Chapter 3

Unexpected Love

Seohyun’s POV

What am I thinking? Why I want to do that? I must be crazy right now after I proposed him infront of public. When I do that, many people staring at me so weird like, ‘What is she doing?’ or ‘Woman strange nowadays’. Actually if  I’m not being kicked from this country, I won’t do that. Ever.

“Yes.” he said while he smile sarcastically at me. I’m blushed with that sarcastic smile. It’s so weird, huh? No, I can’t falling for him. I mean, he’s nice guy with a good looking. His body is nicely build, and one thing I like from him is his choding. When lunch time, I always looking at him just fooling around with his friends, Jungshin and Minhyuk. I know that Jungshin and Minhyuk are the youngest from the three of them, but it looks like Yonghwa who is like the youngest there. Why I’m thinking like that? I got my sense back and I looking at him.

“Don’t forget tomorrow you should come to Busan with me. And you should come to Seoul station at 5.a.m. If you late, then I don’t mind.” he explained. His voice so cold.

“Alright. Buy some discount ticket, so you still have money for your parents in Busan.”

“Ck! You think I don’t have money? Just because I’m just an assistant and lived in small apartment, doesn’t mean I don’t have money.” he said and leaving me behind. Alone. Why my heart feels so hurt after he leave me? No, Seo Joohyun, you can’t like him. You know, he’s like the other guy in this city.

I stand up and start cleaning my knees. I wear my BLANC & ECLARE glasses for covering my embarassment even just for a little. I stopped a taxi. When on the way home, I sent a text to Unnie.

‘Hyoyeon Unnie, I’m getting married with him. You know him right?’


It’s so nice having a shower after so many bad things happened today. I’m wearing my pink panther pajama and bunny slipper. I’m heading to the kitchen for having a dinner while my phone suddenly ringing.

“Yeobosseyo, Unnie!” I said to Hyoyeon.

“Ya! Are you crazy? What are you doing with him? Are you pregnant because of him so you’re getting married with him?” she said with angry tone.

“It’s not like that Unnie.” and I started explained what happened today to her.

“Ah, it’s like that. Or, it’s you who falling for him after all this time? Maybe he still likes you, Joohyun-i.”

“Impossible, Unnie. Stop talking about him, how’s your day, Unnie?”


Flashback. Two years ago.

“Yonghwa-ssi, do you know who was sent me this flower?” Seohyun ask while her face was so lovely and her nostril flared because she was smelling the flower.

“I-I don’t know, Seohyun-ssi.” Yonghwa said. His face blushed so hard. Everyone can tell that he was falling in love with her. With Seo Joohyun.

“Oh, look! There’s a letter!” Seohyun said happily.

‘If you want to know who I am, meet me at the rooftop when lunch time.

 

P.S. You always beautiful, Hyun!’

Lunch time.

Seohyun who already at the rooftop, waiting for ‘someone’ anxiously. After a while, finally someone opened the rooftop’s door. And Seohyun almost got heart attack when she saw Yonghwa who the one opened the door and he holding some pink baloons and roses. Seohyun’s jaw dropped. It’s an unexpected! Her assistant! She smile for a secon, but she changed her expression. As Yonghwa slowly approached her, Seohyun took a step back from him. Of course, she made Yonghwa confused.

“A-Are you h-him?” Seohyun said with angry tone.

“Ne, Hyun.” Yonghwa said with his deadly smile.

“Why you did this to me?”

“Because I’m falling for you.”

“Why?”

“There’s no need a reason to like you.” Yonghwa still smiling.

“You’re a jerk! I thought we were friends? I don’t like you! I’m not fine with this! Just get out of my way, Jung Yonghwa!” Seohyun said while her eyes teary. Yonghwa shocked and stood stiff. Seohyun took the roses and she threw away the roses to the ground.

“I don’t like your flowers and this roses as much as I don’t like you. I hate you!” Yonghwa clenched his fist.

‘I swear I’m not gonna like you anymore. I hate you from now untill forever, Seo Joohyun!” From that moment, Yonghwa kept his promise to himself and Seohyun regreted so much. It’s a rule from both company that dating with co-worker is forbidden. Seohyun didn’t want to break the rule, because she might lose her job and she knew that she lived alone and only her mother’s cousin who helped her. She didn’t want to make his uncle disappointed with her. And there's another reason why she resist him.

End of the flashback.


Seohyun arrived at the station wearing a light-brown coat, black boot, and dark-brown scarf. She carried two big luggage while her left hand with her Channel purse. She is waiting for Yonghwa who doesn’t appear. It’s already five minutes late. She stomped her feet while she’s looking to a guy. The guy is wearing white T-shirt, blue jeans, and his hand handing gray coat. The guy also wearing a black glasses and wearing Adidas Wings sneaker.

‘Wah! That guy is extremely cool.’ Seohyun thought. The guy approaching her and he opened the glasses.

“What do you looking at? C’mon we’re already late!” It’s him! Seohyun doesn’t believe what she just saw. She doesn’t answer his question and she was just following him. They’re getting on the train. Seohyun sit near the window while Yonghwa sit beside her, of course.

“You should study,” Yonghwa said as he give Seohyun some paper. The content is every questions that they should answer for the interview later. “I know everything about you, so you should study about me.”

“Jinjja? You know everything about me? Let’s see..” Seohyun searching some difficult question to test Yonghwa. “My dog’s name?”

“Dubu. It’s too easy for me, try the difficult one.”

“Um, okay. What action I didn’t like the most when I’m in relationship?” Seohyun looking to Yonghwa, hoping he can’t answer the question.

“It’s still too easy. It’s mildang.” Seohyun shocked. ‘Why he knows the answer? Is he too know me ins and outs?’ Seohyun thought herself.

“I can’t believe it you know me so well.”

“And I’m sure that you have scars on your left wrist.”

“H-How do you know that?” suddenly Seohyun covering her left wrist with her scarf and her eyes grew bigger when she’s looking to Yonghwa.

“Your Doctor told me on the phone last month that you should had plastic surgery for your scars but you’re too busy back then,” Yonghwa explained, “what scars was it? Was it you got into a street fight?” he laughed.

“What woman am I who got fight on the street? I’m not like that.” she said, “I should study now and don’t bothering me while I’m study.”

“Thanks. It’s not fun to bother you. You ain’t no fun, Seohyun-ssi.” Yonghwa said and he prepared to sleep while Seohyun didn’t react to his sarcasm.

After a couple hours, Seohyun done with her stuff. Even she studied for two hours, she can’t remember well everything about him.

‘What’s wrong with me?’ Seohyun thought. Suddenly Yonghwa’s head on her shoulder. Her heart beating so fast and she’s afraid Yonghwa can hear her heartbeat. Seohyun looking to his face. ‘He’s so cute when he asleep.’  Her hand slowly approacing Yonghwa’s face and about to touch his cheek. ‘No! Seohyun hold yourself. You can’t be like this. You can’t!’ Her thoughts suddenly get her sense back.

“I’m sorry what I’ve done in the past,” she mumbled, “I’m hurting so much back then because of that jerk, so for some reason I don’t want to admit my feelings for you. I still remember what that jerk have done to me and I’m still afraid if you do the same to me like that. Mianhae.” suddenly, her tears falling down on her cheek.


Flashback.

Seohyun and Kyuhyun walking in the park. They talking about random stuff and laughing. They’re couple after all.

“Seohyun, I would never let you go. Even the stars start falling, I will be on your side. Always.” Kyuhyun said and he smiled to Seohyun. Kyuhyun’s lips slowly approach hers and finally he kissed her even just a peck.

“Saranghae, Oppa.”

Two months later, Kyuhyun proposed her. And he accepted. After that moment, when Seohyun tried to called him to discuss about the wedding. But there’s no answer. Seohyun came to his apartment. She knocked but the door doesn’t locked. ‘I feel like I shouldn’t be here, but why?’ When she came to Kyuhyun’s bedroom, she find out that Kyuhyun slept with another woman. They’re hugging each other, shirtless. Only the blanket covered their body. Suddenly Kyuhyun woke up and realised that Seohyun in there, watching him.

“S-Seohyun I-I can explain” Kyuhyun said but Seohyun just ran and ignored him. She cried so hard. Kyuhyun chased her and held her wrist but Seohyun against it.

“What do you want?! What do you want to explain to me?!” Seohyun shouted.

“I can fix it, please Joohyun-i.” he begged.

“You’d never fix it! You never really can fix my heart and you can’t fix what’s been broken! How could you be so cruel to me?! After all this time we spent together?! Don’t you dare to come back to me!!” Seohyun shouted out all of her anger, sadness. She left Kyuhyun behind without looking back. Her heart was broken so bad.

‘I’m too innocent to trust him!’ she thought. And from that day, she swore that she wouldn’t want in relationship again.

 

Author's note:

I'm sorry for the short update, I think I don't get much inspiration last night because IT'S NEW YEAR GUYS!! Happy New Year 2015~!! *bowed down* I hope you guys always healthy and keep stay tuned on this story because in the next chapter, there'll be more conflicts. Anyways thanks who suscribes my story, it means a lot to me and also thank you for giving me advice for this story^^