VII. Here comes T R O U B L E

Second chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Baekhyun abruptly closed his eyes and released an ear-splitting, high pitched scream. "Why the are you ?" The statement sounds so wrong in his ears as he said it to the , well, half- man on his bed.

 

"I can see that you are perfectly fine now if you have that much energy first thing in the morning." The tall surfer sleepily mumbled as he yawn and scratched his eye to remove sleep from him.

 

"C-can you release m-me now?" The shorter stuttered as he feels his face reddened from being flustered. Chanyeol is still holding his waist. He can feel the warm skin underneath his pajama top and it doesn't help at all, that he is topless. It's not like Baekhyun is complaining or anything but, it is not good to sin first thing in the morning.

 

"Sorry." The taller mumbled, his voice thick with sleep. He released Baekhyun from his embrace then he snuggled closer to the pillows. A content sigh was released as sleep tugs him back to unconciousness.

 

Baekhyun immediately hopped off the bed and lightly slaps himself. When will you stop embarassing yourself in front of him, Byun Baekhyun. His face turned redder as he remembered how he screamed like a highschooler a few minutes ago. Damnit! He decided to just take a shower to cool down his heated face. The dried sweat felt sticky as it sticks to his pajamas.

 

Hmmm, where is he? The room was clean and the bed was already made when he went out of the bathroom. Baekhyun continued drying his hair with a towel as he walks towards the kitchen. There was the sound of kitchen utensils and shuffling. There stood in his kitchen, is Park Chanyeol. He's cooking breakfast. He's cooking them breakfast. He's cooking him breakfast. There was a small thud somewhere. Baekhyun ignores it.

 

"C-chanyeol. Good morning."

 

"Oh, Baekhyun, good morning! How are you feeling?" The blonde male immediately left the stove and went to his side. He put his hand on the smaller's forehead to check his temperature. "You still have a light fever. It'll be better if you have a full rest today, too!"

 

"I will. By the way, I'm really grateful for taking good care of me. I don't know how I'll repay you." Baekhyun think how horrible he was for judging Chanyeol without even knowing him first. He was so wrong about him. He's kinda ashamed of his thoughts about him.

 

"It's no problem. We're in the same situation and I would love to help you." He told him as he put the eggs and hotdog on the plate. "I'm sorry I took over your kitchen."

 

"Oh no, it's fine. Please feel at home. You took good care of me and the least I could do is to accomodate you." He feels sorry for the taller. Chanyeol looks tired. He has bags under his eyes and disheveled hair. But still, Baekhyun thinks he still looks exceptionally good.

 

"I'm glad that you're fine now. Your fever went high a little past midnight and you were shivering badly. I'll gonna rush you to the hospital if it didn't went down." He said sheepishly, "Ah, I hugged you to transfer some body heat to stop you from shivering. Nothing else."

 

How cute. Even the tips of his ears are red. "Nah, it's fine Chanyeol. Really. I know you won't do anything. I trust you." Baekhyun light-hearted chuckled at his flustered face. His chuckles was interrupted by the sound of his phone. "Sorry, I'll get this call."

 

"WHAT?" Chanyeol was startled as he heard Baekhyun's voice rising. "AND YOU ONLY JUST TOLD ME NOW? WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO HER? WILL YOU ALL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY?" He sighed. Baekhyun just recovered and he's already stressing himself.

 

"She's still recovering. She's just a toddler how could you do that?" The silver-haired male tiredly sits down. He calms himself down because he could feel the incoming headache. ! His body just recovered from all the stress that piled up from the past months and now this?

 

"Hey, Baekhyun. Is everything okay?" Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol. His heart feel warm as he heard the concern in his voice. He could feel at ease with his presence. He nodded his head to his direction.

 

"Where is she right now?" Damnit. How could they put her to an orphanage when he wasn't around? "Okay. I'll pick her up th- NO BUTS!- I'll take full responsibility. I'm fine. How can I sit here and do nothing when she's not fine? I'll go there right away. I'll talk to my lawyer to sort things out."

 

He can't help the tears that pooled in his eyes. Then he felt himself tugged by toned arms and leaned his head on an equally toned chest. "Chanyeol. I need to go see Sena. I need to pick her up." He said as he tries to get out of his embrace. He felt himself panicking at the situation.

 

"Baekhyun, calm down. I'll come with you. You're still recovering, I can't just let you out all on your own."

 

"Thank you, Chanyeol. I don't know what'll I do if you're not here." The taller smiled at him.

 

"Then can you put the breakfast inside the containers? I don't think you'll eat even if I force you to. I'll just go get my keys."

 

Baekhyun quickly hopped off the car and went inside the orphanage. A sudden cry to his right made him turn his head. And there in the arms of the head nun, he saw her cry as she extends her arms for him. It broke his heart as he saw her cry. This was the first time he had heard nor seen her cry. And he can't help but tear up as he went to carry her straightaway. "Sshhh. It's fine now. I'm here, Sena. I'm here."

 

"Good morning, Mr. Byun. The hospital has already told me that you'll come here. She hasn't eaten yet since yesterday nor does she drink her milk." The nun smiles at him kindly. "I'm afraid that she'll get sick. She hasn't slept yet and she refuse any interaction with us."

 

"I'm sorry and thank you for looking out for her. I'm going to take her home with me. I can't bear to be part from her." Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter