Introduction

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Warning: Not really :)

8. Introduction

 

Somin tried releasing her tiny hand from Hyun Joong’s huge one, but Hyun Joong was not in the mood to let go of her just yet. He simply waved their intertwined hands back and forth, while his girlfriend was freaking out and hatching plans about how she could explain her situation to the two girls who were shooting daggers at her. When Hyun Joong realized that Somin was focusing on something distant, he too let his eyes catch a look of what seemed to stress out his new girlfriend. One small smirk formed quickly on his lips as he started dragging Somin towards the two girls he acknowledged as her buddies.

 

 

Both confused girls put smiles, that didn’t quite reach their eyes fully when the boyfriend greeted them and smiled like all of them were close acquaintances from long ago. Somin laughed nervously upon taking notice of the deathly stare Haera was sending her and she even wanted to bury herself ten metres down in the ground when Mira grabbed her free arm and whispered naughty things in her ear, assuming that the guy next to her wasn’t able to catch up on their conversation.

 

 

“Did you or did you not have with him?” Mira’s face was lightening up on the thought, but her friend could do nothing more than being embarrassed and angry.

 

 

“Shut up you , and no I did not!”

 

 

“Are you sure?” Mira giggled and casted a look towards Hyun Joong who was smirking mightily, since he had heard it all. One could say that his ears were similar to a cat’s, after all he had kept up with the whispering of his girlfriend’s feisty friend.

 

 

“Yes, I am!” She gritted her teeth in rage and wanted to end this conversation as soon as possible. It would bring her nothing more than unnecessary embarrassment and awkwardness.

 

 

“You can’t be for forever you know?”

 

 

Somin gasped and shot her a deathly glare. This bull girl, how can she talk about such matters when a guy is so close that he can even hear the air they are breathing in?

 

 

“I swear Mira I will break your mouth!”

 

 

Naughty Mira only giggled away happily, so Somin had no other choice but to push her away and pull Haera towards her, so that she could occupy the empty space and prevent Mira from coming closer. The plan worked perfectly and Hyun Joong suppressed his chuckle all the way, as if he hadn’t heard anything at all!

 

 

Most women were gawking at the four of them, mostly at the new couple who were walking hand in hand through the busy and stressed filled halls. Blood was rushing crazily in Somin’s ears and her pulse had reached those levels that you don’t talk about upon acknowledging all of the attention they were receiving. Why are all these weird people staring, Somin complained and whined mentally. Was it because she was holding Hyun Joong's hand? She is aware that her guy has a special place and respect in other girls’ heart (?), proven by the encounter in the canteen last week, but why must they behave like high school kids?  She is glad this wasn't high school, because if it was, the girls would have punched her to the ground by now. 

 

 

Somin stopped in front of the auditorium where her class would be held, and both Mira and Haera rushed in, even though none of them should actually be there.

 

 

"Well, I lied about Law," She revealed chewing on her lips, feeling that everybody around was staring at both her and Hyun Joong.

 

 

"I know!" He laughed and made her question how he knew, and why he hadn't revealed it earlier. "I can get any information with the background of mine." 

 

 

"Pssstt........." So arrogant and prideful. Somin rolled her eyes and turned around to walk in since the professor had walked by already and signalled that the lecture was starting, but Hyun Joong pulled her back by the arm to face him. The few girls around gasped, pondering about what he would do now. Will he kiss her?

 

 

"Give me your phone, I need to put my number." Said Hyun Joong to some’s utter relief and others’ tiny bit of disappointment.

 

 

Somin punched the code on her phone, which was gifted from her brother just before she had arrived in Seoul and smiled upon remembering him and mentally pouted afterwards since she also missed him badly. It has been a week since they've talked, therefore she made a menal note on calling him while Hyun Joong was busy with the phones.

 

 

"I'll see you for lunch." declared Hyun Joong after he had successfully saved his number in Somin’s phone and given a misscall to his own phone, so that he could save hers. He handed her the cellphone and started leaning in, since he obviously wanted something, but Somin gulped and looked around her, and found girls blinking their eyes in astonishment. To his disappointment, she had turned around and rushed into the auditorium before he could successfully accomplish his mission. Laters baby, thought Hyun Joong and chuckled to himself, before walking away towards his own department.

 

 

Mira waved Somin over when she stepped in the room and forced her to occupy the seat between her and Haera. She started demanding to know everything that had happened since yesterday and Somin was left with no choice but to explain everything that had happened. She even told them how cruelly she ditched the guy and how angry he was at the parking lot.

 

 

When the incident with the three monsters came up, both of her friends soothed her back and clenched their fists in anger. They couldn’t imagine what would have happened to their dear friend if her saviour hadn’t been there and thanked God for saving this innocent beauty. Not many details were left out, hell she even told them about the East Coast family! Haera’s hand reached up to cover in shock while Mira gasped loudly. She didn’t know whether it was right or wrong to tell them his secret, but if something happens to her, they have to be aware of this matter right? One part of Haera already knew that he wasn’t a normal person, and Mira had been there when East Coasters were mentioned in the canteen, so there was actually no point in hiding it. Their smart brains would figure it out somehow anyways. The only thing Somin kept for helselft, was the part about Hyun Joong’s family. That was a heart touching and privat topic which he had brought up just because he probably had some faith in her. She didn’t want to reveal his personal matters to anyone else, that wouldn’t have been fair.

 

 

“Yah, he is a criminal!” Haera said in a warning tone. She feared her friend’s security, what if he hurts her?

 

 

“Shut up Haera, he saved her!”

 

 

“But we don’t know him, how could you accept his proposal just like that?!”

 

 

“I felt bad…… he was asking so sincerely.” Somin reasoned out quietly and a sad expression invaded her entire face.

 

 

“So you just accepted his proposal because of guilt? How convenient of you Jung Somin!”

 

 

“Haera, you are destroying the romance, he really likes her!” Mira butted in and defended the new couple. She was open to the idea of her friend finally getting a boyfriend, and she was nowhere close to letting anybody change her friend’s relationship status.

 

 

“It’s not only because of guilt Hee, I really admire him too…….”

 

 

“Good luck then,” Replied Haera with an angry and disappointed face, not convinced about this whole thing.

 

 

“Hee…..” started Somin, but was interrupted by professor Hwang who settled his palms angrily on the desk in front of him.

 

 

“You three, out, now!” He pointed accusingly at the three girls. The fact was that he had been eyeing them since the lesson started, but kept on giving them chances on behaving themselves and not interrupting his speech. Disrespectful, foolish and childish are the words he’d like to use for these three girls that weren’t really taking education seriously at this moment.

 

 

“Sir, we are-“ Somin wanted to apologize, but was cut off once again.

 

 

“I said out!”

 

 

So out they went, with shrunken shoulders and shameful faces.

 

 

“You guys destroyed my class!” Somin accused right away after exiting the hall. Aish, stupid girls destroyed my class. Now how am I supposed to study without those notes?!

 

 

“You were talking to, and it’s not like you put in some effort on listening to him anyways!”

 

 

Yes, I was talking because you wanted me to you witches.

 

 

“Whatever…..”

 

 

Strolling through the building were three quiet, yet disturbed girls.

 

 

“Don’t be mad at her Hee!” Suggested Mira who could not bear the strange atmosphere both of her friends were creating. It was weird and uncomfortable for her to see the two of them avoiding talking and looking at each other. She sure has to do something to settle their differences before heading to her own class.

 

 

“I am not.”

 

 

“Yes, you are!”

 

 

Haera shrugged and turned around. “I just don’t want him to take advantage of you Jasmine,”

 

 

Her real worry was Hyun Joong’s capabilities. He looked like those kinds who could easily brainwash and compel. Those kind of people were never good to have around.

 

 

“Yah, do you think I am one whom anybody can take advantage of?” Somin was disappointed of the fact that her friend thought she was such a weakling. She is strong, she has even pondered about what to do if someone tries to take advantage of her. It’s as simple as poking his eye, lifting one leg and shoving her feet into that special bodypart.

 

 

“No, but he is an advantage taking person.”

 

 

“Let’s not judge him already, and I’ll be careful you know.”

 

 

“Just tell us if you smell something fishy about him, alright?”

 

 

“Of course!”

 

 

And they hugged it out while Mira clapped her hands like a little child.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter