Chapter 3

The Way Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wanted to tell those girls whose cheeks flushed red as they raved deliriously about how wonderful Sehun was just how nasty he could actually be. Everyone's favourite honor student — far from it! Wasn't the vivid glimmer in the look he gave Luhan proof of his secret, vicious nature?

"Now, now, just nag on 'til it all dies down. Cheer up!"

And just like that, their roles were reversed, with Luhan being consoled by Baekhyun. But with such difference between Sehun's ring's influence and his own, he couldn't help but feel like his measly existence was rather insignificant. And even though Luhan was usually pretty cheerful, this was a somewhat disheartening reality.

 

There were two knocks on the door, and before Luhan could answer, the knob clicked and turned. With his headphones on, he waited silently for the intruder, and sure enough, his younger sister Lian quickly entered his room.

"Luhan, do you have a minute?" Lian smiled pleasantly at him and, as usual, sat down on Luhan's bed. She was a year younger and went to an all-girls school.

"What are you listening to? Something new you bought?"

"Oh, the one you went to with Baekhyun, right? Luhan, you still don't have a girlfriend, do you?"

"Mind your own business! I don't need a girlfriend, anyway. They're too stressful, and I can't be bothered!"

He took off the headphones and switched on the speakers. Instantly, the room was flooded with a EXO- Growl song. Lian titled her head for a minute and seemed to enjoy the song. As her body moved slightly to the rhythm, she soon started talking again.

"You know, Luhan .. Can I ask you to do me a favor?"

"I always know when you're gonna say that, just by that sickly-sweet tone in your voice. Depends on what it is. You can be pretty demanding, you know."

"Come on, don't say that, okay?" Her mascara-coated lashes curled up at him as she fixed eyes on her brother. With her big, black eyes and strong, well-defined mouth, she really did look like Luhan.

".... I hate to ask but ... Do you know a third-year at your school named Oh Sehun? You must know him. Everyone does."

" O-Oh Sehun?!"

"That's right. So, you see, I guess it's this Sehun guy's birthday soon, and classmate of mine asked me to forward a gift to him but ..."

"Now, wait a minute, Lian ...."

"I'm sorry, I know. You hate this kind of thing. I told her you wouldn't. But this girl, it's like she's obsessed with him, so ... It just slipped out that you go to Whimoon High School."

If he only listened to what she was saying, it souned credible, but when he looked at Lian's face it sounded that she didn't feel bad at all. And once she had started in about a "favor," he knew very well that it would be impossible to refuse.

"W-Well ... But ..." Luhan gave a bitter smile and avoided Lian's innocent remark. Because he was wearing paired rings with Sehun and had attracted the attention of the girls at his school, it wasn't surprising that he felt miserable and didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Anyway, I'm asking you to do this for me. There's a letter inside, so I think Sehun will contact her after you give it to him."

"Why? He might just ignore it. That guy gets so many gifts, I'm sure he could sell them for profit."

"But I've heard he's not that cruel." Lian just grinned as she made what to Luhan was a completely maddening comment. According to what she had heard, for every letter ot present Sehun got from the many girls, he gave each one a proper, polite declining answer.

"But why not just refuse them? What a drag ..."

"I don't know why. Most guys would just ignore the whole thing. Maybe it's part of his act, but if someone gives you a gift you should at least say thank you. And turning someone down is pretty hurtful, isn't it? They cry and all. There aren't many guys who'd apologize and say 'sorry' when they haven't done anything wrong."

"I guess you're right .."

"You can understand, can't you, Lu? You decline a lot of things" Lian knew all the details  about Luhan's love life since kidergarden. It wasn't as if he had anything close to the number of admires that Sehun had, but she was keenly aware of the number of girls that he had rebuffed.

"So anyway, it's a deal! Tomorrow, the girl will give me the present." Having strong-armed a promise out of him, Lian stuck out her pinky and exclaimed with a smile. "Yeah!" Forced to link fingers with his little sister, Luhan swore a pinky-promise with a dark mumble and heavy heart.

 

"But I love you, Sehun." Bomi said, as she started to cry. With an upward glance through her wet lashes, she looked at Sehun, calculating that she was most beautiful from that angle.

"Sorry, but I can't return your feelings, no matter how many times you profess them.I'm sorry, Bomi-ssi"

"You mean .. there's no chance at all?"

He shook his head no, and she tried throw herself into his arms. But just before she did, he gently caught her with both arms, and unfortunately her  attempt ended failure.

"I really am sorry. I'm sure you understand." Smiling whether she did not , Sehun had deftly avoided her ulterior motive. She gave up her pretense and cast her eyes down, seeming at a total loss.

There, in a corner of the same room ..

This is no good .. No good .. Without thinking, Luhan almost spoke out-loud as he hurriedly clapped his right hand over his mouth. He was clutching to his chest wrapped present that Lian had gotten yesterday. The package was an armful, so he guessed that it probably contained clothing.

If possible, he didn't want to hand it over in front of other people, but he hated sneaking around after Sehun. Luhan had innocently followed him, wondering what he could be doing in the calligraphy studio after school, but before he could call his name, Bomi came in. Luhan quickly hid behind a desk, but now it would be even more difficult for him to emerge. He was at a loss.

Can't tell Baekhyun about this .. Neverthless, as he listened to what trasnpired he was rather impressed. Sehun wasn't popular with the girls for nothing, and his rejection was flawless. With his kind voice and soft gaze, he firmly asserted a strength that left no room for argument.

"Hey."

"..........."

"Hey, Xi Luhan. What are you doing over there? Don't tell me peeping is a hobby of yours?"

"Huh? Argh ...!" Bumping into the desk, Luhan jumped up, startled. Without having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter