Part 1

Chances

Sungmin was always one of those not-so-into-relationship as well as not-so-into-girls guys. One would think it can be perfect combination since there indeed is only few homoual men and they’re not really jumping around telling everyone, but as he slowly came closer to graduating from university he felt that he’s not able to ignore all those lovey-dovey couples he was meeting everywhere in the school campus, anymore. He was realising he suddenly feel lonely and maybe ashamed that he was apparently the last one in the school’s universe who haven’t had his first kiss, first date, first whatever yet.

It was untill he met him. Maybe it was just coincidence maybe it was fate, but Sungmin, who never gave a damn about freshmen, not even about his own classmates, found himself literally stuck to first year’s class.

 

„Hey, man!“ Hyukjae chuckled when Sungmin jumped on his feet and turned his surprised look at his friend. He totally forgot he came to help him with his project. „Thinking about your prince again? Have you at least introduced yourself to him already?“

Sungmin slowly shook his head and pretended there was something very interesting on his pink Hello Kitty socks as he tried to avoid his sighing friend’s eyes. He couldn’t help it. He just wasn’t type to come to one he likes and say something like „Hi, I’m Sungmin, I like you let’s go out.“

There was a silence for a while, interupted only by Hyukjae turning his school bag upside down, looking for notes for the project, untill Sungmin spoke again. „Neh, Hyukjae... how did you meet Donghae?“

„We go to same english course. Had to have some dialogue together and became friends..,“ Hyukjae stopped, concentrated on reading his now found notes but Sungmin haven’t gone for it. „But?“ he asked making his friend look at him again.

„But there’s something more on my side... let’s say,“ Hyukjae sighed again and turned page of his notebook. Sungmin just nodded. He knew it from all the talks he had with him. Hyukjae maybe didn’t notice it but he was talking about Donghae a lot. How beautiful his smile was, how cute he was when he acted childish, how lovingly his eyes sparkled when he talked about his dog. Everything was always about Donghae.

„Have you confessed to him?“ Sungmin wasn’t sure if it was good idea to ask since his friend was so quiet since they started to talk about his beloved one. He had a feeling something was wrong between the two of them. He laid on the couch on his stomach and watched Hyukjae as he slowly put down the notes and closed his eyes. „Well, I did,“ he said slowly, „but he just ran away without any word. Something about his dog waiting for him.“

Sungmin let his lips form a little smile and patted his friend on the shoulder encouragingly. He didn’t know this Donghae guy but as Hyukjae talked about him he was quite sure he was the type to feel embarassed when confessed to from someone he likes back. „It’ll be okay, Hyukjae, believe me,“ he winked at him and got up to make them a cup of coffee before starting with the project.

 

**

 

Sungmin wasn’t quite happy to find himself walking throught the school campus too close to economical department again, once his morning class was over. He felt like some crazy stalker but couldn’t help himself. He just HAD TO see him and that way he was suddenly standing in front of the class door, shaking his head in disbelief. He sighed quietly wondering what he wanted to gain by it when he popped his head into the class and quickly searched for his man. His lips formed a little smile when he found him looking fully concentrated on what the teacher had to say.

„Mr. Lee, what brings you here? Are you looking for someone?“ Sungmin didn’t react for a while as he was used to this voice talking by now and too occupied by staring at one of the students. He jerked when his mind finally accepted the fact that the question was for him.

„A-actually not… I-I was just..,“ he hurried a bit too much with the answer. Hundreds eyes was on him as he stuttered on his senseless sentence. He saw the one he was in fact looking for to chuckle a little. „Uhmm… sorry for interupting. Goodbye,“ he shut the door close and leaned on the wall next to it. I’m such an idiot…

 

„You did WHAT?!“ Hyukjae literally rolled on the floor of the caffé they met in for a lunch.

„Don’t make me repeat it, Hyuk, it was really embarrassing.“ Sungmin tried to cover his dark blush with his glass of juice. He just wanted to bury himself deep into the ground and never come back.

Hyukjae wiped a tears of laughter which were pouring from his eyes and massaged his hurting stomach. „As much as I love you, hyung, this really was embarrassing,“ he patted his friend’s head and laughed again.

„Anyway, how are you with Donghae?“ Hyukjae’s smile faded when Sungmin changed the topic and shook his head. He didn’t want to say it loud. He felt too bad even without it but it seemed like it was enought for Sungmin to understand. „Did you at least call him?“ he asked carefully.

„Well, I would love to but-“

„You don’t have his number?!“ Sungmin interupted as it sunk deep in his mind what Hyukjae was about to say. He was shocked. „How can you NOT have a phone number of the one you confessed to?!“

Hyukjae bowed his head feeling ashamed to be shouted at by his best friend who didn’t know a damn about how hard it is to recieve a phone number from someone he likes, even more if the one is Donghae. „I typed my into his phone secretly but he never called so.. I just don’t have it.“

It was Sungmin’s turn to laugh now. „You know, it can be new for you but if someone doesn’t know he has someone’s phone number, he doesn’t expect it to just pop out in his contacts so that he can call.“

„He doesn’t even go to the course..,“ Sungmin stopped his how-to-give-someone-your-phone-number monologue and rised his head to take in his friend’s worried expression. „What?“

„You heard me, hyung, he doesn’t go there anymore,“ he whined.

That wasn’t something which would fit on this Donghae guy according to Sungmin’s analysis. He was confused now. „Maybe he’s just sick?“ he tried.

„Yeah, sure. For three damn weeks,“ Hyukjae mumbled and took a bite of his strawberry flavoured cookie.

Sungmin shruged. „Why not? There is a lot of illnesses,“ he slowly sipped his orange juice but spitted it all out when Hyukjae punched him hard on the arm in which he was holding the glass. He gave him a death glare before lowering his drink and looking into Hyuk’s wide frightened eyes. „Don’t even mention it,“ he whispered and Sungmin had to smile. „You really love him, don’t you?“

 

**

 

Donghae shut himself in his room right after he came back from walking his dog. He had to think. There were so many issues he needed to solve and one of the biggest of them was...

„Donghae, honey are you okay? Did you eat dinner?“

...him. He didn’t want to hear this voice now. He was already pretty confused even without it.

„Yeah, don’t worry,“ he shouted back and burried his head into pillows to prevent himself from hearing anything more. Donghae loved that voice. It was sweet, beautiful and so melodic when singing – same as the one it belonged to, but now that his mind was full of certain blonde guy for who-knows-what reason, he found himself hoping for being deaf sometimes. And every time the thought came again he slapped himself hard. Why would he want to never hear his boyfriend just because of some stupid guy who confessed to him in the creepiest way possible? No, this was all so wrong. He surelly wanted not to hear the confession in the first place. He’d never leave his cute boyfriend. Never in his life.

Donghae groaned and punched the sheets as the stupid guy’s face appeared in his mind again. He shouldn’t go to that damn course. He wouldn’t have to listen to „Nice weather. You’re so gorgeous, saranghae,“ if he never went there. Just why for the God’s sake you need english to work in a kindergarden?

„Are you sure? This doesn’t sound like being okay..,“a soft knock and honest concern in the voice. Yeah, that’s right. He’d never leave the small guy on the other side. Donghae slowly pulled himself up and opened the door for his love. There he was – the one who always cared for him, who was with him in everything he came throught. The small boy with the biggest and most pure heart Donghae had ever seen. He reached out and hugged the other. „I love you,“ he whispered. Yeah, this was right. This was how it’s supposed to be. The two of them, no-one else.

„No, not anymore…“

Donghae was confused, not really sure if he heard right. „What did you say, Wookie?“ he asked quietly as he cupped his boyfriend‘s face in his hands and forced him to look him in the eyes. „Please, I didn’t hear you, say it again.“ He was scared. So scared of what Ryeowook said. He didn’t want to believe something like this could happen. Not to them. Not to their perfect relationship.

Ryeowook shook his head slowly. „Are you hungry?“ he moved Donghae’s hands away from his face and turned back to the kitchen. „I made your favourite..,“ his voice broke into a little sob and he quickly closed the door to hide his tears, leaving desperate Donghae behind.

 

As soon as Ryeowook closed the door of his safe place, he let himself cry fully. He knew it – that his boyfriend was thinking about someone else – but he never really let it sink in his mind. Untill now; untill he said he loved him. It hurt so much to know it’s a lie even thought Donghae haven’t noticed it yet.

He wiped his tears not even trying to hope for them to stop falling and clutched his shirt’s hem lightly. It was the one Donghae bought him for his last birthday and he loved it but now… now… he didn’t know what to do. His feelings didn’t change but he couldn’t live with Donghae, knowing he’s not the only one anymore, much longer.

It was quite funny as he was thinking about it. He knew it from the first time Donghae came back from the course. His eyes we different, his behaviour changed and he was closing himself more and more. Just why did he live with this all these months? Yeah, right, it was because he moved in right before it started and he didn’t want to hurt Donghae by moving out so soon. Not that he believed he would care much but Ryeowook still loved him even after all this happened.

Ryeowook leaned against fridge’s door as he pulled his dark purple cell phone out from his jeans pocket. His heart broke again when he lightly caressed his and Donghae’s photo on the display background. They were so happy back then. Having their own little world, not caring what others say as they walked hand in hand in the park feeling like it‘s the most right moment in their lives. How wrong it suddenly seemed to share the rooms with him, to breath same air. No, he shouldn’t be here anymore. There’s already someone else, who should live here, eat the food from the fridge behind Ryeowook’s back, sleep in the room next to Donghae or maybe in the same as him, laugth with him, cry with him, be precious for him…

Small guy bit his lips and pressed few buttons before tossing the phone back to his pocket and leaving the house without single word. He needed to go out. To be away from all the thoughts; from the person who lied him for last four months without slighest feeling of shame. Away from hurting memories.

 

Hangeng sighed loudly mixing his coffee when the other voiced his request. „ You want to move?“ he repeated slowly in broken korean. „Haven’t you just started to live together?“

Ryeowook nodded, head bent, as the sadness poured over him again. He came to his friend’s apartment to talk with him since he had many good connections and Ryeowook really needed help not only with looking for new house but with his psychical condition too. He couldn‘t stand it anymore by himself and Hangeng, being his friend since childhood, was the right person to talk with about his problems.

„Yeah, we did but i can’t live there anymore,“ he whispered and lifted his begging eyes. „Please…“

Hangeng frowned „Did something happen?“ he had really clear idea of what could happen that his always loyal and faithful friend wanted to leave the person he loved the most in the word. He stood up and handed Ryeowook a box of tissues as he saw the latter’s eyes started to become watery. He didn’t need an answer now – he could imagine it pretty well. „I will look for something for you, okay? If there’s really nothing you can ask if you can live in your school’s dorm, can’t you?“ he slowly rubbed Ryeowook‘s back as he nodded again and hugged him tightly. „Thank you,“ he mumbled into Hangeng‘s chest and curled up against him feeling the sadness lightening a bit when he could cry knowing someone cared for him too.

A little while after, Ryeowook fell asleep tired from crying, still hugging Hangeng who just smiled lightly and carried the other on the couch. He covered him with blanket and left for his own room. He had some business to do involving a lot of money and estate agency.

He couldn’t understand why Donghae did it. He seemed like nice caring guy who would cherish such a pure soul Ryeowook was. Why would he cheat on him? It wasn’t like Hangeng was going to go to him and beat him into a ball as a good friend, no, he wouldn’t bother himself care if the guy lives or dies when he had Ryeowook to care about. He just wanted to know.

 

**

 

Kyuhyun was going back to his dorm with his friends after his evening classes, listening to their chatting about their girlfriends, his usual smirk plastered on his face. He really couldn’t get how they had so much to say to spend all day talking only about this. Not that he wasn’t in love before but this seemed pretty much like obsession rather than love. He had never been like this about his girlfriends.

Thinking about obsession he chuckled, gaining himself an offended glare from his classmates. He just shruged and went back to his thoughts. He knew very well that he had a stalker. Maybe that guy wasn’t really stalker but as Kyuhyun saw him around more and more, knowing he couldn’t belong to economical department, he started to call him like that. It was quite interesting and Kyuhyun liked the idea but as time passed he grew a bit tired of him never showing himself fully. He wondered what business he could have with him, what was his name… there was so many questions.

As Kyuhyun became bored with the guy’s shyness, he started to watch him too when they had chance to meet, as he realised he would apparently have to be the one to make the first step. He seemed to be nice gentle guy, that’s why Kyuhyun was so surprised when he saw him in the campus‘ park. It was the moment he figured out his stalker wasn’t that innocent as he looked when reading his psychological books, frowning a bit at his notes. In fact he looked pretty dangerous but Kyuhyun couldn’t help himself but stop and stare at him in awe that time. He was cool. So cool with his small thin body moving around in perfect harmony with nunchucks, serious expression on his usually sweet and cute face showing how much was this boy concentrated on his doing-matrial-arts stuff.

Kyuhyun felt like a stalker himself back then but on the other side it encouraged him in his plan to introduce himself first. He really wanted to know more about this guy.

 

**

 

Sungmin was panicking like hell looking around the cafeteria when his „prince“ walked in his direction, confident smirk on his lips. There was no way he was coming to him, right? Sungmin slowly swallowed a bite of sandwich he was munching on until now, his widened eyes never leaving the other man as he sat down accros him with his ice coffee, scaning him with dark piercing eyes.

„I’m Kyuhyun, you?“ he said after a while which seemed like whole eternity to Sungmin who suddenly found himself mute. He opened and closed his mouth few times before finally being able to voice a reply. „S-Sungmin.“

Kyuhyun smiled. Sungmin, was it? At least he had his name now. He found him quite cute with his unsure smile and big eyes glued on him so he decided to confront him a bit more. „I saw you watching me for a while but since you didn’t seem like coming and telling me what you want from me I came fist,“ he explained. He had to admit it was pretty impressive that Sungmin’s eyes could become even bigger and more shocked. He smiled lightly as the latter bent his head, dark blush spreading across his cheeks. „I don’t... uhmm sorry about that,“ he mumbled quietly.

Kyuhyun shook his head. „I don’t really mind, was just curious. So, Sungmin, what kind of business do you have with me?“

Sungmin felt his throat being blocked. He couln’t tell him that he was attracted to him like that, at their first meeting especially when it was him who came to introduce himself first. „N-Nothing.“

„People don’t stalk others for no reason, Sungmin,“ Kyuyhun rised his eyebrowes. He was more than sure Sungmin had a good reason to watch him for all that time but he guessed it wouldn’t be nice to push him into answering seeing he was so nervous squirming in his seat.

Sungmin pouted feeling a bit upset. „I wasn’t stalking you. Just occasionally watching,“ he mentally slaped himself. He couldn’t choose more stupid way to defense himself, really not. Kyuhyun laughed at it thinking the guy was quite cute blushing and pouting like that. „You come to someone’s class just like that and call it ‚occasionally watching‘? But thank you, it started to be boring and you were nice distraction.“

Sungmin didn’t even know why it hurt him so much to be called distraction by someone he just met. He didn’t want to be only distration. He wanted to be his boyfriend; to be cared for. He felt his eyes watering  for no particular reason as he stood up a bit too abruptly, taking his half-eaten sandwich and shot Kyuhyun last offended glance. „Sorry, have to go. Was nice to meet you, Kyuhyun.“

The said one watched Sungmin leaving hurriedly and smirked again. He had a feeling this will be even more interesting than he thought.

 

Sungmin typed Hyukjae’s number as soon as he reached his favourite place in the campus‘ park. It was in the part quite far away from the main buildings so it didn’t happen often that someone came here. It was perfect to train kung-fu without buch of students staring and whispering. He let his body fall on the bench waiting for his friend to answer the call.

„Hey, hyung,“ Hyukjae’s voice came from the gadget after a few beeps.

„Hyukjae,“ he breathed out in relief. He was affraid Hyukjae won’t answer when he so needed to tell him everything. „Hyukjae, he knew. He knew it all the time.“

„Huh? Who knew what, hyung?“ he was confused.

„Kyuhyun…“

Hyukjae groaned starting to be a bit impatient. Sungmin was always like this – taking a long time before going to the point. „Who is Kyuhyun? Min I can’t help you if I don’t understand what you mean.“

Sungmin was still too shocked to really care if his friend shout at him or talk to him informally. „The guy I like. We met today. He told me he knew I was watching him.“

Hyukjae laughed on the other side of the line, glad it wasn’t anything bad. „Wow, hyung, you finally introduced yourself to him?“ he whistled loudly. „And shouldn’t you be happy he knew about you? You know at least you’re not that much of strangers now…“

„No, Hyuk,“ Sungmin shook his head slowly, „he introduced himself to me. He came telling me I was a stalker but he doesn’t mind because it’s ‚a good distraction‘ when I come to their starting-to-be-boring class. He’s such an , Hyuk. Do you know how I felt hearing this all from the first person on this planet I fell in love with?“ he suddenly felt a tears of hurt and anger flow down his cheeks. „I hate him so much,“ he sobbed weakly, wiping his eyes half-heartedly.

Hyukjae sighed. „Don’t say it, hyung. You’re just hurt now. Calm down and don’t do anything you could regret later, okay?“  He tried to sound sensibly but in fact he could imagine how Sungmin felt pretty well. He himself was in love with someone who didn’t mind to at least turn him down if not accept his feelings. „Wanna go out tonight?“

„Yeah..,“ Sungmin nodded between some more sobs before he finally stopped crying. Really, what did he care if Kyuhyun said such a thing about him? It wasn’t like they were already lovers or something. He was pretty sure he’d hear much more hurtful words if they were.

He slowly pulled himself on his legs and left the park. He had some things to do for school before meeting Hyukjae and he also hoped it’ll help him forget Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin took a thick chinese book from one of library’s shelves and slammed it hard on the table in front of Hyukjae who had been staring into the space for a while now. The latter jumped on his feet, scared, and threw deadly glare at his hyung. „Hey, I know you’re angry and I made you help me with school instead of taking you for a drink but you don’t have to kill me because of that,“ he groaned and sat back down to search in the book he couldn’t even read propperly.

Sungmin smirked. Sure he was angry, who wouldn’t be if he was told to go out just to be closed in the school again, but on the other hand he was grateful. Studying indeed helped him forget that idiotic guy and it was much less dangerous than drowning himself in alcohol since it wouldn’t make him feel like dying from headache next morning. And as horrible as it sounded and he felt bad for it, throwing books at Hyukjae was successful way to vent his frustration. „Just read it,“ he replied uninterestedly opening one book for himself.

„I can’t. I asked you to help me because you’re far better in chinese than me,“ Hyukjae looked at him desperatedly. He needed to progress with the project but it was impossible without cooperating Sungmin. He was studying chinese for the same time as his friend – they actually started together – but was still much worse.  He just couldn’t remember all the characters and pronounciations. „Please,“ he cried out using the cutest puppy eyes he could think of.

Sungmin sighed and threw his korean book at him, drawing the chinese one closer in the same time. „It’s page 138, my pabo best friend,“ he smiled sincerely for the first time that evening at his grateful dongsaeng. „Why did you even choose this topic when you can’t understand chinese well?“

„I knew you will help me,“ Hyukjae winked teasingly, „and isn’t it interesting, i mean, to try to find how chinese influenced our own language. Don’t you think?“ his eyes were sparkling with enthusiasm when explaining. Sungmin just shruged, not even lifting his eyes from the text and sipped his slowly cooling vending-maschine coffee. „If you think so…“

 

Hyukjae was staring at the words in the book but never really read them. The thoughts about Donghae were still coming back no matter how much he tried to push them away. He wanted to help Sungmin with his problems but he had a lot of his own to be able to solve someone else’s too.

The guy still haven’t called or appeared in the course and Hyukjae started to be desperate. Maybe he should give up and forget him. Yeah, as much as cute and nice he was, was he really worth all the pain and tears Hyukjae cried for him? He didn’t even know him that well. What if he ran away because he was disgusted with Hyukjae being gay and now didn’t  want to see him thinking he was something dirty? What if he already had a girlfriend and was offended by Hyukjae’s confession? What if they weren’t ment for each other from the beggining? What if they never were friends in the first place and he just imagined it? What if he was really sick, fighting for each breath somewhere?

Hyukjae felt his heart clench as he was thinking about all possibilities. It hurt him so much to only imagine Donghae could be dying now with all that beeping things around him or something. He shook his head violently to get rid of those thoughts. He needed to write the project, pass all exams, finish the university and find himself a job. Yeah, that’s right, he should concentrate on this, not some stupid guy messing up with his life.

Next to him Sungmin chuckled amusedly. „Give it up, Hyukjae, you’re only turning pages not even reading them. Let’s have a break and you can pour your heart on me.“

„How can I, hyung, when you yourself was crying on the phone earlier today?“ he opposed but was grateful that Sungmin suggested it.

The other groaned. „Just spill it already. I’m okay now, I won’t die from hearing you out.“

Hyukjae sighed weakly as he closed the book in front of him. „It’s still the same. He never came to the course since then. It’s more than month now. I haven’t heard of him, haven’t seen him. I’m so worried.“

„Ooh it’s so sweet, this young love,“ Sungmin whispered dramaticaly, smiling at his friend who chuckled loudly at him. „Says the one who’s in love for the first time himself, neh, old man,“ he stuck out his tongue and laughed.

„Aish, just shut up, you punk,“ Sungmin joined him in laughing, glad they were so carefree again, forgeting all their worries. „Let’s go get us something to eat,“ he didn’t bother himself to wait for Hyukjae as he stood up and ran out of library. Hyukjae slowly shook his head wide smile on his lips before he cought up with his hyung, throwing an arm around his shoulders. „As long as you treat me…“

„You’re really punk, dropping honorifics just like that,“ Sungmin punched him in the arm lightly and laughed again. „I’ll make you pay next time so fill you wallet well.“

„Sure, hyung, whatever you say,“ he winked and let go of him before Sungmin could hit him again.

 

Later that night Hyukjae was lying on his bed staring at the ceiling. The evening with Sungmin was fun. As soon as they dropped their problems they started to really enjoy it. They went to 24hours-coffé-shop for a meal and then to park, sitting on the cold ground talking about stupid things as they used to before their lives became such a mess. He really missed those times.

A long sigh left his lips as the thoughts came again. He didn’t know what to do. He liked him really much, he was sure about it, but still as the time passed and he didn’t have any contact with Donghae, he started to doubt if there was even the slightest chance he would at least recieve rejection if not acceptance. He was blaming himself for everything. He should wait a bit more to confirm his own feelings and get to know the guy better, he should choose another way to say it, he should exchange their numbers propperly. But even if he did, would Donghae answer in the situation like this when he was apparently avoiding him? Or maybe Hyukjae shouldn’t confess at all. They would still be friends, he would still see him in the course and maybe later, Donghae would introduce him to his girlfriend. He would know if he’s okay or if he wasn’t he could go to visit him in the hospital.

What could he do now? Stare at the walls around him feeling… anger? Despair? No, it wasn’t it. He felt like this before but now it was something else. Something even more hurtful. He felt guilty for ruining everything. Guilty and lonely. It was the first time he felt really lonely in his life. He was always with Sungmin and so, but this was different. Since the moment he fell in love with Donghae he felt lonely no matter how many people were around him as long as there wasn’t him in the crowd. He felt so crazy and obsessed for being like this but he couldn’t help it. He needed him to live.

Hyukjae lazily covered his eyes with his forearm and rolled on his stomach burying face into fluffy strawberry shaped pillow. He chuckled darkly when a wish for the pillow to become one certain guy came acrossed his mind. How could he even think about it? Such an impossible thing.

I must be really desperate.., he yawned loudly and rolled again this time still hugging the pillow. „Night,“ he whispered for himself into the quiet room before finally closing his eyes in already failed attempt to sleep at least those 3 hours he had left before having to get up for his morning class.

 

**

 

„Hey Kyunhyun, wake up! What so important is on your mind that you even abandoned your bloved math?“ the guy reached his hand and pinched Kyuhyun’s cheek lightly. The other frowned on unpleasant contact and pinned his eyes on the man in front of him who was already fully occupied with scetching something Kyuhyun would swear are just random curly lines but the guy insisted that it’s a chair. Kyuhyun was always told to be genius but he felt his brain cells dying at least ten times of natural speed when he tried to see the actual object in the picture. He shook his head, convinced the person must be crazy to think chair looks like this, and opened his math book again - it was something he could understand.

„That guy… I wonder why he stalked me,“ he answered after some time.

„The psychological department one? Don’t you think about him a lot these days? It almost looks like you like him.“

Kuhyun smirked. Yeah this was his hyung. Denying that he could ever like guys but teasing others about it. „Let me say it again, Jongwoon, i might want to know how it is but I don’t like men and especially not HIM.“

Jongwoon didn’t even bother himself remind the other of their age difference. He knew him too well to be oblivious to it since Kyuhyun used formal language only with some people and only when he felt like it. „Isn’t it the same? The first part. The second should be scratched.“

Kyuhyun could swear the guy didn’t really know what he was saying but he didn’t mind that much. He was pretty used to it by now. „Then you admit you like men too?“ he smirked in victory. He knew Jongwoon wasn’t that uninterested as he tried to seem and with all the time Kyuhyun spent with him, he was quite sure his hyung wasn’t as straight as he was saying. Maybe he liked girls too but there were times he laid his eyes on men. Like the one from cook/waiter class, until he found out he’d been in happy relationship since who-knows-when. Jongwoon always opposed it but Kyuhyun didn’t buy it. He saw his eyes darkened for some time when he found out.

„No way!“ Jongwoon jerked adding huge amount of harsh words as he made a scratch throught whole picture when he deffended himself a bit too much. He threw an upset glare on Kyunhyun, who just gave him an alopogetic smile, and turned a page of his block to start the scatch again.

Kyuhyun closed his mind from angry Jongwoon ruining new paper with another „chair“ design, and let the thoughts come again. He couldn’t get why on the earth he should like that Sungmin guy. Jongwoon always lived in another dimension but where had he got the idea that Kyuhyun would like someone he just met? He didn’t know him at all - only his name and class. He haven’t even got the most basic information and it was making him nervous. Being genius or not, he wasn’t able to calculate the situation when he didn’t have an X. What had the guy wanted from him? Did he need help with something? Did he want to be friend with the most inteligent person in the school? Or was he really some creepy stalker watching freshmen every year?

He had to find out. He had to get to know him better.

 

**

 

Donghae woke up into empty house again. It was nearly two weeks since he found a letter with the house key on the kitchen table, saying the man who he was going out with for last 4 years just moved out because he can’t live with him when he’s not loved anymore, he shouldn’t worry because he’ll be in his friend Hangeng’s appartment until he finds somewhere else to live and he cooked him meal for next few days, it’s in the freezer.

He didn’t understand it back then and couldn’t believe it but now he somehow got used to being alone even thought he still sometimes shouted good mornings when he entered kitchen. It was when the daylight brighted his mind and he could keep himself occupied with school and english studies he now had to do on his own. When the night came, he was totally different. He cried for long hours until he fell asleep tired from all the sobbing. He missed him so much. His sweet voice, the cute shy way in which he showed him his pure love, caring words Donghae sometimes found annoying. He would do anything to hear them now but he wasn’t there anymore. Ryeowook wasn’t there…

He sat on the chair in the kitchen dropping his head on the table like every morning, memories of how Ryeowook used to come with big cup of hot creamy coffee every time he started to falling asleep by the table again, caresing his hairs and whispering for him to wake up in the most loving way possible, running throught his mind. Donghae never did something like this for him. He was realising how much he was cared for only now, that what seemed like daily routine for him was suddenly missing.  He never really thanked Ryeowook for doing this all for him, never really appreciated it.

It felt so empty and lonely without his now probably ex-boyfriend there. Donghae always loved to laught, to be happy and with Ryeowook he could have it all in Wookie’s special bashful way. What did he care if they shared bedroom, kissed 60 times a day or had at least twice a week? They never needed it. People would act like knowing everything if he told them, saying Ryeowook left him because of it and stuffs but he knew him too well. He would never leave because of something so trivial. Donghae knew pretty well how seductive Ryeowook could be when he wanted. No, this wasn’t the thing. The only reason Ryeowook would leave him because is there was something wrong in their psychical relationship. Donghae just didn’t know what. He thought about it thousand times but couldn’t think of anything. Why did he leave him? What went wrong in their perfect life together that he didn’t want to be with him anymore? Donghae didn’t understand.

He slowly lifted his head and caresed Ryeowook’s photo on his cell phone’s display background with his eyes.  As the other times he went into his messages to make sure he haven’t recieved some from him he didn’t notice, then to contact list and stop only staring at his name there, hoping he would call, he himself being too scared to press the call button first.

But today wasn’t like other times. He went to Ryeowooks calling profile the other way around just for him to find something what shouldn’t be there. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously as he searched his mind for someone like this.

He literally got a mental kick when it finally sunk in that the Hyukkie-person blinking at him peacefully in his contact list was the stupid blonde guy from english course. And suddenly everything clicked and he knew exactly why he was alone now. It was this guy’s fault. He should know Ryeowook, being the very sensitive person, could feel him having mind occupied with someone else. He surely knew very well but it wasn’t like it. Donghae didn’t like him or something, he was just confused from all the things happening with this Hyukjae, that he thought about him a lot. Right? It couldn’t be that Ryeowook thought he didn’t love him anymore because of this guy, just couldn’t. It was all such a big misunderstanding.

Donghae felt anger towards the blonde one grow in him.  He pressed the buttons hard and stopped himself only before there was a small detele menu. Should he really do it? Will it help anything? He hesitated for a while before cancelling the offer. It wouldn’t hurt to have the number in his phone, right? After all it’s just a number, nothing else.

 

**

 

Donghae couldn’t swear he was in his right mind when he pushed the door of english course class open so hard they slammed into the wall. He was panting heavily, anger and hate in his eyes as he stepped in pinning his glare onto confused Hyukjae. He took a deep breath and wiped the tears pouring from his eyes.

„I hate you, Lee Hyukjae. I hate you so much!“ he sobbed.

 

 

***

A/N: I was acually going to post it on Sunday after my japanese exam but since I finished the correction of the 2nd part today and was quite looking forward to show you guys, I decided to update today. I'm really sorry to say it but since I need to study for one more exam in 2 weeks from now, I can't work on the 3rd part. I'll start as soon as the exams are over but as you can say, it means you'll have to wait for the 2nd part longer. but don't be upset, it's pretty long and I promise it's much better than this. hope you'll stay with me until the end <3

A/N2: It's my first english story, I'm sorry if it ...