Chapter Five

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think it’s going to work?” Hayi asked Hanbin as they walked to the bus stop outside school.

Hanbin glanced sideways at her. “The plan? No.”

Hayi sullenly kicked her feet against a small stone and it fell into the drain. She then glanced at him. “Why?”

Hanbin crossed his arms and knitted his eyebrows together. “Why do you care whether or not those two become friends?”

“Because it’s stupid that two best friends fell out of a small misunderstanding. After all, Junhoe was protecting Donghyuk from the truth.” Hayi replied.

Hanbin bit his lips as he chewed on her words.

“Are you going to help or not?” Her frustrated voice barged into his thoughts.

Hayi was staring at him, full of anticipation. “No.” He rejected flatly.

Hayi’s face fell and grew irritated. “Fine. I’ll get Bobby or Yunhyeong.”

Hanbin checked the bus schedule “Hayi, you better-” His words got cut off as Hayi suddenly leaned forward and patted his head. Her action caught him completely off guard. “What are you doing?”

"Good job for patching your friendship with Jinhwan. It’s a compliment, Baboon." She added with a grin.

Hanbin retaliated by flicking her forehead.

“Ow!” Hayi gasped.

“Don’t call me by the nickname.” Hanbin informed. 

Hayi paused, “But Baboon really suits you and it sounds affectionate.”

Hanbin gritted his teeth. “Never call me that in front of my friends.” He reiterated.

“Okay, it’s a secret between us.” Hayi sniggered.

Hanbin made a grumbling noise. “To be fair, I shall think of a nickname for you.”

Hayi put a finger to her lips, “Hmm, I prefer ‘Baby Doll’, ‘Angel’.” She beamed. 

Hanbin burst out laughing when he heard her suggestions. “How about ‘Food Monster’ because of your big appetite?”

Hayi lifted her head, looking offended.

“Yes, Food Monster?” Hanbin gave an innocent smile. 

“You!” She moved forward to whack his head.

Hanbin ducked her blow and cackled. “Exactly, now you know how I feel.”

“Baboon.” Hayi said under her breath.

Hanbin made a baboon face in reply.

“See! You really look like one!” Hayi howled excitedly.

Hanbin turned away quickly as several students approached the bus stop. They cast them a curious look. “Anyway, don’t worry about the boys. They’ll be fine.”

“Really?” She arched an eyebrow.

“Yes. So you better don’t do anything.” He advised.

“I won’t do anything.” She promised with a stern face.

Hanbin stared at her with a doubtful look. Somehow, he was not convinced that she would heed his words.

“Ooh! The bus’s here.” Hayi announced and beckoned Hanbin. They joined the queue and boarded the bus.

At the traffic junction, Hanbin noticed a group of young people loitering at the side alley from the bus.

“Isn’t that…” Hayi started, squinting through the windows.

It took Hanbin some time to recognize the student pinned against the wall. “Damn, it’s Donghyuk.” He said under his breath.

"You saw who’s getting bullied?" Hayi’s eyes widened.

Hanbin shot up and reached for the bell urgently. “I need to get off. Ahjussi!" He squeezed his way past Hayi, who was staring with wide. He stumbled down from the bus.

“Hanbin!” Hayi was in frenzy. She darted another look at out of the window and blanched when she saw the older boys attacking Donghyuk. 

"Ahjussi! Stop!" Hayi cried and the moving bus screeched to an emergency stop.

Several passengers yelped as they jerked forward abruptly.

"Hey!"

“What the hell?” A man cursed.

Hayi tossed an apologetic look to the passengers on board and pleaded the driver to open the doors. When the doors flung open, she darted down the steps and ran in the same direction that Hanbin just went. At the same time, she took out her handphone out and dialled Bobby’s number.

The line got through but no one was picking up the call. 

“Come on…" Hayi listened to the ringtone in dismay. 

 

++++++++++

 

Everything seemed so surreal. A while back, Donghyuk was talking to his girlfriend, wanting an explanation for the breakup. The next moment, a group of men showed up and yanked him away from Hyosung.

When Donghyuk raised his head, he was surprised to see his girl smiling at the group of strangers.

“Oppa!”

“Didn’t I tell you to wait inside, Hyosung?” The taller dark haired man chided her softly.

Donghyuk widened his eyes. "Who are you?”

“Was he the boyfriend?” The man asked grimly and Hyosung nodded.

His lip formed a thin line as he glanced in his direction.

“Where are you taking Hyosung?” Donghyuk yelled as he struggled to get away from his captor. He was not going to blatantly watch his girlfriend being taken away.

"Donghyuk... I'm sorry..." The girl looked back with a terrible expression on her face and strutted off with the man.

“Let me go!” Donghyuk looked wildly at his captors. Before he had his reply, he was rammed against the wall.

A painful cry escaped his mouth as he tumbled to the ground.

"He looks weak. Are you sure he was Hyo’s boyfriend?” Donghyuk heard a snickering voice over him.

“Ex-boyfriend.” Another person corrected.

Donghyuk spat saliva on the ground and forced himself to stand up. He faced the man, who had taken his girlfriend away earlier. “Where is Hyosung?” He demanded.

“Hey, Mino. He's getting delirious.”

The man called Mino narrowed his eyes. “Are you talking about my girlfriend?”

Mino jabbed his shoulder rudely. “Hey…”

"Hyosung’s my girlfriend.” Donghyuk stated.

Mino snorted. “She was your girlfriend. We’ve been dating for a month.” He revealed.

Donghyuk faltered. “Impossible. You’re joking.”

Mino looked pointedly at him. “Why would I joke? Hyosung and I met at the club once and we hit off pretty well.”

 “Hyosung doesn’t go to club, she is underage.” Donghyuk pointed out sharply.

Mino gave a sceptical look. “Really? I guess you don’t know her well enough. Hyosung could be hot and sassy in her club outfit.” He said brazenly and the boys behind him snickered.

Donghyuk stared blankly at them.

Mino cackled. He whipped out his phone and found the pictures that he wanted the junior to see. “See for yourself.”

Donghyuk’s face paled. He could barely recognize Hyosung in heavy makeup. She was scantily dressed leaning against Mino’s chest. An unbelieving feeling filled his heart as he fought back his tears.

“Hyosung would never betray me…” His voice quivered. 

Mino moved closer and spoke. "Well, the story I heard from her was that she broke up with her boyfriend, that’s why I agreed to go ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter