it almost bled as he held to the latter’s shoulders trying to not to shake. His back is rubbing painfully with the wall but the pleasure in his nether regions and his heart swallows the pain making it dull. He wants it faster, Donghae’s slow s isn’t helping him focus anymore. “P-please.. Ah! F-faster.”

 

Donghae hears and complies. He grabbed Hyukjae’s hands and interlaces their fingers, his other hand stabilizing him and pistons his hips a bit faster. He hits that sweet spot and Hyukjae chokes a moan. “Hyukjae… ngh.. I love you so m-much” He goes faster until his sight blacks out and spills into him, he hears Hyukjae chants his name repeatedly as he too, reached his peak. Donghae, Donghae, Hae…

 

Hyukjae was out of breath when he sets him down back on the bed and pulls away. “I love you too, thank you for making my wish come true.” He softly whispers before sleep takes him.

Donghae brushed his black hair out of his eyes, tracing every line and memorizing every corner of his gorgeous face. Didn’t he wished for happiness earlier? His original motive of coming here in the first place is to wish just a sliver of happiness. Meeting Hyukjae was something he never expected. It brought meaning back to his life again. He wished for happiness back in his life and he got it, the moonlace granted his wish. He felt joyously, happy. He settled beside the latter, blanket covering them.

 

So the flower was Hyukjae? The flower that grants wishes also wishes for something too. The flower wishes for something but people wishes to it. Ironic isn’t it? He suppose it’s destiny.

He stared at the majestic moon through the window, maybe the Moon Goddess planned this?

Well whatever it is, the important thing is they are together now. He cuddled closer to Hyukjae and wrapped a protective arm around him. He knows, he understands what Hyukjae has been to. Being alone. He swears upon the gods and goddesses of the world, he will never ever make Hyukjae experience that ever again. He will never feel alone again for his hero is finally here.

Hyukjae said Donghae granted his wish but Donghae thinks it’s the other way around. He kissed his forehead lovingly, lingering for a few seconds before closing his eyes. “No Hyukjae, thank you.”