Ch. 7

Married To My Nightmare

 

Post-divider.jpg           Minhee sat down at a bench near Hans river. She blankly stared at the water flowing down the river. "Why? Why?" she asked as tears started to form. "All these years, I can't stop thinking about you. I can't stop loving you, and this is what I get?" Minhee continued as she gazed at her shoes. "I changed my appearance for you. I changed classes for you. Heck, I changed everything for you.. Because I still love you."

JB stopped running when he saw Minhee sitting along. He was about to walk up to her but something held him back. JB concluded to wait for the right time so he hid behind a tree. He sat there behind the tree, listening to Minhee talked about things she had done for him. When he heard her said "Because I still love you", his heart cracked. JB feared that Minhee heard his heart being broken in half, so he placed his hand over his broken heart. "She still loves me," JB whispered as he turned around to gazed at her in a sad way.

      There stood Lay, who was comforting her. "Minhee, you should  start moving on. Literally, if you don't, you'll end up being heartbroken forever," he heard Lay said. "Let's face it Minhee. He only messaged you because he wants to take advantage of you." JB had an urge to jump out of his hiding spot and punched Lay for saying that, but he knows better. It was all true. Everything Lay had said is true. The only reason he only messaged Minhee because he was bored out of his mind. He didn't have any girl to play with, so he had decided to message her to play with her instead until he met Seoji at the bar. "If he really loves you, then he wouldn't use whoever that chick is tonight."

      JB turned around and rested his back against the tree. "But I still love you," he blurted out of nowhere as he slide down. JB covered his mouth in shock. He couldn't believe what he had blurted out. He never said those three words to any girl before... well except his umma of course.

      "To be honest, I even consider Kris to replace him," Lay said as he rubbed her back in a circular motion.

      "But I still love him," she hiccupped.

      "Tsk, tsk, tsk," he said as he sadly shook his head at her. "Minhee, this is an one side love. Well an unrequited love I guess. Anyways, he doesn't love you."

      Those words hurt Minhee a lot, but let's face it. It's the truth. JB doesn't love her. What he loves are entertainment and pleasure.

      "Let's go home," Lay said as he helped her up. "Your parents must be worry."

      "Can we go get some ice cream first?" she asked as she looked up at him with her puffy eyes.

      Lay softly smiled at him as he took her face into his hands. "Of course we will. I'll do anything to make my Minnie Mouse happy," he said as he wiped her tears and pulled her into a hug.

      JB sat there as tears started to fall out. "Why am I acting like this?" he asked himself. "Is this what it feels like to be.. heartbroken?"