Detective X : Chapter one

Det. X

Soojung walked towards her classroom leisurely. Her class would start around one more hour.  As she arrived at her classroom, no one was there except for her. Her class was silent as a grave.

Then, her eyes caught a piece of small paper on her desk. She walked towards her desk, hoping that the paper wasn’t from the principal or the discipline teacher. Soojung took the paper and read it. Frowning, the paper wasn’t from the teachers. It was from a student for sure. A teacher wouldn’t send her a cheesy and cliché note right?

Soojung crumpled the note and put it inside her pocket. She then walked back to her seat and put her back on the chair. Taking out a book, she finished some of her unfinished homework.

Few moments later, the hallway started to fill with screaming and laughing. Soojung rolled her eyes and brushed her hair away from her face.

“Those rats.” she mumbled. The door suddenly slammed open, making her startled.

A tall boy walked in the class and slammed his bag on the desk. Soojung stared at him and then continued her unfinished work.

“Yo Minseok! Stop staring at whatever you stared at and let’s go to the field.” the boy named Minseok snapped out from his daze and followed the boy.

 

The school bell rang a few times. The students were busy walking towards their classes for the lessons. Soojung stared outside the window, bored. The homeroom teacher entered the class and took the attendance.

“Choi Soojung.” Soojung raised her hand in the air.

The lesson began with Chemistry. Soojung jotted down the notes into her notebook. Her focus was disturbed by the note she received this morning. No one had ever sent her something like that. Maybe it was only just a prank. She took out the crumpled note from her pocket.

 

‘Hello, can we be friends?’

She stared at the note for a while, trying to get a hint. She looked at some students.

‘Jongin. He loves to put a prank. Maybe it’s him.’ Soojung took a glance at Jongin who was sleeping behind the class. Slimy liquid started to ooze from him mouth.

‘Yucks, no.’ Soojung turned her head to Jongdae who was secretly playing video game. He mouthed a cursing word as he failed in his game. Soojung shook her head.

She then turned to Sehun. He was a little bit different. He loved to be alone. Sehun noticed that Soojung was staring at him. He stared at her intensely with his poker face and mouthed ‘what’. Soojung quickly changed her sight to the teacher in front. She sighed.

‘Who the hell sent this to me? I should ask for help.’