Your room

MoonBang

I went to pay for our drinks. Moon didn't touch hers at all. She didn't want to drink something my dad ordered for her and ended up paying, like the waitress told me. « The man leaving already took care of it. »

I put my wallet back in my pocket and exited the coffee shop, to find Moon smoking in silence. Her fingers were shaking, yet her stature while smoking didn't give the impression of a troubled woman. I could see through her armor and see the main emotion her body conveiled : sadness, emptyness.

 

« Maybe we can persuade her to stay ? » I said doutbful of my own sentence. She raised her eyes on me, noticing my presence next to her for the first time. She looked like someone I woke up from a nightmare, wide eyes and mouth in « o » shape. I backed off and she sighed in relief.

« Sorry, I didn't want to make you jump in surprise. »

She shrugged and her cigarette coming to an end, she crushed it under her shoe. This heartbroken daughter looked at me and shook her head. « No, we can't. »

 

I paused hearing that. It took me few seconds to understand she was answering the question I asked. I tilted and asked to her :

« You don't want to see her a last time at least ? »

 

« She's the one who's leaving. If someone has to say goodbye, it's her. » She said with a sad voice. I grabbed her wrist, surprising her. We were in the freezing winter, and she had a long coat to cover her body but her hands were bare, making me worry. I urgently took her hands to warm them up. Her hands were ice cold, whereas mine were warm, so the temperature contrast was overwhelming for a moment, until gradually, her hands absorbed some of my warmness.

 

She looked at me doing that with unreadable eyes. She looked like a lost doll that someone was taking care of for the first time in a while.

 

« Let's just go home." I said, when my task was over. I put my gloves on her hands, making her blush and I hailed a taxi. She was still silent for the whole ride.

 

As we came back, her cats jumped on her. They were hungry. « I'm here, I'm here. 5 minutes guys. »

I looked at her give food to them, she stared at them intensely and sat just next to them. As soon as they were finished eating, they came to cuddle with her.

 

« I realized that my mom wasn't like the others very early. She obviously did an effort during my first years, but when I was 5 years old, she discovered that your dad setled down and became a dad. Mom was a pretty woman, with a pretty smile. I remember that she would always make  good impressions. When she started to drink and take drugs, she struggled but was able to make good impressions, hiding everything  with makeup. When I was a little older, she taught me how to cook and do many things in the house and she never did them again. She didn't make an effort anymore. She was just drunk or high all the time. We moved in a even tinier apartment in a crappy neighborghood where drunk or drug addict mothers were legion. »

She paused and removed the cat on her lap, to rest her head on her knees like a child, before talking back.

 

« She was broken and I tried to repair it. I started to model at sixteen thinking that the money I'll gain will change something. I gave her the pretty dresses, makeup I was receiving. We moved in a better neighborghood, she started to feel better. She would do travels, learn new things even if her state was fragile. Then, I became an idol because she always wanted to become a singer. She was so happy and proud of me. It was the first time. » Her voice cracked.

 

« It was always the both of us. Even more in the worst moments. » She stopped herself. I sat crossed legs, in front of her and my hand came to find her trying to comfort her, her cold hands in my burning ones.

 

« Your dad knows her as the bright young seventeen years old girl she once was and the charming lady she wants everyone to believe she is. I'm not sure that he loves her without her mask. At least ..."  Moon stopped to speak for a moment, gathering courage to ask. « Does your father was a good husband to your mother ? Is he violent ? Anything ? »

 

She was crying now. I pushed her in my arms and brought her on the sofa, the floor was too cold in this season, to even think about sitting on it. « He was the dreamy husband. He doesn't forget birthdays, anniversaries and love to do surprises. Roses, letters and stuffs. He never ever raise an hand on my mother. He do the dishes everynight. Help with cleaning the house. I think that we don't have to worry for them. I truly don't. »

 

She stopped to cry for a moment and cried even more. « But what about your mom ? »

 

My heart suddenly clenched. She was considering all the characters of the stories. Even the woman that had an happy marriage. I hugged her and rocked her body, in order to comfort her. I said gently « I'll be here for her. Like you was for your mom. »

 

She nodded and we stayed like this, her in my arms, her head against my chest as I rocked her to appease her and make her sleepy. After a moment, I woke up, eyes wide open. Moon was still against my chest, and we were both on the sofa. I sighed and lifted her, hoping to not wake her up. I moved us on my room the  closest one to the living room.

 

*

 

I sighed, as I woke up. I opened slightly my eyes, getting confused by the view in front of my eyes. A tatoo. I knew this particular tatoo. Trying to move, I realized I was in someone's arms. As I looked back the tatoo, I bite my lips.

Obviously, I was in YongGuk's room, in his bed and the best of all or the worst of all depending how you take it, in his arms. So tighly hugged, that I couldn't move at all.

 

I've slept in in my husband's arms for the first time of our cohabitation.I was surprised of how enjoyable it was, his warm body was pressed against mine, his arms tighly cupping my waist. I felt protected and loved. Thing that I didn't feel for ages. 

It was the first time I enter in his room. He had this habit of closing it with the keys when he wasn't there. And I wasn't the kind to barge on other people room like him. It was basic, not that messy. No clothes on the floor, yet computer left open, papers flying everywhere on the desk. .

I was taking a look around and I looked up the photos on his nightstand. A photo of him and Hyuna was put on it. I was embarassed by the view of this photo of them hugging and tried to get out. I set myself free of his embrace and suceeded in waking him up. He looked at me still groggy standing up outside the bed. His v neck shirt had suffered from his sleeping time, all wrinkcled and showing so much of his chest tatoo. He groaned, running an hand in his hair, eyes on me. I blushed.

« Where are you going ? » He said, with a raspier voice I never heard from him.

« Hmm, huh, I... » I started to mumble and he giggled. Bang YongGuk, the scary leader of B.A.P giggled. He made me lie down next to him and closed back his eyes.

« Sleep, you had a rough time yesterday. » He whispered to me.

« But I h-

He covered my mouth with his palm and speaked up. « Moon stop overthinking about this. Just sleep. »

His voice was firm yet gentle. I sighed and nodded to him. I still removed his hand from my mouth and the other one from my waist and lied a few inches distant from him. I heard him chuckle and closed my eyes, ignoring him, I was not facing him anyways.  I thought I wouldn't sleep anymore, too awkward, yet soon I found myself being sleepy and giving up to Morphee.  I woke up with sounds of someone screaming and banging at the door.

 

YongGuk stood up and smiled to me. « Stay in bed. »

*

« Where is that , YongGuk ?  Your dad left with her mom. » My mom vocifered, angry that she is. My rough guess is that Dad finally decided himself to tell about his project to Mom. She was completely out of her mind, trying to punch me and get into the flat.

« Mom wait. » She ran to the living room and not seeing Moon, she went to my room, and opened the room violently.

« So you're having your beauty sleep, while your mom steal away my husband ? » Mom said. Moon stood up and my mom as small as she was grabbed a pillow to punch Moon. I sighed and grabbed my mom by the wrist. "Mom stop that."

« Sorry, Moon. » I said, really sorry for Moon. She had finally spent a good night of sleep.  She nodded, eyes paniqued and looked at me leave the room.

I took her out of the flat and not-that-calmly explained that Moon didn't want that either. That she nonely deserves that narg, she did everything to make her mom better and ow she's gone. My mom listenned to me the whole time. She was froze, I never ever got angry at her. She started to sobb afterwards.

« Even you is on her side. I thought that you would be on mine... »

I sighed. « Mom ; she suffers already without you okay. I'm your son, I'll always be there for you. What do you want to do for now ? Move with us ? Me to move with you ? »

She smiled back to the huge smile I gave her, making me proud of her. « I want a new flat. Just .. spend a fefw days with me okay ? »

I nodded and hugged her. Mom was small. She was the cute young woman with sass that my dad fell in love with. I remember being so proud of being taller than her by a few inches, when now she's in my chest level. Having to see my tatoo everytime when she dislikes it so much. After a while, I opened back the door and she entered calmer.

She sat on the sofa waiting for me to get her some camomille infusion. « How am I going to do ? I can't even cook well, I never did the dishes at home Yong Guk. »

« I'll do it. » I said from my spot. Suddenly, Moon opened the door of the bathroom and went straigh to the kitchen next to me, she had showered and was looking less tired than yesterday, less heartbroken. She pinned her hair away from her face and smiled to my mom.

« Stay with us for munch. I just have to warm up a few things. »

My mom widened her eyes. She couldn't believe that Moon was this kind with her when she was insulting the girl a few minutes before. I know she was utterly shock by this angel-like behavior. She nodded, still very shy because she didn't ask for forgiveness and looked at Moon get everything to cook.



Sorry for the very late update. I started to have an idea to end this fic so things should be taking a quicker pace !!