Chapter 9

The Way Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Um, uh ... Excuse me, do you know where Sehun is today? Please tell me."

"Huh?"

"I want to see him! There's something I have to ask him about in person. And it has to be now!"

"S-Sehun? He is probably at home .. but I've heard he's cooped up in his room, so .." Perhaps overwhelmed by Luhan's urgency, Hyuna answered seeming somewhat frightened. Lian, who had no idea what was going on, looked with astonishment at her suddenly lively brother.

"Home? The shortcut is through the playground, right?"

"Y-Yes .. How did you know?"

"Thank you very much!" He bowed his head briskly and rushed out of the store, leaving Lian behind.

"Luhan ..?!" What about my present ..? She refrained from continuing, as she looked at Hyuna next to her, who was just as stunned. "How long have you known?"

"Huh?"

"About Luhan. If you didn't know him, you wouldn't have known where he goes to school just by looking at his face. And you wouldn't have talked about such a private matter so openly, not usually anyway."

"My, you're an intelligent one." Hyuna's shoulders shook with giggle as she peered into Lian's unyielding eyes. "You look exactly like your brother. I wonder why Sehun didn't choose you. Then there wouldn't have been any obstacles. He could have professed his feelings, and you'd be together. There'd be no need for such a hopeless crush."

"But, if he was only interested in looks, then he wouldn't have fallen in love with Luhan, a guy, in the first place, right? Sehun looks cool, but isn't he a hopeless romantic? There was that ring, and the fact that he's taken a fancy to Luhan .."

"Luhan is cute. He has a nice face, but he seems so intense. For an honor student like Sehun, someone hotheaded like your brother is the perfect match," Hyuna said keenly, then she brought her face close to Lian's mischievously. "Sehun, he has a photo of your brother. It's a snapshot from a school festival or something. I happend to see that he was secretly hiding it. So when Luhan came into the store today, it all clicked. I thought, Oh, I see, my little Sehun was done in by this boy."

"So .. does that bother you?"

"What? No, I'm just surprised." Hyuna shook her head quietly, smiling. "If Sehun becomes even more manly through his love for Luhan, then I have no complains. I love to admire him and show him off, you know .." They both laughed.

"So let's pick out your present then, at your brother's expense, of course," Hyuna said, courteously taking out the key to showcase. "Go on and pick something expensive, that's the least he can do. For someone standing at the peak of happiness, it's and obligation ... Don't you think?"

 

On his way to the park, the sun was beggining to set. Consumed with anxiety, Luhan instinctively quickened his pace and hurried on. If possible, he wanted to see Sehun's face in the daylight, and if the gods favored this match he would still have plenty of time. That was his hope as he walked on silently under the indigo sky.

Passing by the water fountain and cutting along the jungle gym where the girl had been playing, Luhan continued. Across the way should be Sehun's house, where the large hydrangea bushes were in full bloom.

And then.

"That's the wrong way. Where do you think you're going?"

"Huh?"

"My house is three doors down from the one with the hydrangeas. That one is the widow, Mrs. Kim's. Got it?"

"Sehun .." There was a mountain of questions he wanted to ask — "Why are you here?" or "Since when?" — but just seeing Sehun's face made everything better, he looked so wonderful as he appeared from the shadows of the hydrangeas.

Luhan stopped, breathing slowing and deeply as he waited for him to approach. What would he say first? If he took back what he had said last week about being through with him, Sehun would probably smile and forgive him.  As he thought about it though, he began to lose confidence, and without thinking he closed his eyes.

Preparing for what was about to happen, the moment he tried to take a deep breath, Luhan was overtaken by Sehun's lips. Falling under his sweet breath, the slight fever emanated from their mingled mouths and began to spread throughout Luhan's body.

Shifting the angle of his head and alternating between soft and deep kisses, Luhan found himself tightly embraced by Sehun. Something about the way that his arms wrapped around his back, warming him like the sun, brought back memories.

Their warm tongues entwined, and as they pressed their lips together again and again, each of them passionately savored the other's breath. Luhan kept his eyes closed from the dizziness, and so it seemed as if Sehun's warmth and kisses were his whole world.

After their lips finally parted, they reminded in each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter