Cookies

Love Advice

 


Sorry, there's no Jaejin for this chapter, but I hope you enjoy it.

* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Hongki

 

                That Jaejin, he thinks he’s a real love guru. Apologize? I didn’t do anything wrong. Why do I have to apologize? I’m Lee Hongki. I do what I want and I get do what I want. That’s how I live until now, so why must I change that?

                The TV turns on, but I can’t focus on it. Jonghoon’s sad face keeps intruding my mind. He always succeeds in making me worry – fills up my mind till there’s no more room for more productive or useful thoughts. Did I really make a mistake? Okay, maybe I made him mad with my words. But, why did he have to be so sad about it? I just forgot our 2nd anniversary. It’s not a big deal…is it? Good, now I even doubt myself.

                Choi Jonghoon…Choi Jonghoon…You make me crazy.

               

                I close my eyes and rest my head on the couch. Choi Jonghoon… Choi Jonghoon… Choi Jonghoon…I keep repeating his name on my mine. Choi Jonghoon. It’s sound good, just like a song to me. Choi Jonghoon, my love. Choi Jonghoon, my everything.  I will apologize. But, how do I it? Should I ask Jaejin? No no no, I have to think it alone.

                Just as I'm thinking about it, the TV show starts discussing about food. – It looks delicious. If I make something for him and apologize, I believe he will forgive me.

 

                I walk to the kitchen and check the fridge and storage. I take out flour, butter, sugar, eggs, and some other items, and place all of the stuff on the kitchen table. I can make cookies with this. I’m sure he will like it and accept my apology with this.

                I take the scale and bowl under the table and start weigh all the ingredients and poured it in the bowl. Lastly, I crack some eggs.

                “What are you doing, hyung?” Seunghyun walks into the kitchen and looks at what I'm doing with curiosity before going to the fridge and take  bottle of water. “Are you making a cake?”

                “Cookies.” I correct him but still concentrating on cracking eggs, not wanting any eggshells on my cookies. I don’t want to be disturbed by eggshells in the cookies while eating them with my Jonghoon.

                “I like cookies.” He exclaims in joy.

                “Who said it’s for you?”

                “If this isn't for us, then who?”

                “Of course, it’s for my honey Jonghoon.” I say happily.

                Seunghyun pouts and walks out the kitchen with his bottle of water, but comeback shortly after. “Do you think he’ll like it?”

                “Why shouldn’t he?” I ask back, confused with the question he asked. “No one hates cookies, so I guess he’ll like it. Moreover, it’s homemade.”

                “Hyung, if I made some for someone, do you think he will like it to?”

                “I guess so. There’s no reason to not like it.”

                “Teach me then.”

---

 

                “Aish Seunghyun, this is useless. You just spent all my ingredients. Take responsibility! Go buy them!” After 3 hours all we get is just burnt cookies or that are as hard as rocks. I can’t even tell that there are cookies because the shape really unidentifiable. I’m sure I had taught him everything, but why none of them are edible?  All this time I made cookies, this never happens before. I really don’t have any idea what he had done to them.

                “But hyung, the 24 hours store is far from here. I haven’t gotten my driver's license yet.” He whines.

                “Like I care. Just go so I can continue this.”

                “Hyung, it’ll take one hour. Can your cookies wait that long?”

                I give him my glare while he just grins widely. Really this kid, why must he bother me in a time like this? What sin have I committed to have him as a member? “So, what do you want?”

                “You’ll drive hyung. I’ll carry groceries.”

 

                Fortunately, there isn’t much traffic today so my short patience wasn’t tested... When we get there, I park my car and immediately go in with the intention to finish it quickly and return home. We take some sugar, flour, eggs, and some other ingredients. The brief grocery shopping became a long one when we saw snacks... We took 30 minutes there and add 20 minutes at ramen.

                Jonghoon likes ramen so I should get some of them for him. I choose some flavour that he usually buys and some new flavours. If he sees all of the ramen, he’ll jump around with joy. I can imagine my lovely Jonghoon‘s elated face running around in happiness while hugging all of the ramen I bought. It may not be romantic to, give your boyfriend ramen as a present, but I know he will definitely like it. So, who cares about the romantic? I’ll buy anything he likes, even if it’s absolutely not romantic.

               We also took detergent, soap, and toothpaste. It may look like we are in the middle of monthly expenditure, but we’re not. Judging from what we’re doing, people might think that we.re good brothers.

                “Seunghyun.” I heard someone’s voice when we walked to the cashier turn and see a man as tall as Seunghyun with his friend which is slightly shorter. It’s hard to identify who they are since they're using disguises as well.

                The shorter runs past the taller towards Seunghyun who is standing beside me. Finally, I can recognize him as Dongho and Soohyun from U-kiss when they close enough. Dongho hugs Seunghyun happily while Soohyun just bows politely. It feels a bit weird to have someone older bow to me like that in a public place so I just copy what he di..

                “What are you doing here?” Dongho asked Seunghyun after he releases him. “Did you two...” Dongho used his body language to explain what he wants to say.

                “No, no, of course not.” He says, panicky. “We just came to buy some ingredients to make cookies. Hongki-hyung wants to teach me how to make it.” He explains.

                “You should explain about spending all my ingredients too.” I say, interrupting them. “He asked me to teach him and he just repeatedly make mistakes and….”

                “WAAA!!” Seunghyun screamed which made me jump a little. “Hyung, it’s our turn. Better go now.” He says while trying to push me forward. Not wanting to be pushed around by him, I just walk to the cashier with him while the other two follow. I just want to finish this quickly and get back to my beloved honey.

                “Dongho, you like cookies?” Seunghyun asks Dongho when the cashier girl is scanning our purchases.

                “I don’t hate it. Wae, you want to make it for me?” Dongho jokes.

                “Okay. I’ll bring it to you when I succeed in making it.” He says with a wide grin. “You have to eat it all and critique about the taste honestly.” The two get into their own world, talking, while in the outside world, I can see Soohyun expression change when he heard what Seunghyun said. Okay, he got me too. We just share a gaze before he turns his face. Maybe I’m surprised, but he, I definitely can say, he’s not just surprise. There’s something else that you can see deep inside.

                Oh, Seunghyun, I guess you have a rival – a strong rival, I can say.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That's it. I am planning to finish in the next one or two chapters. I have the story in mind, but I don't have time to write it. And English really got me. Sorry if it's hard to read.

 

Thank you for reading. And the comments. Really thank you.....