Mutually Anonymous - #26

EUNHAE BONFIRE FEST 2015 - GRAND REVEAL!

Title: Mutually Anonymous

Name: [Redacted]

Tumblr and/or AFF username: [Redacted]

Prompt #: #26

Theme: Tumblr!AU, Eunhae are famous Tumblr bloggers who are crushing on each other, except they don’t know about it because all they do is confess through anon.

Place: nothing specified

Object/word prompts: Tumblr pick-up lines, cat ears and bunny tail

Action: Donghae accidentally sends a message without turning anon

Specific kinks: Anon chat ?

Things not to be added: no , no angst

Preferences/other notes: preferably crack! fic, but do anything you want!

Prompt given by: [Anonymous]

Word Count: 9549

Rating: NC-17

Author’s/Artist’s Notes: This prompt was perfect because I'm obsessed with Tumblr, but in order to write it correctly, I had to "research" Tumblr and you know how that ends up... *2 hours later* "Oh right, I was writing."

Summary: When two famous bloggers, Hyukjae and Donghae, AKA jewelboy and fish_of_the_sea, have a mutual crush on each other but they're too dumb to realize.


 

Mutually Anonymous

 

Chapter 1:

Tumblr Famous

 

Donghae had a certain reputation on the fandom and infested site named Tumblr. He himself wouldn’t exactly call himself famous since he was a modest young adult, but if you were to ask any other person on Tumblr, they would immediately gasp in recognition and start gushing about his perfection. He was one of the hipster/photography/model type of blogs on there and he boasted almost ten thousand followers, having gained them all by showing his unique photography skills and his own painfully handsome face. Even though his fame quickly rose, he always remained modest and humble, doing all he could to answer any and all messages he received, even some dirty ones. Along with his natural modesty, he also possessed a cute nature that pulled at all of his followers' heartstrings. This cute nature was very clear in his posts and pictures, but the most adorable part of his cuteness was hidden from the eyes of his followers, only being shown when he was looking at a particular blog.

 

With lightly pink cheeks and soft, sparkling eyes, Donghae scrolled down on his computer screen, a dumb little smile playing on his thin lips. He sighed, absolutely lovestruck, as he shifted his position to be a bit more comfortable as he lazily sprawled himself out on his bed on his stomach.

 

He let out a soft giggle when a particular picture caught his attention, his finger automatically stopped scrolling to stare at the picture.

 

This particular picture was of a sharp-featured face pulled into a look of pure happiness, one that included a charming gummy smile that made Donghae swoon. The man in the picture was wearing a fuzzy-hooded coat, the faux fur framing his face perfectly while still allowing some of his dark red hair to poke out. His eyes were glittering childishly and the long fingers of his hands were holding a snowboard tightly against his chest. He looked absolutely excited with snowflakes surrounding him and Donghae could only laugh lightly as his gaze slid down to the caption below the picture with some reluctance.

 

jewelboy: I don't know what I'm doing but as long as I look ing adorable I must be doing it right.

 

"So cute,” Donghae crooned, smiling his signature crooked smile. His legs moved up and down behind him on the bed, the movement letting some of his excitable energy out and into the quiet air of his room.

 

He didn’t want to admit it, but Donghae had a crush on this particular blogger, having had one ever since a few months ago. The man’s name was Hyukjae and just like him, he was a famous blogger who did basically the same things as him, except with the added bonus of posting videos of him dancing. He was very cute, his charming gummy smile immediately having caught Donghae's fancy. His dance skills and photos were also very good, such factors having been some of the main reasons why Donghae felt so attracted to him. He was just extremely skillful and he managed to take some of the best photos of himself and also of the beautiful scenery around him.

 

Naturally, Donghae developed a crush on him, finding himself giggling and sighing blissfully at the mere sight of the man that he had only ever seen on his computer or phone screen. This crush had only grown stronger as days and months passed by, Donghae having to resist the urge to obsessively and very creepily save any of the selfies Hyukjae posted. It was a real struggle considering how he wanted to make those photos his phone's wallpaper forever for the sole purpose of ogling his crush's face all the time. (Not that he didn't already do that...)

 

It was now almost six months since he had developed a crush on Hyukjae and yet there was one thing he had never managed to pluck up the courage to do. Okay, two things.

 

One, confess. (Obviously.)

 

And two... follow him.

 

Yup, Lee Donghae, the famed blogger of Tumblr, could not for the life of him gather the courage to click the little button at the top right corner of the screen. Truthfully, he had tried many times to officially follow Hyukjae and finally stop searching up his name and creeping on his blog for hours on end, but he had never been able to do so for six months.

 

He was the definition of a hopeless case.

 

Maybe today would be different, was a brief thought that crossed his mind, but as his cursor hovered over the little box with the somehow very menacing word follow in it, he chickened out and smacked his laptop closed, pushing the device away from him and curling his legs against his chest as he let out a petrified screech that echoed throughout his room.

 

"Oh god, oh god, no, no, no," he mumbled to himself like he was possessed as he wrapped his muscular arms around his bent legs and rocked back and forth. The posters of indie and pop bands covering his bedroom walls stared at him silently, the many eyes appearing almost pitying.



 

A few days later, Donghae waltzed into his apartment, stumbling over his own feet at three o'clock in the morning. He was clearly drunk, his deep brown eyes hazy and a bit unfocused as he squinted in a pathetic effort to be able to make out whether or not a table was in front of him.

 

There was, but since his depth perception was a bit skewed due to his overzealous alcohol intake, he very unceremoniously tripped over one of the table legs and landed with his face against the table's cold surface.

 

"Oww," Donghae slurred, whining like a little kid as he struggled to push himself back up into a standing position and away from the table. He grunted as he stumbled back unsteadily, his sock-clad feet quickly trying to land flat on the sleek floor. Once he was able to shakily balance himself, (only being able to by spreading his arms out at his sides and bending his knees a bit, successfully looking like a fool) he determinedly waddled towards his bedroom, his hands shamelessly pulling his shirt off of himself and throwing the article of clothing carelessly on the floor as he went. "Too hot," he grumbled to himself, his tongue slurring the words and making him sound like the champion drunkard he was. His hands soon dropped to his pants, his fingers clumsily fumbling with the button and zipper. He growled angrily at his pants as he continued walking, his shoulder lightly bumping against the doorframe of his room.

 

Finally reaching his bedroom and managing to his pants, he lazily shimmied out of the tight trousers, only now regretting his choice of attire. Granted, the pants made his look amazing, but he didn't care about that while he was drunk.

 

He struggled so much with the evil article of clothing clinging to his fleshy thighs that he ended up flopping onto his stomach on his bed, landing with a slight bounce and a grunt. He continued on his adventure with his pants, his brain in too much of a drunken haze to realize that all he had to do was pull the end of his pants off from around his ankles. It took him at least five minutes to successfully pull the wretched skinny jeans off of his legs and chuck the crumpled bundle of clothing into a corner of his room, burying his face in his covers once he was done. Those pants had been too much of a process for his poor little drunken self, and now all he could do was breathe deeply in an effort to calm himself down.

 

A sudden muffled vibration sounded through the room, interrupting Donghae's erratic breathing that had been the only sound so far. He recognized the sound as being the Tumblr notification sound from his phone, and since he was too tired to go find the small device, he simply reached out and patted along the surface of his bed, trying to find his laptop.

 

He grumbled incomprehensible words of resentment towards the size of his king-sized bed, letting out a content garble when his fingers skimmed the sleek surface of his laptop. He pulled the device close to him before he shakily pushed himself to sit up on the bed, setting the computer in front of his once he was comfortable.

 

Even while drunk, his body recognized the familiar process of opening Tumblr up and checking his notifications. He barely registered the thousands upon thousands of reblogs and likes of his posts, simply blinking groggily at the unnecessarily bright computer screen. He squinted in an effort to make out the words, but to no avail. Being unable to take in the information being provided to him, he instead let his body take the lead, his fingers dancing across the keyboard as he typed in the familiar username that he knew so well in the search bar.

 

The heading You Sparkle Like A Jewel immediately graced his hazy sight, a dumb, drunken grin splitting his thin lips in an instant.

 

"Hyukkie," he crooned drunkenly, giggling like a hyper toddler as he dumbly his screen when he somehow managed to scroll down and find a picture of Hyukjae's gummy smiling face. He puckered his lips and blew a kiss at the photo, the action soon followed by another giggle.

 

Hyukjae was smiling handsomely in the picture, his long fingers holding up a fluffy pomeranian with bulging eyes. The dog, named Choco, seemed to be staring the camera down, her hard, unwavering gaze completely different from her owner's soft, content one.

 

jewelboy: With the bae who stILL DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO LOOK THE LEAST BIT HAPPY WHEN HAVING HER PICTURE TAKEN.

 

Donghae laughed loudly enough to have his voice echo throughout his quiet room, though not completely having understood why since his boozed-up brain only understand half of the words written.

 

With a content garble that could rival a newborn baby's giggle, he mindlessly slid his cursor up to the right hand corner of the screen, the small arrow hovering over the button with the word follow in it.

 

Suddenly, the room spun in front of him, his eyebrows furrowing in slight confusion before his features relaxed as his world went black; the alcohol and exhaustion having become too much, causing him to fall back onto his bed like a limp ragdoll.

 

... but not before he had clicked the button that had been taunting him for six months.


 

The next morning, Donghae woke up shivering and with his head throbbing uncontrollably from a hangover; the sun seeping in through his bedroom window not helping his situation at all. He moaned deeply in pain, his eyes screwing shut as his hands weakly moved up to cover his face in a weak attempt to block out the sun that was making him see white. He growled like a pissed off dog, the sounds of protest being cut short when his head throbbed painfully.

 

With a lot of weak body movements and whines of pain, he rolled out of bed and headed towards the bathroom, refreshing himself with a warm shower. Once he was clean, his head began to feel a little better, so once he had a comfortable shirt and sweatpants on, he went and took some advil just to prevent any other dull aches he would inevitably have to tolerate.

 

Refreshed and mildly awake now, he dropped onto his bed and got comfortable with his back leaning against the headboard. His hands naturally dragged his laptop towards him, his fingers happily lifting the screen up before they tapped away at the keyboard. It was almost unnaturally quick how he opened up Tumblr, the notification screen being the first thing he checked.

 

He grinned crookedly at the various comments about how cute or attractive he was in a few photos he had posted before, the pad of his finger sliding against the mouse to scroll down the thousands of likes and reblogs that he had grown accustomed to but still appreciated greatly.

 

He was steadily scrolling down, happy as can be and successfully ignoring the subtle throbbing in his temples, before he abruptly stopped. His eyes widened and his finger froze mid-scroll, his thin lips falling into a bewildered gape.

 

jewelboy started following you.

 

Donghae let out a loud, banshee like scream of terror mixed with confused excitement, his hands naturally flailing in panic and causing his laptop to fumble out of his hands and onto his bed. He jumped up in excitement, only to fall onto his on his bedroom’s hardwood floor. Though the wood hurt him, he was too drugged up on happiness mixed with confusion to even process the pain.

 

“Hyukjae is following me! Lee-ing-Hyukjae is following me!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, the palms of his hands pounding against the floor as if he was trying to smack the information into the very wood.

 

He quickly scrambled up so he was kneeling beside his bed with his arms supported by the mattress, a huge smile on his face as he pulled his laptop close to him once again. This was the best excuse to finally follow Hyukjae back, since the other had (supposedly) made the first move. He was about to press the little plus sign beside the notification indicating he would follow Hyukjae back, only to find that it was replaced with the word following.

 

I… I’m already following him? He asked himself, blinking in shock at the information. When had he done that? He had no recollection of following him in all of six mo-

 

“Oh ,” he whispered, realization of what his drunk self had done setting in and showing clearly on his face. He struggled to figure out which emotion he should feel, dread and excitement battling it out in his head. He didn’t know whether his drunk following Hyukjae was a good thing or not just yet, and his brain was working too slowly for his liking on making the final decision.

 

On one hand, he had finally mustered up the courage to follow his six month long crush and his actions had caused Hyukjae to follow him back. On the other hand…

 

Wait, how was there a downside to this?

 

“Lee Hyukjae is following me,” Donghae breathed out quietly, his head nodding a bit as if he was trying his best to accept the information as truth. “Lee Hyukjae, my crush, is my mutual.”

 

He had never thanked the effects of alcohol so much before in his his entire twenty six years of life.

 

**************

Chapter 2:

Tumbling Down

 

Donghae giggled quietly at his computer screen later that day, occasional squeals escaping him as he scrolled down Hyukjae’s blog. He made sure to not like every picture, but he liked quite a few of them in an effort to make his presence known. When he reached a picture of Hyukjae holding his dog Choco up into the air like Simba in the Lion King, a sudden pinging noise startled him. He smiled happily when he saw a red box with a “1” in it next to the mail symbol and promptly opened another tab, opening Tumblr again and clicking the inbox. Once his inbox was open and the page had loaded, he blinked in surprise at the anonymous message.

 

Anonymous asked: So, would you prefer being taken in missionary position or having your face pushed into the mattress as I plow into your ?

 

Donghae blushed furiously at the message, his mind instantly imagining Hyukjae as the person wanting to him. He squeaked at the mental image, shaking his head quickly. He debated answering the message, a sigh escaping him when he deducted that if he didn’t answer now, the person would send another message that could possibly be even worse. Also, he was known as someone that answered all questions, anonymous or normal, and he didn’t want to give off a scared image.

 

Answering it honestly would be best.

 

After one more second of internal debate, he finally clicked the reply button underneath the message and started to compose his response, his cheeks still red.

 

Fish_of_the_sea replied: Hi, lil anon! J I suppose you want an honest answer, huh? Well, I guess I’d like the latter option cause I really like being dominated. Course, since I’m bi, I also like dominating a bit, but I prefer being the dominated one. It’s way more fun.

 

When he finished writing out the response, he added in the famous gif of the three angelic women singing, the caption this boy is a bottom flashing underneath them. He giggled at the sight and posted it, grinning when there were a few immediate likes and reblogs from some of his most loyal followers.

 

 

With that done, he decided to plan out a way of catching Hyukjae’s attention now that they were mutually following each other. As he pondered over how to pull his attention towards him, his eyes fell on his computer screen which showed his dashboard, and a smile slowly formed on his thin lips.

“Perfect!” He exclaimed excitedly, immediately launching at his laptop like a starved animal. He typed quickly, his fingers flying across the keyboard and mouse, the screen showing Hyukjae’s blg then his ask box. “Ask away, little gem.” Was the tagline above the empty message box, Donghae smiling goofily at it, his hands pausing on the keyboard for a second before he quickly composed his message, not giving himself the opportunity to back out.

 

Quick question. Do you have some weird that not many people know about?

 

Clicking the anonymous button underneath the finished question, he sent it, feeling jittery and excited at the risky chance he just took. Sure, he was still masked behind the anonymity of the message, but knowing it was he who sent the risky question made him feel rebellious.

 

Now all that was left was for him to wait and see if Hyukjae would answer. He, just like him, had a good track record with answering questions sent to him, so he really hoped that his question wouldn’t be an exception.

 

Playing around on some of his other social media while he impatiently waited for a reply helped the time pass by a little easier, though he would not deny that he returned to his Tumblr tab every few seconds to refresh his dashboard and scroll down a bit to check if Hyukjae had answered. He kept fidgeting on his bed, sudden small waves of regret hitting him every few seconds or so. Being the anxious over-thinker he was, unnecessarily thought provoking ideas kept popping into his head, making his stress levels increase astronomically.

 

, what if he thought the ask was creepy and not worth answering?

 

He clicked the refresh button.

 

Oh my god, maybe he figured out it was me.

 

He clicked the refresh button again.

 

Did I remember to click the anonymous message button properly?!

 

Again.

 

He’s not answering, I know he isn’t. If I got an ask like that, I would ignore it too. Wait, no, I can’t say that. I literally just answered an ask like that a few minutes ago.

 

Click.

 

How long has it been since I sent it? Five minutes?! , that’s a long time! He’s not answering!

 

Click. Click. Clickclickclickclick.

 

There’s no answer so why do I keep clicking refresh? There’s nothing the-

 

His eyes widened when the moment the page had refreshed and his dashboard appeared in front of him once again, the first thing he saw was the username jewelboy accompanied by the icon of a charming gummy smiling face next to it. Next was the recognizable question he had sent in beside a spherical face with sunglasses on. Instantly, he sat up straighter on his bed as he began to read the response.

 

Jewelboy replied: What a strange question, anonnie. I would avoid answering this question, but that’s against my rule to always answer asks sent to me, anon or otherwise. So, here we go.

Some weird I have is actually really embarrassing and probably really image-ruining, but uh…

Animal ears. Literally any animal ears are a huge turn on for me, but I seem to prefer cat ears for some reason. If I see someone wearing animal ears (cat ears especially) just- no. I’ll just be here dying internally with a . Like… Jesus Christ. I’m saying the lawd’s name in vain, but it is NECESSARY.

Jesus.

ing.

Christ.

CAT EARS.

Dammit, do you see what you did, anonnie! You made me go all dumb over cat ears! Now I’m thinking about cat ears and I just- DAMN YOU.

 

Following that shockingly hilarious answer to the question was a gif of a cartoon character flipping a table and mutely screeching. Donghae could only snort and giggle uncontrollably over the answer, his nose scrunching up cutely and his eyes squeezing closed as he laughed. He had never laughed so hard before in his life, especially over an answer to such a dirty question.

 

 

After having his fill of laughter over Hyukjae’s charming style of answering asks, he liked it and let the information sink in as he watched the red heart float up before disappearing. A few huffed laughs kept escaping him, but the knowledge of Hyukjae’s weird had set in fully.

 

Well… time to go buy cat ears. He thought before a loud snort escaped him, prompting him to bury his face in a pillow as another fit of laughter hit him.


 

The next day around ten in the morning, Donghae was excitedly setting up his camera on his tripod, his body jittering at the mere thought of what he was about to do. He was used to doing his own amateur photoshoots with his trusty camera, but had never done a photoshoot with a real purpose to it. They were usually done when he was feeling like his outfit had come together perfectly, or his confidence was at an unusual high, prompting him to take some occasional shirtless pictures. It was new for him to have an actual purpose behind a photoshoot so it was making him nervous yet giddy.

 

What’s the purpose, you may ask? Well, to get Hyukjae to like him, of course. (More like lust after him, but that’s the same thing in Donghae’s mind right now.)

 

“Okay, camera. Check. Bed. Check,” he looked at his well made bed, his pillows strewn precariously on the fluffy, white surface. His hands quickly lifted to his head and traced the soft material of the cat ears he had purchased yesterday, which were attached to his head by means of a translucent hairband that didn’t show up at all in his hair. “Cat ears. Check.” A content smile appeared on his thin, slightly glossy lips as he pet the ears mindlessly.

 

Making sure his camera was placed correctly on the tripod, he walked over to his bed, letting the ed shirt he was wearing slip off his muscular arms and drop to the floor, his foot kicking it out of the camera’s view. He carefully crawled onto his bed, one of his hands snatching the small remote that controlled the camera that he had thrown onto his bed earlier. Lazily, he lied down amongst his pillows, stretching out like the cat his faux ears turned him into. His back arched beautifully and his face scrunched cutely just as his —which he had somehow stuffed into skintight boxers—poked out behind him, his knees bent and his thighs tensing. His finger firmly pressed against the button on his remote before he dropped it onto the bed carelessly, hiding it from the shot that soon followed, accompanied with a bright flash and click.

 

Once the click of the camera had sounded, he relaxed his body, dropping down onto the bed. He groaned in pain, not having expected the pose to have taken so much effort as it did.

 

“Beauty is pain, Donghae. Beauty is pain,” he muttered to himself as he moved into another sensual pose, the many eyes on his posters staring down at him.

 

Another flash was accompanied by a click and a pained grunt.


 

“Holy ,” Lee Hyukjae whispered to himself as he stared at his computer screen, his finger very slowly pressing down on the down arrow on his keyboard so he could see the three other pictures following the first one. The username, fish_of_the_sea, displayed clearly at the top of the photoset. “Lee Donghae… you will be the death of me.” He whispered into the silent air of his room, staring at the cat ears gracing his Tumblr crush’s pretty head which were accompanied by sultry looks from dark chocolate eyes.

 

He squirmed on his bed, his nether regions twitching at the sight alone.

 

“Cat ears… ing cat ears.”

 

**************

Chapter 3:

Anonymity is a Virtue

 

Anonymous asked: You into stuff?

 

jewelboy replied: If I’m the one doing the stuff to the person with the , hell yeah. Y’all know I’m bi.

If you didn’t know, HI, I’M HYUKJAE AND I’M BIUAL AF. I LIKE TIDDIES AND BUTTS ON THE LADIES AND ABS AND BUTTS ON THE GUYS. Really, the booty is usually what catches my eye. Booty booty booty booty.

DO HE/SHE GOT THE BOOTY? HE/SHE DOOOOO.

(If you haven’t noticed yet, I’m hyper and in a lonely mood right now.)

 

Hyukjae drooled onto his keyboard when Donghae posted one of his famous Outfit of the Day photos, the curve of his showing proudly in the full length mirror he was taking a picture of himself in with his camera. Oh, how he wanted to that .

 

Anonymous asked: What es or turn ons do you have?

 

fish_of_the_sea replied: Uh… wow, another weird question, huh? I’m guessing this is the same person as last time, so hi, lil guy! (Assuming you’re a dude from your last message)

es for me would be pretty hands and strong backs for guys. Soft waists and loosely tied ponytails for ladies.

Turn ons… if you mean like little things that , then for guys: pushing me against a wall, biting his lips, whispering into my left ear. For girls: straddling me, pushing her hair behind her ear, pushing her face into my neck.

Instant with each and every one of them. Fight me.

 

Donghae squawked loudly when Hyukjae posted a selfie with his y fingers lightly feathering against his plump lips, the bottom row of which were being bitten by his straight, white teeth. He swooned dramatically, unable to contain all the feels the picture prompted from him, especially since Hyukjae’s face was barely being shown in the picture, his eyes being cut off by the angle. It added a sense of mystery and seductiveness that he could barely handle.

 

Anonymous asked: Hypothetically speaking, if I were a guy with a nice and you were attracted to me, what would you do to get me?

 

jewelboy replied: I would immediately praise your and bow down to the infinite power of zee booteh. Then, I would ask you out on a date because I’m classy and believe all my baes should get at least some coffee before I plow into their . I’m a gentleman.

 

Anonymous asked: Perfect date?

 

fish_of_the_sea replied: *girlish giggle* “That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.”

Yes, I did just quote Miss Congeniality. LOVE ME AND MY ATTEMPT AT HUMOR.

 

Anonymous asked: PERFECT DATE AS IN DATE DATE, YOU ADORABLE LITTLE CREATURE.

 

fish_of_the_sea replied: Okay, okay, fine! (Thank you for calling me adorable by the way. That’s my favorite compliment.) A perfect date for me would be meeting at a park and just playing on the swing set or the monkey bars. I’m a ing child, my god. Anyways, if I’m with a guy, it’d be the absolute perfect date if he catches me on the monkey bars, stands in front of me, and kisses me gently on the lips while I hang from the bars. For a girl, an absolute perfect date would be if we’re playing on the swing sets and I stop the swing just so I can kiss her.

 

Anonymous asked: You have such y lips. I wonder how they’d look wrapped around my .

 

jewelboy replied: Stretched. They would look stretched. CAUSE YOU’RE SO DAMN BIG. OOOOOOH. I’m a smooth motherer.

 

Donghae laughed at every single response Hyukjae gave to his anonymous messages that he sent throughout the span of two weeks, his crush on the man only getting more and more intense as he got to know him more through the (technically one-sided) messages. He was starting to have an even bigger impression on him, the thought of his replies and his handsome face running through his mind as he worked and went out with his friends in an effort to still maintain some decent social skills.

 

He could feel himself growing accustomed to not having Hyukjae know who he was in the messages, and other than a few posts they reblogged from each other or nonchalantly liked, their relationship had not grown into anything too impressive. He yearned for something more than playful, anonymous messages that were followed by ridiculous yet somehow honest replies. He wanted to meet Hyukjae in person and confess to him properly. The thought kept crossing his mind, various scenarios constantly playing out in his head, most ending up with painful failures and scarring rejection. He kept trying to push the thoughts away; even now he was trying to do so as he attempted to focus on the anonymous message he was composing to send to Hyukjae.

 

As he was finishing up the question, a sudden very vivid image of Hyukjae’s disgusted face appeared in his head, making him whine and bury his face in his pillow as he mindlessly clicked send before he regretted it.

 

He calmed himself down slowly by keeping his head in his fluffy pillow and forcing himself to think happy thoughts.

 

Happy thoughts… unicorns… puppies… kitte-

 

Donghae suddenly sat up straight on his bed, his eyes wide and full of panic. His hands fumbled with his computer, his fingers desperately hitting the keyboard in a weak attempt at bringing back the question he just sent to Hyukjae. “I never clicked the anonymous button! I never clicked it! Oh my god, no, no, no, no, no, no!” He screamed at his computer like a maniac, sudden tears spilling out of his brown eyes. “No! No, no, no! This can’t be happening! No!” He sobbed desperately, tears marring his face. He trembled strongly in his spot, trying his best to calm down the best he could, but without avail.

 

In one more desperate attempt at bringing the message back, he clicked refresh, his tear-filled eyes widening when he saw a red “one” next to his inbox symbol. Preparing himself for the ridicule he was expecting, he clicked the little mail box. He kept sniffing quietly as the page loaded, his teeth gnawing on his lips when he saw, through his tears, the message he had composed above a response from none other than Hyukjae. He had to blink quickly to focus his eyes to be able to see through the tears, squinting slightly to read the response he wasn’t prepared for.

 

fish_of_the_sea asked: If I were to ask you out… would you say yes?

 

jewelboy replied: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Oh my god, yes. Totally yes. You’re completely my type and I’ve had a crush on you for months now! Like, literally months. PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN’T A JOKE BECAUSE I WILL BE COMPLETELY HEARTBROKEN IF IT IS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. PLEAAAAAAAAAASE.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened as he read Hyukjae’s response, having to read it over and over again to be able to take in the information. He gaped at the screen of his laptop, his brain going into overdrive once the knowledge had set in.

 

Hyukjae liked him too. Hyukjae… liked him… holy . With brute force he didn’t know he possessed, Donghae threw the pillow he was suffocating in his hold against a wall and released a loud war cry that could rival any Spartan’s.

 

“Hyukjae likes me too! Hyukjae ing likes me! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, what do I do?” He let out a loud squeal and hopped around his room, unable to control his excitement. He flailed and bounced around, the floor thumping underneath his feet. “What should I say? I don’t know what to do! Oh god, he likes me!” He let out a loud fanboy scream as he jumped onto his bed, his hands scrambling to bring his laptop near him again. He read Hyukjae’s response once again to memorize every word before he composed another non-anonymous message to him so he could reply privately.

 

fish_of_the_sea asked: Really?! ASDFGHJKL I’ve had a crush on you for months too! Why would I joke about this, geez. Um… if you don’t mind me asking, can I have your number? I really want to meet you in person… and maybe ask you out in person instead of like a creepy fanboy?

 

The answer was almost immediate and it prompted another surprised squawk from him. He quickly opened the message and read it with a dumb grin on his face.

 

jewelboy replied: Here’s my number and here’s the address of the (very public in case you think I’m a murderer or something) coffee shop I want to meet you at. Is six tonight fine with you? I know I sound so pushy and creepy but jesus ing christ I want to meet you so badly. Please?

 

Donghae blushed like an idiot, his hands quickly going up to palm his pink cheeks.

 

This was too good to be true!

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae jumped onto his bed excitedly when he saw the red “1” hovering above the mailbox symbol at the top of his dashboard. He had been pacing around his room impatiently in a weak attempt to distract himself from thinking about how creepy he was being, his brain trying to focus on counting his steps rather than imagining Donghae’s reaction. Finally, right as he was beginning to feel himself losing his mind, the majestic red “1” appeared like a gust of wind blowing away all of his dilemmas.

 

Trembling like an excited Chihuahua, he opened his inbox and read the question that was at the very top of the page, his almond orbs moving quickly side to side under his single-lidded eyelids.

fish_of_the_sea replied: Six. Tonight? You really work fast, don’t ya? ^^ I like guys who don’t beat around the bush. Six it is then. I’ll text you when I reach the café! See you later!

Hyukjae screamed at the top of his lungs when he had successfully processed the information, his feet clumsily stumbling over each other as he threw himself off his bed, making him fall onto the floor with a clatter. He giggled like air head into the floor, squirming in excitement.

A sudden violent banging on the wall behind his bed cut his giggling short.

“Hyukjae, I swear to god if you don’t shut up right now, I will smack you with my laptop!” A deep, sleep-laced voice shouted through the wall followed by another rough bang of the wood.

Hyukjae rolled his eyes as he sat up on the ground, his fingers running through his ruffled black hair. “Sorry, Kyuhyun! Go back to sleep!” He shouted back, crawling back onto his bed as more grumbling could be heard through the wall from the other room of the apartment.

“ing , waking me up this early in the morning.”

“Kyu… it’s past noon already,” Hyukjae replied in a quieter voice, staring at the wall incredulously as if his roommate was there in the room with him. Granted, the thin walls of their shared apartment did make it feel like that sometimes.

“Shut the up, ape.”

Hyukjae scoffed in offense and threw a book at his wall, smirking in pride when he heard a loud yelp from the adjacent room.

“Serves you right, little .” He scoffed quietly to himself, smiling goofily at the screen of his laptop as he read Donghae’s message over and over, being able to practically hear how cute the man was.

A sudden slam of a door startled him out of his lovestruck reverie, his almond orbs whipping to the door of his bedroom, his fuming roommate standing at the opened door with his laptop in his hands. The angry man’s hair was in a disarray on the top of his head, the chestnut locks sticking up in an unorganized mess.

“Kyu…” Hyukjae mumbled in fear, seeing the younger’s man’s chest heaving like an angered bull, his deep eyes staring straight at him and containing so much anger.

“Who’s a “little ”?” Kyuhyun questioned in a husky, threatening tone, his feet slowly leading him towards Hyukjae who visibly began to cower on the surface of his bed.

“Wait, wait, I didn’t mean it. Kyuhyun, come on, we’re friends!” Hyukjae tried to reason with him with nervous laughter lacing his words. He let out a loud yelp when the younger swung his laptop at him, aiming to kill.

“Come here and take it like a man!”

“I don’t ing want to!”

“Coward!”

“It’s not cowardice when you’re trying to kill me!”

 

 

A few hours later, Donghae was finally ready to meet Hyukjae at their agreed meeting point. He had donned his favorite tight ripped skinny jeans, which were famous on his blog for the way they hugged his , along with a simple light blue shirt that hugged his pecs, but was a bit loose around his stomach. He felt comfortable and confident, even having gone so far as to put on a minimal amount of makeup so as to enhance his masculine features and his eyes. Feeling physically and mentally ready to face his crush of so long, he left his apartment and started driving the few miles to the coffee shop.

As he drove, he silently thanked the divine powers above for the fact that he and Hyukjae lived in the same city. It was usual for Tumblr bloggers to be spread out throughout the world and interacting naturally through the site, but having a blogger that was so physically close without having met them in person before (probably mostly due to Donghae’s hesitance to leave his room and his laptop without a good reason) was a blessing.

After a few minutes of driving, he successfully reached the café and parked his—fairly ty—car by the curb. Once the ignition was off and all he had to do was step out of his car and finally meet his crush face to face, he hesitated. His fingers tapped against the steering wheel as his teeth gnawed his bottom lip nervously.

What if Hyukjae rethought his feelings when he met him? Meeting online and meeting in real life were two completely different things, after all. He was more open online since Tumblr was a more anonymous setting than reality. Maybe the subtle differences in his personality would be a turn off to Hyukjae.

Donghae tapped his palms against the steering wheel in a nervous tick, his feet shuffling lightly. If Hyukjae ended up rethinking his feelings for him, he would inevitably feel completely crushed.

“So that’s why they call it a “crush”…” he muttered to himself with a sigh, dropping his head forward and bumping it against the steering wheel. The pressure managed to set off the car’s horn and he jumped in his seat, the scare being enough to force him out of his car and into the café hurriedly in fear of further embarrassment.

 

 

I’m here! Donghae sent a quick text to Hyukjae with shaky fingers as he walked into the café, his eyes nervously scanning the warmly colored room that he had only seen a few times before. He was about to go up to the counter where the barista was waiting for him with a kind smile on her lips, when a sudden call of his name made him jump. He looked around in confusion and blinked when he saw a familiar face and a hand waving cheerily at him.

“Donghae, hi!” Hyukjae greeted, smiling and standing from his chair near the window as the other tottered over to him. Donghae was entranced by the way Hyukjae’s gums looked when he smiled in person and he didn’t notice the way Hyukjae’s eyes skimmed over his figure.

“Hi, Hyukjae. It’s nice to finally meet you,” he greeted in a quiet, stunned voice. The man was so perfect in person, not only in pictures. How did he even do that? Normally people looked different when they had no editing done and were seen by the eye, but Hyukjae managed to actually look better in person. “You dyed your hair…” he breathed in a daze, pulling his gaze from Hyukjae’s handsome smile and up to his pitch black hair. His thin lips parted into a gape and he visibly swooned, a dumb smile quickly replacing his gape as his eyes drooped slightly.

Hyukjae laughed lightly and smiled charmingly, his cheeks flushing. Donghae could only smile like an idiot, completely smitten with how cute yet handsome Hyukjae was. The man would be the end of him, honestly.

“Yeah, I felt like the brown was getting old. Does it look okay? I was aiming for a more mature look,” Hyukjae said, shyly running his fingers through his smoothly swooping hair, the movement making Donghae’s eyes flick up to his hands. He swallowed nervously, staring at the long fingers on the other’s hands. No wonder he had a hand .

“It looks great. Very y,” He blurted out, his eyes widening when he realized that his brain had mixed up his speech and his thoughts. “I-I mean mature! Mature!” He blushed furiously, even his ears going red in embarrassment.

Hyukjae stared at him silently for a few seconds before his face broke out into a wide smile that made Donghae weak-kneed. As he smiled, he reached out and gently Donghae’s hair, making the man jump slightly and blink up at him like a lost puppy. He blushed even more, his upper row of teeth lightly gnawing on his bottom lip. “I knew it,” Hyukjae breathed, over a particular spot on Donghae’s scalp that made him keen slightly. The confused and blushing man looked up at him, (only a few inches up, okay?) tilting his head inquiringly. “You’re even cuter in person.” Hyukjae explained, grinning when Donghae’s face literally steamed as he looked down at the ground, his feet shifting awkwardly.

“You’re even more handsome in person,” Donghae mumbled in return, unable to stop himself from smiling when Hyukjae grinned.

“Why thank you,” Hyukjae crooned, making the other laugh softly. “May I buy you a coffee?” He asked like the gentleman he was, earning himself an excited nod and the name of the coffee Donghae preferred. He sauntered over to the counter to order drinks for the both of them, leaving Donghae standing by the table he had been sitting at originally. The brunet gingerly sat down in one of the seats, his eyes constantly glancing over at Hyukjae as he stood in line.

Unfortunately for his poor little heart, Hyukjae was looking at him with a soft gaze and a small smile on his plump lips as he waited to order, his gaze steady. Every time he would glance over at him, he would smile a little wider, his gums peeking out and sending an arrow straight through Donghae’s heart.

“I’m so screwed,” Donghae whined softly to himself, blushing when Hyukjae smiled widely, his dark eyes sparkling beautifully in the light.

 

**************

Chapter 4:

Direct Messages

“So, you have a crush on me, huh?” Hyukjae asked in a teasing voice, prompting an embarrassed garble from the man sitting across from him, pink cheeks soon accompanying the sound.

“What of it?” Donghae grunted, looking away from the handsome man when he smiled and his heart leaped.

“Nothing, I just wanted to confirm it,” Hyukjae crooned, leaning his chin on his hands and placing his elbows on the table on either side of his steaming cup of hot chocolate. “After all, I would be really sad to know that my crush wasn’t being entirely truthful with me when he said he “liked me for months too”.” He drawled, lifting an eyebrow pointedly, trying to draw out the words from Donghae’s thin lips.

With a small huff and adorably pink cheeks that made Hyukjae’s lips curve upwards slightly, Donghae whispered in a tiny voice, “Yes… I have a crush on you,” he pouted and looked out the window as his eyebrows furrowed, childishly sulking, “Happy now?”

The latter snorted softly before letting out a laugh, sitting back in his chair in satisfaction. “Very happy.” He watched Donghae sulk and blush with a content smile on his face, unable to stop the tremendous thumping in his chest from when those words left Donghae’s lips. “Hey,” he called, having to bite his lip to stop the idiotic smile threatening to bloom on his face when Donghae turned to him, his doe eyes blinking curiously, a light dusting of pink still on his mildly tanned cheeks. “Will you go out with me?”

Donghae’s eyes widened and his breathing caught in his chest, prompting him to cough and hack in the most unattractive manner known to man. Hyukjae hurriedly went to get a cup of water for him with one of the sample cups scattered around the café, handing it to him as he crouched down beside the choking man, his almond orbs filled with worry.

“Are you okay?” He asked once Donghae had desperately downed the small cup of water and hit his chest hard enough to reactivate his traitorous lungs. He panted in his seat and nodded in response, his face red partly due to his choking and partly due to his embarrassment. “Was it because of what I asked?” He heard Hyukjae ask in a scared voice, making him whip his head towards him and stare at the sparkly almond orbs staring at him, full of guilt.

Unable to reconnect the severed line between his mouth and his brain when with his crush, Donghae blurted out his answer before he could stop himself, “Yes!” Hyukjae’s attractive lips pulled into a pout and Donghae quickly realized how that must have sounded to the other. “Wait, no, it’s not because I don’t want to! I-I mean…” he huffed loudly, making Hyukjae’s briefly happy face drop again. “It’s just…” he blushed and forced himself to stare at Hyukjae, maintaining the eye contact he had failed to maintain during the last few minutes he and the other had been together. His next words made Hyukjae’s face split into the biggest smile he had ever seen, and he was overjoyed that he decided to look straight at him to catch the whole thing.

“I was supposed to be the one to ask you, idiot.”

 

 

The two soon left the café, their hands intertwined as they laughed and talked to each other, both finding any excuse to move closer to the other or give the other a dazzling smile. They had their awkward moments occasionally since they were still getting to know each other outside of Tumblr, but they always managed to continue the conversations.

Wondrously enough, both of them weren’t too different from the images they had created on the website so it was easier than they thought to get comfortable and close to each other as they talked. Soon enough, they were practically glued to each other, whispering how much they liked each other and acting like a middle school couple; constantly flirting and sneaking small kisses on the other’s cheek.

Their linked hands swinging gently between them, they wandered into a costume store, both having been attracted by an iron man costume put on display in the window. Once they walked into the well-lit store, Donghae’s hand slipped from Hyukjae’s and he wandered off, his eyes set on something. Hyukjae curiously followed him, wondering if he would possibly find out something new about his new boyfriend.

“Hyukjae,” Donghae called from behind a rack of costumes, his hand popping out from behind it and waving Hyukjae over excitedly. He grinned and walked into view, Hyukjae immediately stopping in his tracks once he saw the black cat ears on his head. “Do you like them?” Donghae asked, twisting his torso cutely with his hands behind his back.

Come on, Hyukjae, I know these are your weakness. Jump me! He thought, hiding an evil smirk behind an innocent smile and sparkling eyes. His gaze briefly dropped down to Hyukjae’s lower body, his teeth poking out from inside his mouth and biting down on his lower lip when he saw a prominent bulge in the other man’s pants. Jackpot.

When Hyukjae only stood still in his spot with his eyes wide and his pants tightening, Donghae decided to make another move. He slinked over to his boyfriend and grinned at him, his hands moving up to form fists under his chin. He pouted and let out an adorable meow, giggling when Hyukjae visibly twitched.

“Kitty wants to play…” he whispered, staring at the man with determination in his eyes. “Now.” he whispered demandingly, leaning against Hyukjae’s chest to make his point.

That was where Hyukjae finally snapped and pushed him up against a wall, prompting a soft squeal from him that was quickly silenced once Hyukjae desperately pushed his lips against his. Donghae moaned happily and wrapped his arms around his neck, pushing back against him welcomingly when the , black-haired man pushed his against his growing one.

Donghae rubbed himself against his boyfriend’s heated body, his lips hungrily on the other’s plump ones as his hands grasped at his nape. He was about to jump up to wrap his legs around Hyukjae’s waist when an awkward cough interrupted their tension-filled moment, both men jumping away from each other, their lips disconnecting with a loud smack. Frazzled, they hurriedly grabbed some accessories and made a show of inspecting them as a blushing employee blinked at them.

“Can I… help you sirs with anything?” She asked in a slightly high pitched voice, realizing she walked into a terrible situation while on her way to the break room.

“No, no, we’re fine,” Hyukjae replied, coughing as he hurriedly whacked the cat ears off of Donghae’s head and viciously threw them into the box the other had pulled them from. Before anyone else could say anything and make the situation even more awkward, he grabbed Donghae’s hand and dragged him out of the store, both of them sporting red faces and awkward boners.

 

 

As they walked towards Donghae’s apartment (he had suggested it in hopes of… continuing.) from the garage down the road where they had left both their cars, the shorter of the two squeezed Hyukjae’s hand, a dumb smile forming on his lips. Hyukjae curiously looked back at him, tilting his head slightly as he wondered what could be passing through his cute lover’s head.

“Whatcha thinkin about?” He asked, playfully bumping Donghae’s shoulder with his own before asking, “Wait, don’t tell me, you were imagining me doing something y to you?” He asked like the ert he was, laughing when Donghae grumbled and bumped him back in retaliation.

“No, ert,” Donghae snapped with a playful smile, letting go of Hyukjae’s hand to instead hug his arm. He sighed blissfully and grinned up at the other, his cute crooked teeth appearing in all their glory. “I just realized that we had our first kiss back in that shop,” he laughed at Hyukjae’s look of mixed realization and guilt. The setting probably wasn’t what he had wanted it to be. “It was the best first kiss ever.” He quickly added, pecking Hyukjae’s cheek gently when the taller relaxed with a sigh of relief.

“I wanted it to be more romantic, but at least I won’t ever forget it,” Hyukjae reasoned with a chuckle, stumbling after Donghae when he dragged him toward his apartment complex that was up ahead.

“You better not!” The shorter laughed, running up the two flights of stairs to his floor with a chuckling Hyukjae in tow. When they reached his apartment, he quickly opened the door and pulled Hyukjae in, pushing him up against a wall once the door was closed and locked. “Now you better remember what’s gonna happen in a few minutes too, got it?” Donghae whispered huskily as he rubbed himself seductively against Hyukjae’s body, smiling when the other wrapped his strong arms around his waist, pulling him closer.

“On our first date, Hae? I have morals…” Hyukjae breathed, though he didn’t really hesitate to squeeze Donghae’s and kiss along his neck. Donghae chuckled breathily before pulling away from him, leaving him grasping at air and looking at him with a small pout on his lips.

“Morals?” Donghae asked teasingly as he smoothly pulled his shirt off of himself, letting it drop to the floor before he started strutting seductively towards his bedroom. “Who said anything about morals in this relationship?” He breathed, letting his pants drop and allowing Hyukjae’s eyes to feast on his generous being hugged by skintight boxers, the flesh jiggling attractively when he stepped out of the pants pooled on the ground. He disappeared into his bedroom with a wink, leaving Hyukjae in the foyer with an aching and a stupefied gape on his lips.

In seconds, Hyukjae was stripped of his own clothing and literally pouncing on a giggling Donghae, pushing him down into the soft covers of his bed as he attacked his lips and touched all over his beautiful body.

 

 

“I like you so much, Donghae,” Hyukjae moaned as he ed into Donghae’s willing body, his warm breath ghosting over the shorter’s ear and pulling a shiver from him. Soft hands up and down his back before fingers dug into his skin as he ed faster into the man underneath him, his own hands the small waist that he was possessively marking with small bruises with his fingers.

“I like you… too…” Donghae struggled to say between moans and groans, his head pushing back into the pillow supporting it, his legs spreading wider to welcome more of Hyukjae inside of him. “, I’m so happy.” He cried out, tears forming at the brims of his eyes as he hugged Hyukjae closer to him, overjoyed with finally having the man for himself after months of wanting him.

Hyukjae smiled widely as he nuzzled the man’s neck, marking him as his as Donghae did the same with long scratches up his back.

 

 

“Donghae, I gotta confess something,” Hyukjae began as he lied with the other on his bed, both of them cleaned up of any and all body fluids except the sweat glossing over their foreheads and upper bodies. He hugged the smaller yet more muscular body clinging to him, earning himself a content hum before Donghae nuzzled his neck, encouraging him to speak. “You know those anonymous messages you kept getting?”

Donghae stiffened slightly, thinking Hyukjae figured out that the anonymous messager was him. “Yeah… you kept getting some of those too, right?”

“Mhm. Uh… well, this is sort of awkward to say, but I was the one… sending those messages to you,” Hyukjae trailed off, grunting in surprise when Donghae sat up quickly and stared at him with wide eyes, his face briefly morphing into a wince when pain shot up his back. Hyukjae sat up and hesitantly hugged him close, his fingers massaging Donghae’s lower back and prompting the man to purr softly before he quickly shook his head and focused back on the conversation.

“It was you?” Donghae asked to confirm, earning himself a shy nod from the other. He suddenly guffawed and hugged Hyukjae’s neck tightly, the other blinking in utter confusion. “I sent you messages too!”

Hyukjae furrowed and tilted his head in confusion before the response registered in his mind, causing a wide smile to form on his lips. “You mean…”

“Yes! We’ve been sending each other dirty anonymous messages for the last two weeks and we were too dumb to figure it out!” Donghae laughed, pulling away from Hyukjae’s neck and kissing him firmly, happiness overflowing from him. “We’re really meant for each other, huh?” He giggled when he pulled away from the kiss, his lover’s nape.

Hyukjae smiled gently and nodded, his lips finding Donghae’s again and kissing them slowly. He pulled away a few centimeters and gummy smiled, Donghae smiling naturally in response to the handsome smile he fancied so much.

“We’re mutually anonymous idiots.”