A smile

MoonBang

« Moon. Never underestimate how I care about you. »

She stayed silent for a while. « Mom was able to do anything to get alcohol and drugs before she had me. I'm so afraid my father is a drug addict or a drug dealer. You know it's way more easy to not know. To tell people you were a mistake. »

Her hand came to squeeze the blanket as she tried to calmm herself and breath. « I'm so afraid to realize that I'm garbage. That the father I never had was never worth I mmet him. What if he is in jail or selling drugs ? Or I don't know a proxenet ? A ganster ? Mafia gang ? What if he wanst me to give him back money for my mom comsumption ? I hate remembering how I was conceived.  I know I was an horrible mistake for my teenage mom. I hate thinking on how she got thown away from her home. How they never tried to contact her, or even me.»

Moon stopped herself as she spoke very fast. She closed her eyes and sighed longly. She hided half of her face in the blanket and looked back at me, her voice just a whisper now. «  You know, I can understand why she wanted to forget her ty life. »

I pursed my lips. I knew that she was a sad person but now knowing her deep thoughts, I realized how dark her sould was.  « Moon, why do you think like this ? Why should your dad be a bad person like this ? »

She looked at me with sad eyes. « YongGuk, Mom was a junkie. Junkies they end up knowing all the bad people of a city. Believe me. There's a huge probabily that Mom had for drugs. I mean how is it still a supposition. She did it. »

I sighed. She was maybe true. She looked so sad. I cupped her face in my hands and tried to make her feel better. « But even if your dad is the biggest scum bag on earth, Moon do you realize how great you are of a person ? You always took care of your mom, granting every of her crazy demands, providing her food money, rehab. You're nice. You are kind, generous and so sensitive to people. You can take care of people very well, you always think about their feelings first. You're a real angel Moon. So you shouldn't be worried about your possible scum bag dad. And maybe he's just an ordinary person, you know ? »

She considered what I said for a while. « I just want my dad to be a normal person, I don't want any drug addict anymore in my life, neither an alcoholic. I'm a human being, I'm a decent one so I want bad things to stay away from me. »

I nodded and she closed her eyes. I hugged her, wanting to give her comfort. She grabbed so tighly my shirt that I could feel it streching on my skin. She ended up asleep here against my chest, her hands my shirt. I looked at her hands and undid the fists, making them rest on my skin. I kissed gently her forehead, wishing that she won't have anymore nightmare.

When I woke up, it was  noon. Moon was still asleep and I stretched looking around. Moon was a very simple person. A simple photo of her ex group was decorating the wall in front of us. She looked the prettiest out of them. Or no. Maybe my eyes were'nt objective anymore and just found her figure in a millisecond, used to have her as the view.

I stood up to take a glass of water and coming back I realized Moon was up.« How come you woke up ? »

She shrugged, and  she was still groggy from sleep, I was relieved to see she grabbed a nice night of sleep. « You left with your warmness. And the bed became cold again. »

I cleared my throat. This wasn't meant in any ual sense.Just that once I left, she felt cold. I lied back on the bed next to her and she smiled softly.« What are you thinking about ? »I asked softly. She looked midly amused and it was a nice change from yesterday night.

A finger of her came to check my temperature on my arm.  « If we could distribute you to poor families, nobody will feel cold anymore. And they would save some much energy. »

I laughed at her joke and ended up wincing in pain. Moon looked at me with worried eyes. « I have ointement. Wait here. »

She came back with a chinese balm. « You're going to reck of chinese balm but it's really effective. »

As she came to my side, she cleared . « I'll remove your shirt. »

She did it softly. As always, her fingers on my skin were ice cold and made me gasp for a minute. She gave me a sorry look.

« Sorry, I'll try to do that without touching you. »

Never ever had I a girl remove my shirt this gently. She took her time so the collar won't brush my face and folded it next to her before looking at my skin. It looked still bad. The purple rounds here and there were stealing the spotlight of my tatoos. I looked at her eyes wander around and soon she started to warm up the balm in her hand.

She applied the ointement on the bruise, making sure to massage so it could penetrate the skin. It hurted at first, then the balm ended up making the bruise cooler and almost earse the pain away. At the end it felt really good. I ended up showing her my legs, thanking god I was wearing large shorts, allowing her just to lift it to apply it, instead of just letting her remove my shorts leaving me in boxers.

She helped me to turn around, and I ended up sitting on the bed my back facing her as she was leg crossed on the bed. I felt more brave to speak, as we couldn't look at each others eyes.

« You're not curious to know what happened ? » I asked.

She stopped to apply the balm on my skin, her hesitation so strong that I felt her sigh caress my skin. Soon, she focused back on her task. « It's your personnal life after all. But I mean you should be careful. You're a human being and you deserve respect. »

« Hyunah and I get into a fight... » She stayed silent, waiting for more. « She found our photos and came to the conclusion I liked you. »

« So she became so angry she beat you up ? You're covered in bruises, YongGuk. »She said, her worries showing up in her voice

« I told her to hit me so she can get revenge on me. You know her life wasn't easy and now I told her to break up, she couldn't bear it. »

She nodded. « So you broke up ?»

I had a giggle. « Yes I did. I had to stop before everything became bigger. She handed me the divorce papers, so I can marry her. I had to do so. »

She stayed silent. The silence resonated in the room. She finished her task and I turned myself, facing her once again. « Now I want Moon Hyuna. »

She stopped her gesture and looked at my serious face. « And then you'll want Jung Hyuna ? Lee Hyuna ? Baek Hyuna ? Park Hyuna ? »

I blushed a little bit, grabbing her hand. « This is not a stupid boi list, Moon... Hyunah »

She frowned. «  You're fooling yourself if you think you're making me happy by calling me Hyuna. »

I nodded softly. « Did you think about our situation while travelling ? »

She shrugged, making me sigh. I souldn't fool myself. I was the one crazy about her. Not the contrary. Moon stood up and went to search for a bag. « But I've bring you back a gift. »

I looked at the gift box and opened it, quite touched she thought of me for real. A thin piece of paper was folded and as I unfolded it, I smiled. She brought me a painting. « Thanks. »

« I was debating if I should get it or not. Because it's colorful and you love black and white things. »

I shrugged. « I love it. Thanks you very much. Did you have a nice trip ? »

 

She searched for the things so she could show me, she brought back tons of photocards and soon she explained to me the warmness of the people there. The quiet yet busy street. Her feeling of peacefulness there. Her way to speak showed how she liked this trip alone. I knew she wouldn't be bothered to be alone, but instead feel peaceful and relaxed. I looked at her new acquisitions with a smile. I know she never spent much for herself before. She looked honestly happy for them. It was enough for her.

« Oh I also have something for your mom. I don't know if I should have but here it is. » She showed me proudly a wood plate, tipicall from the islands. My mom started too cook and will be happy with her gift. I was sure of that. « Okay. I have to cook now. »

I moved to the kitchen with her, ignoring her advices to stay in bed. « I'm fine. The balm really helped a lot. »

She ended up giving up and I looked at her cook. « Should I help you ? »

*

Moon

I giggled. « Bang, you can't even remove your shirt alone. »

He grinned. « God, I didn't know cooking required to remove my shirt alone. I think it's nice enough I have you, you do a fantastic job at removing shirts. »

I looked at his amused face and rolled my eyes, making him giggle.« I always cook alone anyways. It never bothered me. »

He nodded and grabbed a piece of tomato to devor it. « Oh, did someone did grocery ? »

« Himchan. He helped me a lot after she ... » Bang started to say, without ending his  sentence.

I  sighed looking at him stare at the chair of the living room. « She's very violent. I mean she killed my cats, she broke the table of glass of the living room, and many other things and... assaulted you. »

« Life was not kind with her. I know you may resent her, you have the right to do so. But really she is so delicate. I hope she'll search for help. »

I nodded and kept cooking. While I was cooking, I feltt his eyes on me and let him stare at me until it felt very long. « I won't disappear any soon. Stop staring. »

« Sorry. Do you feel better after yesterday ? »

I shrugged. « I guess. I don't know if I really want to meet with him. »

« You can just read the file. It'd be already fine for your curiosity. »

I nodded absent and let the meat fall on the poele. I was preparing the soup when YongGuk came to hover my body, resting his head on my shoulder.

« What are you doing ? » I said gasping.

He took a step back and cleared his throat. « Sorry. Just, it looked tempting. »

I looked at him and waited for more explanations. My eyes made him look down and he sighed. « Gosh, those eyes. You're taking good care of me. Mom never cooked for me. Like, no woman did that for me. You were the first and you're the woman I like. So I feel happy. »

I giggled. « Look at yourself before speaking. You look horrible with your purple-ish eye. Anyone would have some compassion and take care of you. »

His jaw dropped as I laughed in front of him. Suddenly he brought his arms around my waist, and made our two bodys touch, in a hug. I gave him an half amused, half confused face and he smiled « See even like this, I make your heart miss a beat. »

I gave him a daring look and brought my lips close to his, without kissing them. I sighed longly, letting my breath wander on his lips in anticipation before directing my lips to his ear. « And now whose heart is flustered ? » I said, before going back to my cooking. YongGuk froze for a while and I tried to hide a laugh. He was weak for sure.

« You're evil. »

I looked at him and shook my head. « You said I was an angel. »

He sighed. « Whatever. If you don't plan on kissing me, don't tease me. »

I nooded and let the silence fall back between us. « YongGuk, why do you like me ? »

He looked at me,quite annoyed. « Told you yesterday »

I nodded and soon out of blue I asked :« Do you remember the first time we met ? »

He looked confused. « You mean the fake wedding ? »

I shook my head. « A long time ago, you may not remember. »

*

I was confused. « No tell me. I want to know. »

She bite her lips. « It's stupid really. Once you made your mic fall in front of me. I gave it to you and you thanked me with the brighest smile. »

I don't remember that at all. She had a nervous smile. « See, you don't remember. I knew your songs, I mean even your underground songs. You was so popular even then I had friends that couldn't stop talking about you, so I ended up really listenning to your music. »

I felt touched. I would have never iagine Moon would listen  to my music. Never ever. It felt great to just learn about her. We wtarted to eat as her food was ready and I was too curious to stay silent now. « So you thought of me ? »

« Yeah. »

« So ? »

She stood up and came to put her forehead against mine. « Moon it's not funny anymore to play with my feelings, I've told you that- »

I was cut by her lips on mine. For a moment I couldn't realize what was happening. Her lips were soft, fresh and applying the right amount of pressure on mine. Her hands was on my neck, caressing the veins that were bulging. As a representation of her, the kiss she gave me was soft, so gentle, giving me the sentation that an angel kissed me.  She pulled away and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

« Let's try. »She said. I gave her my annoyed eyes and she quickly explained herself. « I mean, nothing played on our side. I realized you are more than the scary and moody man you were at the start but also that you are really caring and heartwarming. It's nice. This feeling of having someone next to you. »

I nodded with a huge smile. I didn't have the world to explain how happy I was she was willing to try.

We looked at each others and smiled to each other. I gave her the most brightest smile of mine when she gave me her heartwarming smile, dreamy smile, with her eyes turning into half moon.

It was the start of something new.

 



 

Gosh, I can't realize this is the end. I will probably end with a sequel, a last chapter to really end this story. I felt like ending this like this, on the start of a blossoming relationship. At start, I was supposed to crush YongGuk heart at the end. Hyunah would have beat up Moon and she would have run away. I had already imaginated the scene. You know like years after this marriage, the divorce.

 

YongGuk would have not bear the fact that Hyuna hurted Moon and would have left her. And one day, without expecting it, he would saw her. He would saw her walk in the street in a pretty dress, glowing as if she never grew older. She would catch his eyes on her and gave him a cheeky smile. For a second, his heart feels warm again, his senses awake. Then, he would see a man walkback to her and grabb her hand. Someone he knew. Hyuna neighborg. They would walk away, holding hands, crushing his heart in the same time.

 

But .... I decided this ending was way too sad for this fanfic that is already very dark. So I ended up giving a chance to this couple. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for sticking with me until the end. Thanks for all of you, my active readers and silent readers, who follow my story with passion ( I hope so ) It was a pleasure to write this for you !!

 

See you for the last chapter !!!