Chapter 8

Boy, Girl, Her Ex and His


“And sometimes I try to stop speculating the future out of existence, and other times I tend to lean back and run with it because maybe it's for the best." 

Across the fancy interior stood a black haired women, hands wrapped across her chest as she stood by the window, eyes scanning over the beautiful night scenery of Seoul. The warm wind brushing over her pale complexion, under the sparkle of moonlight which made her look breath-taxingly beautiful despite the heartache that priched deeply into her soul. Sungyeol spend the nights alone, reminiscing her dad's words.

"Everything will be alright?" Sungyeol's voice rang in the silence night as her eyes bore into the mid-night scenery.

Flashback 

"It doesn't mean that we have..to go if a loved on passes away." Mr Lee said caressing Sungyeol's cheeks. "One day or not, our life will change as we want. It will surely change, Sungyeol-ah, he continued.

"If i had died once your mother passed away, who would have taken care of you? he questioned his daughter looking around everywhere, trying to hide the welling tears on his eyelids. With a small smile, he kissed Sungyeol's forehead. "Everything will be alright my dear."

There was a perfect silence everywhere in the ward, only the sound of clock ticking was heard. Sungyeol was slowly recovering from her first fits attact and its been a week from the day she got the news about Woohyun. I miss you, Woohyun-ah

The silence of the ward is broken by the gentle footsteps of a doctor and a nurse or their words of sympathy. "Sungyeol-shi your getting discharge today. I've explain every details about your medications to Mr Lee and your all set to go. Take good care of yourself. Good day" he said patting Sungyeol's shoulder.

With that 3 years passed, Sungyeol spend her day and night reminiscing all the memories the two lovers spent together. Her heart broken, but it kept on beating for the sake of her dad. It was so painful to accept the reality, Woohyun's death was like a tug into her heartstrings. 

Her soul refused to accept the truth no matter what, it's a known universal truth Woohyun is never coming back or it was what said by Woohyun's best friend, Hoya. 
Sungyeol finally agreed to marry Myungsoo for the sake of her dad.

"I wore our promise on my fingers all this years. But no longer." she said as a string of tears escaped from her eyelids rolled down the soft cheeks with that she took out Woohyun's ring, the one they exchange as they seal their promise. Goodbye Woohyun.

Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away. Life goes on, darling. - Mr Lee

##****##

Upon listening this story, Myungsoo couldn't hide the sadness he felt while listening to her past. He had never come across a girl who valued a relationship so much. 

"That was a great love story. Its my first time listening that a girl loved a guy so much" He said wiping of his tears as Sungyeol sighed with a small smile on her face. What's the point..I lost him after all!

It was somewhat between hurt, jealosy and pleased that Sungyeol finally had open up to him. From the day they were married, today is the first time Sungyeol spoke to Myungsoo. 

A smile curled up on Myungsoo's face, seeing his wife smiling though it may not be a bright smile but it was some kind of unexplainable emotion hidden. She must have love Woohyun-shi so much.

"I'll get permission from my office" Myungsoo said as he stood up. Sungyeol knitted her eyebrows as she shoke her head in disapproval. "Its okay, I'll ask my friend, to come"

They were still awkward together. Not wanting to invade her personal space, Myungsoo agreed. "Alright, i'll call you later,from work" There was a moment of silence but Myungsoo finally told her what he wanted to do.

Tears escaped his eyelids as he smiled to himself walking out of the ward. He felt bad for treating his wife badly. Guess im not the only who had a past life. 

 ♦ ≈ ♦

It had been a rainy and hot summer, but now the air was chilled with autumn, the edges of the leaves starting their red-curl of death. It was beautiful, a busy morning with people rushing to work. It would be funny this is the same play repeated every morning at 7 am. But it does, and I have a bit-part to play with no lines

Everything seems new, the bubble up feeling in his stomach as he recalled his conversation with his wife, the long traffic was no longer a problem, his mornings was like a waking is a hammer swung with gusto on his skull. Myungsoo walked into Volkswagen HQ, dressed in a casual White short-sleeved work shirt tucked into a suit pants with a bright smile on his face.

One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike as the most beautiful painting. Today is THE DAY

Myungsoo begins to like Sungyeol and now the liking has immense respect for her. Sooner or later i'll have to let go of you Gyu-ah! 

"Good morning Hyung~~" Myungsoo greeted Dongwoo who was engrossed into data's.

Is it me or Myungsoo looks happy for real. 

Dongwoo chuckled  raising brows, starring directly into Myungsoo's dark brown poles. "Morning Soo did you get a divorce or something?"

A tepid chuckle hit Dongwoo's eardrums, "Naah, hyung. And what's with divorce?" Myungsoo questioned back disappointed. 

"Naah, you look dashing. I'd never tought i'll see the old Myungsoo in you." there was a sudden hint of sadness in his voice. He shallow the invincible lump in his throat, bitterness echoed vividly in his voice as he finished his sentence. Myungsoo gave a soulless smile.

"Hyu--"

"Good Morning my boys" a voice was heard causing Myungsoo to jolt in surprice. It was Mr Park, the chairman of Volkswagen.

There was a subtle span of silence among the three but thankfully, Myungsoo spoke up breaking the silence. "Good Morning Park heo jang-nim. Can i see you in a bit?"

"Sure Myungsoo-yah. See me in my cabin in 5 minutes"

"Yes Sir"

♦ ≈ ♦

Myungsoo dragged Dongwoo along into his black porsche as he got a full-day off from his boss. 

"Where are we going, Soo? And why are we out when we're supposed to be working now? Heck i have to submit the sales data by evening. Soo? Oh Lord! Soo say something!" Dongwoo demanded impatiently as he kept on bombarding Myungsoo. Why is he so happy?

Myungsoo giggled as the impatient Dongwoo continued guessing. "Have you murdered your wife?"

"WHAT? Hyung!"

"Then what? You look so happy as if you had just won a prestigious award..."Dongwoo said tailing off his attention back to the smiling Myungsoo.

Myungsoo ignored his demanding hyung as he alert his attention back to the road. Divorce? Murdered?? Like seriously hyung!

A faith murmur broke Myungsoo's train of thoughts."At least tell me where are we going?" he questioned again only to receive a heartful chuckle by the driving man. Who could it be? 

"Fine!" Dongwoo remarked listlessly. Myungsoo rolled his eyes letting out a quite laughter while holding bitting his inner lips, observing his sulking hyung. 

The journey to the hospital was silent, busy with their own thoughts as a melodious stereo was heard throughout. 

¤ω¤

As soon as Myungsoo entered the hospital, he felt a pang in his heart like he was slapped on his face consciously. The sight of Sungyeol was queuing up to pay the bill hurt him. Why didn't she call me? 

He quickly walked to the counter where Sungyeol and her friend Sungjoong was queuing and tries to pay the bill but when reality strikes it's always cruel, Sungyeol scolds and embarrasses him in front of the observing eyes of many.

"What are you doing? If you had told me I'd come" Myungsoo said as he stabilize his breath for the running.

"It's okay, how much" Sungyeol asked plainly.

"I'll pay" Myungsoo bud in and passed his credit card to the receptionist only to receive a glare from his wife which went unnoticed by him. Sungyeol lost her patients, she bit her inner lips suppressing her anger. Who are you to pay my bill? Don't act like you care Kim Myungsoo!

But luck wasn't siding anyone p, it took her exactly 2 seconds to lash her anger and this time there's nothing stopping her.

The first pity soul was the young receptionist who was in her late 20's "Will you swipe anyone's card?"

She looked up, blinking in surprised "Isn't he your husband?"

"Who told you?" Sungyeol questioned raising her eyebrows. Myungsoo turned facing her, shock by her words.

"Erm, he signed the document as your husband." The receptionist justified herself.

"Just because he signed it, does that mean his my husband?" Sungyeol bombarded her back with a sly smirk on her lips as she witness Myungsoo's expression.

Myungsoo on the other end, was broken by Sungyeol's words. They were fine few hours ago and now she grew cold towards him. What's wrong with her? The receptionist returned his card after apologizing. 

Ignoring the stingy feeling in his heart, Myungsoo carefully questioned "Cant I pay the bill?"

Sungyeol sent a razor sharp glare, starring directly into his dark brown orbs. "What do you mean? You SHOULD NOT. Look, yesterday you helped me, so I told you that's all.." 

"You gave me your number" Myungsoo took a sharp intake of breath, cutting of Sungyeol's sentence. 

"Even the watchman has my number. So??"

"Am I the same as the watchman?" Bitterness wavered vividly in his voice. He didn't know what to say as his tongue caught in disbelief. He was deathly confused and the suffocating feeling in his heart was unbearable. 

Sungyeol rolled her eyes, sighing dramatically. "Look her Mr Kim, don't take this as an advantage to get closer to me. I don't need your sympathy and if you do try..I will humiliate you. Mind it!."

"Pay for me Sungjoong-ah" With that being said Sungyeol walked out the lane, leaving the confused, heart-broken Myungsoo and the shocked Dongwoo who happened to walk in, as he witness Sungyeol insulting his best friend. 

Myungsoo bit his lower lips. His mind was trying to comprehend every single word his wife said, but he found no end to it. Why is this so complicated!

"What just happened?" Dongwoo mumbled, still couldn't digest what he had just witness. What's with her?

"Forget it!. Let's go Hyung" Myungsoo murmured.

¤ω¤

Myungsoo wants nothing more than to ask his Hyung to shut up because listening to those words over and over again is breaking his heart even more.

"Tell me when was the last time you cried, Soo-ah? Dongwoo mumbled.

"Let it go Hyung" Myungsoo sighed as he took a sip of the liquor in his hand.

"Tell me when was the first time you ever cried?"

"Oh Hyung! Please let me drink peacefully" he rubs his face and shakes his head to clear the fuzziness of his thoughts before taking another swig of the foreign liquor in his hand.

"Oh my Myungsoo!!"



Hey dear readers 😊 

Well, sorry for the delay. As usual I was busy with classes and Diwali preparation at home. Anyways I hope you enjoy reading Chapter 8 and to those who were waiting for Sunggyu's appearance, he will appear in the next chapter. So keep anticipating Myungsoo's past. 

Good day , happy reading 😁

To all Indians around the world, wishing you and your family a fabulous and prosperous Diwali.

Regards ~ Sheirly ❤