Chapter 4

The Way Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks for the special delivery." Moving his lips slowly, he spoke without his eyes smiling at all.

"But you sure are a pushover. Wasting your lunch hour running errands for some girl you don't even know. You really must be bored."

"Don't speak to me that way! And I told you, I just promised my sister that ..."

"Did you ever think it could be your little sister?"

"What?"

"The present could be from her, and she's just saying that it's 'from a friend', when in reality she's the one with the hots for me. Well?"

Luhan was as surprised as when he had been insulted. He felt the blood rush to his head. With the cold wall at his back, Luhan stared at Sehun, who look like he was having more and more fun. The corners of his mouth slowly turned up.

"I didn't know you had a sister complex, kid."

"Don't call me a kid!" saying he had a sister complex was extremely unsettling for Luhan — since he and Lian looked so much like each other it was as bad as being called a narcissist.

Sehun squeezed Luhan's shoulder hard and whispered, "Then what should I call you? You seem to hate whatever I call you."

"W-Well .. How 'bout 'Junior Xi'?"

" 'Junior Xi'? "

"No, well never mind the junior part. If not that then ... Hmmm ..."

"How about 'Luhan' ?

All of sudden they were on a first-name basis. As soon as he said that, Sehun brought his head close to Luhan's ear. Feeling Sehun's soft breath, Luhan reflexively stiffened. In a low, raspy voice, he moistened his ear with the most dangerous word of all.

"Luhan ..."

"Uhhhh..." Hearing his name spoken so meaningfully, all at once Luhan's body temperature rose. This was a pleasure he had never experienced before. Luhan was overcome as the warm sensation gradually spread throughout his body. His will now taken captive, couldn't even look at Sehun. All he could do was hope that this wave of pleasure would soon pass.

"Luhan?" He had looked away without budging an inch. Sehun let go of the hand that held his left shoulder and reached towards Luhan's chin. But as Luhan noticed the ring on his finger, he roughly pushed it aside."

"C-Cut it out!"

"What?! All I did was say your name."

Luhan's frustration mounted at Sehun's brusque response. Even if he were to demand, Just now, what were you going to do ...? he knew that Sehun would quickly read his mind.

"You suddenly froze up. I wanted to see your expression. What, did you think I was gonna kiss you or something?"

"I-I didn't say that ..."

"Really? Then why are you blushing. What happend to your attitude, Luhan?"

"Don't call me that!"

"You complain too much. Besides, you're the one who's being overly familiar with an upperclassman. Think about it!"

Grinning, Sehun suddenly the present back at Luhan's chest. Just as he was leaving, he said hastily,"Here ..." as he turned with a dismissive gesture.

"Sorry, but I don't feel like carrying it. I can't accept it. Return to sender."

"I can't do that! I thought you accepted presents from everyone?!"

"Well, it's true, I don't play favourites."

"Then, why ...?!"

"There's a very simple reason." Sehun paused and stated impassively, " Because you were the one who brought it ."

"But..."

"Tell them if they want to give me something to do it themselves instead of asking someone else. Oh, and about the name thing .."

"What ...?"

"You can call me Mr. Oh."

"................."

While Luhan stood there dumbstruck, Sehun calmly headed back to the classroom. With a straight spine, he cut a fine figure from behind. Somehow even his plain uniform seemed stylish; the white summer shirt looked better on him than anyone else.

But inside, he's the worst , Luhan muttered, stunned.

According to Lian, he was the kind of person who would properly accept and politely thank someone for a gift, or so they said. Since Sehun had refused this gesture, had he done something wrong? All Luhan could think was that Sehun must really hate him. Yeah, he must ... Didn't he say flat-out that he wouldn't accept it because Luhan brought it?

"Lian's gonna kill me ..."

But that wasn't the only reason for the ache in his chest. At the time, though, Luhan didn't know enough to relize it.

 

"I can't believe it! Luhan, what did you do?! I'll totally lose face!!" Just as he thought , Lian got home and he was immediately showered with a volley of verbal abuse.

"You've always been like this Luhan. People think you're likeble and you've got plenty of friends, but there's this cold side of you, you know?

"What does that have to do with this?"

"Everything! Even with Nana, you suddenly broke up with her, saying you weren't sure if you really loved her or not. I bet you've never even seriously felt love for anyone before. Isn't that why you're so indifferent?"

"Lian, I told you, that guy Sehun, he's not a great guy you all think he is, you know?"

"Who's interested in a guy who won't allow himself to be idealized?!" Looking aside, she fell silent for a moment. Finally, Luhan thought, relieved. But then she said in an inscrutable voice, "Hmm .. Isn't it unlike you to just come slinking back, after having the gift thrown back in your face? Are you that kind of person?

"Forcing a gift on someone who doesn't want it is insulting, isn't it?"

"I guess so, but ..." With a dissatisfied look on her face, Lian tied an apron and began to prepare dinner. Since their mother often worked late, Lian usually took over the evening meal at their house. But it looked like dinner tonight would consist of all the things that Luhan disliked.

"You know, Lu ..."

"What?"

"Well, I hate to say it, but do you think Sehun really hates you? That's what it seems like after hearing your stories."

"..................."

"On the other hand ..." Taking the onions that Luhan hated out of grocery bag, Lian smiled meaningfully."maybe he really likes you, Lu?"

 

With a heavy heart, Luhan dragged himself to school and forced himself to open the door to the classroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter