VI. Fateful Encounter

Second chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEVER.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like NEVER did Baekhyun think that they'll meet again a week after his birthday. It's way sooner than he thought.

 

 

 

 

 

NEVER did it crossed Baekhyun's mind that the second time he'll meet Chanyeol is under the bright moon. That's quite a shady coincidence.

 

 

 

 

 

Never did Chanyeol think that he'll meet Baekhyun sooner than he thought. He didn't think that he'll see him again like, like this. Not even in his wildest dreams will he meet Baekhyun or anyone for that matter in an awkward encounter like this.

 

 

 

 

 

Never did it crossed Chanyeol's mind that maybe, just maybe, fate plays a huge joke with his life.

 

 

 

 

 

Never did Baekhyun NOR Chanyeol think that they'll meet again under such circumstances.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like who will think that skinny dipping is a great idea at past 12 midnight? That's crazy. Well, unfortunately, Baekhyun didn't think that it's a crazy idea at all. He thought that it's a great idea to go to the beach at the wee hours of the night, he's correct, right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Insert Chanyeol here. Well, that's where happens. Fortunately, Baekhyun isn't the only one who thinks that taking a dip at the sea at past 12mn is a good idea. Chanyeol seems to think that no one will be at the beach at this hour and it's fine to go for a quick swim. Woops!

 

 

 

Chanyeol's tired from moving things in his home. An he called -hun who is unfortunately his best friend who ditched him to go to god knows where and hasn't been back to help him arrange his things to his new home. There are only a few furniture that he brought with him but it doesn't make things easier for him. -hun instructed the movers to arrange his things weeks ago before he moved in today. He only brought a few important things that is extremely fragile and confidential. It was already dark when he went out of the basement and decided to call it a day.

 

The blonde male sprawled his limbs on the couch and fell asleep. And when he woke up it was almost midnight. With all the sweat and dust he collected, a quick shower sounds good to him. The flourescent from the kitchen is the only source of light in his dark house. While stretching his muscles, his eyes saw the glistening sea water outside. Hmmmm, a swim sounds good to me, he thought.

 

The tall surfer tossed his shirt on top of his flip flops. He'll just swim a few laps to lose some knots on his muscles. That's all. No harm. Or so he thought.

 

 

Stupid, stupid Baekhyun! The silver-haired male hit his head as he continues scolding himself. Baekhyun internally strangles himself. What the , Byun Baekhyun! Just what the , you stupid midget! Kyungsoo's right I'm ing stupid for my own good. ARGH!

 

He really wants to drown himself in the tub or maybe in the sea but on the second thought, he ditched his plan. It's at the sea where all of this started. And he can't help but blush out of embarrassment. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE BAEKHYUUUUUUUUUUUUN DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! He let out a strangled noise.

 

He wants to die. He wants the earth to swallow him whole and run away from this humiliating encounter.

 

Why, tonight, out of all nights did he thought of swimming in the sea? Why did he thought of skinny dipping? Just whyyyyyy? And why out of all people must it be Chanyeol who saw him like that? Why is he there anyway? A lot of whys bombarded his head. The small male hit his head on the tiled bathroom wall. This is just a dream. Just a dream. A dream.

 

And before he knew it, he was in the shower for almost an hour. He convinced himself that it is all a dream until he fall asleep.

 

 

 

Of course, it was no surprise that when he woke up the next morning he was greeted by a coughing fit and a running nose. Well, who stays in the shower for an hour til 2 in the morning? Baekhyun. Just Baekhyun. The constant knocking on his door sync with the pounding of his head. Great. How can he go to the hospital now that he is sick?

 

Coming, he tries (and fails) to shout at the guest who can't stop banging on his door. His throat hurts and his voice hoarse as he makes his way to the front door. He struggles to walk and his headache is not getting better. The stress he has this past few months took a toll in his body. And because of his carelessness a few hours ago, his body broke down. His body screams rest.

 

Baekhyun practically drags himself to his front door. He looks pathetic. No scratch that, he feels pathetic. After a few minutes of struggling, he finally arrived and unlocked the door to see who's the intruder who woke him up early in the morning. "H-hello?" He croaks.

 

He was blinded by the sunlight when he opened the door but a tall figure hovers him. "Uhm, Baekhyun?" A familiar deep voice called him. "Hey, Baekhyun, you look pale. Are you alright?"

 

"C-chan-yeol?" He tries to open his eyes to see the tall man. But his eyelids are droopy and body feels heavy. He's a little drowsy. "Why are y-ou here?"

 

"What happened to you?" he asks as he ignores the question thrown by the smaller. He pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter