Red heels

MoonBang

Italic = Moon

Normal = Bang

Purple = Hyuna

 

*

 

I hated this girl, she was tall, beautiful, kind and as wrecked as I was , I was sure that Yong Guk will fall for her. I didn’t know her personally, but the fact that she had my name bothered me. I was feeling so reassured when Yong Guk confessed that he never called her Hyuna. He promised me that he would never ever do that. I gained confidence with this meaningful act and was ready to reduce hers. The idea that both of them lived in the same house, shower in the same bathroom, eat in the same room almost everyday gave me nausea.

Yong Guk was a still a man and I knew those days spent together could affect his love for me. He would always complain about her, about how she was crazy about cats, how his father loved her, how he would try to make them fall in love. Honestly, I disliked those moments. When he’s with me, he should at least try to avoid  this subject, am I wrong ? This will always end in a little fight, I’d pout and he would cup my face and remember me that I was his Sun. But even this angered me, her name was Moon. If I was his Sun, she was his Moon. Hopefully, the moon is kind of useless.

I decided to invade their personal space. I wouldn’t ask to Yong Guk, he would obviously say “no”. In one of our rare dates, we went to drink some alcohol and I attacked his mouth, wanting to turn him on. His house was nearest so as as we were, we went there. I was careful this day to wear my visible red heels, I took them off in a rush, then I took my shirt off, rushing in his room. She would see it, she would regret this marriage and understand that Yong Guk is mine.

Yong Guk fell asleep  right after , and I wander around the apartment wearing his shirt. Going out of his room, I frightened myself with her stupid cats. I pushed them away, and went to the living room, it was clean. If before you could sense that a single man was living here with the odor of ramen, now the decoration was quite girly, I hated to say that but it looked nicer. With scented candles, here and here, lovelies objects, better prints. I was irritated by this fact.

I dared to go in her room. Opening the door, those stupid pig-alike cats followed me. A clean place , it could have been a normal one if there were less things with a cat print. Almost everything was related to cat, it was almost creepy. I was ready to leave when I heard the sound of the main door opening.

 

*

 

I would like to say that this wedding was not that bad, but this was before she first came. Bang would always mention her in our little conversations, remembering me my little and pitiful role of  wife but I never faced her. I was away for activities with Nine Muses and we came back exhausted, empty of any energy of this performance. I stepped in the house and even before taking off my sneakers, those red high heels surprised me.

I get it instantly and covered up my mouth, hearing nothing except my two cats, I’ve decided to take back my things, ignoring the fact that i was exhausted. I went to the  nearest convenience store and sat here, after byuing some water.

I  knew it, he warned me the first day of this numb wedding.  “Hyuna is my sun” he would say, with this jerky tone of him.

 I ended up sleeping here until the middle of the morning. I went straigh to Minah apartment and get ready with her for tonight show. Minah was always there for me, she was the only one that I informed of my wedding, she knew almost everything. She was the perfect friend, not asking for details, for crunchy and salty memories, she was the one I would have loved to have at home, just to lie on her lap and just relax watching a movie.

I stayed one week at her place, although I was thinking of the stupidity of my situation, it was one of the best week I’ve spent.

*

She didn’t came back and let those cats under my protection. I couldn’t believe it, she gave them food even before thinking of herself. She was decidated to them. So, i grew closer to them, i spent this week wandering in my apartment, taking care of her cats. I even was tempted to call my parents or her mother but I didn't, I've decided to wait for her explanations. Here I was, waiting for a wife I didn’t like, but that I had to protect.

My spouse opened the door, late at night trying to be silent. Realizing that I was still up, she just walked normally until the kitchen, ignoring me.

"Where have you been all week ?" I asked, trying to be calm.

"At Minah ‘s house."

"Who is she ?" I asked bluntly. She sighed.

"Himchan, Jong Up, DaeHyun, Zelo and Young Jae I know all your members, you could try to memorize at least my best friend." She said very calmly, I gulped and even if she shook me, I keep going with my interview.

"Why didn’t you come back ?" I knew she couldn't know that Hyuna came here, she was away for some of her activities. Honestly, I doutbed this, I  wished that she didn't know, and I needed to be reassured in this belief.

Moon looked at me, trying to sort out what I was thinking.

"Red Heels." The woman smiled mischeviously and I blushed. So, she knew. Moon came back the night when Hyuna come and just seeing those red heels she ran away.

She went in her room without further words and being the angry stupid boy I was, I followed her. I opened the door carelessly and regretted this gesture seeing her. She was topless, probably changing in pajamas. Now she was looking at me with widened eyes and I closed back the door, with shaking hands.

I shouldn’t have seen this, this creamy skin, this tiny waist and this wild y back. This night I realize that she was a woman, a fine as heel woman. Searching on the net, I realized that this expressionless Moon I was living with was nothing like this, Moon was a charming woman on camera, she had glamourous photoshoots, with such good expressions. It was with me that she acted like a robot, that she wasn’t herself.

I’ve never seen her eyesmile.

 

*

I’ve never seen his gummy smile.

The Yong Guk I love was the one smiling for silly things, laughing heartfully to life, the one I was living with had a killer face, and even simple questions seemed like a threat.

Except when parents would come. His mother hated me as much his father loved me. Bang Song Jun was fond of me, to a point I was disgusted of. After all, I was just the daughter of my mother.

They came eat as often as they could, I think that if we had regular jobs, they would have come every week. I was forced to cook, as the perfect wife and Yong Guk will try to hide how much he hated those dinners.

“You’re so beautiful , Hyuna, I’m sure my son will fall for you soon.” . Yong Guk couldn't help by rolling his eyes, tired of his father's comment.  I disliked those comments even more than my husband does. Do you fall for a person because she’s beautiful ? Anyways, I always nodded silently, not gracing the dinner from my voice, except when they were asking questions.

“How your mom is doing, Hyuna ?” Song Jun asked me with a different voice, this time it was not flattering or trying to care about her, he was really interested about how she was doing. My heart missed an hearbeat, did he have the right to ask this question ?

“Travelling.” I answered shortly, wanting to change topic already.

“With which money ?! Your mother was always broke as the poor alcoholic she was.” My mother in law said.

The couple looked at each others and suddenly nobody spoke. Yong Guk looked at me, with surprised eyes.“Your mom was alcoholic ?”

“Honey, you didn’t know ? She touched to drugs too. You should watch Hyuna consumption too, it could be genetic.” His mom replied, with a fake caring smile. I stayed silent, as she wished and ate the food, that I found tasteless. Here a brave act against my evil mother-in-law. Instead, surprisingly, my husband handled the conversation.

“Mom, why are you like that ? Moon never ever bought alcohol in all those months I lived with her. Plus I was asking this question to Moon.”

“Moon ?”  Bang said lightly. I was fighting against tears and his hands on my wrist brought me back into reality. I nodded, trying to stay expressionless.

“Moon isn’t her name, why don’t you call her Hyuna ?”

“You know perfectly who is Hyuna, she’s my girlfriend. Moon is the person you forced me to marry. I will never call her Hyuna.” Bang said, not hiding his hate in this sentence. He gave a "I'll kill you in your sleep" look to his mother and suddenly, the ambiance was electric.

I gulped at this moment. I looked at the person that will never call me Hyuna, the one that hated me for being the daughter of my mother, and finally the one that loved me for that fact. I wanted to run away , run far from those people because no one understood my situation, no one get how much it’s a torture to be here. Instead I just declared :

"We should eat dessert now."