II. When tomorrow comes

Second chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Baekhyun

 

Soft, sun rays made its way inside the room as it illuminates the surrounding. The fresh, cool sea breeze enters as the curtains sway dancing with the wind. The chirping of the birds sounds melodious as if humming a tune. Clear, blue sky and crystal clear sea water looks scenic in the background. It is a beautiful day to start a new life.

 

The petite male on the makeshift bed stirred awake. Slowly, he opens his eyes and pulling himself to sit. He rubs his eyes tiredly with his slender fingers. Stretching his limbs as his bones pop a crack satisfying him. The brown-haired man stares at the scene outside his bedroom. From the inside, he could see the ocean with its small waves. He can't help but smile. What a wonderful day to start my new life. Baekhyun thought as fresh air fills his lungs. He puts away the makeshift bed and scans his room. Hmm, I need to redecorate this room.


It was only 7 o'clock in the morning, Baekhyun decided to drink his choco on the balcony of his room. He brought with him a few packs of his favorite chocolate drink, but since, he barely moved in yesterday, he just put it in his tumbler (which luckily still has water inside).

 

He needs to shop for furniture and appliances for his new home. The house is fully furnished, but it barely has anything inside. But Baekhyun was glad, for he has the chance to decorate his own house and it was a reminder that he has the freedom and control with his life. While drinking his choco, he also list down the things that he needs to buy (he also takes a mental note to clean after shopping). And soon after, the man was off to go to the town to shop.

 

Baekhyun sighs as he saw that his wallet only has a few bills on it mixed with his cards. Puffing his cheeks, he walks to a security and asked where can he find the nearest bank. He can't use his credit card or else his parents will know his whereabouts. He enters a local bank and withdraw from the account. He sighs in relief when he got the cold cash. If he didn't transfer his funds from his old bank for sure he'll be doomed. At least he was fast enough to transfer some of his money to another bank. 

 

Baekhyun is sure that his parents froze all of his cards and bank accounts. Because his parents, especially his Appa, Heechul, won't let him get away with this. Thinking about facing his father's wrath sent shivers down his spine. He brushed off these thoughts and resumed his shopping.

 

It was already passed 2 in the afternoon when he came back on his abode. He dropped his shopping bags and thanked the tricycle driver who helped him with his bags. Tired from almost half a day of shopping and his limbs screaming for rest, he sat on the only bean bag in the living room. He's tired and hungry. But nevertheless, he went to the kitchen and arranged the groceries he bought.

 

Listing down the furniture and appliances he bought plus the grocery list, Baekhyun realized how much money he spent on his first day alone. He feels like crying. Yes, he does have money left in his account, but it won't last forever (he just transferred what he thinks is enough). He was thankful that he already bought the beach house a few months ago through his cousin when they had a vacation in Baler. There are few complimentary furniture and appliances left on by the former owner, but that's all.

 

It's tiring to move in alone, huh?! He thought as he eyes the blue house. It looked empty. Baekhyun wonders who is the owner who gets to buy it first. Then, he went back to list his accounts. A few hours later, his stomach grumbles then he decided to call it a day and proceeds to his kitchen to cook dinner.

---

 

The continuous knocks on the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter