Chapter 4

Unexpected Love

They arrived in Busan. Yonghwa just get off from the train, leaving Seohyun behind. While Seohyun tried very hard to carried her bags. She pouted her lips, ‘Is he a man? He even didn’t help me to carried my bags!’ she thought. She has left behind him.

“Ya! Wait for m—“ she shout but suddenly stopped. She saw Yonghwa hugging his Mom and his Grandma.

“Halmoni, Omma, this is Seohyun.” Yonghwa introduced Seohyun to his family.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seohyun ibnida.” Seohyun said with her simple smile. When Yonghwa’s mother wants to give Seohyun an embrace, Seohyun just reached out her hand to shake hands with Yonghwa’s mother.

“Yong, is she that ‘witch’?” Yonghwa’s grandma whisper to Yonghwa and he only nodded.

“Ne, halmoni.” he sighed.

“C’mon, it’s getting cold in here. Let’s go to the car.” suddenly Mrs. Jung suggest them to get in the car. When on the way to Yonghwa’s house, Seohyun look around to the shops on the street, ‘It’s weird.’ she thought, ‘Why all the shops named with his last name?’ she thought again.

“Yonghwa-ssi.” she called him with a low voice, almost like a whisper. Yonghwa knows that Seohyun called him but he tried to ignore by looking out the window.

“Yonghwa-ssi!” this time Seohyun called him and she punched his shoulder.

“Aw! What’s wrong?”

“Why you didn’t tell me that you have a family business, Oppa?” Seohyun threatened by her eyes and her nostril flared.

“He’s just being humble, honey.” suddenly Grandma turned around her head to look at Seohyun.

“N-Ne halmoni.” After Grandma said that, she rolled her eyes. No one spoke after that until the car stopped on the small dock.

“I thought we’re going to hotel?” Seohyun suddenly spoke.

“I’m sorry dear, I cancelled your reservation. Family should stick together.” Mrs. Jung said as he get downstairs to the dock.

“Ya! What now?” she slapped Yonghwa’s shoulder.

“Don’t ask me. Ask my Mom,” he said, “oh, by the way, when you carried that bag, you should kick it.” he chuckle as he pointed the big bag, while Seohyun pouted her lips.

“Yonghwa-ya, why don’t you help Seohyun to carried her bags?” Mrs. Jung asked.

“I would love to, but she doesn’t let me, Omma.”

Seohyun tried hard to pull the bag, but she can’t. Finally, she kicked her bag just like he said to her.

“C’mon sweetheart, get down here.” Yonghwa said.

“I don’t want to get on the boat. You know I can’t swim!” Seohyun resisted him.

“Then, see you next we—“

“F-Fine.” Seohyun started took a step to get down the stairs.

“Quick sweetie, even my Grandma was faster than you.” Slowly but sure, Seohyun took a careful step.

“Let me help, honey.” Yonghwa said as his hand hold her . Seohyun felt Yonghwa’s hand on her and she yelled.

“HANDS-OFF-!”

“Okay, just take it easy.” he chuckled. Finally Seohyun made it.

“Congratulation! I’m 100 years old now.” Yonghwa said sarcastically. Seohyun give him a bitter smile.

They should crossing with the boat because Yonghwa’s house is on the side of the island. Actually, it can be access by the car but it’ll takes an hour. Seohyun is wearing life vest and from her face, Yonghwa can tell that she is afraid.

“Here we are. Home sweet home.” Mrs. Jung said. Seohyun shocked. All this time, she thought that Jung Yonghwa was poor but after she saw Yonghwa’s house, she can tell that he’s very rich.

“Why you’re not telling me that you were rich?” Seohyun complain. Grandma who heard this just rolled her eyes again, ‘No wonder if Yonghwa always called her Witch.’ she thought. When they get off the boat, some neighbors greet them from afar.

“Ya! Yonghwa-ya!” some of Yonghwa’s friend shout. He just waved his hand.

“Omma, what’s going on? Why is everyone in our house?” he ask his mother. But his Grandma who is the one answer his question.

“It’s nothing. We just invite some friends that you’re going home after 3 years.”

The party is begun with some classic music and it makes the house looking more elegant. From the outside, maybe it’s just a simple big house but when you inside the house, you can tell that the house is elegant because the colors collaboration. With peach and wine colors and most of the furniture are European style.


Yonghwa’s POV.

“Omma, where’s Appa?” I ask. Why he wasn’t greeted me when I’m home today? Maybe he still busy with his works. Or he doesn’t care.

“He is taking a bath now, Yonghwa-ya.”

I took a champagne from the bartender and suddenly someone called me, “ Yonghwa-ya!” she shout happily.

“Oh, Mrs. Kim! How are you?” I said. Mrs. Kim is like my aunt. When I was around five, she always took care of me whenever my mother and my grandma shopping.

“I’m great. How’s work?” she ask proudly, “You are an editor, right?” suddenly my father came out of nowhere and join the conversation.

“Nah, he’s just an assistant editor while this lady,” he pointed on Seohyun, “his Boss.”

“Hi, I’m Seohyun. Nice to meet you.” she greeted Mrs. Kim and also my dad.

“Is it right that you’re his Boss?” my dad asked her. ‘Is that necessary?’ I thought as I sighed.

“N-Ne.” I feel burden inside. Why he make a bad impression in front of Mrs. Kim, who I respect the most more than I respect him?

“Well, enjoy the party.” he said as he leaving me behind. Then, I followed him.

“Nice impression, Appa,” I said sarcastically, “really? In front of my girlfriend?” I almost yelled.

“She is your girlfriend now? After two years you called her a ‘witch’? What’s wrong with you son?” he said mockingly.

“It doesn’t matter now. I love her and she is my fiancée by the way.” I firmed.

“What you’ve said?”

“You’ve heard me,” I said as I looking to his eyes, “getting married.” Without hestitation, I rang my glass with a spoon to get the attention.

*TING*

Everybody looking at me now and I get their attention.

“Everyone, I have an announcement,” they stopped their activity like chatting, eating, or drinking, “that Seohyun and I were getting married.” Everyone in the room was shocked. Even my family was shock too when I declare that. And I remember, I should called her.

“Honey, where you at?” suddenly Seohyun came, “there you are. Come here.” and everyone in the room give her an applaused.

End of Yonghwa’s POV.


After Yonghwa declared that they’re getting married, Seohyun slowly approached Yonghwa.

“So that was your idea that now it’s the perfect time to tell everyone that we were engaged? ‘Cause it was brilliant idea.” Seohyun said sarcastically while her hand holding a glass of champagne and Yonghwa just nodded. After Seohyun said that, there’s a girl called Yonghwa’s name.

“Yonghwa. Annyeong.” she smiled to Yonghwa.

“Shinhye? Oh my God, annyeong!” Yonghwa hugged her. “How are you? I didn’t know that you will come.” Seohyun only watched them and she just drank her champagne.

“Your mother, maybe want this to be ‘surprise’, so…..surprise.” Shinhye explained to Yonghwa, still with her smile. Yonghwa can’t take his eyes from Shinhye. He smiled like a fool.

“And we’re being completely rude,” she said, “Hi, I’m Shinhye.” she greeted Seohyun. After Shinhye greeted Seohyun, Yonghwa got his senses back.

“Hi, I’m Seohyun.” she smiled and bowed to her. Her eyes like, ‘Who is she?’ to Yonghwa.

“Oh God, sorry Seohyun. This is my ex.”

Suddenly, Seohyun felt her heart hurt so much.

 

Author's note:

It's a short update again, mianhae. I guess the conflicts maybe in the next chapter kekeke*^^* and also I tried to update more this week because next monday i've go to school._. anyways thanks for your support, your suscribes and the comment you gave to me^^ you guys are jjan~!!