Chapter 7

Boy, Girl, Her Ex and His

 


Sungyeol sat on the couch with eyes glued to her laptop screen, lollipop idly on her tougue as she continued watching music videos killing time. The muted television flashed colourful images that reflected her messy braided bun. It was half pass 10 and Sungyeol refused to settle down on her bed. She was waiting for her dad to show up after work, pouting.  Appa -,- where are you.

Within seconds, the front door clicked open. A tud resonated from the entrance as  Mr Lee walked in with a office bag in hand looking rather exhausted causing Sungyeol to sit up properly. 

"Darling" Sungyeol called causing her dad stop walking as he turned facing his daughter. "Let's go for a drive" she suggested with a glit of excitement.

Mr Lee huffed, tailing his attention off "Not today darling..I'm too tired today.." before he could continue talking, Sungyeol bud in "I'll buy you drink ;)"

That was enough, Mr Lee turned left raising his eyebrows, a sly grin was obviously seen. Haha, that was easy!! 

It was Sungyeol's way, a bottle of liquor is enough to woo her dad for her needs. Sounds selfish but yeah it works very well as ridicules as it sounds.

With that both father and daughter were off for a night drive. While sipping his drink, Mr Lee giggled as he questioned his daughter "What's the matter darling, did you marry someone with out my knowledge or something"

A moment of silence took over the atmosphere as Sungyeol yelled with a deep sulk extremely obvious "Appa!"

With a sly smirk, Mr Lee continued "Haha, then what is it baby gurl?..To the extent of buying me drink..what could it be" he asked casually.

Seeing no response from his daughter, Mr Lee started guessing the possible reasons.

"Hmm.."

"Then it must be love!?" 

"Yeap...Woohyun" Sungyeol beamed, voice pitching in delight.

The way the silver line of moonlight hits her face, her face bloomed bright as she continued talking with light pink tint shading her cheeks beautifully. "His working at KT Corporation customer care for time being..he got selected for airline cabin crew training camp at US two days ago. He will be flying soon appa."

"Okay" said Mr Lee, that came out so casually from him as he continued driving sparing glances at his daughter every now and then, smiling wide as he witness his adorable daughter talking.

"He is a nice guy appa, I like him so much" Sungyeol giggled cheekily facing her dad, biting her inner lips.

Mr Lee squealed "Then i'll definately like him too"

A tepid chuckle hit Sungyeol's eardrums causing the latter to smile but in seconds that smile dropped as she hesitated "But appa..he is a little shy..so..can y-you..talk to.."

Mr Lee raised his hand as a cue, Sungyeol sighed happily content understanding the hidden meaning behind the gesture. 

"Hmm, okay. I'll handle it from here, no worries" Mr Lee said through his own charming smile.

Blush bloomed on Sungyeol's cheeks as she lull herself towards the driving man with a wide smile with her eyes forming a perfect crescent and Mr. Lee's heart swelled in happiness. "Thanks darling"


The next morning, Mr Lee made it a point to visit the Nam's before heading to his office. Dressed up smart in a elegant cotton V- neck formal Grey suit and a slim fit white shirt, Mr Lee made his way to Seoul Gangnam police quarters allocated 15 minutes drive from his office.

*Ding Dong* Mr Lee rang the doorbell of the Nam's residents. After few seconds the door clicked open, stood a middle aged man, looking every dashing with his police uniform. His is uniform was loosely open on his strong torso showing off his well built mussels. Well he is a policeman after all.

"Sorry, May I help you sir?" the police officer asked looking confused at the sudden visitor standing in front of him.

"I'm Lee Donghae, from RT Corporation. Are you Mr Nam Joo-Hyuk? 

"Yes, I am. Please come in" Mr Nam stepped back allowing the businessman to enter in. "So how can I help you sir? If it's a personal matter we can discuss here..but if it's official matter we shall continue this talk at station?"

With a small smile on his face, Mr Lee continued "It's personal..my daughter, Sungyeol is currently doing her Masters in HR management.."

"Was she kidnapped?" the police officer intrude into causing the businessman to chuckle contently.

"Nope sir, nothing like that. Hmm, she loves your son Woohyun." Mr Nam shift uncomfortably on his seat as his eyes bore directly at the businessman, staring directly with a unpleasant expression on his face. Which when unnoticed by the businessman.

"My daughter said that Woohyun is a little afraid to break this matter to you so..and i heard he will be leaving soon to US for his training camp..that's why I thought it's better to discuss this matter with the elders before Woohyun leaves..see I have no objection with this marriage..my daughter's happiness is my main priority.."Mr Lee spoke casually as he was equally surprised by his own calm voice despite the look the police officer was giving him. Mr Nam gave him a deathlious glare as he felt his blood boiling in his veins. The police officer smirked. 

The businessman was happy as Mr Nam seemed satisfied as he smiled. Oh no..Mr Lee if only you know that smile was fake. 

That smile on Mr Nam didn't last long "Sir, when a big shot like you can come this far to talk in hand about their marriage..who am I to oppose? But I'm little disappointed with Woohyun. He should have told me ahead about his love affair. But nevertheless it's fine..with me"

The police officer looked like he was ready to explode, but somehow trying to hold in abundance of emotion as he pulled all his strength in trying to hide his deep anger and disappointment which was hidden behind that small smile on his face. Smile crunch up on the lips of the businessman. His mission to persuade Hitler a.k.a Mr Nam was at the peak of success, just left with a touch of salt. 

"I'm okay with it! Just go a head and fix a suitable date for their marriage.." the police officer continued with a fake smile.

"Alright then sir. Ill take my leave, will get back to you once I've fixed the marriage date. Good day" the said businessman standing up as he brought his right hand forward for a handshake. But the tables turned just then, all the anger that was kept in within was lashed out. "Also don't forget to fix Woohyun's death date together!" said the police officer with a sharp deathly glare.

Shock was radiant, mouth agape in pure shock as Mr Lee took few seconds to digest what he had just heard. That look the police officer was powering was like a prick knife, like a hyena eying its prey. It was too intense that Mr Lee felt like reality slapped him right on his face. "W-what??"

A sly smirk escaped "You weren't expecting this right, Mr Lee?? Love? Bull !!" standing up the officer took few steps forward "They are still young, it's just an infatuation. A temporary affection, and the most to bring this matter to the elders just because they love each other is totally ridiculous. This is against our culture and norms. And if you still insist of talking..please leave.."

"I'll take my leave" Mr Lee said face hung low with a mixed expression portrayed anger, disappointment, frustration all bland at once as he walked out heading back to his car. What the he'll just happened!! Oh man we are living in the 21st century!

⇔♦⇔

** Back at the Lee's**

"Darling~~" Sungyeol cooed breaking the invisible tension stretched throughout the living room. Sungyeol's soft quivering voice snap off Mr Lee's trivial thoughts as then he objects his attention back to his demanding daughter.

"His father is so yesterday. Idiot!! Such a orthodox family in this era" Mr Lee snapped, a hint of hurt pride shone in his eyes.

Sungyeol was taken back, disappointment. 

"Hmm.." the elder huffed looking at his daughter. "There's one way."

A slight ray of hope swept across Sungyeol's face "What is it darling?" she beamed gentle smile gracing upon her lips.

"Hmm.."

"Tell me..tell me appa~~" Sungyeol bugged her dad.

Mr Lee chuckled and shook his head as Sungyeol continue to whine. "Register marriage"

Sungyeol furrowed her eyebrows sending a questioning glare "Appa!" 

"If your fine with it, ill help you arrange everything. Hmm..Later in future if theres problem, we'll show the certificate. Simple." Mr Lee said casually raising his hands up, crunching this sholders smiling.

Sungyeol smiled from ear to ear squirming but her reaction slowly faded lightly as she though on how to persuade woohyun. "Its okay with me appa...but..Woohyun.."

Mr Lee laughed like a sweet wind dancing a calm melody as he lay back on the couch, still laughing hard "That's in your hand...i cant go to Woohyun and say.. I love you Woohyun..let's get register marriage..ah?".

The answer was obvious. The weight in Sungyeol’s stomach drops like a meteor in space. Oh lord -,- Woohyun-ah 

"That's your part" he continued as he pat Sungyeol's head affectionately.


 

The smell of the serene salt water, cool breeze on an unusually hot summer afternoon instantly ease all the worries that was had germinate all this while. Slipping off her flip flops as she sinks her feet in the sand waiting for her love of life. Playing with a loose threat hanging off her pink dress, Sungyeol anxiously waits for Woohyun to arrive. Nervous buzzing up her head as she practices on how to persuade her lover boy for register marriage.

A few minutes later, a handsome young man walked towards the beauty, smiling. 

From the very first moment i laid my eyes on him, which was on the New Year Eve, i was intrigued. Woohyun was smart and handsome guy, just like my ideal love interest. For a girl like me, my dad is my world. After my mum passed away, my dad is my everything but then i met Woohyun. Woohyun had this boyish air, a certain innocent yet loveable aura along with perfectly styled deep brown hair, a pointed nose like most asians, luscious red lips that stuck out in a permanent put and a muscular build body. Everything about him was unique and pure. Oh man, who was i kidding, I feel head over heels for him ~ Woohyun. 

Woohyun sits down beside Sungyeol, "I told you earlier Yeolie-ah..my dad will never approve our marriage.." he trails off playing with his fingers.

"Hmm..so what are we to do now?" Sungyeol asked innocently.

Woohyun shrugs, turning away "Nevermind"

Sungyeol huffed "Tell me.." sighs "Like what would you suggest Woonie??" she questions challenging.

With a quiet chuckle, Woohyun rolls his eyes, leaning his forehead on his arms inhaling a deep breath, he spoke up "Lets get married Yeollie-ah..register marriage". Sungyeol turned facing Woohyun with a razor sharp glare, surprised at Woohyun's bold words. Is this my naive-Woohyun?

A warm contentment steals over the atmosphere, "Did you by any chance bump onto my dad or anything?"

"Nope" Woohyun answered flatly.

"Then, where did this side of you..i mean this bold Woohyun came from?" Not that I hated but this side of his is so new and interesting.

Woohyun sighned "From the day we started dating..i knew things will never side us. And my dad he will never, even in heaven sake approve our relationship."

Sungyeol blinked with a amused pout "Seriously is this really you, Woohyun?"

"See..i wont say a word to my parents and you too keep it off your dad's knowledge. Same goes to Shasya and Howon..for time being its better not to inform anyone regarding this matter. I'll make all the arrangement..we will get married secretly..later on if there's any problem, we'll show the certificate. There's nothing anyone can do then..Simple as that..so"

A pool of heat warms up Sungyeol's stomach at Woohyun's words, her big doe eyes started to water. Woohyun smiled cupping Sungyeol's face with his hands."Yeollie.." His fingers traced down her face wiping off the new welling tears on the line of Sungyeol's face. Woohyun's dark brown orbs bore into Sungyeol's staring at her lovingly, mysterious, desired and loved as Woohyun closed the distance between the two placing a sweet kiss on Sungyeol's lips. Causing the younger to freeze in surprise, a sudden blush creeps on Sunyeol's pale complexion. "Sometimes even mens makes the right decisions".

Woohyun lulled Sungyeol into his embrance. Tears fell from Sungyeol's eyes, sniffing closer on her lover boys well build chest. She smiles curtly as she leans her head on the side of Woohyun's neck, lips brushing faintly on the outskirts of Woohyun's collarbones engulfing his scent, all warm and cozy.

Shivered runs down Sungyeol's spine when Woohyun bends down as he rest his chin on her shoulders. Sungyeol blushed feeling the latter's breath through her clothed dress sending a calm melody down her adrenaline. 

"Why did you turn crimson, Yeollie?" Woohyun questioned smirking, squeezing her waist causing the younger to jolt. 

"Shut up Woonie!!" Woohyun smiled in victory glancing, smiling as he reaches over to pat Sungyeol’s head. 

A slow curve forming on her lips, butterflies in the beauty's stomach fluttered. Woohyun giggled cheekily looking at his girlfriend. At the edge of the cloud there was a brilliant white patch, like a turning page catching the sun. The rest was dove grey with a subtle hint of purple, just enough to announce the coming sunset. The sun was already dipping behind the horizon, but the daylight still lingered in the airHe reached his hand to Sungyeol's as he intertwine their fingers. Thought holding hands may seem innocent and so yesterday but the feeling of being close with the love of your life is something beautifully unexplainable. That's how they end up talking for hours in each other's embrace. 

In the end of their meet, Sungyeol and Woohyun decided to get married without informing both their parents.

⇔♦⇔

The day has finally arrived, most waited day, the day Sungyeol will be officially Woohyun's. She woke up extra early, standing infront of the large mirror admiring her reflection as she did a light make-up on her face.  

Sungyeol arrived early at the register office waiting for the arrival of Woohyun. Nervous buzzing at the back of her spine, she will be married women in few hours. "Just few hours" she muffles squealing under her breath giggling at her own thoughts.

Hours passed and there was no sight of Woohyun. Brushing off the disappointment back on her mind, Sungyeol stood waiting for a certain young greezy Nam Woohyun all day along but sadly he didn't show up much to my dismay. A sudden fear rush up her arenaline as she felt sour inside, there was a stream of pain flowing in her heart, the kind of pain Sungyeol never felt before. Where are you Woohyun-ah :'(

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. Smudgy illumination of a lamppost with the sky spinkle with stars decorating the sky beautifully. As cue, a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 drove pass. Sungyeol immediately recognized the car. It was no other than her dad's. Mr Lee got down from his car as he walked towards the entrance of the office causing Sungyeol to frown.

"What are you doing standing here, darling?"

Sungyeol hung her head low, eyes darting everywhere avoiding her dad's questioning gaze. She couldn't face her dad yet after what had happened. "My assistant called me in the morning saying you are at register office...Hmm...I was waiting for the two of you to show up after marriage...but...hmm" he finished speaking, patting her head.

He sighed as he signaled Sungyeol to get into the car. "Get in darling"

Throughout their ride, Sungyeol didn't utter a word. Mr Lee decided to break the invisible silence between them. He tried his level best to enlighten the situation but nothing worked instead the frown on Sungyeol's lips deepen.

"Sorry pa" Sungyeol finally broke the silence treatment.

Mr Lee turns to his left, knits his eyebrows together."Why sorry darling" 

Sungyeol stole a glimpse of her dad "Hmm, for not telling you about this secret marriage. The idea was from you..but..I.."

"Oh come on darling." Mr Lee pulled his car over, stopping. Mr had no idea on how to console his daughter until an idea popped up, he smirked with a sly smile creeping on his lips. "Let's do something interesting..shall we? We aren't heading home..but somewhere else.." he said as he alerted his attention back to the road.

And their next destination was Seoul Gangnam police headquarters.

The Lamborghini stopped right in front of Woohyun's apartment. "Go..darling" Sungyeol gave a questioned look but still with a second she gathered her strength as she dashed out of the car. *Ding dong..Ding dong* Sungyeol rang the doorbell multiple times until a certain police officer opened the door with a googly eyes, half slumber. "Who are you?"

"Where is Woohyun?" Sungyeol lashed, eyes roaming every inch and end of the apartment.

"Uhh..his not here" the officer said again, irritated by the sudden traitor.

A 'ish' sound was heard. Sungyeol bombarded the police man asking the same question multiple times yet the answer was "His not here..don't waste your time searching for someone whos not at reach"

Sungyeol turned facing the officer "Pardon?" 

Mr Nam had a sly smirk on his face as he dispatched the unpleasant news. "He left to US this morning..so there is no point of you barging into my house in the middle of night. Good night" he finished slamming the door hard.

Right then, everything made sense. Woohyun has already left to the US. Sungyeol swallowed the heavy lump in , eyes that were glistened with tears that could roll down her cheeks in any time soon. Violent rush of adrenaline, Sungyeol placed her hand on the wall to stabilize herself as her body refused to support. At that very moment, Sungyeol broke down onto her knees a string of tears was rolling down the soft cheeks.
.

Looking at his watch, Mr Lee wondered "What is taking her so long.." he mumbled to himself before getting of the driver seat. He found his daughter sitting on the hallway of Woohyun's apartment looking broken and deserted, tears streaming down wetting up her cheeks.

Mr Lee crunch closer to his sobbing daughter, placing his hands on her shoulders "Hmm, US isn't that far..just a flight distance. Come on darling..come"

In the car, Sungyeol couldn't hold her tears of sorrow and the twist in her heart any longer. She stammered, lips quivering in small gasps as she tried to contain her raw emotions, which was too much to bare. The thought of Woohyun leaving her broke her heart into pieces. A void of sadness took over her rationally.

It is hurting enough when a stranger or foe betrays us, but when it is someone you believed to be a close and trusted partner, it is especially very hurtful. It feels like you were taken advantage of, deceived, or stabbed in the back. Which is why it is so painful.

I did not expect to be hurt so badly from someone you thought you could trust. I didn't expect this from my Woohyun, the one I loved dearly after my dad..my Wooniee~

"No pa.. I'm very sure Woohyun wouldn't h-have l-left.his dad..his d-dad must have forced h-him.." Sungyeol spoke breaking the silence.

"Okay darling..don't cry" Mr Lee said with a hint of despair in his tone. He stood up straight, taking his hand phone out of his pockets as he dailed someone.

"Mr Park, could you do me favour? I need a small information on the list of passengers who bordered US airline, today? Could you check if there's anyone by the name Nam Woohyun listed? Alright, thank you" he ended the conversation with his personal assistant.

Wiping the welling tears on Sungyeol's cheeks, Mr Lee consoled his daughter that Woohyun wouldn't have left to US. Just then his phone rang.

"Yes Mr Park, ahaa..oh..okay...thank you..good night"

Sungyeol asked as she gazed into his brown orbs hoping some kinda of magic might happen. No! Woohyun will never leave me.

"Appa..Woohyun didn't leave right..."

"Appa!! Tell me"

"Uh..Pa!!"

Mr Lee shoke his head in silence as a tear escaped from his eyelids. Sungyeol tremble  as she wrapped her hands around her waist as if trying to hold herself up. Emotions took over her were no longer deny. She was a sobbing mess by then. All the accumulated anger, hurt, frustration came crushing upon her mind as she sobbed harder. Mr Lee pulled his daughter into his warmth, drawing circles on her back in hope his actions might east the pain she's going through. "Lets take a long route home..until the petrol finishes.."

With a nod of approval from Sungyeol, they drove off.

It was raining heavily when Sungyeol woke in the middle of no where in Buyeo. "Appa" she reached out for her dad but the was no response.

"Appa" she tried again, shaking his body lightly.

"Appa..please wake up..appa!!"

Fear buzzed in the back of her mind as she quickly called for the nearest hospital. With that Mr Lee was rushed to Buyeo National Hospital.

⇔♦⇔

Sungyeol's P.O.V

I sat on the bench in the waiting room after filling in the details for the operation. Its been 2 hours since dad was taken in the operation room, I couldn't help to hold up my tears. A single tear rolled out of my eye lid, as time passed fear took over as I felt my body tremble. 

My eyes burned, tears kept on flowing. The heat on my face was hot. My head felt heavy, emotions getting the best of me. I feel distant so much that i felt broken and lonely feeling in my chest. I had to force my breath feeling somewhat indescribable. It was too much to take. First Woohyun now Appa.

Appa...God, please..! i prayed in silence.

As a cue, the sliding door of the emergency room slid open breaking the painful awkward silence surrounded. "Sister, continue the drips for now also send the report to cardiologist. Who accompanied the patient? His family members anyone?"

I heard someone talking. My eyes followed them as I looked up at the surgeon with trembling lips and puffy red eyes from all the crying.

"Are you Mr Lee's daughter?" I nodded. "Miss, your father had his very first cardio attack. We did a minor surgery. Within 10 days we will shift him to the general ward. His perfectly fine now. We will keep him under observations for now." He finished, bowing and left the waiting room. I sighed in happiness.

'Thank you' I murmured thanking the almighty God. 


It's been 2 weeks from the last time Sungyeol saw Woohyun, there was no single phone calls, no messages, no nothing. Why Woohyun-ah? What have I done wrong?? 

While waiting in line at the pharmacy, Sungyeol got a call from a familiar number. It was from Hoya saying Woohyun committed suicide in his training camp at US. Sungyeol excused herself out of the line, her ears refused to digest the news.

"P-pardon? S-sorry Howon-shi..w-what di-did you ju-just sa-y?"

"I-I got a call from Mr Nam s-saying Woo--hyun woohyun co-committed s--suicide in his training c-camp." Her phone slip of her hold.

That was it, Sungyeol was heartbroken, her world came crushing down as she lost her consciousness, falling down hard on the ceramic floor. Sungyeol loss her awareness, eyelid fluttering up in seconds. That was her first seizures attack.

Like that, a hole in her heart formed as she spent 3 years reminiscing all the memories the two lovers spent together. Her heart broken, but it kept on beating for the sake of her dad. Her soul refused to accept the truth no matter what, it's a known universal truth - Woohyun is never coming back. 

Every time, thinking of Woohyun, a pole of fear steps on her heart. Eventually making her cry.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"I wore our promise on my fingers all this years. I'll wear your name in my heart till my last breath. Because we promised our future together" - Lee Sungyeol ❤



Hey guys, first and foremost I'm really sorry. I took my sweet time writing this story. Haha °ω°

Since my classes started, ive been busy with classes. I rarely have enough time for my own leisure.  I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading. Do comment, I would like to know your thoughts. Thanks again.

Good day all °ω°

Regards ~ Sheirly ❤