Chapter 7

The Way Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello friends! From now on I can't update everyday anymore. My vocation is over *crying* so I'll try to update at least twice or three times in week. Thank you very much for upvotes and subscription reached 100 ! Yaaay \ ^^ / And I'm thankful for commenting too. You're all soo sweet. I'm so touched to have so wonderful readers although there are still some of you who like to commenting the title of the novel T.T Please don't do that to me. I really don't like delete comment from my readers. That is pretty much all. Enjoy and see you all in next update ! ^^

 

Left alone, Luhan felt the presence of someone else and lowered his gaze. There before him was a cute little girl in a pink dress. Her hair was tied in two ponytails with ribbon that matched het outfit, and with her little arms and legs she was trying to climb up the iron bars. Maybe because of her ruffled dress, she seemed rather precocious. Luhan instinctively put out his hand and helped her up to where she wanted to go.

"Thank you." She hadn't gone very high, but still she seemed happy. Looking down on Luhan, she continued. "Mister, what are you doing?"

"Me? I'm going home."

"Home? Is it close by?"

"Yeah, real close. What about you?"

"Mom and Dad and Puru and Sarangie, we came by car — to Grampa's." Since it seemed like she was done with the jungle gym, Luhan took the hint and helped her back down. The girl smiled pleasantly. "Puru is my dog. It's called a miniature long-haired dachshund, do you know it?"

"Wow, you remembered such a long name. Good girl."

"Sarangie is smart."

"I know .. As a reward, I'll give you this." Luhan plucked the ring from his middle finger and quietly dropped it into the palm of her hand, held open like a maple leaf.

She stared at the ring, puzzled for a moment, and then she puted her lips and whined, "This is too big!"

"That's okay. You can wear it when you grow up. So keep it safe 'til then, okay?"

"Are you going to marry Sarangie? Is this a wedding ring?"

"Marry you? Yeah, okay .. Let's do that." From her innocent words, suddenly Luhan was about to cry, but he barely managed to hold back his tears.

The girl slipped on the ring that was too big for her and cheerily run out of the park. Only after she was far away did she turn back to wave "Bye-bye!" and then her tiny shadow was gone.

"Bye-bye .." The ring no longer shone on the hand that he raised to wave goodbye. Since she had said they came by car, he would probably never see her again. All too soon, Luhan had been parted from his precious ring. He closed his now-unadorned fingers and softly put his lips to the spot that Sehun had once kissed. There was only the bitter taste of silver where the ring had left a red mark,

 

"Is Xi Luhan here?" Sehun shouted as soon as he opened the classroom door and barged in. In such a strange atmosphere, even the girls in the class, who would normally flutter about, fell silent as if they had lost their nerve. Sehun's sharp eyes quickly spotted Luhan standing and talking by the window and, ignoring the gazes upon him, Sehun grabbed both of Luhan's arms. Taken aback by this unexpected development, it took Luhan quite awhile to realize that it was Sehun.

"Hey! If you're here, at least answer!"

"Wh-What's going on?! Let go!"

"Sorry, but I can't do that," Sehun retorted, dragging Luhan by the arm as he started walking away. The first class was about to begin, and Luhan wondered where he could be taking him. Judging from his tone, Luhan imagined the worst. He had never seen Sehun behave so roughly and his own protests were pretty weak.

"What do you think you're doing?! Hey, Sehun ...!"

"I want a word with you. Shut up and follow me."

"This is so unfair ..!"

"I'm pissed off ," Sehun stopped for a moment and looked at Luhan coldly." So I'll say this ahead-of-time. I might do something awful to you."

"What?!"

"It's just the heat of the moment." Maybe it was odd how completely pale Luhan's face went, but Sehun narrowed his eyes slightly. And with that, Luhan was dragged off by Sehun in front of all his classmates.

"C'mon, seriously, where are we going?"

"............"

No matter how many times he asked, Sehun wouldn't say where they were going, so in the end Luhan gave up and allowed himself to be pulled along. On their way the first bell rang, but of course Sehun didn't give a damn as they rushed down the stairs from the third floor to the first floor. The only room on that floor were a nurse's office, the art room, special classrooms, and the exhibition room — places where hardly any students went during the day. Sehun appeard to be heading for one of these rooms as he made his way along the corridor without hesitation.

What's going on? This morning, Luhan would never have imagined he'd be forced to cut class and dragged to a deserted room. Actually, in the three days since the weekend when he had seen Sehun with Hyuna, Luhan had hardly seen Sehun's face. Looking at him even now was painful, and Sehun was still proudly wearing the ring on his middle finger.

"Go in." Sehun had opened the door to the student council office and urged Luhan ahead of him.

Luhan's arms, now realised, still hurt where there were grip marks. "Are you in the student council ..?"

"No. Why would I bother with that kind of extra work? The president's a friend of mine. He let me have a spare key."

"I remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter