Chapter 3

Boy, Girl, Her Ex and His

A sigh of relieved leaves Sungyeol's lips. She huffed annoyed as tears started to build. Her eyes lids weaken as she tears up thinking of the miserable life she's living.

Why did i even agree to marry him! arghh she screamed in anger. " Such a pain!"


Sungyeol leaves to work early as always just to avoid the annoying face of her so called husband. 

"Haish! I can't take it anymore. Is there any possibilities for me to escape this ty life I'm living" Sungyeol sighed lying on her office desk.

"There is" a voice was heard causing her to jolt in surprise.

"Oh my Sungjoog-ah! Don't surprise me like that" she huffed. "And by the way where's the manner of knocking?" 

A small smile pasted on the said person " Unnii~~your cabin is always free for me to enter" Sungjoong said winking with a pout slightly visible.

"Haha, very funny Sungjoongie!..Oh by the way you were saying?" she asked challengingly, sitting up straight as she crossed her arms across her chest kitting her eyebrows to the younger. 

"Ahh..remember last week there was a circular that our HQ are recruiting new HR manager? Sungjoong questioned.

"Yeah..and why are you asking about it now? Are you planning to fill in??" Sungyeol asked fully focused on what the younger has to say.

"Oh dummy unni~~Im still a rookie for the matter of fact..I suggest you apply for that position since you know it's your jam" Sungjoong said smiling widely.

A wide dimple smile rose up Sungyeol's face. Finally i smell freedom.

"Aww, your such a sweet heart" Sungyeol cooed pinching Sungjoong cheeks causing the younger to pout.

"Thank you so much jonggie-ah" Sungyeol said walking out of her office.


Myungsoo returned back from work as usual in a drunken state. While humming, he knocked but was greeted by a pretty women other than his wife.

"Excuse me" said the pretty one almost yelling.

"Yes..Come in" replied Myungsoo totally unaware of his surroundings, feeling giddy.

"I'm taking to you mister" Sungjoong yelled, words laced with annoyance.

Myungsoo backed his body, his vision still blurry from the dizziness. "Did I come to the right house" he murmured, placing his hand on his lips looking around like a lost kid, whispering something only he could comprehend.

Sungjoong lost her patients, looking at the shamelessly pathetic human who is totally drunk. 'Is this even worth my time' Sungjoong questioned herself.

"You come home sozzled everyday..aren't you ashamed at yourself? Sungjoong barked at Myungsoo.

"It's midnight 12 and your in another man's house. Aren't you ashamed of it" he questioned back challenging the younger.

They continued to quibble, none of them was at the state of giving up. It went on for almost 15 minutes, Sungyeol couldn't take it as she stood up walking towards the two.

"Sungjoong it's enough. We'll talk about this tomorrow, leave now" Sungyeol said tired of listening to their bickering and crying. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Get lost" Myungsoo said skipping into his house earning a deathly glare from Sungyeol.


Sungyeol walked into their shared bedroom and as usual the night was full of tears. She clutched both her hands to her chest, crying her heard out. 

Myungsoo who was busy watching television, got annoyed by the sniffing and sobbing. He purposely increases the volume, simply to annoy his wife. 

The pain was unbearable, a sudden silence took place, brought Myungsoo wondering.

Sungyeol opened her eye lids, as the long lost fits attack made her fall from the bed. Myungsoo was shocked as he noticed an empty space beside him. He slowly crawled closer to the edge of the bed only to see Sungyeol lying on the cold ceramic floor.

Confused on what's happening, Myungsoo ran around his room finding metal to stop the attack. He spotted his car keys, in a glimpse of seconds he ran back to his wife.

Myungsoo immediately calls for an ambulance after he placing the keys onto Sungyeol's fingers. The drive to the hospital was overextended, Myungsoo who had no idea about his wife's sickness unconsciously holds her hand throughout the journey

>ω<

Sungyeol was rushed to the ICU. 

"Who accompanied the patient" asked the doctor walking out of the treatment room.

"It's him, doctor" replied the said nurse.

"What's her name?" the doctor questioned Myungsoo.

"Erm..it starts with the alphabet S...but i don't know doctor"

"What's her age?" the doctor questioned again in a bothersome tone.

"She must be-..hmm I don't know doctor" myungsoo snug the last sentence.

The doctor sighed, giving up.

"How are you related to her?" she questioned again. Pretty much not expecting the same 'I  don't know'

But this time, Myungsoo answered her.

"Husband" Myungsoo answered notably.

Sighing the doctor turn walking back "There's no point talking beyond this. His drunk" she said shaking her head. 'How can someone be so irresponsible'

Myungsoo was not thinking straight as he was still under the influence of alcohol. Feeling tipsy ,he slapped his checks few times before walking to the rest room.

Hooked up to machines, Sungyeol was treated via electric shocks. Myungsoo waited outside walking forward and back of the hallway as he witness doctors rushing with heavy equipments. 

Worrisome builds up in Myungsoo. He realized how silly it was to claim someone your wife but not knowing anything about the person. 

Myungsoo heard the conversation between the doctor and nurse. "She okay now..you can shift her to the normal ward.."

"Doctor" he called, causing the doctor to stop her pace. " Yes, tell me"

"Her name is Lee Sungyeol..age 24~

His words got cut by the doctor as she questioned him back causing Myungsoo's expression to drop.

"How long it's been since the two of you tied a knot"

Myungsoo hung his head low unable to face the doctor's judgement face. "Around 14 days" he struggled his sentence.

With a huff, the doctor started "Even if you don't like her, it's okay. But she's your wife! At least be aware of her medical details, it would come in handy at any case of emergency" 

Myungsoo felt useless at that moment, head hung low as possible.

"Also I've prescribed some heavy dosage, make sure she eats something before giving her the tablets. Take care, I will see you tomorrow" the doctor added walking towards her cabin living Myungsoo dumbfounded.

»»»»»~~»»»»»

So hey guys, im back with a new chapter. Here goes, thanks for reading and welcome new subbies 😃😊 I think I didn't mention Sungjoong as Sungyeol working mate. I'll add it on the character review. I guess that's all, enjoy reading and do leave a comment or two and yeah Happy Eid Mubarak to those celebrating 😃 .

Thank you ❤ 

Regards ~ Sheirly