Detective X : Chapter seven

Det. X

“You’re so cute when you were running back towards the school.” a naughty and dangerous smirk formed on his face.

“Shut your mouth!” Soojung couldn’t help herself but to scream.

“Please believe me, Soojung. I really love you.” Yixing spoke softly in Chinese. Soojung struggled to get out from his grasp.

“Understand me, please. I don’t love you. You’re just my friend, not more than that.” she replied in Chinese too. Her tears flowed down her cheeks.

“Then who do you love?” he asked, half-screamed.

“MINESOK!” by the time she screamed, Minseok and a tall young boy arrived at the rooftop.

“Zhang Yixing! Put her down!” the tall boy yelled in Chinese too. Soojung fell on her knees.

“As I thought. The Great Wushu player, Hwang Zitao and The Great Detective in school, Kim Minseok.” he said in a mocking way. Yixing let out a sarcastic laugh.

Zitao and Yixing were glaring at each other. The corner of Yixing’s mouth moved up, a hint of an evil naughty smirk. Minseok ran towards Soojung who was kneeling on the floor. He helped her getting up and bringing her away from the battlefield.

“Are you okay?” Soojung nodded weakly, still in shocked.

“But, I’ve something to tell Yixing before getting out from here.” Minseok was puzzled. A smirk appeared on her fair skin. Soojung straightened her position, fixing her uniform.

“Okay! Can you guys stop acting around? Stop this play please.” Soojung crossed her arms. Her face turned expressionless. Yixing and Zitao stopped fighting and turned their heads to her. Yixing already gulped his saliva.

“What are you talking about?” Minseok went to Soojung. Soojung threw a death glare at him. He cleared his throat.

“Okay, guys. Go out now.” he said as he clapped his hands. Minseok’s friends went out from their hiding places and started to circle both Minseok and Soojung.

The awkward silence settled over them. Soojung was still with her ‘oh I am so pissed off with you’ face. She tapped her foot a few times, arms were still crossed.

“What is all of this?” she asked emotionlessly. Minseok gulped down his saliva. He bit the bottom of his lips. A sigh escaped from his mouth. Minseok knelt in front of her as if he was begging for her forgiveness.

“Choi Soojung, we’re very sorry for making you like a fool by making stupid scenes and acts. It was all my idea. I started off the mess so that I can be with you. I asked your friend Yixing to come here for this fool boy since he is also my friend too. I was the one who sent the creepy notes and the one who loves you is this psycho. The detective who is kneeling in front of you is the stupid psycho. And in the behalf of my friends, I’m Kim Minseok wants to seek apologise from you, Choi Soojung.” Minseok finished off his sentence. There was a silence between them. Soojung sighed and lowered her body to Minseok’s height. She touched his shoulder gently.

“You don’t have to do this just because you wanted to talk to me. You have just told me face to face. I wouldn’t eat or hate even though I don’t like you. We could be friends.” Minseok looked up to her face. Both of them stood up.

“So, you don’t like me?” he asked, trembling.

“Stupid.” Soojung pulled his arms and hugged him. She felt so warm inside his embrace.

“Kim Minseok, I officially declare you as my stupid but clever boyfriend.” she leaned and kissed his cheek. His face turned red and hot. Minseok almost fell because of the sudden and not-in-the-script kiss. Everyone applauded and congratulated them.

Soojung and Minseok giggled as they hugged each other.

“A kiss on the lips!” Chanyeol screamed loudly.

“Yah!” both Soojung and Minseok yelled in unison. Everyone laughed and Jongin smacked his head.

“Underage.”

“But I saw you watched…” Jongin covered Chanyeol’s mouth with his hands and pulled him to the other side. Minseok and Soojung smiled at the kids. Soojung turned to Minseok.

“How did you rent this place for the so-called battlefield?” Minseok grinned.

“It’s a secret.” she pouted.

“I’ll definitely find that.”

Minseok was glad that Soojung finally noticed him and loved him back. And as for Soojung, she was glad she had finally found a true lover, not because of the look but because of the personalities. The wise once said, don’t judge a book by its cover.

 

THE END
Wait, it hasn’t ended yet…