Embarrassing Truth - #9

EUNHAE BONFIRE FEST 2015 - GRAND REVEAL!

Title: Embarrassing Truths

Name: [Redacted]

Tumblr and/or AFF username: [Redacted]

Prompt #:  #9

Theme: AU in which Donghae and Eunhyuk have a very specific and rehearsed story they tell whenever somebody asks how they met, because in reality, the real story of how they met and started dating is so bizarre and embarrassing that no one would believe them.

Place: nothing specific

Object/word prompts: broken teddy bear (or other plushy), messy hair, polaroid camera, “And goddamn it, it hurts.

Action: Trying to brush glitter off their skin.

Specific kinks: Pet names

Things not to be added: no homo/biphobia

Preferences/other notes: I’m imagining a romance/comedy/crack sort of thing, but really, do as you please!

Prompt given by: [Anonymous]

Word Count: 3533

Rating: Not sure what to rate it (It has some cussing and mentions of )

Author’s/Artist’s Notes: The prompt was interesting and I had a fun time trying to incorporate everything that was asked for.

Summary:  After using their cover story to answer one of Heechul's nosy ex-lover's question about how the couple met, Eunhyuk and Donghae find themselves reminiscing about the their first meeting and all the bizarre experiences they went through together that faithful day.


 

– Embarrassing Truths –

 

Nobody’s P.O.V

Eunhyuk and Donghae are arriving at a party.

“What a great day! Look at the sky Hyukkie; it’s still blue, that means Chullie’s party is going to be awesome!” Donghae exclaimed, turning to give Eunhyuk a blinding smile.

“Hae, darling, how on earth does the color of the sky affect Chullie’s party? No, scratch that, what color is the sky supposed to be other than blue?” Eunhyuk asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well for your information, the sky isn’t always blue. Sometimes it has a grayish undertone; sometimes it has orange highlights, while at other times it has a reddish hue.”

“Okay, but that still doesn’t answer my first question.”

“Hmm, if you can’t figure that out for yourself, then I’m afraid we have to break up because obviously you are retarded,” Donghae replied as he walked to the door to knock. “Such a shame, and here I thought I had caught a handsome and intelligent man.”

“I told you my cute fish; Hyuk is nothing more than a monkey with limited brain function. It must be the lack of bananas that short circuits his brain” a voice replied as the door opened.

“Chullie!” Donghae cried as he pounced on Heechul, knocking him onto the ground.

“Hae-Hae, if you wanted me that bad, all you had to do was ask. There’s no need to knock me down, but if you want to put on a good show for everyone here, I’ll be more than happy to oblige,” Heechul purred as he caressed Donghae’s thigh.

Eunhyuk tensed at the sight and in that moment, only one thought ran through his mind, ‘ this party.’ He quickly raised his hand to grab the brunette and make a dash to his car.

Heechul; however, caught the movement from the corner of his eye and allowed a foxy grin to grace his face. As quick as lightning he took a firm hold of Donghae, stood up, and dashed like madman to his living room, cackling as he left behind a dumbfounded monkey.

Donghae P.O.V

As Chullie whisked me away from the front door, I began giggling. I wish I could see Hyukkie’s face right now.

I enjoyed the free ride to the living room and shimmied my way onto the floor when we arrived. I took a look around the room as Chullie left me, mumbling something about getting drinks. I was not happy with who I saw. Almost everyone here has slept with Chullie and is very vocal about it. I don’t want to hear in-depth details about those horror stories. Nor do I want them interrogating me about my life.

I sighed in defeat and made my way to a couch as I saw Hyukkie making his entrance screaming bloody death for Chullie. At his cries all eyes turned to him and immediately all the men were eyeing my man from head to toe.

‘Oh, hello no. That god is mine and mine alone.’

“Hyukkie,” I cried out as sweet as I could, letting a pout settle on my lips.

As expected those fiends turned to look at me and stood down as soon as they took in my appearance, making me smirk internally.

‘That’s right es; you might be good looking, but Hyukkie and I are in a completely different league.’

I flailed my arms and legs cutely, radiating innocence and pure adorableness as Hyukkie got closer to me. When he finally reached me, he quickly claimed my lips. I expected him to kiss me more greedily, but he kept every kiss short and sweet.

‘He wants something.’

“Hae, how about we blow this party and go have a romantic dinner,” he proposed as he ended yet another chaste kiss.

Had it been any other night or any other party, I would quickly agree. The problem was though; this wasn’t just another night or just another party. In fact, today was Saturday and this was Chullie’s party. The last time, we ditched one of Chullie’s parties; we were humiliated and became completely scarred for the rest of our lives.

It was during our first year in university that Chullie decided to throw a year end bash after finals. Hyukkie, being the intelligent man he was, decided that our time would be better spent doing other activities in his bedroom after a romantic night out. Agreeing might have been the stupidest decision I ever made. While the whole night is not completely clear to me, I remember a few key points that make me shudder whenever I think about it. I distinctly remember cameras, green goo, cat calls, and screaming. Suffice it to say, I don’t try to purposely get on Chullie’s bad side anymore.

 “Do you want a repeat of university?” I asked making him shiver involuntary. “That’s what I thought.”

After a few minutes of small talk here and there, Chullie arrived and gathered everyone in a circle on the floor. In the center of our makeshift circle were drinks ranging from water to alcohol. As Chullie’s lips curled up into a devious smile, my brain began sending red warning signals. This was not going to lead to anything good.

Heechul P.O.V

Gathering my puppets, I mean my guests, into a circle, a number of tantalizing ideas raced through my mind.

“So, many of you here know each other through me, but aren’t really close. I for one, like my friends to be friends with each other, so we are going to play a game that’ll help us get to know each other better,” I purred.

“Game?” Siwon questioned as he eyed Donghae and Eunhyuk with lust filled eyes.

‘Oh hell no. I may joke around with those two, but I sure as hell am not going to play any part in breaking them up. They are meant for each other.’

I surveyed the group and saw that many of them had similar intentions as Siwon, making me frown. I’m going to have to change things up a bit to move away from this atmosphere.

“Yes a game, because most of you have lost faith in relationships after a tumble with me and it’s quite sad and pathetic,” I casually remarked much to their annoyance. “This is a great chance to instill faith in you all, as we have a couple that has been together since our middle school days,” I continued and motioned towards Donghae and Eunhyuk.

“That long huh. I can’t believe it’s actually possible,” Kibum remarked.

“Yes, they are an inspiration to us all. Their romance brings me to the point of my game. Alright so you take one of these balls and toss it inside one the glasses inside the circle. Depending in which glass it lands on, you’ll be able to ask Donghae and Eunhyuk a question regarding their relationship. If your ball goes inside a glass of water, you have to keep things platonic. If it goes inside a juice glass, you can ask questions with a bit more sizzle and spice. And finally if it lands in an alcoholic glass, you can get downright sinful with your question,” I explained as the duo stared at me incredulously.  

“I’m first,” Siwon said as he grabbed a ball and tossed it towards the glasses. The end result was an alcoholic glass much to Siwon’s satisfaction.

“Okay, how many positions did the two of you try when you first had ?” Siwon asked with a lecherous grin making Donghae flush.

Eunhyuk threw a glare my way, but I just smirked. I was actually curious myself.

Seeing my glare, Eunhyuk scowled in disgust before he faced Siwon.

“Three,” Eunhyuk simply stated before maneuvering Donghae to sit on his lap.

“Which ones?” Siwon asked.

“Stand down Siwon, you had your question. It’s someone else’s turn,” I hissed, immediately making him cower in fear.

“I’ll go next,” Kibum said with a grin as he tossed his ball.

To my great relief the ball landed in a glass with water. Kibum was always a bit to curious. I wouldn’t have put it past him to ask about sizes or tightness or fantasies.

“How did the two of you meet?” Kibum asked piquing my interest. Even I don’t know the answer to that and I’ve been friends with them since high school.

“We met on a sunny August Friday on our second year of middle school. I was running to my English class because I was late for an exam. I was running down the stairs to get to the first floor of the building when I slipped and was about to fall down the stairs. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, when I felt someone pull me back by the waist,” Donghae answered quickly and looked towards Eunhyuk pleadingly.

“Yeah, I was walking down the stairs as well when I heard someone yelp in fear. When I looked I saw Donghae about to go down a whole set of stairs, so I dashed to him and grabbed him. He kind of crashed into me and we fell back onto the ground. I asked him if he was okay, but he just ignored me and muttered a thank you before running away,” Eunhyuk continued.

“As it turned out, Eunhyuk was new to the school and was going to be in the class I was running to. When I finally got to the class, I was freaking out and as it turned out the teacher had canceled the test in order to give Eunhyuk some time to catch up with the work,” Donghae pouted but it seemed so fake to me.

“In the end, we met up after the class and spent lunch together. As it turned out we had a few more classes together and were both on the soccer team. It’s not all that great of a story,” Eunhyuk said as he waved a hand dismissively.

‘They are so hiding something.’

The game went on for a few minutes but eventually we steered away from it as people kept tossing the balls into water glasses’. One by one the guests started leaving and relief seemed to fill both Eunhyuk and Donghae. It was about four in the morning when everybody was gone and I offered the couple the spare bedroom which they accepted.

As I said wished them a goodnight a mischievous grin graced my face. “By the way, I will figure out how the two of you actually met one day. It must be one hell of a story if you need that crap cover story,” I teased, laughing as I saw them freeze in place.

‘I love my life,’ I thought as I closed the door and headed to my own room.  

Nobody P.O.V

“Honey, you don’t think he actually meant that. Do you?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk with wide doe eyes.

“I don’t know angel. Chullie is eccentric,” Eunhyuk answered despite his obvious discomfort.

“I hope he never finds out,” Donghae mumbled as he stripped down to his boxers.

“I’d be on a plane to America the second I hear he has,” Eunhyuk confessed.

“Don’t forget to pack me in your belongings,” Donghae said cutely as he lay down next to his boyfriend, his head resting on the other’s chest.

“I’d never forget you. It’s hard to forget someone so sassy,” Eunhyuk laughed as he thought back to how they met.

“Hey, I wasn’t that bad,” Donghae pouted.

“Oh really?” Eunhyuk asked with a raised eyebrow.

Flashback - 12 years earlier

Donghae was a nervous mess. He had somehow gotten himself in detention and he had been assigned a different teacher for detention. One that had just started in the school, meaning he couldn’t blush and pout his way out of it.

He walked to the assigned classroom and grimaced as he saw it was one of the rooms used for drama classes.

‘Ah hell, I hope the teacher in charge doesn’t make me act out some bull scenario about proper etiquette in school or something like that.’

Resigning to his faith, Donghae opened the door and froze at the sight. There was a redhead around his age dressed like a teddy bear with messy hair, blindfolded, tied up and gagged, while the teacher was taking pictures with what seemed like a polaroid camera.

“Ah, you must be Lee Donghae! Come on in child, we are just getting started,” the elderly teacher said as he motioned for Donghae to enter the classroom.

Entering the classroom cautiously, Donghae was on high alert. If this guy even tried to do whatever he was doing to that redhead over there to him, he was going to bolt. Detention be damned!

“Alright Donghae, I’m going to need you to put this on, preferably without a shirt,” the elderly man told him as he gave him some pink bunny ears and tail.

“Why?” Donghae asked nervously, his eyes flickering to the redhead that seemed like he wanted the earth to swallow him whole.

“It’s a part of the detention for today. I’ve already received permission from the principal, so don’t fret.”

“Are you going to take pictures?” Donghae asked as he reluctantly put on the bunny ears after removing his shirt.

“Yes, they are a part of the project as well. Don’t worry the faces will be blurred when they go up, so no one will ever know it was either of you two,” the man explained with a kind smile that instantly won Donghae over.

“Alright sir. What do you need me to do?” Donghae asked naively.

“First let me give you the premise of the shot. As you can see your fellow schoolmate here is playing the role of a broken teddy bear, hence the defeated posture. Now you, the bunny, will administer first aid,” the man told him as he handed him a first aid kit.

Nodding his head in understanding, Donghae approached the redhead who had his eyes closed and mimicked the procedures for first aid whilst the teacher took pictures from different angles.

After a good twenty minutes of picture taking, Donghae turned to the elderly teacher. “Is that all sir?”

“Well Donghae, I was hoping to get a small film for the project as well. So, if you don’t mind, can you and your schoolmate act out a scene?”

“What kind of scene were you thinking of?” Donghae asked as he tilted his head to side.

“A first meeting between potential lovers; although, for it to be more realistic you can just go with whatever feels natural,” the man explained with a sly smile.

“That sounds fine,” Donghae agreed as he moved to untie the redhead.

“Fantastic! I’ll have the camera rolling, but unfortunately I must go meet with the principal right now. Just do whatever feels natural and leave when you’re done. I’ll come and collect the camera when my business is finished,” the man explained as he turned the camera on and left the room.

“Why do I get the feeling this is somehow going to bite me in the ?” Donghae mused aloud.

“Because you actually believed his stupid story,” the redhead snorted as he removed the costume and revealed his bare chest.

“What are you talking about red?” Donghae asked with narrowed eyes.

“First of all, my name is Eunhyuk you damn brunette. Second of all, do you honestly believe his crock story? The bastard tied me up the second I entered the classroom,” Eunhyuk snapped.

“Look red, I don’t know what kind of paranoid world you live in, but a teacher would not dare to cross me,” Donghae retorted.

“Oh really? Why’s that?” Eunhyuk asked highly amused.

“Because my father would have their head,” Donghae answered.

“Please,” Eunhyuk snorted.

“Whatever peasant, I don’t have to explain myself to you,” Donghae replied.

“Peasant? Do you have any clue as to who you are speaking to you serf?” Eunhyuk snarled angrily.

“A dumb redhead! And here I thought only blonds were this dumb,” Donghae replied cockily.

“Look you moron. I don’t care who you think you are, but don’t you dare cross me or I’ll personally see to it that you are kicked out of this school and are blacklisted in every private school I can think of,” Eunhyuk sneered.

“Who do you think you are threatening the heir to the Lee Company?” Donghae yelled.

“Ha, no wonder I already hate your guts,” Hyukjae laughed.

“What the hell do you mean by that?”

“You’re looking at the heir to the Lee Corporation,” Eunhyuk smirked as he saw Donghae faltered a little.

Regaining his bearings, Donghae just scoffed. “I don’t give a rat’s if you are the heir.”

“Sure you don’t,” Eunhyuk said sarcastically, making Donghae grit his teeth in anger.

“That’s it! You damn idiot!” Donghae roared as he pounced onto to Eunhyuk, sending them both to the floor.

Growling at the attack, Eunhyuk fought back against Donghae as they rolled around the floor. They kept on struggling on for a few minutes when suddenly the ceiling opened up and glitter and confetti fell down on them.

“What the hell?” Eunhyuk said as he straddled Donghae.

Donghae squirmed underneath him uncomfortably, as Eunhyuk pressed down on him.

“Hold still,” Eunhyuk told him as he looked around the classroom. “I hope we aren’t expected to clean this up.”

“The hell I’m going to waste the rest of my afternoon in this dam room,” Donghae cried as he surveyed the room now covered in pink and red glitter and confetti.

He looked at Eunhyuk and saw that the confetti was clinging on to him. He stretched my arm to poke at a piece of confetti on his chest.

“It’s clinging on to you,” he mumbled as Eunhyuk turned to look at him questioningly.

Carelessly, he took hold of one of the sides and peeled it off, instantly regretting it as Eunhyuk hissed in pain.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae asked worriedly.

“This has glue,” Eunhyuk answered as he rubbed the now bare skin.

“I’ll be more careful then,” Donghae told him as he began peeling off the confetti more gently.

After about five minutes Donghae had successfully removed every piece of confetti on Eunhyuk’s chest leaving little red marks all over his milky skin.

“Alright, I’m almost done with the front, so bear with me,” Donghae said soothingly.

“Thanks for the help,” Eunhyuk whispered.

“No problem,” Donghae said. “Are you doing okay?” he asked as he saw a light blush on Eunhyuk’s cheeks.

“Yeah, it’s just this is embarrassing,” Eunhyuk began only to hiss in pain as Donghae removed to pieces at the same time. “And goddamn it, it hurts.”

“Well I was wondering why you hadn’t arrived at home yet, Eunhyuk,” an amused voice sounded.

Looking towards the door, Eunhyuk paled as he caught sight of his father.

“It looks like you’re having yourself quite some fun, eh Donghae?” another voice sounded.

Donghae followed Eunhyuk’s gaze and flushed when he saw his own father looking down at him with a smirk. Squealing in embarrassment, he pushed Eunhyuk off of him and stood up.

“Father, it’s not what it looks like. I swear. There were extenuating circumstances,” Donghae babbled which only served to amuse the two men further.

“Sure, Donghae, sure. Don’t worry son, continue and have yourself a jolly old time,” the man told him as he waved his hand dismissively.

“Well, it seems we will become family soon enough, so how about we go and have a cup of coffee and live our kids to their activities,” Eunhyuk’s father said as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“Father! This isn’t what it looks like,” Eunhyuk whined, but was promptly ignored as the two men left and their laughter filled the hallway.

“Stupid redhead,” Donghae muttered as he kicked Eunhyuk in the shin.

“Damn it you serf, you’re going to pay for that,” Eunhyuk growled and chased after the now sprinting Donghae. The chase continued on for an hour or so before they departed home trying to brush glitter off of their skin.

End Flashback

“I still don’t understand why that teacher ever made us do all that. And why did glitter and confetti suddenly fall from the ceiling?” Donghae mused.

“I have no idea, but I have a nagging feeling it’ll come back to bite us in if we aren’t careful,” Eunhyuk answered as he pulled Donghae closer to him.

Outside the room, Heechul had his ear pressed firmly against the door listening in to the couple’s conversation.  When he heard no more talking he made his way to his bedroom with his cellphone.

“Hello, Mr. Lee? It’s me Kim Heechul, Eunhyuk’s friend.”

“Hello Heechul. It’s good to hear from you,” a gruff voice answered

“You as well, sir. I was wondering if you could answer a question for me,” Heechul said with a sly smirk.

“Oh?”

“Yes, I was wondering what you can tell me about how Eunhyuk met Donghae,” Heechul asked innocently.

“Let me tell you an interesting story Heechul, about a plan concocted by two bored business rivals,” the man answered as he opened a hidden file in his laptop titled, ‘Hyukjae’s Love Story.’