Ch. 9

Married To My Nightmare

      "So...," JB started as they entered JB's white BMW m4. "Are you and Lay-shi a thing?" he asked after closing the door.

      Minhee shook her head. "We're just best friends," she said.

      "Oh," JB said as he tuck his hands into his front pocket.

      "Sir Jaebum, where to now?" the driver asked as he entered the front seat.

      "To Sunshine Resort," JB answered.

      The driver nodded as he the engine and drove down the street.

      The first 20 minutes was quiet and comfortable. JB was sweating when he realized that he is in the same car as his crush. "Aigoo, what should I do?" he asked himself. JB finally told himself to calm down. He looked over at Minhee and gasped in amazement. There sat Minhee staring outside with the window down. The breeze had caused her hair to fly back in a good way. The moonlight is shining on her face, making her more beautiful. To JB's eyes, Minhee is hundred times better than those Victoria Secret fashion model. With her long eyelashes, dull nose, small lips, and her bouncy, curly hair, she was the most beautiful girl ever. Everything on his idea girl list had been checked off.

      Minhee felt a stare, so she turned her head. She faced JB, who has astonishment, admiration, and love written on his face. "Oppa?" she asked as she waved her hand in front of his face. "Gwenchana?"

      "Oh my gosh. Everything about her is so perfect," JB thought. Slowly, his heartbeat started to increased.

      Minhee placed the back of her hand against his forehead. She cutely frowned. "You temperature seems fine," she said as she lowered it.

      "Ugh...," JB said as he lightly blushed at the sudden contact. "I'm okay."

      Minhee smiled at him. "That's good," she said as she returned to her spot.

      Then the awkward silence have returned again. "JB, do something!" he told himself. "So," JB started. "I don't think your dad likes me," JB said as he rubbed the back of his neck while looking at the ground.

      Minhee giggled at his awkwardness. JB looked at her in confusion. "Don't worry. He always act like this when I bring a guy home. At first he may seem cold and scary, but once he gets to know you better, he'll warm up. Trust me. That happened to Lay oppa before," she explained.

      JB's eyebrows furrowed when he heard Minhee bring guys to her house. "What do you mean when you bring guys to your house?" he asked as he suddenly felt jealously washed over him.

      "Well, guys would usually asked me to become their projects with them, so I said sure. For some reason, all of my guy partners insisted to work at my house so yeah," Minhee explained.

      "Have you ever work with a female and not a guy before?" JB curiously asked.

      "Hmm," Minhee said as she tapped her chin. "Only one time," she said. "The teacher finally noticed how I'm always working with guys so she told the guys to let me work with one of my friends."

      JB nodded in. "I guess you're really popular huh?" he asked.

      "Not as popular as you," Minhee said as she nudged JB's side. "Just kidding. I don't think so. If I'm actually popular, then you would have noticed me when we were in elementary school together."

      JB gave her a surprising look. "We went to elementary school together?" he asked as his eyes widened in surprisement.  

      Minhee face palmed herself. "Yes we did. I was in the same class with you for second, fourth, and fifth grade," she said.

      "Oh," JB awkwardly said as he flushed in embarrassment. "I didn't notice you then."

      Minhee nodded as she looked out of the window.

      After 20 awkward minutes later, they finally arrived at Sunshine Resort.

      "Hyung!" "JB!" his friends yelled as they ran over to his side.

      "Hey guys," he said.

      Minhee hid behind JB when she saw they guys. To be honest, she never wore a dress in front of her schoolmates.
            "Dang hyung. Who's the chick?" Jackson asked as he pointed at Minhee.

      JB turned around and saw Minhee shyly stood there. "It's Minhee," he answered. "Please don't tell me you forgot about her already," he face palmed himself.

      "Bwo!?" the guys asked as their eyes widened. "That's Minhee?" Mark asked as he pointed at the confuse Minhee.

      "Yeah it's me," she answered.

      "Are you sure?" Jackson asked.

      Minhee rolled her eyes at their dorkiness while JB face palmed himself for the second time. "Yes, it's me," she said.

      "Then who do I like?" Jackson asked.

      "Youngji," Minhee answered without hesitation.

      "Yep, it's her you guys," Jackson said.

      Jr. walked up to her and flashed her a smile. "Dang, you look pretty tonight," he complimented.

      Minhee smiled back at him. "Thanks," she said.

      "Speaking of being pretty, I just noticed I never seen you in a dress," he said as he tilted his head to the side.

      "First time wearing a dress in front of my schoolmates," Minhee confessed.

      Jr. nodded.

      "Come on guys! Let's go partaaay!" Jackson whooped as they entered the building.

      Minhee linked arms with JB causing him to blushed. "Cute," she thought as she smiled at the red face JB.

      When they entered the building, Minhee gasped in surprisement. In the hallway, there are trees that are lighted up with blue L.E.D lights in it. On the side of the hallway, there are white Christmas lights trailing to the ballroom.

winter-wedding-winter-wonderland-ceremon

Once they entered the ballroom, they were greeted by a buffet of food. "Holy crap! They have macarons!" Youngjae said. When they turned to faced the ballroom, they all gasped. On the walls and ceilings, there were snowflakes being projected, and blue lights pointing at it. On the left side, there are tables that are already set up. In the front of the ballroom, there is a deejay standing on stage. He was surrounded by fake snow, and next to him is a Christmas tree. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKTme1iXGaFJxTeVEYtmY

       JB turned to look at her and saw a huge grin on her face with sparkles in her eyes. "Come on. Let's go over to the table," he said as he pulled her.

      They all sat at the table, which is already set up with plates, folded cloth napkins, forks, spoons, and a finishing touch with a candle in the middle. Minhee sat between JB and Jr.

      "I got to admit. Our school did a nice job," Yugyeom said as he looked around.

      They all nodded in agreement.

      "Dang, is that Jung Yeojin?" Jackson asked as he pointed to a girl in a tight white dress that shows her curves.

      They all turned to look at her. There stood Yeojin, the queen of their school, and her musketeers. Every guy stopped what they were doing and drooled over her.

      "You guys, I seriously can't believe I'm saying this, but she's hot," Bambam admitted as he slide his thumb across his lower lip.

      JB rolled his eyes as he looked away. "Nah, she looks like she's a try harder," he said as he placed his arm around Minhee's shoulder. "This right here is a master piece."

      Minhee blushed at his words. "No I'm not," she thought.

      "Dang hyung. I never knew you were that cheesy," Yugyeom said.

      "Hot at 10 o'clock," Mark said as he used his head to point the direction where Yeojin is.

      Everyone rolled their eyes. Let's make this straight forward and easier for everyone. Even though Jung Yeojin is the queen and a model for her mom's magazine, GOT7 still hates her guts. Yeojin is obsessed with JB.. Literally. She stalks him, put love letters in his lockers, and one time, she stole JB's boxers. To GOT7, she's like their sasaeng fans. Another reason is that she is a , with a capital W. There are rumors that Yeojin banged a lot of guys at their rival school, YG.

      "Hello oppa," Yeojin purred as she stood next to JB.

      JB ignored her and took out his phone.

      Yeojin cleared before starting again. "Oppa," she tried saying it cutely.

      Jackson and Bambam tried to hide their laugh when they saw JB's disgusted expression.

      Yeojin ignored the two immature idiots as she tried again. "Oppa yah," she whined.

      JB sighed as he glared at her. "What?" he harshly asked.

      "I was wondering if you want to dance with me since it's obvious that we're going to win prom queen and king," she said as she flipped her hair.

      JB scoffed at her. "What makes you think we're both going to win?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows at her.

      Yeojin scoffed as she placed both of her hands on her hip. "Isn't it obvious? I'm the queen, and you're the king of the school," she said. "So are you going to dance with me or not? Unless you can stay with this ugly ahjumma."

      Minhee sadly looked at her hands. "Don't cry," she told herself. Minhee knew that JB is going to accept Yeojin's offer. For starters, she is the queen of the school and a hot mess meanwhile with Minhee, she is just... a regular looking girl with flaws.

      Jr. sadly looked at Minhee. He felt bad for her. He knew that Minhee is different from every girl in their school. She is basically the only girl in their school that doesn't wear makeup, skip school, rarely gets in trouble, and she doesn't fan girl or tries to get Got7's attentions. JB found her 'special', so he decided to go ask her out for Winter Formal. At first, she refused since she said that Winter Formal is stupid and it's a waste of time. That didn't stop JB, but instead, it made him more determine. After a few tries, Minhee noticed that JB isn't the type of guy that takes 'no' as an answer so she gave in so he could stop annoying her.

      JB let out a frustrated sigh. "First of all, no. Second of all, she is not an ugly ahjumma!" JB yelled as he stood up.

      All of Got7 members and Minhee stared at him in surprisement. JB never, ever defended a girl before. Just ask his friends and family, and they'll say no.

      "Dang, she must be very, very special," Jackson whispered to Mark, who nodded in agreement.

      "At least she doesn't go to our rivals and bang them unlike you," JB continued. Everyone in the ballroom, including the deejay, stopped what they were doing and watched the scene in interest. "At least she doesn't use makeup to look like a clown. At least she has natural beauty unlike you plastic people!" JB made Minhee get up and dragged her outside of the ballroom.

      They both silently walked towards the pool with colorful L.E.D lights lighting it up with their hands connected. They both sat down on the beach chairs, facing each other. They sat there not knowing what to do in the awkward silence.

      "Um..," Minhee started. "Thanks for defending my honor?" she ended up with a question mark. "You do know I can take care of her right? I was about to introduce her face to my fist," she joked as he raised her fist.

      JB smiled at her. "No problem. Anything for a pretty woman," he said as he lowered her fist. "And I don't want your clean fist to be dirty by that ."

      Minhee deeply  blushed at his words. "He called me a pretty woman," she told herself while giggling. "Wait, what? Why am I giggling? Omo, what is going on with me?"

      "To be honest, I always wanted a normal life, you know what I mean?" he said as he got up towards the railing. "I don't want to be popular and . It's so... tiring. It's like every day I have to deal with crazy fan girls that are always following me. To be honest, this is way worst than getting bully," he paused. "To be honest, I rather get bully than have people stalking me 24/7. Well, at least I understand how K-pop idols feel with sasaeng fans."

      Minhee followed him and stood next to him. " I feel you," she said as she looked at the night sky.

      JB turned to look at her in amazement. "Yo do?" he asked. To be honest, he had never met a girl that understand him this much.

      Minhee turned to him and nodded. "Yeah," she said as she turned back towards the view. "When I was about in kindergarten, I lived in China. I was quite popular that time since my parents were collaborating with the famous magazines since they wanted to like have a photo shoot. Somehow, word got around school, people started to try befriending me. Even their parents tried to be nice and gave me free food. At first, it felt nice until I found out their motive. They're using me for money and fame. After I refused to become friends with them, they started to bully me saying that I'm a spoil brat and no one cares for me. Their parents started to gave me the same treatment. One time, I heard someone's mom told her kid to pushed me hard against a tree, so I could forget everything and they could trick me into thinking her kid is my best friend."

      JB gave her a bewilder look when he heard that. "Seriously?" he asked. "You're not joking are you?"

      Minhee shook her head. "When I heard that, I burst into tears and ran into my mom's arm. I told her what happened, and my mom was furious. I remember her face was red with fury as she stormed into the principal's office. My mom was telling the principal what happened, and let's just say that the next day, my mom ordered bodyguards to come protect me," she said as JB nodded as he let the words settle in his brain. "Anyways, people started to call me a creep. I still remember crying at lunch while my bodyguards watch me in silence. Until one day, my parents introduced me to Lay oppa," she paused as she took in a deep breath. "Lay is my parent's best friend son. They set up play dates with him, but let me say is that I was scare. Ever since that time when that kid's mom said that, my point of view on people changed. I was scare that Lay was used me for money and fame like everyone else until my parents and I had a talk. They told me that Lay is like me. We are so similar to each other. I still remember the story my parents told me about Lay's incident at his school. They told me that Lay was kidnapped by one of the parents for money. They threatened Mr. and Mrs. Zhang for 100,000,000 U.S dollars. His parents called the police, and after a few weeks, they found him stuffed into a closet with a bag over his head and his hands and feet tied."

      "Oh my god," JB said in English.

      Minhee nodded. "Surprising right?" she asked in English.

      JB gave her a amazement look. "You can speak English?" he asked in Korean.

      Minhee shrugged. "I have cousins around the world," she replied. "Anyways, the cops found out that the kidnappers are the parents of his so called best friend. After my parents told the story, I started to befriend Lay since he seems quite depressed. It took a few times for him to warm up to me. His parents transferred Lay to my school, and we started to hang out every day, 24/7. Towards the end of the year, some gangster trespassed into our school and kidnapped both me and Lay. It was like hell to be honest. Lay and I were frightened to death. We tried to fight them off, but of course, they are bigger than us. After few weeks, I think, the cops went in and got us back to our parents. Both of them both decided for us to move to Korea for our safety. So yeah," Minhee said. "That's my story."

      JB sadly looked at her. "Wow" is the only thing he could say. When he realized what he had said, he flushed in embarrassment. "I mean- well- no- I mean," JB said as he stuttered out random words.

      Minhee giggled at his act. "Don't worry JB. The past is the past. Let's focus on the present and the future," she said as she flashed him a smile.

      JB smiled back and he went up to her and hugged her. "Minhee-ah," he softly whispered.

      Minhee froze at the sudden contact. "Ba-bump. Ba-bump. Ba-bump," her heart rapidly beat.

      "Minhee-ah," he said again. "I know this is probably the worst time to do this, but I had been planning this for weeks," he said as he parted away and gotten into a proposal position.

      Minhee stared at him with her owl eyes. "Y-y-yah," she stuttered. "W-w-what are you doing?"

      JB looked deeply into her eyes. "Minhee-ah, I know this is out of a sudden, but will you please be my girlfriend?" he asked.

      Minhee's face turned into a tomato when she heard that. She was speechless at the moment that she didn't know what to do. It's like the whole universe had froze. However, her body has a mind of their own. Before she knew it, she was walking away from JB.

      JB stayed in his position as he sadly watched Minhee walked away. "Minhee-ah," he said out loud. Minhee stopped walking as she waiting for him to continued. "You're my first lover. You're different from every single girl I had met or seen. You treat me like a normal person and not some idol. You rarely wear makeup, which I found strangely attracted, and you dress up like a normal girl. Not too girly, not too tom-boyish," he said. "So pretty please be my first girlfriend."

      Minhee melted at his words. "He likes me for being me," she thought. She returned to where JB was and made him stand up. She took his hands into her own. "No one had ever appreciate me that much," Minhee confessed as she played with his fingers. "Well, besides my family and Lay of course. To be honest, I never imagine this would happen. Think about it. A really popular guy asking out a regular an plain girl?" Minhee let out a dry laugh as she dropped his hands.

      JB stood there in confusion.

      Minhee took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry JB..," she said.

      JB's face fell, and his heart slowly started to break into pieces. "It's okay," she choked out as he tried to control his tears. "I understand." He turned around and walked away.

      Minhee ran after him and back hugged him. JB's eyes widened at the sudden contact. "You didn't let me finish," she softly said as her grip around his waist tightened. JB stood there in confusion as tears started to pour out. "Aniya, I understand," he said as he took her hands off of him and walked away.

      Minhee ran after him again and this time pulled his wrist back. She quickly got in front of him and gave him a peck on his lips.

      JB stood there in surprisement and confusion.

      "Aish, you didn't let me finish," she said as she cupped his face. "I'm sorry JB, I'm already taken."

      Finally, JB's heart fell and more tears started to pour out.

      "I'm taken by you that's why," she smiled as she wiped his tears.

Post-divider.jpg

Hello my readers~!!! Sorry for not uploading for a long time! >.< To be honest, I was reading other fanfics and I ended up crying... :3 So yeah... I swear this is the longest chapter I had ever typed. O.O There's like over 3,000 words and it's 6 pages long. So yeah.. it took me days to type this.......... So I hope you like this chapter and don't forget too comment or subscribe! ;D Oh! And don;t forget to recommand this to your friends or someone! :3 Hehe. Love you guys!

tumblr_inline_nd7jrhpYkb1rx1tnf_zpsh9ija

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Can someone please help me with the music... I can't find any good music that's good for this chapter. >.< I'm such a terrible author. >.<