Chapter Seventeen

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The movie’s so boring…” Junhoe lamented as he pelted another popcorn into the air and tried to catch it with his mouth.  

“What’s next?” Donghyuk stretched his legs and yawned widely.

“I’m hungry, shall we go for dinner?” Chanwoo closed the magazine on gadgets and looked at his friends.

“Hyung! Are you done?” Donghyuk hollered.

Before Bobby could reply, they heard sounds of keys jingle and unlocking of the door. The next moment Hanbin stormed into the apartment, shouting. “Kim Jiwon! Why are you at my house?”

“Oh no. He really came back.” Donghyuk shot up from his seat and stared at Junhoe in horror.

“That’s fast.” He replied cynically.

“Hayi noona!” Chanwoo waved.

“Hello, you guys are in real trouble.” Hayi remarked.

Chanwoo’s big smile faltered.

She strode nonchalantly around the apartment. Does he live here by himself? If he does, the place is really clean and tidy for a guy.

“Why are you here? I thought you’re having a housewarming party?” Junhoe broke her train of thoughts.

“To make sure Bobby still lives later.” Jinhwan retorted on her behalf.

Yunhyeong followed him behind closely and cleared his tongue. “You guys are so dead.”

“We cleaned up the mess already.” Donghyuk said defiantly.

“Where are you, Kim Jiwon?” Hanbin called out.

“Here.” A small voice answered and Hanbin made his way to the kitchen.

“Welcome home.” Bobby sat at the kitchen counter and wagged his fingers gleefully at him.  

Hanbin grew livid at the sight and stormed towards him. “What are you doing here?” He pulled Bobby up by his ear.

Bobby jumped at once and struggled to get away from his grip. “Ow! That hurts!”

“Cool down, Hanbin.” Jinhwan advised. 

Hanbin reluctantly let go of his friend. “What are you doing at my house?” he snarled.

“I came to borrow your oven.” Bobby answered and pointed at the tray of freshly baked cookies on the kitchen counter. “I was going to bring them to the housewarming party.”

“You said you weren’t going.” Hanbin snapped.

“Yeah, not without a present.” Bobby replied.

Hayi suddenly appeared behind Yunhyeong and overheard their conversation. “Cookies for me?”

Bobby grabbed the cookie jar and passed it to her. “Uh huh, it’s a surprise for you.”

“I thought you were angry at me.” Hayi said quietly.

“And why would I be angry at you, teddy bear?” He laughed.

Hanbin rolled his eyes and smacked Bobby’s arm to focus his attention at him. “How did you get into my house?”

Bobby gave a sheepish grin. “Eh…”

“Me.” A cheery voice answered his question.

Hanbin tilted his head behind and balked. “Hyung?”

The tall young man smiled charismatically at him. “Hello.”

“Hongseok hyung! Save me!” Bobby suddenly yelled and darted to the man.

Hanbin looked exasperatedly at his friend’s cowardice. “When did you come back?” He addressed the older man.

“This morning.” Hongseok replied. “Jinhyeong, you can place those bags at the counter.”

Hanbin raised his eyebrow at his housemate.   “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming back today?”

Hongseok gave him a look. “Talk later. I bought pizza! Who’s hungry?”

The three boys at the living room got to their feet at once.  

++++++++++

Hanbin had given up the thought of getting his friends to leave his apartment. After dinner, all twelve of them gathered in his living room and started to play Truth or Dare. 

“I’m spinning!” Jinhwan, who lost the previous game announced.

The others automatically edged away from the empty glass bottle.

“Don’t cheat, noona! Hands away.” Chanwoo pointed accusingly at Hayi.

“Brat.” Hayi mouthed and moved away. Her eyes fixed at the empty soda bottle spinning on the small table. After watching Jinhwan did his awkward y dance earlier, she really hoped that she would never get picked for the game.

“This is taking too long.” Bobby yawned while stretching his hands.

“Be patient.” Jinhwan snapped.

Hayi pursed her lips and watched the bottle finally come to a stop. Her stomach turned inward and she groaned softly.

Bobby perked his head upwards, his lips curled upwards. “Hoho! It’s teddy bear.”

Hayi stared down at the green bottle and realized that it was facing between Hanbin and her. “No! It’s Hanbin!” She cried in delight..

Someone kicked the table leg and the bottle tilted towards her. “It’s obviously you.” Hanbin stated breezily.

“Hey! Not fair!” Hayi complained loudly.

Hanbin shrugged his shoulders and stuck out his tongue in reply. “You’re mean!” She slapped his arm and the boy winced in pain.

“Yah, Lee Hayi. That hurts!” He shot her a dirty look.

“Serve you right.” She snapped.

“So violent, noona.” The youngest male snickered, shaking her head.

Hayi turned her head and leered. “What did you say, Chanwoo?”

Feeling intimidated, he sank back against the wall. “Nothing...”

Junhoe tapped Hayi's shoulder and wagged his fingers at her. “Hurry, choose truth or dare.”

Hayi scowled at the boys.

“Knowing Hayi’s character, I think she will choose truth.” Yunhyeong replied with a thoughtful look.

Hanbin felt his lips curl up as he watched Hayi think hard.

“Who says so?” She said defiantly.

“So you’re choosing dare?” Bobby’s eyes shone brightly. He looked around the house, seeking for inspirations.

Hayi winced. The way Bobby rubbed his hands and his devilish smirk scared her. “Wait a minute, I choose truth!” She threw her hands up.

There were boos erupting from everyone at once.

“I knew it…” Hanbin said under his breath. She could sense sarcasm in his tone.

Junhoe snickered while Jimin gave her a disappointing look. 

“Come on, Hayi.”

Hayi cleared and announced. “Fine, I choose dare.”

“Oh yeah!” The boys jumped in excitement.

Donghyuk pumped his fist happily.

“Don’t make me do stupid thing like dancing y.” Hayi warned.

“Nah…  Jimin has done that.” Bobby shook his head strongly. 

“No, we won’t make you do that.” Donghyuk promised.

“Hmm… What about kissing someone within the group?” Jimin suggested.

Hayi blinked. What did she just say?  “Yah Park Jimin!” She started.

Bobby whistled. “Whoa! I like that idea!”

“You’re brilliant.” Jinhwan patted Jimin on her back and she threw him a dagger stare.

“Yah!”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean anything.” Jinhwan replied quickly. 

“Guys!” Hayi cried but the group of excited boys drowned her voice. She turned and pranced on the girl with a loathing look. “Park Jimin…”

Sensing trouble, Jimin shrieked and leaped away from Hayi. “Hug! I mean a hug!” She squealed and escaped from her spot.

“Come back!” Hayi ordered.

Jimin chuckled loudly as she made her way to the bathroom. Hanbin watched her pathetic self in amusement.

“No one’s going to take you seriously.” He said, laughing his head off. Hayi threw him a dirty look and sat down with her arms folded.

Hongseok came back from the kitchen with his fist clenched with straws. Hayi’s eyes darted to the straws then to the boy, who was flashing his sheepish grin. He captured everyone’s attention with his deep voice. “Draw a straw. The person who gets a straw with the end snipped off will get to do the dare with Hayi.”

“Kiss!” Chanwoo pumped his fist.

“No kissing!” Hayi snapped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter