Detective X : Chapter four

Det. X

Minseok walked towards his class. He sighed and rubbed his arm, tired.

“Yo Kim Minseok!” Kris suddenly jumped in front of him and clutched onto his neck. “Good job for today, fammy!” Kris gave then name ‘fammy’ to Minseok, a short form of famous. Minseok smiled and nodded his head.

“I’m tired.” the next class would begin in a few more minutes. He banged his head on the table and slid his hands under the table. Suddenly, he felt something in his table. He took it out. It was a paper, a sticky note.

‘Meet me at Pretzel Café around 3 p.m. I’ve something to request.’ - Choi Soojung. Nervous engulfed him and pierced his bones. He paced up and down.

“What you got there?” Luhan asked as he saw the note on his hand.

“I got a new client.” he said with trembling voice, as well as his hands.

“Well, that’s great! You’re the great detective in school. I have to agree that I’m really proud of you.” Luhan messed Minseok’s hair playfully.

“But the problem is she is my…” out of the blue, the bell rang, making Luhan startled and he almost hit his at the table.

“Talk to you later. Bye!” Luhan went off to his class, 5B. Minseok nodded slightly and sighed. The next class started as usual.

 

 

Soojung walked towards the café. The café located just a few blocks from her school. She clutched her jacket due to the bone-chilling weather. She entered the café and looked for the person but unfortunately, he wasn’t there. Soojung chose a comfortable place to sit. She chose the table near the window.

A waiter came to take order. Soojung just ordered a cup of latte. She took a quick glance at her phone. The digital clock showed 3:05 p.m. She came too early for the ‘date’.

The atmosphere was quiet and calm. Everyone was talking but they looked like that they were whispering magic words. The eyes were locked at each other, smiling and sometimes, giggling. Soojung felt awkward because she was the only loner there. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head to see Minseok with a grin on his face. Soojung smiled back at him. She stood up and handed her hand out. Minseok chuckled and shook her hand.

“You don’t have to be so formal with me. I’m just a student too.” he said humbly.

Soojung smiled. “But you’re the popular and the best detective in school. You have my respect.” Her order came on time.

“Do you want something? It’s my treat.” Soojung unknowingly flashed an angelic smiled at Minseok. She never knew that majestic and intelligent Minseok was a friend of that stupid Jongin.

Minseok shook his head. “It’s okay for me.” Soojung insisted. She ordered a cup of cappuccino.

“How do you know cappuccino is my favourite?” Soojung blinked a few times.

“Really? It’s my favourite too.” both of them chuckled. And then, there was an awkward silence between them. Minseok let a fake cough.

“So, what is your problem?” Minseok took out his pen and also a small notebook. Soojung shyly smiled. She was hesitated to tell him about the mysterious person. She pulled her bag and put it on her laps. After that, she handed out a few pieces of papers.

“Someone sent me this. It really freaks me out. I thought I would hand this notes to police but I believe this was only a prank.” Soojung explained. Minseok nodded.

“Wow, you have a secret admire.” Minseok playfully . He took the papers and examined them carefully.

“I think I know how to solve this. I can solve this case in no time. Believe me.” he took a sip on his cappuccino.

“I’ll pay you twice if you could solve this mystery in just three days.” Minseok almost chocked his coffee. He quickly pulled the tissue and wiped his mouth.

“Twice?” Soojung nodded. Minseok thought for a while. Then, he nodded in agreement.

“Okay, in just three days.”