HyungSik

The Date Proposal: Official Debut of the Anonymous

 

CHAPTER 2: HyungSik

 

Hey Anonymy, quit this crap. It’s not helping at all. You gave my girlfriend a ty advice and now we’re over. You … are so gonna pay for this. BTW, I know who you are.

YJ, be prepared.

 

I crumpled the paper and quickly took my things. All I can think about is to head straight home. I don’t have time to find whose sh*t is this, but one thing for sure; I still have time to run away because, somebody… someone, is going to kill me.

 

I was panicking. I was too noisy packing my things on my desk. My classmates stared confused and curious. They asked ‘whys’ and ‘wheres’ and I just reasoned out that I need to see the nurse because I’m not feeling well.

 

I know I’m over reacting right now. But really, I have been very careful from the past three years! BUT WHY God? How did he know? Oh, I knew this would happen. And this is why I hid my identity.

 

WAIITTTTT!!!!!!!!! A voice shouted in my head to scold myself.

Why are you running away? Look, it’s just his wild guess…

Right. Wild Guess. There’s no way he can find that out.

Think about it.

It’s not you who’s actually opening the letter locker, but JiHyun. And Jane has many friends other than you.

So there’s no way that you’d be caught.

The outlook of Anonymy, for the boys, is a cute pretty babe. And you’re not an inch closer to that, Yoo JiAe. They also think Anonymy is smart, but you? You fail in Math and Science. See? There’s no way. NO WAY will he be able to know. And that YJ? It’s not Yoo Ji Ae. Who knows? Maybe it’s Young Jae, Yang Joo, Ying Ji, whatever!

Point is, there is no way that he could find out…yep, there is no way.

*sigh*

I think I’m okay now…I guess.

 

----------

HALF AN HOUR PASSED.

 

Whoa. I can’t believe I actually skipped class just because I got scared. After an hour of trying to calm myself down with ice cream and all, I went back to the classroom.

I knocked and the door opened….Loading…

“Yoo Ji Ae, where have you been?” She asked in a strict tone with her arms crossed.

Oh God, it’s her. Tell me I’m just dreaming, because this totally is a nightmare. It’s Ma’am Chin, one of the teachers we call ‘terror’.

“U-uhm, I-i was in the school clinic…ma’am.” I lied. I was out the school trying to cut class and go home but realized that if I’m not yet completely figured and I disappear suddenly after receiving the threat (letter), I’ll totally be exposed in no time.

As cold sweat roll down my temple, someone raised a hand and backed me up, “Ma’am Chin, it’s true. She did go to the clinic. I was with her.”

I didn’t see who it was because my head was lowered out of humiliation and fear. Geez, really. Ma’am Chin is the worst terrifying teacher ever!

--------

 

After that period, lunchtime comes.

I am not really hungry so I just went to my favourite place. There is this area in the school grounds that is less visited by students and it’s a lovely pond with a swing; I call it, my office. [The place is named History Garden, made by the History department.]

This is where I spend most of my time. Well, unlike in other stories, the main cast goes to the rooftop. But in mine, the rooftop is the school populars’ territory.

Yes, you can say that I am somewhat popular at some angle because I, myself, am Anonymy but… my image just doesn’t fit. Plus…this little fame is not exactly brought by me. It’s someone else.

Anyway, as I was saying, my image doesn’t fit the word ‘famous’. My hair is plainly black and straight; my skin is pale that makes me look like sickly and weak; my face is…err, I don’t wear makeup; and t-shirt is my style. Probably because I think cute dresses aren’t for me, although I like staring at them because it’s cute, just… cute. When I wear them, I feel like I’m pouring poison on a pretty flower.

“Haaayyyy…” I exhaled heavily out of boredom as I kicked the sand underneath my feet while sitting on the swing.

I heaved another sigh as I hear a voice from the past.

=you will wait for me, right? And when I get back, you will agree to be my girlfriend=

“Hmm, how can he be so demanding? Ughhhh. My junior year in high school will sure be a looong school year without him.”

 

Plok. Plok. (the sound of the fish falling into the water after a jump) This place is really quiet. I like it here.

 

“What are you doing… here? Yoo Ji Ae-sshi.”

Oh! That voice! Where… I think I heard it before…

I lifted my head to see the person talking.

“Oh, it’s rare to have guests in this place… may I ask? Who… are you?” His face is totally unfamiliar but his voice… hmm…where…? it feels like I heard it just… recently.

“Hmm, my name is… HyungSik, Park HyungSik. I am new here.”

“Oh, transfer student!”

“Yeah, I am.”

“Wait… have we met before? I mean just recently? Your voice is familiar…”

“Uhmm.. y-yes? We attended the same class with Ma’am Chin.”

“Oh? ...OH! You’re that student who backed me up! Right?”

He nodded and he walked towards the other swing and sat.

Hmm… Something just came into my mind. Where the heck is JiHyun?! She didn’t even bother calling me… Hmm, I think I’ll just visit her after school.

“Uhm, Yoo…Ji Ae-sshi…?”

His voice suddenly pierced through my wandering mind.

“Ah, please. Call me Ji Ae.”

“Oh. Ji Ae….” He shyly scratched the back of his head. Kyeopta! But anyway, I need to start a topic or something. It’s getting more awkward.

“Ah! Hyungsik-sshi!”

“Y-yes?”

“What school are you from? You just transferred. So, where were you residing before?”

“I came from Dae Bak High School.” I nearly laughed at the sound of the name. Dae Bak. That brings memories…

“Whoa. Dae Bak? I resided there during my elementary years. I lived at district 4. You?”

“District 4…as well. You don’t remember?” His face became serious all of the sudden and his tone changed from shy to… I don’t know,… authoritative? Demanding?.

“I-I’m sorry? What are you talking about?” H-he’s creeping me out.

“We were classmates.”

“Classmate?”    =laugh awkwardly=  God, he’s a classmate?! I’m doomed. Anonymy will be exposed if I tell him I was.

“I’m sorry, I don’t – .”

“We WERE playmates.” His tone sounded like he is restraining himself from yelling at me.

But seriously…I don’t remember anything, maybe because it was more than four years ago.

During my elementary years… I’ve always been the quiet one. I was a loner. It is near to impossible for me to have a playmate. My hobby was to only stay in the club room, writing…

 

The atmosphere is getting awkward by any minute. And I don’t know what to say to him since I don’t really remember or know what he is really blabbing about.

 

“HyungSik-sshi, you might have mistaken me for somebody else. Maybe I look like that person you were referring to.” I reasoned out. I think he is firm that I was the person he thought he knew when I really am NOT. I need to get outta here fast. “HyungSik-shi… I think I’m gonna go now. I need to… go to the… r-restroom? Right. Restroom. Kay, See yah~”

 

“H-hey!”

I heard him yell but never mind.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Waaah! That was… err, unusual. I wouldn’t say weird because he’s not. Just sorta creepy. He’s kinda cute though.

 

>Waah! HyungSik is SOOO hot. You saw that, right?” <- a passerby.*

>Yeah. So cool. No one has ever stood before Maám Chin <- Passerby’s friend*

>Plus, he’s a transfer student! He didn’t care about the bad impression that the teachers would get, right? < = *

C’mon, he just merely reasoned out in place of me whom he thought someone he knew. Besides, he spoke with a calm voice. The teacher wouldn’t mind that as disrespect, yah know.

 

>Yeah, you did notice Maám Chin’s raised eyebrows? Wah, totally scary!<-*=

>Scary? It’s terrifying! < = *

Err, these gals are scaredy-cats. HyungSik was ten times scarier a while ago.

 

>Neh, Gyuuri, why don’t we go talk to him. He’s a transfer student after all==*

>Wow, that’s a great idea. Let’s go give him a tour!==

Ehh? I thought they’re scaredy-cats. I tell yah, HyungSik was ten times scarier than teacher Chin a while ago. Look how Passerby’s getting excited.

 

>I wonder what he would think about us. ==*

>Let’s make a good impression, shall we? ==*

 

They left.

Ugh. What am I doing, eavesdropping at others’ conversation?

Hmm, giving a good impression… Is it that important?

 

--------------

 

A/N:

This chapter is too short so I'll post the next chapter early tomorrow, like maybe 7-8 hours from now? o.O Jush how confushing issshh dot.

That was a yawn.

Ugh, gosh. I'm weird.

I'd love a comment from you guys so please leave one or many for correcting my grammatical errors.

Or, you can introduce me to a good beta reader! Pls pls i really want to improve my writing skills. Chebal...