Chapter 6

Unexpected Love

Seohyun’s POV

I saw him dancing with Shinhye. He looks so happy with Shinhye. Right, I’m nobody for him and his family. Even though I’m here, no one notice me that I’m alone and needed someone to talk. Only my champagne, who understand me so well in this party.

It’s already sunset and the party was over. Everybody went to their home. I didn’t realized when everybody passed me, they congratulated me but I didn’t respond to them. Untill Mrs. Jung patted my shoulder.

“Seohyun-ah, you must be tired. You should get some rest.” She said to me. I just nodded to her and when I want to go to my bedroom, I took glance to Yonghwa. He still goofing around with Shinhye. But I heard what they talked about.

“It’s nice to see you again, Yonghwa-ya. See you around!” she said and she kissed his cheek. I’m shocked. But it’s normal. I mean, she’s his ex though. When I looked to Yonghwa, he was shocked too after he saw me stared at him.

“Ya! I-It’s embarrassing now. I’m not your little boy anymore, Shinhye-ya.” he said that with his adorable angry face.

“Why? You still be my little Yonghwa since we in elementary school.” she said as she hugged him, “I’m glad to see you again after three years.” After she said that, she walked to the door and waved to him.

“Carefull, Shinhye-ya.” he said as he waved back to her. I sighed and notice my nostrils were flared. I touched my nose and Yonghwa stared at me.

“Aigoo, Seohyun-ah, your nostrils flared again.” suddenly he talked and laughed at me.

“Ah, jongmal!” I said and went to the bedroom.

“Okay, this is your room.” Mrs. Jung said as she opened the bedroom's door.

When I looked to the room, it’s really nice with wooden decoration. There’s a big bed and beside it, there’s a fireplace made with red brick. The view was thoroughly to the beach.

“Waa, it’s beautiful!” I said, “And where is Yonghwa’s room?” I asked.

“He stay here with you, so you can..” Mrs. Jung smiled but her face means something. Right, ‘cause we’re engaged so his parents think that we already doing that ‘thing’.

“Oh, yeah, right, ‘cause we love to snuggle.” I said as I chuckled a little. After I said that, suddenly something sniffed at my feet. I was shocked and jumped to him with my eyes are closed.

“Oh, who is here?” he said happily. I opened my eyes and he picked up white little dog. The dog his cheek.

“I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah. Ichi is still trained to be familiar with strangers.” Mrs. Jung said as she played with Ichi.

“Just don’t let him out from the house or the eagle will chase him.” Grandma warned me.

“Don’t listen to her.” he said to Ichi.

“Alright, you two should get a rest. And if you want to take a bath or need extra blanket, you can take it in here.” she offered as she opened the cupboard. Suddenly, Grandma took out something from there.

“Oh, you two should use this blanket,” she handed me with the blanket, “it has special power.” she said and she smiled at me.

“W-What special powers?” we both asked Grandma.

“I called it a baby maker.” she said with her ert smiled and she also raised her eyebrows. I was shocked and handed the blanket to him.

“I guess, we should place it carefully, then.” I said while he threw the blanket to the bed.

“I’m so excited, that you were getting married!” Mrs. Jung shouted happily and smiled widely to us. She out of the room, but Grandma still stared at me also him.

“Good night!” she said and she went to the door finally. I exhaled my breath, so do him. But suddenly, Grandma shout.

“Good night!” I’m shocked. I thought she already out, but she’s not closed the door yet.

“G-Good night too, Halmoni!” we both said.

 

“I want to take a bath first.” Seohyun said as she headed to the bathroom. Yonghwa only nodded to her. He didn’t take a bath, he just changed his shirt and wearing a boxer.

‘What happen today with me? My feelings was mixed up back there.’ he thought as he stared to the window and both of his hands were inside the pocket.

‘Where should I sleep now? If I sleep on the couch, Omma will ask me.’ he thought again and he finally decided to sleep on the floor. Luckily, his bed room covered with a large carpet, so it’s not cold if he sleep on the floor.

He spread the ‘baby maker’ first, and he took a new blanket from the cupboard. Also, he took one pillow from the bed. He want to sleep, but suddenly Seohyun called his name.

“Yonghwa, are you asleep?” she asked.

“Yes.” he lied.

“A-Are your eyes closed?” she asked again.

“Completely.” he answered but his eyes were wide open.

“Don’t look, okay?” she warned him.

‘Why is she warned me? It just make me even more curious.’ he thought.

“Okay.” he said. Suddenly, Seohyun run from the bathroom and headed to the bed. He saw her.

‘Is she wearing Pink Panther’s pajamas? She’s 24 though.’ he thought. He wants to laugh, but he hold himself. Seohyun felt relieved and she doesn’t know that Yonghwa actually saw her.

‘I think he isn’t see me wearing this pajamas.’ as she think like that, she grabbed the blanket and covered up with it.

“That..is your pajamas you brought to Busan?” Yonghwa asked.

“I thought I’ll stay at the hotel,” Seohyun answered sarcastically, “but your mom wa—“

“Can we just..sleep?” Yonghwa cuts her line.

“Okay.” she answered quickly.

Seohyun tied up her hair and tried to asleep. She tried to closed her eyes but the sunset made her uneasy to sleep. Seohyun cleares .

“Hm, I think I’m not be able to slee—“ she said to Yonghwa and suddenly she heard click sound and the curtains closed automatically. Yonghwa was the one clicked the remote.

“Thank..you.”

After that, they’re still wide awake. They were still busy with their own thoughts.

Seohyun’s POV.

Next morning.

*RING*

*RING*

I woke up suddenly because my phone was ringing. I tried to find my phone, but I couldn’t find it.

“Yonghwa! Phone!” I whispered to him but almost shout. He didn’t respond my question. He just delirious.

“Yonghwa!!”

“Hmm…purse..side pocket..” he mumbled but he still in half asleep. I took my phone from the side pocket and I saw who’s called. It’s Tiffany Hwang.

“Yeoboseyo? Ne, Tiffany-ssi.” I answered her call. I shouted when I answered the call because the signal was very poor. Suddenly Yonghwa nagged at me.

“God! Seohyun!” he yelled because I was shouted on the phone and I disturbed his sleep. After he yelled at me, he covered himself with theblanket and went back to sleep. I grabbed the sleepwear.

“Where are you? Why you didn’t come last night?” she said. I forgot that I had meeting with her to discuss her project.

“I’m sorry, Tiffany-ssi. I forgot, I’m so sorry.” I said as I went out from the house to get a better signal. I grabbed a boots and I continues talked to Tiffany.

“Yes, it’s important to me….of course I’m not gonna lie.” as I talked to her, I gave my forehead a massage.

*WOOF*WOOF*

Suddenly, I heard a dog bark at me. I turned and searching where’s the sound come from. I found that Ichi already outside the house.

“Ssh!! Dog, I’m on the phone!” I shouted to him but he doesn’t stop.

“What?!” Tiffany shouted on the other line. She must thought that I talked to her.

“A-Aniyo. It’s not you, Tiffany-ssi.” I said to her and I’m so panic. Ichi still barks at me while suddenly I heard an eagle’s sound. I searched again thee sound and ignored Tiffany.

There’s an eagle perched in a tree while it eyes stared to Ichi and ready to attacked him. The eagle spread it wings and flew headed to Ichi.

“Tiffany-ssi, I-I just want you to be happy,” I said while I panicked because the eagle ready to catch Ichi with its claw.

“Wha—“

The eagle already picked up Ichi with its claw when Tiffany want to ask me. I cut her line and the eagle flew away with Ichi. Great.

“GIMME THAT DOG!!” I shouted spontaneously. The eagle didn’t drop Ichi. Of course.

“GIMME—“ when I want to shout again, the eagle drop Ichi. Maybe because it’s too heavy.

“Okay, okay..I got you..” as I said that, I ran to catch Ichi. When I catch him, the eagle, the eagle took a maneuver and fly back to me and he chased me and Ichi. I completely forgot that Tiffany still on the phone.

“Tiffany-ssi, I’ll call you back,” I still running, “and I’m sorry, I promise I’ll discuss this with you soon. Bye!” after I said that to Tiffany, I do the squat to avoid the eagle. While my hand is in the air, still holding the phone. But the eagle suddenly took the phone from my hand. And he flew away. Not coming back.

“No no no!! Don’t take the phone! Take the dog!” I said and raised Ichi to the air with my hands. Still not coming back. Oh God.

Yonghwa’s POV

I woke up after I heard someone shouted from the outside. Ah, it must be her. I got up and I grabbed my gray jacket. Before I go to downstairs, I washed my face. After that, I went downstairs and about to find Seohyun. But, I only heard someone chuckle from the kitchen.

I went to the kitchen and I found my mother and grandma chuckle as their eyes looked out to the window.

“Did you see—daah!” I want asked them where is Seohyun, but my eyes saw Seohyun holding Ichi and she raise Ichi to the air. ‘Is she crazy?’

“Isn’t she cute?” my mother said to grandma.

“I thought she doesn’t like Ichi.” Grandma said.

“Honey, can you tell her to get ready soon? Tell her we have surprise for her.” My mother said to me and I just nodded as I opened the back door. I saw her still holding Ichi. I chuckled and I want to burst my laugh. But I hold it.

“Ya! What are you doing?” I said and she turned around, looking at me. Even from afar, her eyes were sparkling.

“Oh my God! Your grandma was completely right. The eagle chased Ichi and he took my phone!” she explained in panic tone. And I’m just confused.

“Are you drunk?” I asked her sarcastically.

“No! I’m serious, Yonghwa!” she said again, “And he took my phone! What am I supposed to do without my phone now?!”

“Relax, we’ll be going to the town, get a new phone with the same number, okay?” I said and tried to make her to calm down, “You should get ready now.”

“For what?”

“You and the girls will go for shopping, sightseeing, and..”

“I hate shopping and I hate sightseeing.” she said.

What kind of woman who hated those two activities? Is she an alien?

“Now, gimme a hug before my mother thought that we fight.” I said and I pulled her closer.

“No! I don’t want—“

“Hmm, we’re good now.”

I felt this feelings again. I don’t want to let her go. I want to hug her so tight and keep her by my side. But I can’t.

 

Author's note:

I hope you like this chapter^^