Disobedient

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

23. Disobedient 

 

«Why are you doing this?» Somin asked Hyun Joong breathlessly and seriously intimidated after the long silence taking place when he was done threatening her.

 

“Doing what?” Hyun Joong asked back, acting innocent and not at all like he had just threatened to inform her brother about all of the commotion happening in her life.

 

“Why are you even here?” The girl wondered in annoyance. “Why are you back? Can’t you leave me alone?”

 

His jaw tensed at her innocent request- he didn’t like feeling unwelcomed and unmissed. “I left you didn’t I?” Was his angry reply. “And see where that brought you. Harming yourself and what not.”

 

Somin laughed sarcastically inside her mind. So he was here because he believed he was the reason for all of this? Did he really think that she wanted death just because he had left her and broken off their ties? “I would never harm myself,” She informed irritably, not understanding herself that that’s exactly what she had tried doing. “And especially not because of somebody like you! You don’t mean anything to me, so why don’t you just leave?”

 

The man rolled his eyes in disbelief; How come she was denying something so obvious as her trying to end her life. Certainly, no person swallows a whole bottle of sleeping pills for good intentions only. “That’s not getting me anywhere, and I am just here to help.”

 

“I don’t need help!” She screamed again, and he sent her a warning glare.

 

“Do not raise your voice with me Somin.” He hated it when people raised their voices and talked with a bad attitude. And he certainly hated it when that person was his woman, whom should know better not to.

 

“Do not order me you bastard!”

 

Insulting words. Those were also of the things he had no tolerance towards.

 

He rose to his feet at the same time as his hands flattened against the bed in a harsh and powerful movement. “ing hell Somin,” He uttered slowly and looked up at her scared frame. “Don’t you dare test me, you know very well I am only one call away from your brother.”

 

Somin cringed away at the mention of her brother again. He was seriously taking advantage of her weakness. “Why are you doing this?” Came the same question again.

 

“I’m helping you, can’t you see?”

 

No, she couldn’t, because his presence was only worsening her condition. She didn’t want him there. Or at least, that’s what she wanted herself to believe. “I have done nothing to deserve this,” It was a whisper more to herself than to anybody else.

 

“I know sweetheart, I know.” Hyun Joong started pacing in the room. “We’re going to get through this, you are going to be fine, you hear me?”

 

I wish I didn’t, the patient thought to herself and stared at his tense and muscular back.

 

“I don’t want to be here,” I don’t want you to be here either.

 

“It’s only for a few days, and when you’re stable, we will get out of here. You need to be patient.”

 

Somin remained silent, thinking to herself about whether this was a dream or not. Why would Hyun Joong reappear in her life when he had so clearly showed he didn’t want to be in it?

 

She had been patient for several months, believing that the memory of him would disappear or be buried so deep in her mind that it wouldn’t cease to bother her no more, but there he was again. Pulling at her heart strings by this artificial care and worry.

 

Hyun Joong noticed her frowning face, and therefore made his way over to her bed.

 

He sat down beside her and spoke softly this time. “Don’t overthink it, everything is going to be fine.”

 

No it is not. Nothing was going to be alright. No more. She had lost all hope, it was like fate was after getting her real good.

 

“How did you know?” Her sudden question took him off guard, but he was ready to answer nevertheless. Truthfully at that one.

 

“Hyung Jun called me.”
 

And hell if that didn’t made Jung Somin want to fry her best friend’s on a burning frying pan. Hyung Jun had called him? Why would he do that? What for?! She felt betrayed and used. Was Hyung Jun on his cousin’s side all this while?

 

“He had no right to do that!”

 

“I would’ve killed him if he hadn’t,” It was barely a whisper, but Somin heard it, and it perked her interest.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” Hyun Joong replied quickly, avoiding her eyes because of the embarrassment he was feeling inside. He was embarrassed of the heart wrenching decisions he had made with her, and even more because of his activities during the period they had been separate and away from each other. How was he ever going to make up for that? “Are you hungry?”

 

Food was the last thing on her mind, but if she thanked yes, he’d have to leave in order to get her the meal, so she’d probably have some time to figure out a master plan while he was away. “Y-yeah,” It was a croaking lie, but he wasn’t suspecting.

 

“Good,” He her cheek with tenderness and stood up. “Will you behave while I am away or do I have to-“
 

“I’ll behave,” Somin assured quickly, not giving him a chance to suggest whatever he had in mind.

 

Hyun Joong nodded then- trusting her words, because he knew that his threat had worked. She wouldn’t dare going against him after his promise of informing her family if she misbehaved and didn’t act accordingly.

 

The moment Hyun Joong stepped out of the room- he felt a sickening feeling eating up his insides. Somin. His Somin didn’t seem like Somin at all. She looked weak and heartbroken. Betrayed and destroyed. Traumatized and suicidal. Everything was caused by him, and God if he didn’t want to beat himself up for that.

 

He paraded to the canteen and quickly chose a salad for his dearest. He knew she didn’t like salad much and that she would probably protest, but he also remembered the doctor’s words. She’d need a healthy, energizing and green diet to heal her insides, much unlike the fast and unhealthy food she often consumed. The salad wouldn’t cure the hunger of a person who hadn’t eaten in a couple of days, but he’d let her have it and call the nurses later on to bring her the famous hospital soup they were so proud of having.

 

He was in deep thoughts while paying for his purchase, picking it quickly in his oversized hands, so that when two tiny arms wrapped around him from behind- he was startled, and froze for what seemed like one hell of a long time.

 

His first thought was of course to scold Somin for coming out of her room in her unwell condition, but then he thought better of it and decided to welcome her with a smile instead. She was hugging him after all. That was a sign that she had warmed up to him, wasn’t it? Had she decided to forgive him and forget how he so cruelly had left her in the short time of him getting her meal? He knew she was one lovely woman, who forgave and forgot easily, but hadn’t expected for her to forgive him this fast. He had broken her heart and crushed her feelings after all.

 

Hyun Joong turned around slowly and was ready to greet her with a tender and slow kiss, but before he was able to reach for her chin- the girl attacked him first.

 

Her lips were pressed against his harshly- that’s how much she had missed him, and she winded her fingers into his long hair that was currently tied in an elastic band and pressed her own self into him, not at all minding the box of salad slipping from his hands and falling onto the floor.

 

Hyun Joong opened his mouth to make some sound of protest, but her tongue ing into his mouth violently and knocking him backwards soon muffled his groan. His back hit the pillar behind and having had enough- he gripped her upper arms and pushed her harshly away from him.

 

He then wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and glared at her flustered and confused face. “What the are you doing?!”

 

“O-oppa?” She mumbled as a start- startled that her action had made him this angry and moved forwards to cup his face into her trembling hands.

 

“Don’t ing touch me” He gripped her wrists in a steel like grip and shoved her away.

 

“Where have you been?!” The emotionally disturbed girl cried to him, demanding an answer. He didn’t know of the difficulity she had gone through the past months without him! Why had he left her hanging like that? And now that he was back, he wasn’t even letting her greet him properly?

 

“Don’t ing come near me again.”

 

“Don’t you dare act like this!” She screamed and threw her arms around his waist before pressing her cheek to his warm and secure chest. “I- I missed y-you so m-much” She sobbed into him, and he was so shocked and disturbed that he did nothing to push her away the second time around.

 

Was this girl crazy?

 

What was she doing?

 

And then he saw her.

 

With her red coloured hair flowing everywhere around her face and her eyes piercing into his skull. She seemed nothing like her usual self- bubbly and lively. She was angry, ing hateful even as she trampled towards them and gripped the girl’s shoulder from behind to rip her away from the man she had grown to dislike.

 

“What the are you doing you ing ?!” Mira spat at her friend, her eyes filled with disbelief and betrayal. Her suspicion had been right after all.

 

“M-Mira?” Haera mumbled softly- as if she had been caught in a wrong act- which really was the case.

 

Hyun Joong only stared at the two as the spitfire gritted her teeth- tears coating her cheeks.

 

“How can you do this to her, you ing ?!”

 

“I- I didn’t-“

 

“Shut up!” She roared, not caring about making a scene, and pulled her friend by the collar of her shirt. “How can you do that?! You ing backstabbing !”

 

Haera started crying along with her, on one side guilty, and the other confused as to why she had done anything wrong. Somin was no longer with Hyun Joong, so he had every right to show him affection. It wasn’t like she was making him cheat on her friend or anything.

 

“I knew it! I knew that you were after her relationship from the start, and I warned her, but she didn’t listen! !” Mira scolded herself mentally, she should have used more energy on trying to convince Somin and show her the true colours of their oh- so lovely “friend”.

 

“Mira please-“

 

“You’ve been with her all this while, and you still have the heart to do this?! After seeing her hurting, broken, falling apart and what not?” Her voice was getting quieter, but more disappointed and hostile. She hated the woman in front of her with all of her being. She hated this backstabbing and home wrecking .

 

“I can’t believe you did this,” Mira whispered and stepped away from the pair. “You both,” She pointed at the two of them with her index, as if to accuse them of a crime. “How could you crush her heart like this?”

 

And then she turned to the man and looked him up and down. “And you? You left her for this-“ She casted a glance towards Haera who was sobbing loudly. “? Was she really worth it? You chose this homewrecker? Your girlfriend’s bestie and your best friend’s girl?”

 

Hyun Joong didn’t like being accused of wrong things, so he took a large step towards the accuser and towered over her. “Don’t you ing dare assume things and accuse me of things I haven’t done.”

 

Mira wasn’t going to be intimidated, so she just laughed sarcastically and continued locking her eyes with his. “Oh really? Because you didn’t just ing embrace this hoe as if she has been giving you good s all along?”

 

“You know, just as me, that I have my eyes only for Somin-“

 

“No, you ing don’t.” She cut him off harshly, annoyed by him trying to cover up his actions with lies. “If you had, you wouldn’t be with this homewrecker.”

 

“W-we didn’t-“

 

“Shut up!” The man ordered the so called “homewrecker”. “Do not speak, ing dirty woman.”

 

Why was she dirty? She couldn’t understand, but those around her could. After all, she had lusted over a man who was forbidden to her. Not only because of Somin, but also because of her own ex, Heo Young Saeng whom she had crushed so cruelly.

 

“I and this woman-“ He pointed to Haera, “Have nothing going on, you got that?”

 

Mira shook her head with a moc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter