Glue part 2

The Date Proposal: Official Debut of the Anonymous

CHAPTER 8:

GLUE Part 2

 

 

LUNCH BREAK.

 

After Maám Chin conducted her class, she called me to her office. I followed her from behind.

We reached the faculty room and I followed her in.

 

“Wait here, Ms Yoo.”

I did. While she went somewhere, I scanned the room. Oh, there’s teacher Louis. What is he doing? His gestures are suspicious. He kept on looking in all directions as if confirming whether someone is watching. When he noticed that I was looking, he immediately changed his facial expression as he gave me an awkward smile. He’s new by the way. Hmm, he started teaching in this school just…last 5 months.

 

The door swung behind me revealing teacher Carmen coming in.

“Oh, Ms Yoo. You’re here.” She said to me then headed quick to her desk and took a paper.

She came near me and handed me the paper. I blankly stared at it. It’s a flyer about a literature contest.

“You already gave me one.” It’s the second time that she gave me this flyer and she asked me before about entering the contest.

“I can’t participate in this contest.”

Before teacher Carmen could even speak, Maám Chin came with a half feet tall pile of papers.

“Here. Ms Yoo, bring this to the student council office.”

EH?? Why me?

“These are the applications and important papers for the school festival. Handle it with care.”

I couldn’t say no. She’s terrifying when mad. “Oh…kay.” My tone is a bit hesitant but really, I have no choice. I lifted the pile of papers and ooh, it’s kinda heavy.

 

With no further complaints, I carried the pile of papers and went out of that room. As soon as I got out, the welcoming hallway suddenly appear to be so narrow and long. The student council office is in the fourth floor. I am in the third floor and it’s supposed to be a good thing if only the nearest stair is not under construction. As an unlucky result, I’m gonna have to take the other stair which is at the end of this hallway, straight ahead.

 

Okay. I can do this. If I can just listen to music then walking this long hallway with a heavy pile of papers will be a piece of cake.

 

I gently placed the papers down and reached for my phone in my pocket. I already wore my headset beforehand. I was about to turn my mp3 player on but some a s s  face appeared out of nowhere like mushroom.

“Yo.”

I ignored him, picked up the papers and just started walking. He went to block my way with a smirk.

“MyungSoo. What do you want?”

“Let’s have lunch.” His mouth grew forming a wide grin. Seriously, he’s acting like a kid right now.

“Out of the way.” I continued walking.

“I’ll carry that for you.” He again went in front of me, trying to block my way.

“Go away.”

Then again after a short pause and blankly giving him a dry look, I resumed walking trying hard to ignore him.

Despite ignoring him, I can hear his footsteps behind.

“I went to the cafeteria but you’re not there. I even went to that garden, but you’re not there as well. Can’t you feel my sincerity? I exhausted my energy looking for you. Can’t you just say yes? We’ll only eat, like any other human does. C’mon, I’m hungry.”

“I said… no. And no is a NO.”

This I’m carrying is starting to feel heavier. Ugh, this is his fault.

“Please?” He blocked my way while kneeling in front.

Can’t he just eat by himself??? He can just ask the flirtatious girls in my class! Surely they won’t let him down. I was about to ignore him again because we are starting to get some attention here, however, he yelled.

“Ji Ae! Please?!” He is still in his kneeling position.

This time, as I scan the background, all eyes are set on our direction. Gosh, this is humiliating!

“MyungSoo, don’t do that. Stand up,” I gritted my teeth with a forced smile.

“Not until you say yes.”

Some students passed right on our side and heard what MyungSoo just said. I noticed a girl suppressed a squeal. Others are staring while obviously secretly talking about me and MyungSoo. After calculating the options, I decided to act nice.

“Uh--, sorry! He’s got some mental issues! Hehe,” I said to them hoping it’s a good excuse and factual enough to believe. The eyes stopped staring.

I was about to scold MyungSoo but someone familiar appeared in the hallway right behind MyungSoo. It’s Krystal with her cheerleader friends.

“Oh sh*t” I cursed under my breath in panic. “MyungSoo, okay. I’ll have lunch with you. Just…stand up there, quick.”

“Yes!!!” He threw a fist in the air in victory as he jumped up.

However, when he finally noticed Krystal was watching, he fell silent. Krystal on the other hand, just avoided his stare and strode to the other direction with the cheerleaders tailing behind her.

 

That look in Krystal’s eyes…was that a tear I saw? It’s so transparent but I’m sure there was a grain of tear right at the edge of her eye that twinkled for a millisecond.

Guilt struck me. I don’t want to hurt anyone. But with this pretence…

hurting someone else and deceiving others is unavoidable.

 

MyungSoo patted my shoulder bringing my mind back on track.

“You did nothing wrong Ji Ae.”

I gave him a worried look. I’m more worried about this guy here. What if he couldn’t get Krystal back? What if the gap between them will just get wider?

“Ugh, don’t look at me like that. Here let me carry that for yah.”

 

----------------------------------------

 

We reached the Student Council Office. I was going to turn the knob when suddenly, it opened. Some guy stormed out of the office in a bad mood. He nearly bumped into me but good thing I was able to move to the side.

Reflex, eh.

When he’s already far enough, I recognize who he is.

“Hey!!! Kim Jongin! Get your  a s s  here this instant! Yaaaah!!!”

Some girl ran after him with great menace. She’s…fast. She caught up with him and knocked him down.

“Whoa.” I muttered in awe.

 

“Ji Ae. We only have thirty minutes left. Should I bring this in?” MyungSoo poked me on my chin.

“Oh. Yes, go ahead.”

It was not even a minute; MyungSoo and I are already heading for the cafeteria.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

The rest of the week went like that. MyungSoo, picking me up from my house; going to school together; eating lunch together; and dropping me off at home.

Although it was tiring to have a childish ugly-looking monster glued to you the whole day, somehow I am thankful because he temporarily fills up the space JiHyun left.

 

Before I got home, I went to pick up the letters when I happen to pass the locker room.

There was a student in there so I first pretended to be opening my locker. After a few seconds, she left. As quickly as I can, I grabbed the letters from the locker and immediately closed it.

I was near to success when suddenly a grade school kid appeared out of nowhere.

Oh Sh*t! I am caught red handed…?

 

“Helu!” She greeted me.

“Uh--, hehe, hi.” I tried my best-est to hide the letters behind my back. “Are you…lost?” I asked trying to divert her attention.

“No.” I stared at her, from head to toe. Let’s see…she has two pig tails, a cute back pack and…a high school uniform? She’s from our school.

She was busy scanning the room as if searching.

“Hey, kiddo. You’re a freshman?”

“Hm! I am your—err, Anonymy’s fan!”

“Oh. Uh, hehe. That’s…nice. Did you come here to send a letter?”

“No.”

“Eh? Then what are you doing in here?”

“Hm… Ahh YAAA! Protecting the letter locker!” After doing a 3-second karate stunt, she beamed while throwing her hands proudly on her waist, chin up and chest out.

“Oh.” Sh*t. The locker is empty already. And…the letters are still behind my back. God, please don’t give her the urge to check the letter locker!

I felt a cold sweat forming on my temple when out of a blue, this little freshman saluted at me.

“I shall be going now. Bye!”

Eh??? She’s…weird. Anyway, important thing is I got out of danger without exposing my identity. Whew!

 

 

 

End of Chapter

-------------------------