Beautiful Being

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6. Beautiful Being

 

With each minute that passed by, Hyun Joong was showing Somin new sides of him, that she hadn’t  seen before and that he himself wasn’t aware of having. He was caressing her hair, her cheeks and kissing on top of her head, only to soothe her body into sleep, but she was not able to sleep even after all the exhaustion. This lady was seriously bringing out the good in him.

 

 

 

Every time she closed her eyes, the faces of those men would haunt her, only to make her open those soaked eyes in shock, cringe into Hyun Joong’s chest, so that he would tighten his arms around her, and remind her that she was safe. 

 

 

 

"Should I turn off the lights?" He asked gently, trying not to scare the girl with his voice.

 

 

 

She nodded, because her eyes were hurting because of the light, and the pain would possibly be erased if he turned off the lights, so he stood up and made the whole room completely dark, before making his way back and taking her in his arms. He wanted to be close to her, just as much as she wanted to be close to him.

 

 

 

Somin placed one of her trembling hands over his heart and felt it beat really fast, almost as fast as her own. Since her head was leaned on his chest, she could also hear the sound of his heart, and that made her very much comfortable. Listening to him breath and his heart beat, made her want to not let go of him, even if that meant hurting herself and breaking her parents’ norms.  

 

 

 

"Hyun Joong?" She would ask every ten minutes, to assure herself that he was still here, since his body stayed still and made no movement. Only then, would he start caressing her hair again and prove that he hadn't gone anywhere. Hour after hour passed by just like that and then her eyes finally started to fall down slowly, resisting the protest against sleep. 

 

 

 

Just as the sleep was about to hit her, unsolved mysteries started to disturb her.

 

 

 

 

 

“But I heard that they were from the East Coast family?”

 

 

 

 

 

“East Coast?!”

 

 

 

 

 

“East Coast 501”

 

 

 

 

 

The imaginary picture of him holding a gun made her open her eyes in a snap. She couldn’t sleep before her questions were answered!

 

 

 

"Hyun Joong," She called his name at the same time as lifting one hand to place it on his warm cheek. He immediately covered the hand with his own before answering.

 

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

 

"Why do you have a gun?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

No answer, only silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tell me!" Somin lifted her head to look up at him and could only see one part of his face because of the dark overlay.

 

 

 

"Just go to sleep Jasmine." He answered with a stern and irritated tone, and that made her hurt, so she tried getting up, suddenly not wanting to be near him because of the mood swings.

 

 

 

"Don't!" He threatened and pulled back her wrist, making her hiss in pain. They still hurt, because of the force he had used on the parking lot.

 

 

 

"Why would I sit here and make fun of myself in front of you, trusting you, when you clearly don't trust me?!" Somin yelled in despair and frustration. She was crying and mumbling stupid things in his arms the whole time, thinking that he was a comforting friend, only to realize now that he saw her as nothing more than a desperate girl in crisis? How bad wasn't that?

 

 

 

"I am afraid you'll run away after knowing," He breathed softly and pulled her head to his chest. He was sure that no average human being would stay with someone like him. His lifestyle was somehow what would scare others, and therefore he preferred not to tell her anything.  

 

 

 

"I won't." The answer came faster than the speed of light. There was no limit to her curiosity on this topic about him.

 

 

 

"You will." 

 

 

 

"No, I promise!" The stubborn girl whined, not being able to handle all the curiosity and the nervousness it created. Why would she possibly run away after knowing something about him? Did that even make sense?

 

 

 

"Stop it, just sleep!"

 

 

 

"I won't, I promise!" 

 

 

 

Hyun Joong sighed and decided it was best to tell her, because it didn't look like she was planning to shut up any time soon.

 

 

 

"But if you do," he warned with a strict and threatening voice "then don't expect me to leave you alone just like that." In one moment he was scary, in the second he was charming and sweet and in the next very mysterious and dangerous. Somin guessed he had even more mood swings than a menstruating woman. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter