Ch. 5

Married To My Nightmare

Post-divider.jpg

It was Saturday, a school-free day for students. Well, more like a 'free from hell' day. There in bed was Minhee hugging her unicorn pillow pet that she had gotten from Lay. She was peacefully dreaming about meeting her ultimate bias L from Infinite until...

      "BANG!" her door flew opened.

      "Hmp!" Minhee squeaked as she fell out of her bed, face first, due to the surprising bang.

      "Yah! Get up! We have to go meet Exo M!" Lay yelled as he walked up to Minhee.

      "Aish, it's too early," she complained as she rolled onto her stomach.

      Lay face palmed himself. :Do you even know what time is it?" he asked.

      "9am?" she guessed.

      "Aniya! It's 12:00pm! We have to meet up with them in an hour!" Lay said as he pulled the curtains and opened the window for the fresh air to enter.

      Minhee quickly shot up and ran to the bathroom to wash herself. "Oppa! Go get me some clothes!" she yelled as she the shower.

      Lay rolled his eyes at his best friend as he picked up her blanket and her pillow and toss it on her bed. He took out a pair of black short with a red Stussy shirt and a fresh pair of undergarments. He walked over to the bathroom and knocked.  "Can I come in?" he asked.

      "Nae!" she answered.

      Lay opened the door and walked inside the bathroom. There stood in front of him is Minhee wrapped in a bunch of towels. Lay snorted at the sight. "Are you trying to wrap yourself up like a present with towels?" he teased.

      "Yah!" Minhee pouted.        

      "I swear, is it me or did you just got more fluffy?" he continued to tease as he poke her arm.

      "Yah!" she yelled as she pushed him out.

      Lay chucked as he went over to her bed and laid down. "Don't worry Minhee! No need to be shy! We saw each other before, but I swear, you just got more flabby!" he yelled.

      "Meanie!" she yelled. Minhee quickly dried herself and spread cherry blossom body cream onto her body. She quickly dressed herself with the clothes Lay had gave her. When she was done, she brushed her hair and put on light makeup. When finished, she sprayed a little bit of perfume onto her. She opened the door and saw Lay eating junk food... again.

      "Haja!" she said as she took a pair of black socks and her purse. She put on a pair of red Levi's shoes, a black jacket, and a pair of sunglasses, They walked over to Lay's BMW and got in. They drove to Passion 5, the cafe they were supposed to meet up with Exo M.

      "Are you hungry?" Lay asked as they sat down at a large table.

      Minhee nodded. "May I please get a croissant and a light purple tea latte?" she asked.

      Lay nodded as he got up from his seat. "I'll be back and save me a seat next to you!" he said before he left.

      Minhee placed her purse on the seat on her right. She dug into her purse and took out her Samsung Note 4. She had decided to check her Facebook account to see what's up. When she checked her messages, she froze. She couldn't believe her eyes. After all of these years, he had finally replied to her messages.

"To Lee Minhee:

     Hey, it's Jaebum. I'm sorry what happened in middle school. I was a total jerk to you. I was wondering if we could like meet up on, idk, Saturday? I really want to talk to you... tbh, I can't stop thinking about you so please, can we meet up? Also, the guys miss you a lot!" the message said.

     Minhee read his message again and again until she can read it without looking at the screen. She blankly started at her phone as she considered to ditch Exo M and Lay to go meet up with him or just stay. She was so into her thought, she didn't noticed Exo M and Lay had arrived at the table.

     "Earth to Minhee," Lay said as he waved his hand in front of her face. "Are you going to eat?"        

     Tao leaned over to Chen, who as sitting on his left side. "Do you think she's a cyborg or something? If she is, she's a hot one," he whispered.

     Chen rolled his eyes as he pushed the maknae away from him. "You and your nonsense. I swear, you're obsess with the Cinder series," he said.

     "It's not my fault it's good," Tao said.

     "Minhee? What's wrong?" Lay asked. Minhee never had acted like this. It was so unusual to see his best friend spaced out when there is food in front of her. Like  literally, no one, I swear, no one had ever rejected free food. Lay noticed Minhee clutching her phone. He slowly undo her fingers and took her phone away. He turned it on and put in the password. He found out that she was on messenger (A/N: It's part of Facebook if you don't know.) When he looked at the name that had messaged her, his face hardened. He read the message Jaebum had send her, and let's be honest, he was furious. Like seriously, who wouldn't be angry when your first love had finally answered like 4 years later? Well, especially when something bad had happened between you two.

"To Im Jaebum:

     Can't. Busy right now." Lay texted back. After hitting the send button, he place Minhee's phone into his pocket, hoping that Minhee would forget about him and the message.

     The Exo M members could feel the tension between Minhee and Lay and her phone. Kris frowned when he saw Lay whispering into Minhee's ear, who was nodding. "I wonder what's their relationship," he thought as jealously took over him.

     There was an awkward silence when Minhee started to eat her food.

     Luhan, who was sitting across of Minhee, was examining Minhee's face. "Hmm... they both have the same face shape and nose, but different hairstyle. Her eyes seems kind of smaller than the nerd's,"  he noted to himself.

     Minhee felt a stare bringing into her should, so she looked up. She caught Luhan looking at her. Luhan noticed her looking at him and looked away. He could feel his face heating up.

     "So...," Tao started. "Who's your friend there?" he pointed at Lay.

     "I'm Lay, her best friend," he coldly replied.

     Kris let out a relieved sigh when he heard Lay's reply. "They are not dating," Kris noted as he smiled. Now that he thinks about it, he doesn't even know why he cares. It's not like he cares or something... or does he? He already have everything he needs. He has a girlfriend, a group of friends he could rely on, two awesome parents, looks, money, and name everything you could think of.

     Tao nodded as he played with his fingers.

     Then the awkward silence had returned.

     After a few minutes of awkwardness, Minhee decided to break the ice. "Bother to introduce yourself?" she asked as she took a sip from her tea.

     "I'm Xiumin."

     "I'm Chen."

     "I'm Tao. You know, that guy you talked too on the phone besides Kris."

     Luhan stayed quiet as he continued to examine Minhee. "Yah! Introduce yourself," Chen whispered.

     "Luhan," he said.

     Minhee nodded as she got up to throw her trash away.

     "Well, this is going to be hella awkward," they all thought.

Post-divider.jpg

Annyeong readers~! How's the story going? :) Please excuse my grammar mistakes (English is not my best frined =.=). Sorry for not posting for the past few days. Righ now at my school, midterms are coming up, and let me say is that I HATE TESTS. *flips Kris* =.=" Like asdfggegrghra. Sorry for my randomness. :3 I'm weird, as you can see. ^U^ So yeah... I got nothing left... Don't forget to subscribe or comment! I don't bite (well unless you're food then nvm that)! So yeah.. :3