Detective X : Bonus chapter

Det. X

A special bonus on how Minseok tried to flirt with Soojung before he sent the notes and how Soojung knew that Minseok was creating the acts.

 

A flashback of Minseok,

Minseok let fake coughs a few times but it seemed it didn’t attract Soojung’s attention away from her book. Soojung chewed on her gummy and continued reading her book. She glanced at her watch. Closing her book, she stood up and left the place.

Minseok sighed and left the place too.

 

Soojung was sitting at the cafeteria, alone. She preferred to be alone with her book since she really loved reading books. Well, she was not a nerd but she didn’t really know how to make friends. Besides, every group in the school were full too for her to be fit.

As she was about to finish her writing, Jongin threw a paper at her. She didn’t care at first. But after a few flying papers were aiming at her, she was pissed off. She left the cafeteria, stomping her feet. Meanwhile Minseok was hopping that she would ask so that Jongin could point at Minseok. Minseok banged his head on the table. His mission failed again.

 

Soojung was searching for a book in the library. She had to finish her homework before the due date. She didn’t like doing her homework at the eleventh hour. While she was searching for a reference book, a boy dropped one of his books while carrying a stack of books.

Minseok asked for help, hoping that Soojung would pick up the book and help him with some of his books. But his plan wasn’t succeed. A boy with a stern face and old-style glasses picked the book and stared at him.

“Are you sure you’re going to read this many?” Minseok grinned and shook his head.

“Then put those back.” Minseok quickly put the books back on its shelf. After finished putting the books he quickly went to the reading corner. He saw Soojung went out with a book on her hand. Again, his mission had failed.

 

A flashback of Soojung,

Minseok gave the pen and the small notebook to her. She was hesitated to give her phone number. She sighed in defeat. Soojung took the pen and she wrote her number. As she was writing down on the notebook. She saw Minseok’s handwriting. The handwriting seemed familiar with her. She took a look while Minseok was enjoying his coffee. Her eyes widened in shock. She gulped down her saliva and closed the notebook.

“Finish?” she nodded.

“Contact me when it comes to urgent stuffs only.” Minseok’s face shone.

That night, she thought about the psycho boy. Then she realized. Minseok had asked her if she liked romantic stuffs. She tried to relate it to the notes. Soojung snapped her fingers. His handwriting was really the same with the notes.

Soojung tried to find evidence. A few days before she hired Minseok, Minseok had come into her class and asked about Jongin’s place. She was suspecting that Minseok put the notes when she went home. She remembered that Jongin never left stuffs inside his desk. She assumed that Minseok asked Jongin to purposely leave his book so that he could sneak inside the class and put the note.

The weird thing was a detective would hardly forget stuffs. Why did he easily forget Jongin’s place whereas Jongin was his friend. She shook her head in disbelief.

 

One night, she was sending her father at the airport with her mother. She kissed her father on the cheeks and bid him a goodbye.

“I need to go to the washroom first.” her mom nodded and said that she would be waiting in the car.

After finished with her business, she saw someone familiar from afar. She squeezed her eyes for a better look. Her childhood friend, Yixing was hugging Minseok and the other friends. She also could see Zitao too. Minseok seemed to whisper something to Yixing. He nodded in agree and both of them shook hands.

From that moment, she could sense something was amiss.