September 2013, CL & Dara's Flat

You Love Her

"Ahhhh why is it so bright in here?"
Donghae had spoken. Having returned with Dara, he now cuddled up to her. You realised with a start that you were the tallest person there... Nearly a head taller than Chaerin, Dara and Donghae. 

You had loved Super Junior since 2009, and to see Hae here was brilliant. His English was adorable, and you thought he was perfect for Dara. 

"Donghae-ya will you cook for us?"
Planting a kiss on her lips, he agreed. Keeping up with their rapid fire Korean proved to be a challenge. Chaerin, noticing this, provided running commentary. 
"Come, sit down", she had seen you awkwardly dithering by the door. In the comfort of her own home she seemed far more relaxed. 
"Here, give me your coat", Dara had spoken, when she spoke in English her voice seemed to raise by an octave. You felt acutely embarrassed that you could not converse properly in their language. Call yourself a Korean university student, you thought bitterly. 

"Chaerin-ah, can we watch mean girls?" You sat next to her on the sofa. Dinner was edible - nice even, and at the end of the movie, Dara went to shower leaving you with CL and Donghae. Throughout the evening you had been texting with Sarah, now, though, it was 4am and she was asleep. 

"Chaerin-unni it is late, would you like me to leave?" You had spoken in Korean, trying hard at your accent. Chaerin looked sleepy, curled up in the corner of the sofa. 
"Donghae-hyung is staying over tonight, why don't you?" 
To you, this seemed like a fairly rapid escalation, but Chaerin and Donghae would have none of it. 
"Think of the time" donghae tutted
"The only taxi drivers out now are very seedy" 
"But, Oppa, I do not want to infringe on Chaerin-unni's and Dara-unni's hospitality".

"I insist." CL had roused herself into a standing position, and now she spoke with some authority. Your protestations, hindered by your tiredness, now ended, and you allowed yourself to be talked into staying the night. Showered, Dara now helped you and Donghae to make the sofa into a bed, while Chaerin found a duvet. It was nearly five before you went your separate ways, you to the sofa, CL to her bed, and Donghae and Dara to her room. 

You could not believe the events of the night, here you were sleeping in the girls' apartment. Ahh ~~~ you sighed to yourself, it's a strange world.