September 2013, Seoul

You Love Her

Another long chapter (sorry) I promise that next chapter I will move things along faster!! Perhaps we will even get to October ;) 

It was nine o'clock by the time you woke up. Dara was sitting opposite you with a bowl of cereal balanced on her knees as she sat cross legged in pyjamas on a chair.
"Good morning" she said with a motherly kind of smile.

You asked to use the bathroom, and Dara lent you her deo and perfume to use. Having no other clothes, to your horror you realised that you had slept in what you were wearing from the day before. Dara was unbelievably sweet towards you, even going so far as to do your make up. You kept apologising over and over for having stayed over, but - again - Dara would have none of it.
"Weirder things have happened here" she said. 

You asked about Chaerin, Dara said that she was probably still sleeping; today was a day off for the band and her leader had always been known as a sleepy head, grumpy if woken prematurely. Before you left, Dara pulled you into a hug.
"It was nice having you here last night, don't hesitate to come again" feeling awkward, you said that she had been an amazing host, while you had been an uninvited visitor.
"Don't be silly, you're Chaerin's guest". You thanked her again; before writing a short thank you note with your number on it and slipping it under Chaerin's door. 

***********************************************

You got a text from an unknown number later that day:
- Why did you leave so suddenly?!
You assumed that it was from Chaerin. She did not sound happy, you wondered what you had done to offend her.
- I'm sorry ... didn't wish to outstay my welcome, and I had a lecture in the morning. Sorry again
You sighed. You had one chance, you told yourself, and now it was gone. 

Sarah and Min-jun gathered in your room to finish your respective essays, and (more importantly) to hear you tell them about your experience with 2ne1. You were midway through doing so, when your phone buzzed.
- Can you come over to the apartment? The code for the front door is XXXX and the number is XXX

Shocked, you broke off your tale to excitedly tell the news to your friends. Min-jun offered to drive you, and agreed to wait in the park outside to give you a lift back home.
Dara let you into the flat; if she was surprised to see you so soon, she didn't show it. 

"Chaerinie, she's here" Dara called. Chaerin soon stood in front of you; you bowed as low as your back would allow.
"Chaerin-unni, I apologise for neglecting to thank you properly for the generous hospitality that you offered me last night"
She studied you quizzically for a moment and then: "Your Korean is appalling"

You were taken aback, her tone was light and she had turned in a moment. 
"Who are you learning from?" You said the name of your professor.
"If you want, I can help to teach you", ok, that was a change. To be taught Korean by Chaerin?
"That would be amazing, if you would...". She promised that she would be in contact with a time that you could both meet up.

After that you made a hasty exit. Min-jun could hardly believe it when you told him, his eyes widening to the extent that you thought that they would pop out of his head. He grinned at you and told you that he would have offered to help you had CL not stepped in.

Your time in Seoul was proving to be much more interesting than you ever imagined it to be.

 

Did you like it? I will attempt to update tomorrow :3