Chapter 5

Unexpected Love

Seohyun’s POV.

“This is my ex.”

I don’t know why but it feels like thousand stones hit my heart when he said that. I mean, why I felt like this? Even he’s not my boyfriend? I’m just his fake-business-fiancee. ‘Relax, Joohyun. You don’t have right to get jealous over his ex.’ I thought myself. I drank my champagne while Yonghwa still talking with Shinhye. Actually, I kinda jealous whenever he smile so peacefully because of her. Or I should get his attention? No! Joohyun, hold yourself! When I tried to join their conversation, suddenly Shinhye asked Yonghwa.

“So, tell us the story.” she said as her eyes sparkling enthusiastically.

“What story?” I can tell that he’s a little bit confused.

“How you proposed her.” she said. People who heard what Shinhye said, they just said like, ‘Yeah, tell us the story of yours!’ to Yonghwa. Gosh! This is a disaster. Even his grandma persuade him. What should we do?!


“So, what should we tell to them?” he mumbled to Seohyun. While Seohyun’s face just like her soul is coming out from her body.

“C’mon, we want to hear the story, Yonghwa-ya.” Mrs. Jung said with her dearest smile.

“Um, actually, Seohyun would like to tell us the story while I will sit beside you.” he smiled to Seohyun. While Seohyun thinking ‘is he crazy right now? How I can tell them even I don’t know what should I say to them! I mean, it’s not story telling competition though!’ Seohyun nagging to Yonghwa in her thoughts. She exhale her breath, deeply sighed as she prepared.

“Well, um...” she said nervously.

“Um....” she still confused what exactly she wants to tell.

“Well, I-I um...” people stared at her anxiously and indeed with their curiousity. Seohyun panic and Yonghwa saw her nostrils flared. He wants to laugh, but he hold himself.

“Well, it’s when we, uh...celebrate our first anniversary, he sent me a tiny box. When I opened the box, I saw big....sparkling...” when Seohyun tried to tell the fake proposed story and going to said ‘ring’, suddenly Yonghwa cut her line.

“It’s nothing in the box.” he said and everyone goes like, ‘What?’ Yonghwa succeed to get their attention. He learned from one of the famous editor in Seoul, it’s ‘If you want the readers loves your story, one thing you should do it’s get their attention first.’ untill today, he still remembered the quote. “But..” when Yonghwa only said one word, everyone was like they found light in the midst of the dark cove, “inside that box, there’s an address to the hotel, with the number’s room, the time and..”

“I thought he was cheating over me.” Seohyun added suddenly while Yonghwa got confused.

“But, I still go to the hotel. When I arrived, I kicked the door and it wasn’t locked. I saw he laying on the bed full of flowers and there he was...”

“Standing..” Yonghwa added.

“Kneeling..” Seohyun tried too.

“Like a man.”

“Wearing tuxedo. Your son..” Seohyun said as her eyes looking to Mrs. Jung with her surely face. But Mrs. Jung only opened , ‘is she believe it? Her face doesn’t seems like that’ she thought. Seohyun tried to make Mrs. Jung believed her as she nodded and she smile. She finally continued to talk.

“He’s chokingly back there, with soft soft sobs,” Yonghwa looked at her like he doesn’t aggreed with the story she made about him. But Seohyun talked again, “and when he’s relax and tried to breath, he said..” this time, Yonghwa should says something to save his pride.

“ ‘Seohyun, will you marry me?’ And she said ‘ Yup.’ The end. Who’s hungry?” he looked to his mother and his grandma while they were tried to smile, pretends that they understands with the story. Yonghwa looked to Seohyun and he mumbled to her, ‘Good job!’

And the guests responds their story with, ’Waaah~’

“That..is an amazing story.” finally Mrs. Jung respond. Yonghwa felt relieved after his mom said that and he looked to Seohyun.

“Gorgeous, right?” he said and suddenly his grandma grabbed his hand.

“Oh, Yonghwa-ya. You are so romantic.” she said as her hand squished his hand. Yonghwa felt great and he walked, standing beside Seohyun. ‘I thought they won’t believe me.’ he thought to himself. Seohyun felt relieved too and she smiled to Grandma. Suddenly one of the guests, rang his glass with the spoon.

“Ya! Let’s see how you two kiss.” he said and the guests was like, ‘Yeah!’  Both, Yonghwa and Seohyun shocked and they looked to each others eyes.

‘What should I do?! I don’t want to kiss her!’ he thought.

‘I knew this would happen, sooner or later.’ she thought. While Yonghwa tried to refused.

“No, c’mon man!” he said while his mother and his grandma said,

“Oh yeah! You should, Yonghwa-ya.” as the guests said like his mother and his grandma.

‘Ah, I’m in trouble!’ he thought himself again, but he finally aggreed, “Okay, alright.”

‘What? Did he just said okay?’ Seohyun shocked and her heart was beating so fast. Suddenly, Yonghwa hold her hand.

“Okay, here we go. Ready? Mwah!” he kissed Seohyun’s hand and raised their hands to the air like they won at the competition. But everyone in the room felt disappointed, and one of them shouted.

“What’s that? C’mon man, kiss her on the mouth!” While Yonghwa and Seohyun faces seems they’re in trouble, the guests start to persuade them.

“Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her!” as they said that, they clapped their hands too. And suddenly.

“Okay!” Yonghwa  aggreed to them. It’s useless refused to them. They’d never give up though. And Yonghwa felt wrong to kiss Seohyun in front of his ex, Shinhye. Seohyun also felt wrong too. She only smiled bitterly.

“Okay!” both said as they exhale their breath. They kissed. But they only pecked each others lips, not a passion kiss. His grandma complain to them.

“Yonghwa-ya! Give her a real kiss!” she shouted.

“A real one!” one of the guests said too. Yonghwa whisper to Seohyun.

“Why we just don’t do it? C’mon make it fast.” he said while Seohyun just aggreed with him.

Slowly, they close their lips to each other. And their lips met. Their lips pressed against each other in a long time. Even it’s just a peck kisses, Yonghwa felt something when he kissed Seohyun. He feels great when he kissed her. While Seohyun’s face blushed so hard when she kissed him, and she smile.

Seohyun just feel awkward after she kissed him. She saw different side from him. She tried to looked away as Yonghwa stared at her with his confused face. Yonghwa just sighed but his heart was beating so fast. ‘What’s wrong with you, Yonghwa? You can’t like her. Again.’

Grandma hugged them happily, “I’m so happy for both of you!” she said as she hugged them so tight, “I’m so happy!”


Yonghwa’s POV.

I felt something after that kiss, like ‘that’ feelings come back to me after she rejected me. After I kissed her, she looked at me and I tried ro avoid those sparkled eyes. But, I can’t. I stared at her for a while and she realised that I’m staring at her. She’s just go for recharge her glass for a champagne. I watched her back.

‘Even her back so beautiful! No, don’t even think that again, Yonghwa! Wake up! Remember when she hurt you!’ I thought and suddenly Shinhye come to me.

“So, how’s your life in Seoul?” she asked me proudly. She knows my dream when we still dating on high school. I told everything to her.

“Well, it’s just like that. Wake up in the morning, buy some coffee, and working, day and night.” I said as I smiled to her.

“I was kinda shocked when you’re home, you were already engaged. I’m so happy for you, finally you found someone good for you and understands you, ins and outs.” she said as she smile to me. Ah, I miss her smile, but not a lot like when I went to Seoul after graduated.

As I talked to Shinhye, I stole glances to Seohyun and she still drink her champagne. Looks like she’s so lonely. Everyone just passed her and no one talked to her, even my mom and grandma just talked to each other, probably discuss something. I want to catch up with her but suddenly Shinhye grabbed my hand.

“Ya, let’s dance!” she said. I want to, but when I saw Seohyun being alone like that, I hurted so much.

 

Author's note:

Yup, it's another short update agaain. I'm sorry guys, I think I'm not that type a person who likes to do a long update._.I tried to make this chapter a little longer, but when I'm in school, my friend doesn't let me to do it and she keeps stealing my book because she wants to read the story. Anyways, thanks to you guys who subscribes my story and thanks to you who still stay tuned to this story, I promise to update soon^^