Chapter Four

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanwoo spotted Hayi in the canteen and waved excitedly at her. “Over here, Hayi noona!”  He shouted. Hayi waved back and turned to Hanbin.

“Are you getting drinks?” His smile faded when he realized Hayi was waving at his friends.

“Noona! Hyung! Come sit down!” Chanwoo greeted brightly.

“Hello!” Hayi grinned back.

“I see you actually convinced Hanbin out of his hideout. Well done!” Yunhyeong praised.

“Of course!” She said triumphantly.

Hanbin scowled. How did she become friends with the boys so fast? He glanced across the table and the boy in arm cast caught his eyes.

"Hyung..." Junhoe mumbled.

Hanbin returned a stiff nod. He told himself mentally that he should not feel apologetic for the boy’s fractured arm.

Hayi chattered with Yunhyeong on the new history project. “Hanbin’s joining us.” She told him happily.

Hanbin looked taken aback. “When did I agree?”

“Hanbin’s good in history. We’ll do well.” Yunhyeong affirmed.

“Hey…” Hanbin protested but his friends openly ignored him and continued their conversation.

“Bobby was saying that we could visit a graveyard.” Yunhyeong said.

Hayi flinched and shook her head fiercely. “No way!”

“But graveyard is a great idea. A place filled with history.”

“Wow, can I come with you?” Chanwoo asked excitedly.

Hayi rolled her eyes. “No offense, but you mean dead people?”

Yunhyeong laughed.

Junhoe was having difficulty to use the chopsticks with his left hand. After several attempts, he still could not feed himself with a piece of kimchi. Frustrated, he smacked down his chopsticks and pushed his tray away.

Hayi gasped at the spill. "Do you need help?" She asked.

Junhoe shot her an angry look. “None of-” He did not complete his sentence as he caught Hanbin’s disapproving look.

“Don’t help him.” He stated with hostility.

“Huh? Why?”

Yunhyeong exchanged nervous glances with Hayi. "Ahem, guys..." he began.

“I don’t need help anyway.” Junhoe grunted and picked up his chopsticks again. Hanbin still had his eyes fixed on Junhoe in case he says something offensive to Hayi.

"Junhoe, why don’t you tell everyone the truth?" Chanwoo said suddenly. He could not tolerate his hyungs treating Junhoe as if he is the bad guy.  

“What truth?” Yunhyeong asked, looking confused.

“Jung Chanwoo.” Junhoe warned.

“Hyosung was two-timing Donghyuk and another guy all along.”

Everyone rounded their eyes in surprise.

“What?” Yunhyeong gawked.

“Chanwoo...” Junhoe said under his breath.

“Junhoe found out that day and went to confront that girl. Donghyuk happened to pass by and thought they-” 

“Shut your mouth, Chanwoo!” Junhoe roared and swept his food tray across the table. The metal tray fell with a crashing sound; the unfinished rice and sides spilled all over the ground.

Hayi swallowed dryly. Goodness.

Hanbin and Yunhyeong looked grave.

The commotion caught everyone’s attention. “It’s iKon. They’re at it again.” Some shook their heads in contempt.

 

The angry boy stood up and kicked his chair away. A hand grabbed him and he threw Chanwoo a dark look.

Hanbin saw the discipline master making his way towards them. “Sit down, Junhoe.” He ordered.

“Didn’t I tell you to shut your mouth?” Junhoe waved Chanwoo off.

“Junhoe…” Chanwoo whimpered, sounding apologetic. “I didn’t mean…”

“Junhoe! Come back!” Yunhyeong called as the boy stormed out of the place.

“What happened here?” Cannonball strode to their table and pointed at the mess on the floor. "Did you do this?" He stared accusingly at the boys and Hayi.

Hanbin spoke up first. “It was me. My hands slipped and accidentally dropped the tray onto the floor. I’ll clean it up.”

“You better.” Cannonball growled and pranced off to catch other misbehaving students.

Hayi now understood why the students gave him that nickname. 

“What do we do, hyung?” Chanwoo asked around the table anxiously.

Hanbin made a stoic face.

“Tell us everything that you know.” Yunhyeong stated quietly.

 

++++++++++

 

After lunch, they gathered Jinhwan and Bobby at the back of the classroom. When Yunhyeong revealed the truth behind the fight, both boys looked bewildered.

“Huh?” Jinhwan gaped.

Bobby pounded his fist onto the desk, making Hayi jump. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” He added quickly.

“I know.” She said sheepishly.

Jinhwan ran a hand through his hair and huffed. “I can’t believe this happened. What was Junhoe thinking of? Was he trying to persuade Hyosung to return to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter