Detective X : Chapter three

Det. X

‘Are you scared with me? Don’t worry. I won’t do anything stupid. I just want to be your friend. You have a lovely face.’

The hair behind her neck stood up. ‘This person is a psycho. I really need a help now.’

 

The bell rang, indicating it was recess. Soojung roamed around the school, aimlessly. She had no idea what to do or who to find. She finally stopped in front of her locker, sighing. Suddenly, she heard someone was talking behind her.

“If you really do have a problem, go find Minseok. He’s really good in solving this stuff.” a girly voice suggested. Soojung eavesdropped on them.

“He’s only expert in solving love problems. He’s like a love doctor! I don’t have that kind of problem. I’ve a mental problem!” the girls laughed like hyenas. She turned to both of them.

“Excuse me, where can I find the guy you guys were talking about?” the girls exchanged looks and giggled.

“You’re joking, right?” Soojung blinked her eyes, confused.

“He’s the popular detective in school. How come you don’t know him.” she sheepishly smiled and rubbed the back of her neck.

“Well, I’m kinda stuck with books only and don’t really care about other things.” she said. The girls’ mouths formed ‘o’. One of them took out a paper and a pen from her pocket. She wrote something on the paper and then gave it to Soojung.

“This is his classroom and his full name.” Soojung took the paper and read it silently. She looked up from the paper and thanked the both of them.

 

Soojung ran towards her class, dismantling everything that on her way. Exhilaration bubbled up inside her like soda water. She couldn’t wait to see him but somehow, she thought she had heard that name.

‘Kim Minseok a.k.a detective x, Class 5A.’ As she was focusing on the paper, trying to remember the location of the class, she accidentally bumped into someone.

“Sorry.” she said and bowed. Then, she quickened her pace. The person she bumped in scratched his head in confusion and shrugged.

After a few turns, she finally arrived at the class. Soojung let out a deep breath and knocked the door. There was no one who opened the door, not even a little sound coming from the class. She sighed, hopeless.

As she was about to walked away from the class, the door suddenly slid opened.

“Yes?” a boy voice asked. Soojung turned around to see a familiar boy in front of her.

“Jongin? You’re not Kim Minseok.” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“Obviously I’m not. He’s already out a few minutes ago.” Soojung sighed for the nth time.

“Where did he go?” Jongin tapped his chin a few times. His eyes were wildly searching for ideas.

“I have no idea. Maybe he’s out looking for clues.”

“Oh, he’s still have cases in queue, right?” Jongin nodded. His arms were crossed neatly, like a bodyguard.

“Well, I’ve to go. Tell him that he will get a new client soon. Thank you.” Soojung bowed.

“Wait. What’s your name?” Soojung tilted her head. ‘Yah, we’re in the same class but you don’t know my name!’

“Soojung. Choi Soojung.” she said, pissed off with Jongin.

“We’re in the same class, right?” Soojung palmed her face.

“No.” then, she walked away, leaving Jongin dumbfounded.

 

On her way to her class, Soojung noticed a large crowd in front of a class. She took a peek before leaving. There, she saw a boy who was surrounded by girls around her age and the young ones were there too. The boy was sheepishly smiling at those girls. He noticed Soojung and smiled at her. But Soojung didn’t show any interest. She then left the crowd.