Ch. 2

Married To My Nightmare

Post-divider.jpg

  "Oh my god, gege! Today was hilarious!" Tao said as he appeared besides Kris.

      "Yeah! This is the best one we had ever planned before!" Chen joined in as he appeared with Luhan and Xiumin.

      "So, are we ready to go over to Kris's house?" Xiumin asked as he took a bite from his dumpling.

      Kris  looked around the campus as if he is searching for someone. "Not yet," he said. "I'm waiting for-"

      "Oppa!" Kyungmi squealed as she abandoned her friends and ran over to Exo M.

      The guys, minus Kris of course, groaned while Kris gave her his gummy smile. "Hey baby," Kris said as he bend down to kiss her.

      "Ewwwwwwwwww," the guys said as they pretended to gagged themselves.

      This had caused Kris and Kyungmi to break their kiss. Kris gave them a hard glare while Kyungmi winked at them. "Oh! Hey oppas!" she said.

      The guys rolled their eyes as they left the couple behind. "I swear, what does Kris see in her?" Chen said.

      "I know right!" the guys agreed.

      "Did she just seriously just said 'oppas'? With a s?" Luhan asked. "Is that even a word?"

      "Wait, does this mean she called me 'oppa'? What the hell!? I'm younger than her!" Tao exclaimed.

      "I swear, even Minhee is better than her," Luhan said as he rolled his eyes.

      "Yeah!" they chorused.

      "Speaking of Minhee, have you guys seen her during lunch?" Xiumin asked.

      The others shook their head.

      "To be honest, I feel kind of guilty," Luhan truthfully admit it.

      "But you have to admit, it was actually funny," Chen said.

      "Yeah! Especially her reaction when I shot her!" Tao said as he imitated Minhee's reaction when she got squirted by him.

      "Yeah," they agreed again as they stopped in front of Kris's house.

Post-divider.jpg

"Lay! We're going to be late!" Minhee whined as she childishly stomped.

      "How are we late?" Lay asked as he popped his head out of the guest room. "It's only 3:30pm."

      Minhee groaned in annoyance as she fell onto the couch behind her. Lay does have a point. Why does she want to leave at an early time?

      Today is the day when her parents are coming home from their business trip from China. Right when Lay and Minhee both got home (which is around 11:28 am), Minhee went straight to the shower to rewashed herself while Lay cook some food for them (which is noodles of course). They both ate while doing their homework. When they finish, Lay went to go shower while Minhee changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a black blazer, a pair of black pumps, and a Michael Kor purse. Minhee braided her bangs to the side ( A/N: if you watch High School: Love On, it's similar to Lee Seul Bi's hair style.) and put on lip-gloss. Minhee laid down on the couch as started to blew raspberries in the remaining time. Minhee looked at the clock and saw it was 3:45pm. Minhee started to panicked. Her parents are arriving to Korea at 5pm, but it takes an hour to get to the airport. "Aish!" Minhee said as she stared at the ceiling.

      "I'm done!" Lay said as he got out of the room. Lay wore a purple v-neck shirt with a pair of dark jeans and a navy color beanie. "Let's go!" Lay said as he took the keys off the countertop and walked out of the house. Minhee followed him after locking the front door. She went inside the car, where Lay was patiently waiting for her.

      "Aish, your hair is still damp," Minhee said as she took out a piece of tissue from her purse. She started to wipe the droplets that are running down his face. "You could have gotten sick, you know."

      Lay flashed a smile at her, causing is dimples to appeared. "Aigoo!" Minhee said as she pinched his cheek. " Gwiyeoweo!" Lay slapped her hands away from his cheek. "Yah! These babies are off limit!" he said as he rubbed his pink cheek.

      Minhee scoffed. "Those are your babies?" she asked.

      Lay nodded as he the engine.

      "And I thought I'm your baby," Minhee muttered as she looked out the window.

      When they stopped at the red light, Lay leaned over to Minhee and peaked her cheeks. "Yah!" she yelled as she covered her cheeks. "These are off limit!" she mimicked Lay's actions.

      Lay chuckled at his immature best friend as he shook his head. 

Post-divider.jpg

      "Hey you guys! What day is it?" Kris asked as he cuddled with Kyungmi on the couch.

      "It's February 22nd," Xiumin yelled from the kitchen.

      Kris nodded as he continued watching Chen and Luhan playing Call of Duty. "Why does it feel like I'm missing something?" he asked himself.

Post-divider.jpg

"Aish, where is umma and appa?" Minhee asked as she walked back and fourth while Lay sat there on the bench watching Minhee back and fourth.

      After an hour of driving and teasing, Lay and Minhee finally arrived at Seoul International airport.

      Minhee checked the time and saw it was 5:15pm, 15 minutes after her parents had landed.

      "Yah, Minhee. Calm down. Maybe your parents are getting their luggage, or there's a long line to get through the security check," Lay suggested.

      "What happened if umma's plane was hijacked by terrorist? Or that umma's plane crashed?" Minhee panicked.

      Lay face palmed himself when he heard that. "Aish, you watch too much movies," he sighed. "What about I'll get you a drink at Starbucks? I'll say green tea frappuccino with extra caramel?"

      Minhee stopped in her tracks as her head turned towards his direction. "Nae!" she said as she eagerly nodded.

 Lay chuckled at his best friend's childish reaction. "Arraso. Now calm down and be patience," he told her before he left.

      Minhee stood there as she watched Lay disappeared into the crowd. She skimmed the crowd for a few minutes until her eyes rested on an elderly couple that resembles her a lot. "UMMA! APPA!" Minhee yelled as she ran up to her parents.

      "Minhee!" they replied.

      Minhee ran into their arms, giving them each a hug. "I miss you guys soooooooo much!" Minhee said.

      "We miss you, too," her parents said.

      "Jangmonim! Jangin eoreun!" Lay called out as he ran up to them, holding a coffee tray.

      "Omo! Yixing-ah!" they called out.

      "Did you have fun?" he asked as he bowed down politely.

      "Nae," her mom replied. "Speaking of business, I want you to meet Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu, the owners of Galaxy Co.," her mom gestured.

      Minhee and Lay turned and met eyes with another elderly couple. "Annyeonghaesaeyo, Lee Minhee-imida," she bowed. "Annyeonghaesaeyo, Zhang Yixing- imida," Lay bowed.

      "Aigoo, Seo Jye-ah, your daughter and son are so adorable!" Mrs. Wu cooed.

      "Ugh...," Lay said as he rubbed the behind of his neck. "I'm actually Minhee's friend..."

      "But you're like a son too me," Mr. Lee said as he eyed the Starbuck drinks.

      "Aigoo, how unthoughtful of me," Lay said as he gave Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee black coffee, Minhee her green tea frap with extra caramel, and Mr. Wu a caramel macchiato. "Mianhae for not buying you one, Mrs. Wu," he bowed. "If I have known that you'll be here, I would have bought you one."

      "Aniya, it's okay," Mrs. Wu said. "I can just share with my husband."

      Lay smiled. "You can share with me oppa!" Minhee said as she struck her drink in front of his face.

      Lay chuckled at his best friend's childish behavior before talking a sip from her drink.

      "Aish, where on earth is our son?" Mrs. Wu asked as she turned to Mr. Wu. "Honey, did you call Yi Fan before boarding?"

      Mr. Wu nodded. "I even send him a text message!' he said.

      Mrs. Wu let out a deep sigh as she massaged her temples. "Please call him again, honey. I'm afraid our son had forgotten again."

      "Please excuse me," Mr. Wu said as he left.

      "In the remaining time, do you want to go eat at an Italian restaurant down the street?" Mrs. Lee suggested. "I heard they make the best creamy chicken alfredo!"

      "I'll be delightful," Mrs. Wu smiled.

      "He's on his way, honey," Mr. Wu said as he returned.

      "While we're waiting for Yi Fan, Mr. and Mrs. Lee had kindly invited us to eat at an Italian restaurant," Mrs. Wu said as her eyes sparked. "We haven't ate any Italian food ever since we left Canada!"

      Mr. Wu smiled. "It is true indeed," he said as they all walked towards the restaurant.

      For some reason, Minhee and Lay felt uneasiness in their stomach when Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu's son is on his way.