Detective X : Chapter five

Det. X

Soojung thanked Minseok for his help. She excused herself and went home. Minseok was still there. He stared at his coffee. His back was suddenly slapped by a person. Minseok took a glance. Joonmyun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongin pulled some chairs towards his table.

“So, how was it?” Jongin started the conversation. Minseok sighed.

“She said that the person is a psycho. This is going to be the hardest case ever. Plus, I’ve to finish this case within three days.” Joonmyun patted his shoulder a few times, comforting him.

“I know you can solve this one. It’s so easy. Believe me, you’re the expert detective in school. Even the smartest kid in school couldn’t beat you.” Baekhyun chuckled, referring to Kyungsoo as the smartest kid in school.

“If she finds out the person, I swear she will never want to go to school again.” Joonmyun patted his shoulder again.

“Leave it to us. We will help you in this case. Just tell us what we need.” Joonmyun took out his wallet and leisurely threw it on the table. Minseok smiled to the others. Chanyeol already winked at him.

“Okay, this is what you have to do.”

 

Soojung saw another note on her table. She wildly searched around.

‘What do you like? A romantic candlelight dinner or a box of chocolates or a bouquet of roses or all of the above?’

Soojung frowned. Her head became dizzy because of this. She put it inside her pocket and put her bag on the chair.

Out of the blue, the door was suddenly slid. Soojung was startled.

“Oh, it’s you.” Soojung sighed. Jongin went to his seat and put his bag on the chair, as usual.

“Minseok hyung wants to see you at the same place as yesterday.” Soojung nodded her head. Jongin walked out slowly and closed the door. She cleared . ‘This person is really over the limit.’

 

 

Soojung walked quickly to the café. She saw Minseok as he waved at her. She waved back and flashed a smile.

“I’ve received another note.” Minseok took a look at the note and read it thoroughly.

“Are these the things you like?” Soojung shook her head.

“I don’t really like romantic stuffs like that. The psycho has really reached the limit.” she clenched a fist. A wave of rage swept over her. Seeing her angry face really made Minseok scared.

“So, that means you are more to honest confession rather than these silly stuffs?” Soojung nodded her head.

“If this guy really wants to be friended with me, he should just meet me and just tell the truth. He shouldn’t send something freaking like this.” Minseok could see the fires in her eyes.

“You know what, I’ve found the suspects. But I’m still discovering the puzzle first before making a wrong assumption.” Minseok tapped the table for a few times. He bit his lower lips, making him looked ier. Soojung gulped down her saliva. She focused on what Minseok was talking on.

“May I know the suspects?” Minseok looked at her for a long time, making her blushed. He smiled naughtily at Soojung.

“Why are you blushing?” Soojung shook her head again and again, covering her red face.

“Just focus on the case.” he let out chuckles and glanced at her.

“I don’t think you know the suspects. Well, if I ever catch him, I’ll make sure you see his face.” Soojung bobbed her head and grinned joyfully.

“But before that, may I have your number? Just in case I’ve urgent things to say, so I can call you immediately.” he pushed his pen and the notebook in front of Soojung. Soojung again was hesitated. She looked at Minseok who was grinning at her. ‘What have I done?’

Soojung didn’t really like giving off her phone number. She rather stayed at home and studied. But in this situation, she didn’t have any choice. In order to find out the psycho, she was willing to give her phone number to her detective.

“Here’s my phone number. Contact me when it comes to urgent stuffs only.” Minseok’s face seemed like it had been poured with a bucket full of glitter. He plastered a really big smile on his face.

Before going back home, Soojung thanked him again.

“Do you want me to send you home? Well, I’m just afraid that the psycho will follow you if you’re alone.” shivers ran down her spine. Her voice trembled.