Chapter 5

Boy, Girl, Her Ex and His

FLASHBACK


It was new year eve,the night started off rather innocently. The street was crowded with people, having a good time drinking with friends, racing but mostly enjoying the eve. The countdown started.

5

4

3

2

1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

Quieter varieties of fireworks blast, colours generated by pyrotechnic stars produced intense light as it coloured the sky with beautiful shades. Sound pollution took place as people screamed wishes as they parade along the street flooded with cars and bikes.

Bike racers showing off their roll on power willy.

"Oh god, Hey Mr! Drive carefully!" Woohyun yelled at the racer who had cut through his lane.

"Howon-ah, shall I ride slowly. I'm terrified" Woohyun voiced out as backed his head tilting to his right.

"Hyun! You are just rolling your bike. At this speed not even a wind turbine could bring us down" Hoya joked nonchalantly.

Annoyed with the latter's statement, Woohyun spoke in defense. "They are all drunk, look at the way they are driving".

Hoya sighed as he growled annoyed "Look at our plight,we are stuck here on the way to office while the whole city is celebrating the New Year!" 

"Our plight?" Woohyun questioned raising his eyebrows as he continued, "Its yours bro, one I get through the Airlines Cabin Crew Interview..I'll zip zap zoom in mid air"

Woohyun smiled widely but slowly faded into a pout.

"Pipe down Hyun" Hoya said as he observed the reaction from the elder of the two before bursting into laughter.

"Look at this hooliganism! Girls are even worse when it comes to partying" the younger spat looking at his surrounding as he witness young girls with liquor bottle in hand screaming enjoying the night.

Earning a chuckle from Woohyun "They are not girls..these are crass crude chicks" he said in frustration.

"Do you know how a girl should be?" Woohyun said as his lips formed at small greasy smile.

Hoya scoffted.

"How"

A white Chevrolet Cruze passed on the opposite side of the street. Stood out a tall, beautiful black haired girl. She looked beautiful with a simple lace white dress which was contrast against her fair pale complexion, stretching both her hands apart.

Woohyun was mesmerized with the beauty of his view, his eye never left the sight. He suddenly felt inferior towards the unknown beauty, shivers of pure ecstasy ran down my spine. "Should be like her Howon-ah" he said pointing to the said beauty.

Eyes twinkle in amusement, he grin widely but the charming grin faded and was replaced with a big frown when he saw her holding a bottle of liquor.

Woohyun couldn't speak for a moment as if a cat got his tongue.

"No! N-ot like her" he shutter, shaking his head as his eye failed to accept the reality.

««««~~~»»»»

"Happy New Year Everyone!" Mr Lee joined his daughter wishing random people.

Sungyeol giggled enjoying before her attention drove to her dad.

"What's this beer doing in your hand while driving" Sungyeol sounded her dad as she took away the beer.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Sungyeol wished, smiling showing of her cherry cheeky smile.

Her eye caught the dark brown poles of a stranger across the street. It wasn't the eyes that caught her attention but that lips that mumbled incoherent words.

What?? Oh wait did he just scold me??

Sungyeol's eye deathly lurked the stranger.

 ««««~~~»»»»

Buzz..buzzz buzzz~~~ Sungyeol's phone vibrated during InterComm lecture or also known as Devil's class.

Sungyeol nudged Shasya. "Babe, dad's calling should i pick up" she whispered to the said friend.

Shasya bit her lower lips before turning "Better not. If we get caught, your phone will be confiscated for a week. Shasya hissed but Sungyeol ignored it not taking anything into thought, she lay down on Shasta's lap to answer the call.

"Darling" Mr Lee greeted his daughter.

"What~? I'm in devil's class. What's the matter..tell me quickly, was the flight delayed? Sungyeol whispered as she continued bombarding her dad with questions.

Mr Lee smiled intentionally at his daughter's behaviour. Silly girl

"Darling-" Before he could respond to his daughter, Sungyeol cut him of by saying " I'll call you back, Bye..Bye!!" 

Sungyeol whispered out loud enough making the whole class to turn back. 40 pairs of eyes stared directly piercing into her eye, Sungyeol swallowed the lump in .

Oops! 

"LEE SUNGYEOL, OUT!" The said devil, Mrs Kim yelled in her stern voice causing Sungyeol to jolt before walking out the lecture hall irritated.

Haish, Sungyeol sighed heavily. She tried calling her dad but her phone failed to make calls.

Oh what now!! I know ;) 

Shasya came out from the lecture hall looking rather pissed. "What's your problem Yeollie~" she mused looking at the coddling whom was grinning next to her. 

"Haish, what now?

"Tell me KTCorp customer care number" Sungyeol mumbled.

Shasya shoke her head sighing . You call me out for this....But this is better than listening to the Devil!" another sigh left her lips.

Sungyeol giggled "Bless you my child" earning a glare from Shasya as she got what she wanted.

Sungyeol rang the customer service to find out what was wrong. Shasya bit her nails while waiting for Sungyeol to get through the line.

"Oh lord, how long will they take just to attend the call! Damn it!" Sungyeol mumbled voice laced with frustration.

Shasya hummed, engaged in trivial thoughts.

It took 10 minutes before the line was connected. Woohyun who works at the KT Corporation Customer Service Center, attends Sungyeol's call. Woohyun is a new worker so he starts got nervous and fumbles, Sungyeol who was already fuming becomes irritated and starts to scold him.

"Good morning, your talking to KTCorp Woohyun. How can I help you?" 

"Ahh..I'm dying give me a...!" Sungyeol lashed.

"W-what?" Woohyun shutter.

"Cheez, how long does it take to answer the damn call!!" Sungyeol yelled, waiting isn't her cup of tea.

Woohyun jolt in surprise " Ma'am, i can only continue to h-help only if I know y-your name and phone num-ber" 

Woohyun cursed himself for shuttering. It's only been 2 weeks since he started working.

Sungyeol lost it, " Yah! Even my phone displays the caller ID, your sitting in front of a big system, don't tell me you dont know?

Woohyun struggled to answer "Where?.. There's no display ma'am" 

Sungyeol sighed. Shasya shoke her head as she witness the scene.

Woohyun panicked "I'm new to this job..Please give me your number". His voice was low almost begging.

Sungyeol huffed. " 016- 133 0825"

"Uhhh, tell me slowly from the beginning madam" Woohyun blinked unable to grab what Sungyeol said as she spoke as fast as lightning.

Sungyeol rolled her eye, spelling each number "016"

"016" Woohyun repeated.

"133"

"1-33" Woohyun spelled after Sungyeol.

"0825" 

"08-24"

"Yahh!" Sungyeol lashed at Woohyun " Its 25, you jackass!"

Woohyun struggled to contain his tears, "Madam, can you tell me from the beginning, without lashing" he pleaded.

Sungyeol bit her lips as she patiently explained.

Finally, Woohyun got it right after the second attempt.

"Are you Miss Lee Sungyeol? Please hold on for 2 minutes, I'll get back to you once I've checked" Woohyun said.

He kept Sungyeol in hold, while he checking to discovered that the bill was not paid.

"Thanks for waiting, You've not paid the phone bill, that's why your outgoing calls have been cut" Woohyun answered calmly.

"I paid yesterday" Sungyeol cut his words as the matter of fact.

"Is that so? Sorry mad-am it's still not updated in our system. Can you give me your bill number?" 

"Yah! Will anyone loiter around with a bill in hand, you moron?"

Woohyun scoffed, "Correct, miss. You're right! So wh-at should I do now?" Woohyun questioned back.

All the build up anger was lashed on Woohyun. Sungyeol scolded Woohyun badly until her anger subsets. Shasya tried her level best preventing her friend from bashing a stranger but all her efforts went in vain. Sungyeol's emotional caught the best out of her.

Never make Sungyeol mad, its as similar to digging your own grave!

"Miss...stop!!" 

Sungyeol let out a relieve sigh.

"Give me 2 hours, if I'm still unable to resolve the problem..I'll pay and renew your connection!" 

With a huff, Sungyeol agreed and hung up the call.

Woohyun struggled to hold back his tears. Huhuhhuuu. Woohyun turned facing Hoya.

"Yah! Bro.."

"Omoo, Hyun-ah. What happened, why are you crying?" Hoya questioned the male sitting in front of him with tears flowing endlessly.

"Some random girl on the pho-ne tore m-e to sh-reds!" Woohyun murmured.

"Do you have her number?" Hoya asked ignoring the intimidated gaze from Woohyun.

 Woohyun nodded as his cries turned into quite sobs.

"You have your phone with you? He questioned again.

"Yes howon-ah, why do you ask" Woohyun said as he took his phone from the drawer.

"Call back and give her a piece of your mind!" Hoya said before showing his back to Woohyun.

Listening to his friend Hoya idea, Woohyun later calls Sungyeol back to scold her for her behavior, but ends up getting scolded himself.

The bickering went on. Woohyun took a deep breath " Miss you better apologize, or else things will take an ugly turn"

Sungyeol smirk over the phone. "I won't apologize. If your a man, not meek and mousy, meet me in person!" she replied sternly rather challenging.

Nervous buzzing in the back of Woohyun's mind. "Okay sis, your pardoned!! I'll delete your number and you do the same to mine. Let's move on..you don't call me and I won't either! Bye~, thank you"

Woohyun sighed in relieve after his long statement of defense before he hung up.

"Yah!!" Sungyeol spoke.

"What is it?" 

"If you're a man with guts come in person" Sungyeol challenged the pity soul, Woohyun.

"What's your problem? I have loads of work to finish, I can't come running if you click your fingers" Woohyun lashed back.

"If you have guts, come over!" Sungyeol emphasize her last statement.

"Huh, if you have gu-ts, co-me over" Woohyun shutter melancholy as he hung up Sungyeol. Sungyeol tried calling but Woohyun smartly switched off his phone.

His action angered Sungyeol. Sungyeol entered the lecture hall, a tepid chucle hit her eardrums as she asked all her classmates to call the KTCrop customer service to prank Woohyun if he attends their call. 

"Hey girls, take out your phone. Call KTCrop customer care, if anyone by the name of Woohyun picks up.. BLOCK him!!" She growled a stark contrast of anger.

After few calls, almost 30 attempt, Woohyun picked up. His bad luck started.

The girls took turn to pranking Woohyun with various reason. Being the naive and innocent boy, Woohyun fell for all the prank causing him into a sobbing mess". Hoya had a hard time, consoling his sobbing friend looking distraught and broken in fear.

"Gosh, how far did the girls go." Hoya murmured in silence to himself.

 ««««~~~»»»»

It was 11pm, everyone rushing to get home. Woohyun finally had the guts to switch on his handphone which was off since evening.

*Ding

From: Danger [Received 11.05pm]

Im waiting down! I have guts!!

Huhh!! Woohyun stopped walking as he turned facing Hoya, hint of fear was noticeable.

"What's the matter Hyun?" Hoya questioned the trembling Woohyun.

"The gir-l has messaged Howon-ah"

Knitting his eyebrows "What does she want?"

"It seems she's waiting down" Woohyun muttered.

"Let's go" Hoya smirked, winking before pulling Woohyun with him.

Woohyun struggled in Hoya's hold. "I don't want to come. Please leave me Howon-ah"

Hoya shushed Woohyun with his glare. "Come lets check her out"

A warm sensation raised inside of Woohyun's stomach as he peep through the see-through glass.

OH MY GOD!

His eyes twinkle in excitement

Its her. The beauty from new year❤

"Hyun-ah isn't she the chick we saw with beer bottle on New Year Eve?" 

Woohyun was busy engaged with a train of thoughts failed to respond Hoya. Noticing the laps of silence Hoya nudged Woohyun bringing him back to reality.

"Yes Howon-ah" Woohyun answered dumbly.

"She'll definitely something!" Hoya stated nonchalantly.

Woohyun screamed in silent horror as Hoya dragged him closer to the two ladies.

"Come here, No peeping. I'll go..talk and solve the problem. Okay, no crying hyunnie" Hoya said pinching Woohyun's cheeks.

Hmm..Woohyun sniffed new tears welling up his cheeks.

After taking a deep breath, Hoya walked approaching the waiting girls.

Sungyeol broke the silence, "Are you Woohyun?"

Hoya chuckled as he smirked " If I was Woohyun, it will be a different scene altogether!"

Sungyeol raised her eyebrows. "Okay, where is he?"

Hoya hesitate but nevertheless he answered " He's hiding over there, he's a little crowd allergic"

A sigh escaped Sungyeol's lips as she massaged her nape as she started "Ermm..A slight misunderstanding happened...."

"Hyun, it seems it's a misunderstanding" Hoya turned and yelled loud enough for Woohyun to hear.

Scratching her head, Sungyeol continued "Mistake is on our side.."

"Hyun, heard that mistake is on their side! Come out" 

A wave of shock was displayed on Sungyeol's face as Woohyun came out from his hiding.

"You!!" Sungyeol yelled. 

Oops! Woohyun ran back to his hiding.

"Yah, Woohyun come out"

I'm so dead! 

Woohyun took up the courage and walked out.

"Listen, mistake is yours. You didn't pay the bill, I settled it for you. But coming to my office like this is too much!" Woohyun explained.

Starting at the latter " I came to apologize..but aren't you the one who yelled at me on New Year Eve? 

Woohyun shutter "T-that's because yo-uu.."

"Stop!" Sungyeol voiced out cutting Woohyun off. "You look so decent, how could you scold a girl in public?" Sungyeol bombarded Woohyun.

Woohyun finally had the courage to look up into the sparkling dark hazel eyes of Sungyeol. Good she's beautiful.

"You also look so cute..and beautiful. Didn't you scold me" he questioned back sulking slightly.

A sudden shade of pink blush creep of Sungyeol's pale complexion.

Biting her inner cheeks "Just leave before I open my eye!" Sungyeol lashed.

"Close your eyes first" Woohyun requested.

Sungyeol blinked looking straight into the latter's poles. With a huff, she closed her eyes.

Woohyun quickly ran from the sight to rectify his bike. Phuw,escaped!  

"Has he left?" Sungyeol asked Shasya whom was with her throughout.

"Look there" Shasya said out smirking, causing Sungyeol to turn back facing Woohyun.

"Why haven't you leave?" 

"One small request. Don't drink beer, you'll get paunch!"

With that being said, Woohyun ride off.

"Ugh! Yahh!"

Sungyeol was astonished or rather shocked by Woohyun's statement. Shasya burst into laughter, laughing like a lunatic. A small smile crepes out Sungyeol's lips admiring Woohyun as he disappeared from her sight.

Girls prefer innocent boys over smart boys!
But this guy..
I liked his innocence. 

Sungyeol smiled a wild thumping of heartstrings took over making her cheeks warm, thinking of what happened.


Heyyaa reader's 😊

 I'm back as promised with a new chapter. The longest chapter I've ever written about Wooyeol's past. I've stated in the characters review that Woohyun is naive and innocent so crying is basically a part of it. So I hope you'll enjoy reading. 

Thanks for reading and welcome new subbies 😊