Chapter Twenty-four

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you check where Lee Hayi is? I was told that she’s in this hospital.” Hyunjoo anxiously asked one of the nurses in the emergency room. Kijoon followed behind closely; he had given her a ride to the hospital after apprehending Junghyuk.

“Lee Hayi?” The nurse scanned through her computer screen. “She’s doing a medical examination in room 3 now.” She pointed her the direction.
“Thanks.” Hyunjoo walked frantically to the room.

Kijoon pulled his colleague aside and held her arm. “Hyunjoo, you should receive medical treatment. Your arm’s bleeding.”

“I’m fine.” Hyunjoo glanced at her injury and waved Kijoon away. “I’ve to make sure that my girl is okay first.”

Just then, Hayi walked out of the room with Sukhoon and Hanbin. “There she is.” She hurried towards them.

“Hanbin, thanks for rescuing my daughter.” Sukhoon said.

“No mention, Ahjusshi.” Hanbin answered.

“I can’t wait to go home and have a hot shower.” Hayi announced, yawning widely. She stopped when she saw her mother rush towards them.

“Hayi, are you alright?”

Hayi nodded grimly. “I’m alright. Just some scratches.”

“You’re here.” Sukhoon greeted his ex-wife. “Hi, Kijoon.” He made eye contact with the man.

“Hyung.” Kijoon glanced at Hyunjoo and ran his fingers through his hair. “I shall go get a drink from the canteen. See you.” He bowed.

“Are you alright Hayi?” Hyunjoo started to examine her closely. ”I’m so sorry. You got kidnapped because of me.” She whimpered.

“I’m alright… Omma.” Hayi added awkwardly and moved away.

Hyunjoo watched her in disbelief. Did she hear wrongly? “Hayi…”  

Sukhoon broke the silence between the pair. “Come on, Hyunjoo, you’re injured.”

“Oh I’m alright.” Hyunjoo glanced at her cut without a care.

“Come with me. I’ll clean your wound.” Sukhoon gestured a bit and dragged her to the treatment room with Kijoon following behind.  

“We’ll look for you later.” Hyunjoo turned her head to Hayi and Hanbin, who were walking towards the elevator.

“Anyway, Hayi-” He pressed the lift button and looked at her.

Hayi turned her head slightly. “Yeah?”

“Thanks for coming back, teddy bear.” He said casually.

Hayi scowled. “Don’t call me a teddy bear!”

Hanbin chuckled and ruffled her hair messily. “But you really look like a teddy bear, so small and adorable.” They walked into the lift.

Hayi flared and raised her fist. “Yah, Kim Han-”

Hanbin dodged her punch, leaned forward and pecked her cheek.

The peck caught Hayi by surprise. “What… was that for?” She stammered.

“Nothing.” Hanbin shrugged nonchalantly, hiding a sheepish smile at her flushed cheeks.

“Explain yourself.” Hayi demanded indignantly.

“Oh okay,” Hanbin lowered his head and kissed her lips as a matter of fact. “I like you, Lee Hayi. Would you like to go our with me?”

Hayi gaped at him in embarrassment. “That’s not fair.”

“What’s not fair?” Hanbin scoffed.

“I didn’t expect you to ask me so suddenly. You didn’t give me time to prepare.” She stammered.

“Prepare what?” Hanbin asked.

“My feelings.” Hayi said quietly.

“So do you like me?” Hanbin held his breath, waiting for her reply expectedly.

Hayi paused a few moments before nodding her head.

Hanbin broke into a huge smile and scooped her up excitedly. “You agree to be my girlfriend!”  

“Oh my god! Be careful of my arm!”

That afternoon before Hayi discharged from the hospital, she went to look for Mino.

“May I come in, oppa?”

Mino looked up from his magazine and saw Hayi grinning from the door. “Of course, come in.” He put his magazine away.

“Hello, Hayi.” Danah waved happily from her seat.  

“Hi, Danah. This is for you.” Hayi put the fruit basket on the side table. “I heard you got stabbed while rescuing me. Does your wound still hurt?”

Mino patted his stomach lightly and winked. “Don’t worry, I’m fine.”

“Stop faking.” Danah jeered and stared at him with a smirk. “You were complaining how painful it was after the surgery.”

He threw a disdained look at his sister before turning to Hayi. “Don’t listen to her, I’m fine.”

Danah chuckled.

“I’m sorry.” Hayi gave an apologetic look.

Mino shook off her apology with a shrug. “Oh come on, I’m really alright. Don’t worry.”

“Says the man.” Danah chuckled. “Would you like an apple?” She asked Hayi, holding up an apple from her fruit basket.

“That will be nice.” Hayi replied.

Danah nodded and picked another apple from the basket. “This is for you, oppa. I will be back soon, meanwhile help yourself to the drinks, Hayi.”  

“Come over and have a seat.” Mino pointed her to the chair next to his bed.

Hayi looked around the room. “Oppa, when are you getting discharged?”

“Probably another two days? The doctor wants to make sure that I don’t get any infection.” Mino answered, eyeing her carefully. How about you? Are you feeling better?”

Hayi nodded. “I’m getting discharged today. To begin with, I didn’t sustain any injury.” She beamed. “Thanks for saving me.”

“I didn’t do much.” Mino replied nonchalantly.

“Hey… You getting stabbed in the course of saving me, that’s a big thing.” Hayi uttered.

“How will you want to repay that debt?” Mino asked.

Hayi raised her brows. “What do you mean?”

“Come over.” He beckoned from his bed.

Hayi walked towards him and he pulled her closer. “Mino oppa…”

“Well, you can pay that debt with all your life.” Mino cleared his throat nervously. “Shall we date?”

She looked astounded with mouth open. “Oppa…”

Mino looked expectantly at Hayi.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I can’t be your girlfriend.” She said honestly.

“Is it because of that bloke?”

“Hanbin asked me to be his girlfriend. I’m sorry.” She added softly.

“Why are you apologizing? Wait, I was kidding about dating you. Hayi I won’t fall in love with a kiddo like you.” Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter