Ch. 3

Married To My Nightmare

      "And I was like baby, baby, baby, oh! Like baby, baby ,baby no! Like baby, baby, baby oh! I thought you'd always be mine (mine)," someone's phone rang.

      "Gege! I think it's your phone!" Tao yelled at Kris.

      "What the hell are you talking about?! I don't listen to Justin Bieber!" Kris yelled back.

      Chen let out an awkward cough as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I sort of changed your ring tone to Justin Bieber's...," Chen said.

     Kris gave him a 'what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you' look as he leaned towards the coffee table to get his phone.

      When the phone stopped ringing, a elderly male's voice replaced it. "Yah! Wu Yi Fan!" Where are you?! Your mother and I are waiting for you to come pick us up! You better be on your way, Kevin Li!"

      Kris's eyes bulged when he heard his pissed off father's voice. The only time when he called him by his American name was when he is angry, or they are staying in Canada. "Oh crap," he muttered as he pushed Kyungmi off of him. "I'm going to be late!" Kris took his wallet, his phone, and his car keys before leaving the house. "Yah! Xiumin gege! Clean up the house while I'm gone!" he hollered.

      Kris quickly jogged to his car and got in. He dialed in his father's number, put it on speaker, and placed his phone of the phone holder that is connected to the glass window. Right when he inserted the keys and the engine, his father picked up. "Hello?"

      "Papa!" Kris yelled as he backed the car. "Which gate are you at?"

      "Never mind the gate. Your mother and I are going to eat at the Italian restaurant with our business partner and their daughter and her friend."

      "Oh," Kris said as he stopped at the red light.

      "Where are you anyways?" his dad asked.

      "Ugh..." Kris said as he turned the car to the right. "On the freeway?"

      "Aish, just hurry up," his dad said as he hang up. 

Post-divider.jpg

"Aigoo, your daughter and her friend is so adorable!" Mrs. Wu cooed as she turned to Minhee. "I hope my son could get a girlfriend like you, Minhee-shi!"

      Minhee's face turned into a tomato color when she heard that. Lay chuckled at Minhee's reaction before pinching her cheek. "Aigoo, is my Minnie Mouse blushing?" he teased.

      "Y-y-ah!" she yelled as she covered her face. Everyone at the table laughed at the two immature teens.

      "Papa! Mama!" Kris smiled as he walked over to their table.

      Lay's and Minhee's eyes widen when they saw him. Like seriously, won't you be surprise when you see your nightmare off campus?

      "Ah, Yi Fan. I would like you to meet the owners of Lexo Co., Mrs. Lee Seo-Jye and Mr. Ji Hyun. This their daughter, Lee Minhee, and her friend, Zhang Yixing," Mr. Wu introduced.

      "Annyeonghaesaeyo, Wu Yi Fan-imida," he bowed. When he looked over at Minhee, his heart raced. "What the hell is wrong with me?" he asked himself as he looked at her.

      Minhee looked up and met eyes with Kris. "Crap," she thought as she looked away. She could feel his gaze burning into her soul. She squirms in her seat uncomfortably. Lay noticed this and decided to glare at Kris. "Back off," his eyes told him. Kris ignored him and went up to Minhee. "Hi, my name is Wu Yi Fan, but you may call me Kris," he winked.

      Minhee tried to control herself from vomiting out the pasta she just ate. She didn't bother to introduce herself back, but she could feel her parents' stares digging into her back so she gave in. "Lee Minhee," she choked out.

      "Lee Minhee? As in the nerd Lee Minhee?" he asked himself as he leaned in towards her face. He inspected her face as he tried to the find the similarities. Minhee avoid his gaze. "This can't be that nerd. This Minhee is too hot and y," he thought as he back up and straightened his back. "Minhee? That's a pretty name for a pretty lady," he said as he send her a flirty smile.

      "Doesn't this guy has a girlfriend?" Minhee asked herself.

      Lay rolled his eyes as he got up. " Jangmonim, jangin eoreun, Mr. Wu, Mrs. Wu, it's getting pretty late, and I bet you're all are really tired due to the jet lag. So I suggested that we should all go home?" Lay said as he motioned to the darken sky.

      "Yes, it is," Mr. Wu said as he got up.

      They all paid and walked out of the restaurant.

      "So, how old are you?" Kris asked as he ran up to catch up with Lay and Minhee.

      "We're both are in our senior years," Lay said as he wrapped his arms around Minhee's shoulder.

      Kris frowned at Lay's action. "Excuse me, please forgive me for my forgetfulness, but do you mind telling what's your name again?" he asked Lay.

      "Lay," he replied rudely.

      Kris's mouth formed an 'o' shape. They all walked in silence until they reached the parking lot.

      "It's nice meeting you guys," Kris smiled.

      "Yeah right," Minhee and Lay both thought.

      "May i have your number, Minhee-shi?" he asked as he took out his phone.

      Minhee looked up at him in shock. She never thought in millions of years that her nightmare would ask for HER number. Just imagine it. It would be mind blowing.

      "Ugh...," she said. "010-***-****."

      Kris smiled as he saved her number. "Say cheese!" he said.

      "Bwo?" Minhee clueless said.

      A light flashed at her. "I got you!" Kris said as he lowered his phone.

      "Yah! What was that for?" Minhee asked as she childishly pouted while stomping.

      "For this," Kris said as he showed her his phone.

      Minhee's eyes widened. "Yah! Delete it!" she yelled. "You can't use that picture as your contact!"

      Kris stuck out his tongue. "Too bad, so sad," he said.

      Minhee childishly stomped again. "Arrogant giant," she named him as she left with Lay.