Glue part 1

The Date Proposal: Official Debut of the Anonymous

 

Chapter 7:

GLUE  Part 1

 

“MyungSoo sweetie. Eat more! JiAe, hand him the toast. Hihi,”

 

MyungSoo, for the second time, went to eat breakfast in our house. I’m pretty sure I threatened him not to come early but he’s so stubborn. Besides, mom is in love with him. Yuck.

 

“Dad, mom is getting more comfortable with this monster. Aren’t you jealous?”

Dad and I stared at those two. MyungSoo seemed to be enjoying mom’s special treatment of him. Ugh.

I keenly observed dad, his expression, reaction, and behavior but… weird. He appeared to be calm despite mom’s flirtatious actions.

 

“JiAe. There’s nothing to be jealous about.”

 

Eh??? He’s okay about this? Dad, MyungSoo’s going to take away the love of your life! And it’s my mom! I’m not okay with not having a mom! I will be bullied!

I turned to dad again and I saw him smiling at the two. Err. I don’t understand the atmosphere here.

I took a big bite on my toast out of frustration.

I don’t get it!

MyungSoo is…

 

“JiAe. Are you… jealous?” Dad whispered on my ear.

 

“Dad! Don’t do that. Err, goosebumps. And please! I’m not jealous of mom.”

 

Me? Jealous? What? Kidding me?

“Whoa. JiAe, I was referring to MyungSoo. I’m asking if you’re jealous of how your mom treats him.”

“Oh? Uh-hehe. C’mon dad. I’m big girl now. I don’t want to be treated like a kid.”

“If that’s not the case…then you’re jealous of their closeness? You’re jealous that mom is getting the attention of your MyungSoo?”

MyungSoo is no one but a childish arrogant boy who pathetically asked me to date him. I only accepted the offer since this is purely a pretence and a symbiotic deal! He gets Cheerleader and I get JiHyun!

I really wanted to yell an explKrystaltion but it was a major rule not to spill the beans to the adults but damn, dad. Me? Jealous of mom because she’s getting too much of MyungSoo’s attention? Wake up, dad.

“I know your age is at the peak of puberty and that nowadays teenagers are just so eager of becoming an adult so--”

Oh no dad. Don’t tell me you’re thinking I’m …ually active which an absolute mistake!

 

Before he could say another word, I cut him off, abruptly standing up from my seat in protest. “Dad!!! None of that will happen! Ever!!!” Yeah right JiAe, die .

I caught mom and MyungSoo’s attention which made them stop with their sweet talking. Isn’t that nice? Finally, I got through their little worlds.

“JiAe! Where’s your manners?” Mom scolded. “Sit down. And what is it that never will happen?”

MyungSoo smirked. He smirked! UGH! The nerve! The monster smirked at me while raising an eyebrow! God, he’s so ugly.

 

Okay, I’m overreacting now. I know, but…he’s provoking me!

“Nothing. Never mind.”

By that, I took my bag and went for the door not minding the unfinished food I left.

“I’m going to school.”

“You haven’t finished your food!”

“Yeah, whatever.”

 

-----------------------------------

 

How could he behave like that to mom, when he’s so hostile towards me! Argh. This is really bothering me. Plus, is it really necessary for him to bug me at home? Can’t we just have a pretentious relationship in secret? Wait, who says we’re in a relationship? We’re only dating.

Dating? Huh? We haven’t had a single date… Chamkaman. How do people date? Is MyungSoo and I dating already? What? JiAe? What are you worrying about!

But wait… if we really are dating already, I suggest we must do it in secret! That’s what kids nowadays do. They keep their relationships---dating relationships, from their parents. Why can’t we just do that MyungSoo?

 

I am walking on the streets going to school now.

While I am cursing inside my head, I felt a hand slid into my hand.

 

“Ji Ae.” He said as if greeting me. I didn’t notice him following me from behind.

“Hands off, jerk.” I freed my hands from his.

“Whoa, you really are strong. If I didn’t save you yesterday, you could have beaten those girls to death huh. Whoa look at those biceps! And your hands…” He held my hand once more, trying to examine each of my fingers.

“Don’t touch me.” I tried to free my hand from his but he held my hand even tighter.

Suddenly, he’s facial expression turned serious and that shocked me. His gaze, focused into my eyes that made me lose my anger. Then there’s the rapid beating of my heart that I could not understand. Am I scared of him? Why am I so nervous?

 

In front of my obviously surprised face, he smiled.

“Don’t be stubborn. This…,” He raised my hand that was locked into his grasp. “…is what a high school couple does. And this hand…is not for fighting, but for a man to hold tightly. Arasso?”

 

Muh? He just winked. What is he saying now??

 

“What that hell does th--” I couldn’t continue speaking when he pressed his finger against my lips.

“Shh.”

“Ngmmh mghngMmH!!!” This time his palm is covering my mouth.

“Shh. No complaining. Let’s just walk to school peacefully. Alright?”

 

 Like that, we walked to school while holding hands. As we got near the gate, I am feeling more and more anxious. I can feel my hand sweating. Oh God. We’re starting to get some attention.

 

The students are staring at the two of us.

I think I can tolerate it if these eyes could talk their minds out so that I would know what they’re thinking but…these students are just staring! They’re criticizing and they are mentally killing me!

 

I tried to slide my hand off him but to no avail.

 

“Let’s walk like this until we sit in the classroom.” He whispered in my ear—a gesture that made the watchers silently shriek, but on the other hand, this had just gave me goose bumps.

However, deep inside my consciousness, there’s a bit of shyness growing in me by his small gesture. He was not intently seducing me, was he?

Ugh, ignore it Ji Ae! Pretence, pretence, pretence. This is all a show, my dearest self.

 

While I am trying to put myself in complete ignorance of my surrounding, MyungSoo suddenly pulled me close to him as a student rushed passing us nearly bumping into me.

“Sh*t.” I mouthed in silence because my body is reacting to his actions. Dammit! I’m a girl afterall, eh? Darn Darn Darn! He is not even a man to me! He is a ert rude ugly monster!!!

 

I walked alongside him with an awkward silence between us.

However, from behind us, there’s a weird feeling…

As if someone is watching me…

 

--------------------------------

 

CLASSROOM.

When we reach the doorstep of our classroom, the room fell silent as they noticed me with this bastard. Among them is JiHyun. I looked at her straight in the eye only to feel the coldness in her eyes.

 

I felt something sting inside.

Suddenly, MyungSoo shook my hand that he was holding which stopped me from over-thinking about JiHyun’s cold stare.

MyungSoo led me to our seat and the moment that he and I sat down, he let go of my hand.

I was more shocked than thankful. I thought I would be the first to let go of his hand but…

Nah! Forget it, Ji Ae. Just be thankful that his ewwwy hand is no longer holding you. I feel more comfortable now. Thank Lord!

 

 

 

 

End of the Chapter

--------------------------------

 

A/N: This chapter is really short, I know. I’m currently busy with school but I’ll try to continue this chapter as soon as possible. ^^