Chapter 11

The Way Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something somewhere in his heart told him this was nothing more than a bluff, but he ignored it for now. There were times when Sehun was brisk with him, but normally he was very kind. Luhan knew that if he had really been upset and disappointed, Sehun would surely have withdrawn from prep school. That was exactly the reason why he hadn't acted selfishly and given him a hard time.

"Hey, Sehun. Can I change my request?"

"What?"

"Will you get me both chocolate and vanilla?" Luhan said, looking back as Sehun beamed at him and nodded.

 

When we can't meet, we'll keep in contact as much as possible.

Making that promise, Sehun went to prep school five days a week, doing his best to gear-up for exams. It wasn't that he aimed for the challenges, but he was by nature rather serious. Maybe it was because, ever since he was little, he had performed so above-average that those around him placed higher and higher expectations on him. In response, Sehun now felt obliged.

On other hand, since Luhan didn't even have a part-time job, his days were pretty relaxed. Today he had gone with his best friend Baekhyun to see the horror movie everyone was talking about, and now they had stopped to try the new fast food burger joint.

"But, is that really your excuse, Lu?"

"I have no choice do I? The best thing I can do is to stay out of his way."

"Hmm. You seem weirdly understanding  of this whole thing." Leaning back in his chair heavily, Baekhyun seemed impressed. For him, a guy who lived for love, it didn't seem possible that he would understand Luhan's rationality. Biting into hamburger in his right hand, he made a peevish face and said, "What's up with that?"

He went on. "If it were me, I would have complained straight-off. I mean, it's summer, right? Aren't the exams next year?"

"C'mon, think about it. Sehun's had all kinds of troubles since we've been together."

"By trouble, do you mean that finally girls aren't as interested in him? But that's to be expected. Who would go after him now that he's wearing a ring on his left ring finger? And then, for you, wasn't it such a hassle when everyone wanted to know all about the whole ring incident? It goes both ways, doesn't it?"

By now, it had been estabilished that the fact that their rings matched was a coincidence. But there were still girls who pestered Luhan with the tenacity of television reporters. And since they had both started wearing their rings on the left ring finger, now they eyed him suspiciously and asked, with all seriousness, 'Maybe you two are couple?'

"It's just that since Sehun's atittude has suddenly grown cold, the girls have also gotten quieter .." He really didn't want to think about it, but Luhan took a good look at recent events. "That's the reason, why Sehun's reputation has suffered. It's like somehow he's the bad guy."

"As long as he said it was okay, you've got no reason to feel guilty. And now that it's mutual, you can't have any fun if all you do is hold yourself back."

"I don't do that." Thats was the only part that Luhan flatly denied. "Just thinking about Sehun makes me happy. I've never felt this way about any of the girls I've dated. So .. if I can't see him for a little while, I can handle it."

"You're not telling me you're in love?"

"No, I'm serious. I mean, my heart beats too fast, there are times when I lose control. Isn't Sehun good-looking? How one person can have so many facial expressions .."

"When you're done talking, I'm gonna start calling you two 'stupid couple' " Baekhyun interrupted, seeming bored. This annoyed Luhan since he had been the one fishing for information, but because Baekhyun was currently single and on-the-move, it wasn't a subject that interested him. As he reached out for the fries spilled in front of him, he tried to change the subject.

"What about you?"

As expected, he got a frown of disapproval in return. "Unfortunely, it's bad. I found a cool girl in the first-year class but .."

"Hey, you've finally given up on Bomi! So, what kind of girl is she?"

"Why would a gay like you care?"

"How can you be so obnoxious?!"

"Her name is Jung Soo Jung. She's really cute, and she's popular. It's just .. too bad I've got no chance. For some reason, they say she hates all guys. Really she's as pretty as any celebrity, but just by what I've heard, she's rejected dozens of guys. Seriously, I'm at a total loss. You could say she's the female version of Oh Sehun."

Once again ticked-off by what he said, Luhan angrily crammed his mouth full of fries. Maybe since Baekhyun had seen everything from the very beggining, Luhan would have to tolerate his surprise at his feelings of love. But Baekhyun was probably envious that his bestfriend had found happiness in one shot, and had to about it. And since Baekhyun had once considered Sehun a rival in love, his state of mind must have been rather complex.

Finishing what was left of his hamburger, Baekhyun leaned away from the table and whispered, ".. So, how far have you guys gone then?"

"That again? How many times do I have to tell you, none of your business!"

"Uh-huh. That must mean you've stopped at kissing. Hey, what have you been doing all this time?"

"Shut up! This isn't the kind of thing you can measure by time!" That really was how Luhan felt in the bottom of his heart, so no matter how much Baekhyun baited him, it really didn't bother him. Of course, it wasn't that he wasn't concerned, but since both he and Sehun were guys there were quite a lot of unknowns when he started to think about it. That was why he had decided that all he could do was let things happen naturally.

"I wonder if such an indifferent attitude is the way to go," Baekhyun said in grumbling tone, almost as if it was on Sehun's behalf. "Maybe you acted too unconcerned about summer vacation. Do you really love Sehun?"

"D-Don't ask such a rude questions! If I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter