Chapter 8

Unexpected Love

After Yonghwa sending the girls for shopping, he decided to wait for them. He took a walk around his small town. He tried to remember his childhood, his teenager life, and his love life. Of course, he didn’t forget his beautiful love life.

 

Flashback

“I-I like you, Park Shinhye,” finally, he confessed to his best friend after had crush on her since they were child.

Shinhye put her disappointed face towards Yonghwa. She can’t believe her best friend confessed to her like this.

Yonghwa keep silence after he confessed. He’s waiting for Shinhye’s reply, but when he saw Shinhye’s face, he knows what would be her answer. He lowered his head.

“You want to know my answer, Yonghwa-ah?” she tried to get his attention and she did it. Yonghwa lift his head up and he made an eye contact with her. “Well, I don’t like you, Yonghwa-ah,” she still put her disappointed face.

Yonghwa knows those words will be her answer. When he wants to say something, Shinhye put her finger on his lips, tried to stop Yonghwa when he want to talk.

Shinhye smiled to Yonghwa, “but I’m not finish yet with my words. I don’t like you because I love you, Jung Yonghwa.”

End of the flashback

 

He still remembered those memories. He thought the day when he confessed to Shinhye would be the worst day ever in his life. Turns out, it’s his the best day of his life.

He smiled again when he passed by the arcade. He used to be there every time he came from school. He always lost track of time if he’s played in the arcade. Shinhye always came nagged to him.

 

Flashback

“Yah! Jung Yonghwa! Until when you want to spend your money in that useless-stupid game?! Do you know what time is it?! It’s already 10 p.m.” she came and she punch Yonghwa’s arm.

“Aw! Aw! How can you know if I’m in here?”

“How can I not know? I’m always together since we were child, you pabo!” she hit Yonghwa’s head. “Go home now, your Mom waiting for you,” this time she softened her voice and she took Yonghwa’s hand.

End of the Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun slammed the door with anger. She decided to go out for a moment to calm her mind, her heart.

How can he be in here? She thought to herself. Right, she totally forgot that person is from here. Great!

Her eyes became teary again when all those creepy memories of him playing back on her head. She kneeling and she sobbed so hard. Her wound in her heart would never be healed.

For years she tried to erase her memories of him, but just in less five minutes, she felt pain again. She never trusted to anyone again, especially guy. She didn’t want to feel being so hurt.

She got up and walk to the beach. She thinks, beach can help to reduce her pain, her sadness, everything that mixed up in her heart right now.

When she arrived, a pair of hands tried to hug her from behind.

“Please, Joohyun-ah, give me one more chance,” it was him.

 She sighed. She let her tears coming down from her eyes. “Why I should see you again? Just go away,” she tried to move Kyuhyun’s hands, but it’s too strong. She’s in weak condition now, “I said go away. Just take all your guilt, all your lies, and all secrets that I don’t want to hear.”

Kyuhyun let go of his hand and he make the girl turn around to facing his face. He saw tears down freely from her flawless face. He wipe the tears with his thumb softly, the girl didn’t resist his action.

He regretted what he had done before. He was so stupid back then. When he did ‘that’ with other girls, he was trying to freed himself before he tie the knot with his lovely girl, Seohyun. He truly loves her. He shouldn’t do that, but past is in the past.

Seohyun actually still loves him. She just can’t forgot all that years when she spent her time to loves him. It’s too difficult for her. Now, she has mixed feelings towards Kyuhyun. Hates. Loves. Also she confused with her feelings too towards fake-soon-to-be-husband, Yonghwa.

“Look, Joohyun-ah, I know I’m such a pabo back then, but when you walked away from my life, I don’t know what to do. My heart felt so empty without you and I realized that. I decided to looked up for you, but you nowhere to be found. I tried to contacted all your friends, no one told me where were you. When I started to gave up, I bumped you in here. For me, it’s a miracle to see you again,” tears started coming down from his eyes. “Can you give me one more chance?”

Seohyun doesn’t know what to do. Her heart went pounding crazily as she remembered all the happy memories with Kyuhyun. She’s afraid. Afraid if Kyuhyun hurt her again. Or otherwise. She afraid if her heart doesn’t belong to Kyuhyun when she give him a second chance. Yonghwa. She afraid her heart start to like Yonghwa. Not like, love perhaps? 

Seohyun sighed as she finish her own thoughts, “Can I ask you something first?” she said.

“Of course just ask me anything, Joohyun-ah.”

“What will you do when I give you a second chance..now?” She's don't remind herself about Yonghwa. After all, it's just a fake marriage so maybe she can come back to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smiled to her when he heard the question or the statement, “Maybe I will hug you,” he started to hug her so tight, but the latter didn’t refused. “Like this?”

He heard Seohyun chuckled.

“Oppa, don’t do that again to me, or else, there’s gonna be a punishment from me.”

“I promise, Joohyun-ah. I won’t do that again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He walked to the florist shop. He picked some flowers with his hand and tried to smell it. The smell from the flowers remind him with her. He decided to bought some and after he pay it, he walked out from the shop.

‘I hope she will like it!’

He walked happily with a bouquet of flower on his right hand. He smiled when he thinking about his fake-soon-to-be-wife. Lately, his heart started to beat faster when he saw Seohyun smiled to him. He also chuckled when Seohyun scold him. Maybe he started to like her again. And he’s sure with his heart before he saw Seohyun holding hands with some other guy.

He saw Seohyun smiled and laughed happily. He never saw how much Seohyun can be that bright when she’s with the man beside her.

Unconsciously, he approached the couple. With his hand still holding a bouquet of flower.

Seohyun notice there’s someone come to them, she’s panic when she know who it is. It’s Yonghwa.

Kyuhyun confused when he felt Seohyun let go of her hand from his, “What’s wrong, Joohyu—“

“Seohyun? Who’s this?” Yonghwa asked to Seohyun.

Kyuhyun just realized there’s someone in front of them. He knows it who is now in front of him. He’s Jung Yonghwa. The only son of Jung family, one of the most successfull businessmen in the city.

Annyeonghaseyo, Yonghwa-ssi. I’m Cho Kyuhyun. It’s nice to meet you here,” he greeted. But there’s no respond from Yonghwa.

“Seohyun, I ask you, who’s this man?” Yonghwa tried to asked once again and he raised his voice just a little.

Meanwhile, Seohyun confused as to how she will explain about who is Kyuhyun for her to Yonghwa. What her relationship with Kyuhyun, actually. She’s afraid what Yonghwa reaction will be. “H-he is m-my—“

“Her fiancé. I’m her fiancé.”

His heart was shattered when he heard the statement from Kyuhyun. Is he in his dream right now? If it’s true, please, someone wake him up from his nightmare right now. What the hell? She’s coming with me from Seoul just yesterday and now, she’s already someone fiancée?

“Honey, do you know each other?” Kyuhyun asked Seohyun.

“Um y-yes, he’s my...uh..he’s my—“

“Don’t worry, I’m just her assistant editor,” Yonghwa tried to explain who he is. He doesn’t want to introduce himself as her fake-soon-to-be-husband when he remembered how happy Seohyun just a while ago with her ugh..her fiancé. “Well, have fun with your fiancé then, Seohyun-ah. I’ll go home, bye.” He forced to smile.

When Yonghwa turned around, Seohyun called him, “Yong, why did you bring a bouquet of flowers? Is it for Grandma?” she asked innocently.

Yonghwa turned around again, “Umm...yes.”

“Well, it’s so beautiful!” she smiled.

‘Yes, beautiful. Just like you.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He driving around the town with his car. He tried to cleared his mind. He’d never thought that Seohyun already had fiancé. That’s one thing he surely don’t know from Seohyun.

He massaged his temple.

‘Maybe music can make me feel better.’

He the radio. The song played on. And unfortunately, the song described his feelings.

 

I admit it that I was jealous

Every time I heard you called his name

But I never could doing’ what should I do’

It’s because you are not mine

 

I admit it that I miss you

Although you never miss me

But I never could doing ‘what should I want’

It’s because you are not mine

 

Actually I don’t wilingly if you stay with him

Let go the love that I gave you

I tried my best to keep my faithful for everything

For the love that never ends

 

I admit it that I miss you

Although you never miss me

But I never could doing ‘what should I want’

It’s because you are not mine

 

Although you never miss me

But I never could doing ‘what should I want’

It’s because you are not mine

 

Actually I don’t wilingly if you stay with him

Let go the love that I gave you

I tried my best to keep my faithful for everything

For the love that never ends

 

Honesty heart that I can not possibly deny

My desire to let you know the content of my heart

For the love that never ends

 

 

A/N: Hi i tried to update this chapter soon but I got distracted by many things T^T 

by the way, the song is from my country. i think it's suited well with yong situation here so i translate it to english^^