V. Three, Two... One

Second chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"As a beginner, here are a few things that you should know." The taller male said as they reached the beach. It's just a few a feet outside the surf shack and the sea itself. There are a lot of guests having fun. Some are sun bathing. Some are surfing. A deep cough brought Baekhyun back at the lessons.

 

Baekhyun flushed red in embarrassment. It's not that he's not paying attention to the blonde male. If Baekhyun is being honest, he'll say that he's overconcious being near the male. Why the hell they don't have any staff at the moment. And why the hell does Chanyeol became my instructor? It's my birthday, why can't I have a peaceful day for my birthday. Why is he here anyway!!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyyy! The petite male is having an inner turmoil. He's ripping his hair inside his head. 

 

Well, here's what happened to their mini reunion back in the shack.

 

The stranger is not a stranger at all.


 In front of him, stands a now blonde-haired man. The man whom he had seen only thrice. Once in a photograph, during their dinner and in a tailoring shop. Standing in front of Byun Baekhyun is the Park Chanyeol. The man he's supposed to marry. The same man he ditched on their wedding day. Baekhyun's mouth gapes in disbelief. 


The blonde male has the same shocked expression and disbelief displayed on both of their faces. Mouth gapes open as he looks down at the silver-haired male in front of him.


 "Byun Baekhyun." he mouths. 

 

 The blonde man had just finished surfing. He swiftly puts on his shirt on his still wet body. The thin material sticks to him like second skin. Both girls and guys stop and stare at him. Well, who wouldn't? A tall and handsome man with a body that is probably sculpted by the hands of fine artists. Also, his blonde hair sticks out and gains attraction amidst the crowd. Aside from that, he's holding a surfboard on his left arm. And damn those biceps or triceps, yeah triceps, showing for the whole world to see. Who wouldn't stare at this fine piece of meat, I mean, art.  You can't really blame the girls and gays who let out their feels.

 

But the center of attention remains oblivious. He puts the board on the surf stand as he walks his way inside the shack. Damn, Oh where are you? You bastard.

 

He saw a small male standing in front of the cashier who remains frozen on her spot. (Poor cashier!) The male tried snapping his fingers on the cashier girl but to no avail. And so, the tall male intervene. 

 

"What's the problem here?" The deep, baritone voice startled the petite man. He turned around and meet the tall man's toned chest. And a look of familiarity and realization hit them both.

 

Disbelief. Horror. And a plethora of holy s, what the s, and is this reals. The two males share the same thoughts running through their heads.

 

Baekhyun wanted to run. Even though he only saw him thrice, and yeah, twice personally, but he knew that face and stature. He knew that he is tall. He wasn't informed that he was this tall but then again, he never really went near the tall male. And he tried to skip their dinner before and said he had a stomachache (obviously, he failed). Well, you can't really blame him. He would rather rot inside his room.

 

Don't get him wrong. It's not that he hates Chanyeol. But he doesn't like him either. It's just that the idea of getting married to him that stopped him from getting to know the giant. They could've been friends if they met under different circumstances.

 

The last time he saw him was back in the tailoring shop for their wedding suits. And if Baekhyun remembers clearly, Chanyeol is sporting a red hair back then. But now, the latter has a blonde hair crowning his head. One thing that he remembers about him is his elf-like ears. It was one of Park Chanyeol's prominent features, according to Baekhyun of course. The man in front of him has yoda like ears. Baekhyun thinks it's cute. 

 

The small male was in awe. This is the first time he saw him up close. Damn, he's handsome. Baekhyun thinks how someone can be that handsome. His face should be illegal. Argh, stop it, Byun! Wake up! He blinks. 

 

Why is he here anyways? Wait? Is he here to run away from embarrassment I've caused him? Or did he follow me here to make me pay for my sins? Oh good Lord not my poor soul. Save me from this nightmare. Baekhyun prays. Questions bombarded the silver head's mind. An awkward cough wakes him up from his reverie.

 

"Uhm, sir, he's looking for an instructor but no one's available right now since, we're fully booked. And there's no board available either." The poor cashier is finally out of her trance. Thank God! I could just surf next time!

 

But it seems like Chanyeol has a different plan.

 

"It's alright. I'll take care of it."

 

Baekhyun could only mutter under his breath, KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. He cursed the poor instructor inside his head.

 

 

"So, are you ready for the lesson or not?" Chanyeol asked him with one of his brows quirk. Baekhyun is not the type to back down from challenges. If this Park is making him pay for his stunt (which is ditching him) on their wedding, he won't let him. He wasn't even sure if this man is being nice or being an . He simply huffs and nods as an answer.

 

"Okay. First things first, you should know the basic parts of the board so that when I tell where to put your hand, you'll know." The blonde continuously said as he picks up the board. "The bottom part here is the tail and this is where the leash is located which should be linked around your ankle on your back foot. The deck is where you will lay your body and beside it is called the rail. When I tell you to hold on the rail this is where you'll hold unto. And opposite the tail is the nose. Also, at the back of the board, there are these which are called the fins like what a fish has."

 

He nods to whatever his instructor is saying. He's trying to put it in his head. Baekhyun flinched when he felt Chanyeol's hand on his arm. He widens his eyes. . Why the hell is he touching me? "Hey, is there something wrong?" That's what I want to ask too! What the hell is wrong with me I mean YOU? 

 

"N-nothing. I was just engrossed on the board's parts. Ha ha." What's with the awkward laugh. Ugh. I'm going bald.

 

"Then, put this leash on the foot you want to use when standing on the board." He gets the leash and tied it on his right foot well, the place above the ankle whatever it is called.

 

"You need to secure it firmly on your foot because this is attached to the board." The smaller of the two stiffens as the instructor bends down and securely put the leash. Too close.

 

"First, you lay your body on the board. Your feet should be a little bit above where the leash is placed." Baekhyun did what he was told to do. The blonde instructor moved his feet slightly above the leash. Stop touching me. "Here. You need to remember this because you need to balance yourself on the board." He could feel his face flushing from the contact. He's not sure if it's because of anger or embrassment or maybe something else.


"Okay, next is," The instructor laid down beside him demonstrating the next step, "When I see the wave, I'll tell you to get ready then hold unto the rail and bend your right leg." The smaller of the two hold on each side of the board and slightly bend his leg. "No, bend it a little more." The instructor touches his leg to make it bend. Ugh. Too much skinship. Good Lord why you do this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 "Then after the next signal, you need to put your hands beside your chest to support yourself. Your chest should be slightly above the board but not too much. Also, eyes in front." Baekhyun watched in awe as his instructor teaches him seriously. He thinks he's handsome like that. The sunlight makes the intructor's slightly tan skin shines. The poor male gulps. I've no time for this. No, Byun, stop it. He's handsome and so what?


"And finally, when I give the final signal and push your board, slowly stand up on the board. You shouldn't be too slowly but not too quick either to stand on the board. When you're nearing the shore, you can jump off of the board." Chanyeol swiftly stands on the sand as he ends the lessons. He shakes off the sand that clings on his shirt.


"So here are a few reminders, you shouldn't block the board. You should swim away or avoid it when it comes to you. You'll be hurt if it hits you. Also, don't be afraid to fall. Even the best surfers fall down sometimes. And when you fall into the water you can haul the board back to you by pulling the leash. If you're not a good swimmer you can use the board to paddle back to the shore." He reminded the amateur surfer. A small smile appears on his lips as way to encourage the small man.


"Okay. Are you ready?" He stiffly nods his head as an answer. "Let's go."

 

When they were on the waist-deep part of the sea the blonde instructor said, "You can lay down the board. I'll just guide it further."

 

"Okay." Baekhyun tried to sit on the board. But he failed. Everytime he tries to put his leg on the other side of the board, it will only just flip, dropping the amateur surfer. It was frustrating in Baekhyun's part. However, the tall instructor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter